main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Change Of Tactics(An AU ROTS Fic featuring Mace, Anakin, Obi and various others)UPDATED 10/17

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DARTH-DIABLO, Jul 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hyperion51

Hyperion51 Jedi Master star 3

Jun 11, 2005
    So Saesee Tiin and Agen Kolar are about to do something drastic, Anakin is about to give them the go ahead order, and Yoda is giving his blessing for whatever they have cooked up. It sounds like it is something to use against Palpatine.

Sense another trip to the hospital for Palpatine, I do.

2. DARTH-DIABLO

DARTH-DIABLO Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2005
    TorontoJediMaster - Yeah poor Ozzel's misadventures might not last too long. But then again he might luck out.
    Palpatine is gonna be like Danny Glover and think "i'm too old for this ****!". But he'll bounce back to create more problems for our heroes. And u can bet he'll watch the people who deliver his new desk very carefully.

Update on Monday. Should be a long one. I've got a lot to get through.

3. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Can't wait for the post.

Heh-heh. Maybe you should create a running gag that his desk keeps getting destroyed through various means. Some more sabotage...another Jedi attack...Palpatine suspects a bomb so he has his troops blow it up (only to find it was a false alarm)...Palpatine himself accidentally destroys it while practicing with his lightsaber. [face_laugh] All the while he has to attend events as the benign Supreme Chancellor. [face_tired]

Hey, maybe he'll get in a speeder crash to cap the week he's been having. [face_beatup]

Ozzel having luck to pull him through his stupidity? Hmmm. In normal circumstances I'd say that would be plausible...But against Grievous, I don't know.

4. Hyperion51

Jun 11, 2005
    How about Tiin and Kolar crash something into the Chancellor's office building. Something big, like a star destroyer. Going straight down at a 90 degree angle at maximun speed.

5. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    Crashing into his palace might be even more irritating to him. (Like when Luke and Lando blew up Xixor's Palace). Mind you, I don't think a Star Destroyer would be able to make it. It would likely burn up and disintegrate in re-entry before it could nail anything really good.

6. DARTH-DIABLO

May 18, 2005
    Ah the old crash a star destroyer into the building routine eh?
    Thats not what Tiin and Kolar are up to but be assured if Anakin fails to defeat Palpatine when they finally fight then the star destroyer idea will be Yoda's plan B.

7. Hyperion51

Jun 11, 2005
    The older star destroyers seen in AOTC and ROTS can land and take off from the surface of planets. All they have to do is gain access to the flight controls of one taking off or coming in for a landing, and they're in business.

Of course if they have to actually be onboard when they do it, they might want to aquire parachutes or jetpacks if they want to be alive to see the results.

8. DARTH-DIABLO

May 18, 2005
    Part 11

Under the midday sun Jedi Master Agen Kolar was crouched under a tree on a grassy hill looking through a view scope. It was almost time to begin and this thought brough a frown to his forehead. This task would require great concentration and a great deal of finesse. It seemed fineese had disappeared in the last few years. The war was all about getting the job done. And quickly!

Still that would not stop him carrying out his task. It was important to the order so it would be done. Also he did have help in the form of his fellow Master Saesse Tiin.

The horned Jedi approached Kolar. "Are you ready my friend?"

Kolar looked up and nodded. "Yes. Just waitng for Skywalker's signal. This will be hard for him."

Tiin sighed "It will be but there is a new determination in Skywalker. He will do his duty and so will we. I'm getting into position. May the Force be with you Agen."

"And with you Master Tiin!"

------------------------------

Anakin led Yoda and the others to the Amidala's home. They discussed the holonet broadcast of the Mustafar invasion.

"A trap the Republic fleet has walked into. More fight the Seperatists have in them than we thought." Yoda mused as he walked alongside Anakin.

Mace Windu agreed. "Yes it appears they have reorganised their forces quite well. This war is not over yet!"

Obi-Wan chimed in "They have managed to fool Palpatine. I doubt Gunray could have led them to that. I sense another hand at work. There is a new leader. Would you agree Anakin?"

Anakin semed distracted to Obi-Wan and so he tried to bring him into the discussion. After a few seconds Anakin realised he was being spoken to and answered. "Sorry Obi-Wan. I agree that there is a player we don't know about with the Seperatists."

He came to a stop. "Masters we are here. Padme is inside. I'll go and fetch her."

As he made a step forward Obi-Wan felt something in the force. He attempted to focus on it but was interrupted by the sudden explosion just metres in front of him.

