main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ A change of codes

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Chansplace, Oct 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    I couldnt find strider either. hopefully they wont be too far away.

2. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    yeah i know ironhide i wish i had his collection. Any way i would rather have a lightsaber over a metal sword anyday energy blasts over magic and the ablitly to become your transport over riding a hoarse.

3. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    someone said this earlier: I got the Hobbit on CD

hehe The Hobbit i got for my Bday last year was a limited edition collectors box. it contained the book, a cd of JRR Tolkien (himself) reading the chapter "riddles in the dark" when bilbo finds the ring and has the riddles with Gollum.

this CD is amazing! - such expression.

im gonna start looking for these LOTR figures!

4. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    My Mum got a book for my brother called "Bored of the Rings" - it's a parody version, but I didn't get time to look at properly.

:)

5. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    i just asked my mum if shes seen any LOTR figures.

:) :D she has!

i think i will join those in the LOTR figures collecting

PS: if i see a few Aragorn/Strider figures any one want me to get them to put them aside or to buy them and you and i could talk bout sending me money and ill get u the figure - as i hear they are not readily available. - POSSIBILITY and with mums discount - $$$ ching ching!! $$$ hehe

in memory of Nadim Jasani (Darth-Hannibal):
    [image=http://www.angelfire.com/nv/TheOliveBranch/images/doveict2.gif]

6. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Oh no, someone else lost to the Darkside.

:(

7. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    I didnt mean for this to become a LOTR conversion thread...

Aparrently Strider is not available in the first wave of figures.

8. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Was talking to one of the employees in TW who for a change really new his stuff. (Bit of LOTR buff to I'd suspect) He said they had expected to get some stryders but they never turned up. Not having them in wave 1 maybe now be the cause. Also waiting on the the Arwen two pack. I think she's on a white horse. Apparently the Sam Gamgee figures have been one of the best selling so I would suggest snapping one up if you find one.

9. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    ok will do, Sam is on my list! apparently mum saw a gandolf the other day with a horse (shadowfax i guess) gotta get that!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    yes, sadly, Darth-Hannibal (Nadim Jasani) has passed away. Please if any of you knew him or talked to him or would like to just say something in his memory - go to the GAMES BOARD and post in the thread there.
    ta.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

dont worry bout this turnnig into a LOTR thread - i like it hehe and im sure the Admins here dont mind ;)

10. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    I popped into K-Mart (St Lukes, Auckland) and they had some of the bigger LotR multi-figure packs, but I didn't see any of the single ones.

They also had some "new" Transformers - both small (Matchbox size) and larger ones.

No new Star Wars figures though. :(

11. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    ok,

first tomoro (wed 10th sept) LOTR figures are on speial at $16.95 - down a few dollars!

be in quick!

mum picked me up from school today (i asked her if she saw a strier to put it aside! and any other striders/aragorns if they had more) so i hopped into the car and apparently no warehouse in the country has them (mum did a bit of ringing hehe) the DO come in the next wave.

anyway mum said there was only one Gandolf and so she had put that aside (i told her about the Sam figures being HOT but there were amny at WestGate) so i asked if she could take me up to westgate to see gandolf etc.

when i got up there and mum got him from the "staff holding area" i was blown away by this figure. it was great! so, of course, i wanted this and we went and had a quick look at the LOTR stand. it had been stripped (and they have not even been advertised yet hehe)

we ended up getting these (for layby - mums getting them "held" until tomoro - when they are cheaper)

$18.95 Gandolf (awesome)
    $18.95 King of the Ringwraiths (looks amazing)
    $49.95 Ringwraith with black horse (awesome detail on horse)
    $18.95 Gimli (great)
    $18.95 Sam (cool)
    $18.95 Legolas (awesome)
    $18.95 Saruman (greatness)
    $49.95 Boromir and (unknown character to me) (but i wanted this hehe)

i think those are all the figures i put away.

i urge those who want these figures to go to your nearest Warehouse wed morning and get the discounted figures - THEY ARE GOING FAST!

i also saw:

$49.95 (forgotten name of lady elf that this box had) with white horse and injured frodo
    $18.95 Frodo
    and one or two others i cant remember off the top of my head.

the king of the ringwaiths looked better than the ringwaiths in the box with the horse - but the horse was amazing!

12. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    As far as quality goes I think they are probably some of the best detailed figures about at the moment for it's price range.

