main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Child of My Own - Beru's diary - updated 12/17 - Beru, Owen, Luke

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Today, my placid, happy, easygoing little boy disappeared in a flash of sound and fury

Sounds just like his adult father :p

I'm glad Beru didn't give into the near-overwhelming urge to just give Luke the toy. It can be tough denying your little ones a simple toy but she did the right thing.

And I'm sure Padme would approve [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

2. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    It would truly be an abnormal child that never ever had a temper tantrum. Good for Beru for sticking through the crying and not giving in while at the same time showing Luke love. Too many people either give in or yell at the child... both of which makes things worse.

Great update.

3. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Our first tiny crisis together, and I think we did all right.

Just perfect! [face_love]

Good for Beru! She handled it beautifully. :D

4. celine

celine Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2007
  5. PetraKenobi

PetraKenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2008
    aw, I didn't know Luke had a temper either. :p but Beru handled it well. good update and thanks for the PM.

6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes Beru that's how you handle a boy =D=
    and what a lovely update.[:D]

7. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    Oh my, this is just so wonderful. All of the little details, so familiar to anyone who has raised a little one. *sigh*

And the ongoing thread of the relationship between Luke and Ben, you do it in such a delicate, understated way, all the more to rip our hearts out. I can only hope that this story is somehow contiguous with the Consolation you have granted him elsewhere. *ah, Obi-Wan*:_| @};-

May I please be added to the PM list so I don't get behind again?[face_blush]

P.S. Your grand-daughter is lovely. They just grab onto our heartstrings and never let go, don't they?

8. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Aunt Beru handled that perfectly. Oh, that Luke. At least the Force powers didn't come out and start to shake the walls or anything. LOL!

9. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    Today, my placid, happy, easygoing little boy disappeared in a flash of sound and fury. Not only did he literally throw himself down, his little heels were kicking at the floor with such rage that after my initial shock, I wanted nothing more than to laugh.
    [face_laugh] o_O At least he didn't bang his head on the ground and against the walls repeatedly, like I used to. :oops: ...I only did it a few times![face_blush] :p

Finally, he gazed up at me with tear-filled eyes and blinked. One more little tear traced down his cheek and I sensed that the moment had passed.

I smiled at him and held open my arms. Luke scrambled to his feet and threw himself into my embrace. As I held his heaving, sweaty little body I sent up a small prayer of thanksgiving to the gods.

Our first tiny crisis together, and I think we did all right. I smiled as I brushed back his sweaty curls and kissed his hot, flushed little cheek.

Awwwwwwww![face_love]:* She did a great job handling the whole situation.
    Wonderful job!!
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Very real to life and adorable :D :* ;)

11. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Fantastic update! Love the way that Beru found a way to calm Luke, without giving in to his wishes.

I hope that Padmé can see us.

I hope she would approve.

I think she would. =D= =D=

12. PadawanMom5610

PadawanMom5610 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2007
    What a lovely little update. Short but sweet. And a good reminder to me now that we'll be having another little one here soon. Beru is doing an excellent job. I'm sure Padme is smiling down on both of them.

One other thought: Well, Yoda's comment about Luke's anger had to come from somewhere. Maybe he was thinking back to this tantrum. [face_laugh]

13. callista_gseran

callista_gseran Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2006
    Vadey,

Even though the PM was sent in error, I LOOOVE this! Please add me to the PM list! [face_praying]

14. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    KELIA I think she would! :p

Alexis_Wingstar With four kids, I've weathered my share of tantrums! [face_laugh]

Gina Beru thanks you.

celine [:D]

PetraKenobi He's a Skywalker. Of course he has a temper. ;)

earlybird-obi-wan Thank you! :D

ratna I'd be happy to add you to the PM list. And yes, grandbabies are a delight! And congrats on the position in the Archives! You'll do splendidly!

ginchy Thank goodness!

dancing_star Yes, I think she did rather well.

Jade_eyes Thank you.

LilyHobbitJedi She would know her son is in very good and loving hands.

PadawanMom5610 Congratulations! :D

callista_gseran Sorry about that! [face_blush] My lists were too close together! :p

[b]Entry #19 [/b]

Having endured a tantrum from Luke, I?ve been waiting uneasily for another show of temper. Luke, however, seems to have decided that it was a failed experiment and has returned to being the generally happy little boy I?ve come to expect.