Chaos erupted as laser blasts hit all around the Jedi. Their lightsabres ignited simultaneously and they moved to defensive positions. It was then Obi-Wan noticed the blasts were'nt aimed at them but at Padme's home.

"Padme!" Anakin ran towards the now flaming building but was stopped by a volley of laser fire. He turned to be faced with battle droids charging towards him. The other Jedi were faced by the same situation.

Mace deflected laser fire as he spoke into his communicator. "All Jedi converge to the Amidala residence. We're under attack!"

Yoda leaped through the air and met the droids head on decapitating two as he landed. Kit Fisto was right behind him and not letting his new arm hinder him in anyway.

Anakin cut through the droids like a gale force wind but could'nt prevent all of them hitting the house which was now fully ablaze. Obi-Wan joined his former padawan in trying to get through the droid lines.. They both heard the creaks and groans of the building's structure starting to give so they fought even harder to get inside.

But these droids were'nt fighting like normal. Mace noted they were picking their shots and not just constantly firing like they usually would to try and mow down the enemy.

Mace force pushed a dozen away as he saw reinforcments arrive. Unfortunately for both sides. As Jedi arrived there were Vulture droids hovering above and they joined in attacking the house.

Mace took charge of the arriving Jedi. "Master Luminara, Knight Offee, take out those Vulture droids. Ki-Adi, Plo cover their flank!"

As Plo Koon and Ki-Adi Mundi went back to back deflecting fire from the ground Master Luminara and Bariss Offee jumped first onto a nieghbouring house's roof and then again right onto a vulture droid.

"Ready Bariss?"

"Ready Master!" the Kight replied.

Master Luminara drove her sabre into the droid's cpu. Then before ti began to crash held it in place using the force. "Lets go my former Padawan!"

At her mental command the droid movedthrough the ai

9. Windu2008

Windu2008 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 30, 2005
    [face_thinking] *Snags first review*

Hm...droids attacking Naboo again? It seems strange, having forces that far away from Mustafar. The plot thickens...[face_mischief]

Thrawn? Wow. If he switches sides, the Republic's screwed. Then again...
    [face_thinking]

I noticed the Jedi there. Plo Koon, Luminara, Barriss...nice. [face_peace] I'm hoping for Nejaa Halycon, Tholme, and Quinlan Vos to make their way there. Will they? [face_praying]

10. DARTH-DIABLO

May 18, 2005
    Windu2008 - Thanks for reading. The plot is indeed thickening.
    I don't know much about Nejaa Halycon or Tholme i'm afraid:oops:
    Quinlan Vos will make an appearance in a couple of chapters time.

11. Peagis

Peagis Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    wow great post, i wonder what Palpy has in mind for the cloner's on Kamino...?

12. Hyperion51

Jun 11, 2005
    Nice touch putting in Luminara and Barriss Offee. I always did like those two. Good to see that Ki-Adi-Mundi and Plo Koon have arrived as well. Where is Shaak Ti? I didn't hear her mentioned in the fight. Was she in Padme's house?

I believe Master Halcyon, rest his soul, would be pushing up daisies at this point in the SW timeline. I think he was killed about 6 months or so prior to ROTS. Never heard about the other Jedi, but Quinlan Vos should be alive and well right now.

Also, there is Pablo-Jill, and Coleman Kcaj, both some sort of fish or amphibious Jedi. Then there is Stass Allie, Aayla Secura, Bultar Swan, and Cin Drallig, all of which should be alive right now.

Are Agen Kolar and Saesee Tiin about to kill someone or something, or are they looking for a place for the Jedi to hide? They can't be on Mustafar. They couldn't be on Coruscant by now, otherwise they would likely be dead or on the run. They couldn't be on Kamino, since there aren't any hills or trees there. I'm guessing somewhere else on Naboo perhaps. Or maybe Yavin 4, preparing a place for the Jedi to hide.

Greivous is an unstoppable killing machine. Ventress is an unstoppable killing machine, although she has failed, in some cases repeatedly to kill Anakin, Obi-Wan, Mace, Yoda, and Kit. If Thrawn jumps on the bandwagon with them Palpatine is in big trouble, and the Jedi will be so deep in trouble that surrender might not start to look like a bad idea.

13. Hyperion51

Jun 11, 2005
    Nice touch putting in Luminara and Barriss Offee. I always did like those two. Good to see that Ki-Adi-Mundi and Plo Koon have arrived as well. Where is Shaak Ti? I didn't hear her mentioned in the fight. Was she in Padme's house?

I believe Master Halcyon, rest his soul, would be pushing up daisies at this point in the SW timeline. I think he was killed about 6 months or so prior to ROTS. Never heard about the other Jedi, but Quinlan Vos should be alive and well right now.