Again the age old statement comes up: "There's just so much to collect"

13. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    i was having doubts about them as we drove to the warehouse to see them, but when mum grabbed the Gandolf i was like "OMG!" :eek:

the material for legolas', and others, clothese seems to be a rubber but the Ringwraith with the horse has material clothing/hood.

i have said "im gonna keep them in their boxes" (cause in 30years time they'l be worth more if left in the original box but i know ill want to open them and puyt some batteries in the gandolf and horse etc.

jp-so has SW figures that would be worth HEAPS if still in original box. so depending on how i am, with my $$$, i may open one or two and leave the rest.

:) :D

14. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000
    Don't bother collecting stuff as an "investment" - there's WAY too many people doing that these days, so stuff will takes many years before it becomes particularly valuable.

Anything you buy now is more likely to be worth something for your Great-Grandchildren than for you in only 30 years time.

15. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    o ok.

my mum read LOTR when she was a young girl, and it seems to me that shes as much keen to buy them as me! hehe. i rang her today (at work) and she said - she grabbed a few more - so i know have the entire first wave on lay-by. (im gonna have a great B/Day and X-Mas this year hhe.

one question - the character in the box with Boromir is called "Lurtz" who is this?

will i meet him in the 3rd book (return of the king) or what? i have just looked in the back of this book where it has references. maps and a list of caracters etc - no "Lurtz" mum cannot recall him either. who is this character?

16. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    NEW TRANSFORMERS! must be the Robots in Disguise range... aaargh! more stuff to drool over.

where are these LOTR figures on special? at the warehouse?

I dont recall a Lurtz, maybe a type of Orc?

I'm with u SWNZ, next on my buy list is the Arwen and Steed box set.

BTW, I never buy stuff for investment sake, (even though I keep em carded) I buy them cos theyre cool.

17. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Arwen and Steed box set

is this the one with the white horse and injured frodo? this is cool!

ummm - ok i was really getting annoyed at not knowing who this "Lurtz" was so i did some "web surfing" i went to google.com and looked up "LOTR characters" i came to a page of thumbnails of artists interpretations of characters scenes etc.

i saw BALROG and clicked, as i was just interested to see this pic. Turns out (if people have seen the "Lurtz" figure - see his weapon? - its like a whip with several "tails" - well the BALROG was HOLDING THIS WHIP! perhaps Lurtz is the Balrogs name... - i suspect it is!

link to thumbnail pics

this is the Balrog pic with whip! what are your thoughts (those that have seen this figure and his whip/weapon)
    [image=http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/2451/gallery/BALROG.jpg]

(for some reason only half the pic shows!)

18. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I don't think Lurks the Balrog, I think he is one of the Orcs, possible one of the group that captured Peregrin and what's his face. (sorry my mind just had a blank)

19. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    ooh! whats-his-face - thats him! it is! ;)

na im only guessing its the Galrog due to the similar whip like weapon.

EDIT = now i re-read your post i see you mean merry and pippin - who were captured by the orcs, that fell to the riders of rohan. - i dont think Lurtz is one of those orcs. (may well be - ooooo thinking bout it - it may be the orc that kills boromir - as this figures comes in the same box as boromir! just before merry and pippen are captured.)

20. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    I went a brought the witch king ringwraith today man hes cool the lunging action aint that great

21. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

I reckon that the "What's His Face" figure is the best one ever!! :D

22. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    I just read on the back that Lurtz is one of the Uruk Hai, apparently the largest and bred by Saruman himself.

I want more LOTR figures but I cant afford them right now, and they're all dissapearing from WH shelves cos they're on special.

23. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    the WHAT? they must be further in the 3rd book!

mmmmmm so i wonder why the have included Lurtz eith Boromir - when Boromir (dont want to spoil people that havnt read the LOTR - before movie if they dont want to be spoilt) takes his "journey" at the breaking of the fellow ship. if boromir "is away on his 'journey' - hes not gonna be around at that point in the 3rd book! - so why have Lurtz with him? seems odd to me.

the figure(s) im most awaiting now are Aragorn/Strider and Gandolf with Shadowfax!

24. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    after much looking for these LOTR action figures and this LURTZ character i have found this site:

figures site

it has the figures (some look different but this is the best i can find) and comming figures.

the 9 - 12" figures look cool!

25. Darth Sebious

Darth Sebious Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 21, 2000
    Lurtz is a Uruk-Hai who was created only for the FotR movie. The two-pack does make sense...but I won't spoil it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.