main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A character with a different sexuality in Star Wars EU?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Kran Starborn, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Bib Fartuna

Bib Fartuna Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    Wasn't this also associated with Pedagogy? This was hinted at by Aristotle to Alexander in Oliver Stone's film.

2. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    I would note that classical Greek pederasty was seen as something of mentor-student type relationship, was seen as a positive element within that cultural context, and was seen as a means of preparing a youth for public life within his poleis. It certainly doesn't quite line up with modern Western moral thoughts on such matters, but one can hardly expect it to, as it existed in an *entirely different cultural context*. I would also try to use better sources than an Oliver Stone's Alexander.

Bib Fartuna likes this.
  3. Bib Fartuna

Nov 4, 2012
    Yes, that was the word I was looking for, although it can be related to pedagogy I suppose.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pederasty_in_Ancient_Greece

Oliver Stone's movie was just an example, and one of the first things that came to mind, which I thought would be widely known (the movie) to most people here, helping my analogy.

4. THE EVIL CLIFFIE

THE EVIL CLIFFIE Jedi Master star 2

Jul 11, 2008

This isn't directly related, but it IS an interesting tangent to your point:

Jabari and Gorefiend like this.
  5. Bib Fartuna

Nov 4, 2012
    That was awesome.

"Power wields people" :)

I just wish the guy wasn't on amphetamines.

6. Jabari

Jabari Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2007
    "Let's try to remember that the world ISN'T just. Because only then will we have the power to change it."

:)