Also, there is Pablo-Jill, and Coleman Kcaj, both some sort of fish or amphibious Jedi. Then there is Stass Allie, Aayla Secura, Bultar Swan, and Cin Drallig, all of which should be alive right now.

Are Agen Kolar and Saesee Tiin about to kill someone or something, or are they looking for a place for the Jedi to hide? They can't be on Mustafar. They couldn't be on Coruscant by now, otherwise they would likely be dead or on the run. They couldn't be on Kamino, since there aren't any hills or trees there. I'm guessing somewhere else on Naboo perhaps. Or maybe Yavin 4, preparing a place for the Jedi to hide.

Greivous is an unstoppable killing machine. Ventress is an unstoppable killing machine, although she has failed, in some cases repeatedly, to kill Anakin, Obi-Wan, Mace, Yoda, and Kit. If Thrawn jumps on the bandwagon with them Palpatine is in big trouble, and the Jedi will be so deep in trouble that abandoning the fight and going deep underground might not be a bad idea. Would be interesting if the Order survived, but they had to vertually disappear.

I hope Padme is okay. If she is even badly injured, let alone killed, nothing the Jedi at the scene do, short of collectively jumping onto him and beating him to a bloody pulp, will be enough to keep Anakin from going ballistic, and going on a destructive rampage.

14. Windu2008

Windu2008 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 30, 2005
    *Twiddles fingers and waits for an update*

15. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    Yes, waiting anxiously for an update.

I see Palpatine's new desk didn't last too long. He's going to have to do paperwork on his lap pretty soon. Heh-heh-heh.

Definitely hope Padme isn't badly hurt, or they're going to have a time calming Anakin.

As for Thrawn, I wonder what his feelings would be once he learns that Palpatine was behind both sides of the war. Thrawn is cold-blooded, but he's not a sociopath. I think that even he would find Palpatine's actions too much, with all the lives lost and tremendous cost. He might end up as a potential ally for the Jedi.

16. DARTH-DIABLO

May 18, 2005
    Peagis - Glad u liked it. You can bet Palpatine is up to something evvvvvil on Kamino.

Hyperion51 - I'll admit it. I forgot about Shaak Ti:oops:
    Still i will explain where she was at in the next chapter. I'm glad i've got readers like you to keep me on track. Thanks for reading!

Windu2008 - Update on Monday. Sorry, i relaise thats a lot of thumb twiddling. Thanks for reading.

TorontoJediMaster - Yeah as bad as Palpatine has had it his office furniture supplier has had it worse with the complaints of flimsy material. Still keeps him busy.
    More on Padme's fate next chapter. Due on Monday. Thanks for reading.

17. DARTH-DIABLO

May 18, 2005
    Many apologies people. I know i said there would b an update today but i'm swamped with work and i've got the dentist tomorrow so i will update on wednesday. Which is good in a way because it gives me a little more time to refine this upcoming chapter. I was'nt thrilled with the last so i want to get it right this time.
    So sorry again. Till Wednesday may the force be with you!

18. DARTH-DIABLO

May 18, 2005
    Part 12

Commander Thrawn was known throughtout the Republic as one of the most level headed officers there was. However in the last ten minutes he had went through several emotions: Anger at cornered by his enemy. Confusion at that same enemy's ceasefire and now shock at what. had just been revealed by Admiral Grevious.

Grevious fixed the commander with a cold stare as he asked "So Commander Thrawn, are you going to continue obeying a self serving Sith or would you like to switch to the winning side?"

Before Thrawn could respond one of his clone troopers yelled at the pair. "Sir you can't listen to this droid. He is spouting Seperatist lies to try and divide us. Our loyalty is to the Chancellor and the Republic!"

Thrawn snapped back "No, your programmed loyalty is to that deciever. Mine is to myself. The signs were there and i should have seen them. The Republic i knew does'nt exsist anymore. A new one will have to be built and that will occur after a Seperatist takeover. So with that said..!"

The clone did'nt have time to move as Thrawn shot him down. The other clones quickly raised their weapons ready to fight despite being surrounded.

As Grevious held a hand up for his forces to wait a lone fighter landed nearby. Grevious nodded with satisfaction as the pilot stepped out. "Ah, General Ventress! I see you have completed your mission."

"Yes Admiral. All enemy vessels have been destroyed. Some escape pods were launched. Our ground forces are hunting survivors now."

"Excellent. Then there is just one more thing. Could you deal with these remaining clones please? They are boring me!"

Assaj turned towards her targets as her sabres ignited. "Of course Sir. My pleasure."

As clone's death cries filled the air Grevious put an arm round his newly recruited commander's shoulder. "Come my friend. We have plans to make and a Republic to defeat."

----------------------------

The last holonet images recorded from the battle at Mustafar were being shown to the Senate. The last ones brought sounds of shock and fear as they showed Republic cruisers being decimated and then the cyborg killer Grevious advancing through clonetroopers as if they were nothing.

Palpatine stood to adress the assembled delegates. "My friends this is a grim time indeed. We were fooled into believing the Seperatist's were on the brink of collapse. Even the Jedi were tricked into thinking General Grevious was destroyed!"

He paused letting those gathered focus on that Jedi slip up rather than his. He then continued. "After this defeat and the breaches of security here on Coruscant itself the Republic has to take drastic measures to protect itself!"

He looked down feigning regret before he went on. "I have to act to secure our homes which is why i want to place garrisons on every world in the Republic. I need your votes my friends to increase my emergency powers to do this."

He spread his arms wide in a gesture of pleading and reached out in the force psuhing those of weaker wills to see his viewpoint. "The Seperatist cowards decieved and infiltrated the Galactic Republic but with your help they will be driven back by the new Republic Empire! will you help me in this task?"

Cheers and applause spread round the Senate as the thin smile spread on Palpatine's face. "My friends you have saved our way of life. I thank you! I will do everything in my power to end this war quickly. Garrisons will be sent to your respective worlds as soon as possible. I myself will travel to Kamino to presonally oversee the production of more troops to defend our Empire. Thank you once again!"

Palpatine's pod descended to raputurous applause although there were those in the Senate far from far happy.

Bail Organa felt sick at what had occured. Military forces on all their worlds. This confirmed all the bad feelings he had whenever he was around Palpatine. The Chancellor had just created a police state and was cheered for it. Something had to be done and it was clear that the Senate was not the place to do it.

19. Hyperion51

Jun 11, 2005
    So Padme is dead? I actually didn't see that coming. No twins either. Anakin is going to be an emotional mess. I hope Obi-Wan and the others are careful around him, otherwise he might snap. If Anakin does lose it, Palpatine, Greivous, and the Jedi all will have reason to be concerned.

So what where Saesee and Agen up to? If Yoda isn't even telling Obi-Wan and Shaak, both of whom are Council members, it must have been something big, or will be something big.

20. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    So, to compound Palpatine's problems, Thrawn has joined up with Grievous. That's bad news.

However, Ozzel seems to have made an unexpected move. Perhaps he might decide the only beings he can trust are the Jedi and will make contact with them?

As for Padme, my guess is that she was abducted before the house was destroyed. She's to be the bargaining chip that Grievous or Palpatine -whoever was responsible for it- is going to use to get to Anakin. Killing Padme would only get Anakin really, really pissed off. Keeping her alive gives them some potential leverage with him.

21. DARTH-DIABLO

May 18, 2005
    Hyperion51 - Glad i was able to surprise you. It's hard cos you usually see a lot of my stuff coming. You seem to guess what i'm gonna write before i post it. Tiin and Kolar's mission will(finally) be revealed next chapter. Believe me it was necessary to keep everyone hanging. Keep reading and reviewing.

TorontoJediMaster - I can reveal that Padme was'nt abducted by Grevious or Palpatine. Thanks again for reading.

22. Hyperion51

Jun 11, 2005
    Obi-Wan: Saesee, its good to see you again.
    Saesee: Likewise Obi-Wan.
    Obi-Wan: What exactly where you and Agen up to. Speaking of Agen, where is he.
    Saesee: Oh, just taking care of some unfinished business.

(Dark room in an abandoned warehouse, filled with various shady characters. Agen Kolar comes out dressed in a tuxedo. In his right hand, are a plaque with the stuffed and mounted head of Jar Jar Binks. In his other hand is a P-90 machine gun.)

Agen: Ladies and gentlemen, we will start the bidding at 1 million credits.

23. DARTH-DIABLO

May 18, 2005

Damn! This suggestion is better than what really happens. Wonder if i can do a rewrite[face_thinking]

Funny stuff Hyperion. U should write a comedy fic.

24. Hyperion51

Jun 11, 2005
    This may have an obvious answer, but although Padme is dead, did the twins somehow survive? It would be devastating for Anakin to find out that not only has he lost his wife, but two children as well, especially if he was only thinking that it was just one child.

25. DARTH-DIABLO

May 18, 2005

All i can say is stay tuned. Next chapter has the answers you want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.