I was so worried that Luke?s more unique gifts were the cause of the outburst, but a quick talk with my mother and sister quickly dispelled [i]that[/i] notion. It seems all children of his age want to test the boundaries. According to them, I reacted appropriately, though they both warned that I shouldn?t think the testing is over.

For now, however, we seem to be enjoying the quiet before the storm. I?ll take any quiet I can get.

Luke celebrates his first Naming Day tomorrow.

~~~~~~

Well the day is over, and Luke is officially one year old. The poor thing is completely worn out and snoring softly in his bed. The excitement of the day proved exhausting ? for all of us. Even Owen is sitting in his chair, his head flung back and far mightier snores erupting. Oddly, I find them both adorable in this state.

I must be more tired than I thought.

So Luke is a year old and we?ve had him with us almost as long. I look back and realize that a year and a day ago, I had no idea he was going to exist, or that I would be his mother. How much my life has changed in a year!

Not only my life, of course, but the galaxy itself. Even here in the Rim we hear about the changes the new Empire is bringing. I have avoided the news holos out of superstition. It?s silly I know. But I almost feel as if I can see Vader, he can see [i]us[/i]. My imagination is too vivid at times, but I still refuse to watch the news holocasts. Owen seems to agree with me about the issue, though we?ve never actually discussed it.

And today, on Luke?s special day, most of the galaxy is celebrating what has become known as Empire Day. It sounds so grand, doesn?t it?

As I watch Luke sleep, I wonder if he?ll ever know the truth. And what he?ll think of the Empire that killed his mother and destroyed his father. What will he think of us? Of Ben?

Ben.

The solitary figure standing on the dunes was there again today. I wonder what he thought as he watched our families arrive to celebrate with Luke? How I wish he could have been here with us, an honored part of the celebrations. Instead, he stood alone and in the distance ? ever watchful and yet apart.

I understand why this must be the way things are, but my heart aches for him.

He brought to me my greatest joy, and it seems to me that we?ve given him his greatest sorrow. Then I remember Anakin and I realize that perhaps nothing will ever cause him more pain than that.

15. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    Aww, beautiful update!! @};- [face_love] And so appropriate to have Luke's lifeday on Mark Hamill's birthday! [face_dancing] I can always remember his because mine's two days before. ;) Sounds like they all had quite a fun, exciting day, but it's sad that Ben couldn't be included. :(
    Lovely job!! [:D]
    =D= =D==D==D=

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Superb as always. :D Beru's warmth and joy shine very well in this entry. :)

[:D]

17. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Well the day is over, and Luke is officially one year old. The poor thing is completely worn out and snoring softly in his bed. The excitement of the day proved exhausting ? for all of us. Even Owen is sitting in his chair, his head flung back and far mightier snores erupting. Oddly, I find them both adorable in this state.

I must be more tired than I thought.

[face_laugh]

Ben.

The solitary figure standing on the dunes was there again today. I wonder what he thought as he watched our families arrive to celebrate with Luke? How I wish he could have been here with us, an honored part of the celebrations. Instead, he stood alone and in the distance ? ever watchful and yet apart.

He brought to me my greatest joy, and it seems to me that we?ve given him his greatest sorrow. Then I remember Anakin and I realize that perhaps nothing will ever cause him more pain than that.

:_|

Very well done. =D=

18. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Superb update=D==D= Ben having that much pain from Anakin

She is so right about that.:_|

19. PadawanMom5610

PadawanMom5610 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2007
    Another beautiful update, and perfect timing for me, since we had our own little boy last week.

The poor thing is completely worn out and snoring softly in his bed. The excitement of the day proved exhausting ? for all of us. Even Owen is sitting in his chair, his head flung back and far mightier snores erupting. Oddly, I find them both adorable in this state

Isn't that the truth! [face_laugh]

Your description of Obi-Wan's sorrow is heart-rending.

20. JediKaren

JediKaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2007
  21. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    I'm feeling a vibe with your story here this week. I loved reading about the aftermath of Luke's first lifeday. And poor Ben. :(

22. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005

Aww...poor Ben. :_|

Another gorgeous update! =D==D=

23. celine

celine Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2007
    It's so funny, I STILL can't get used to Obi-Wan being called "Ben."8-}

Loved to hear about the boys sleeping. I always find them adorable in that state too.

24. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I remember Anakin and I realize that perhaps nothing will ever cause him more pain than that.

I agree

:_| :_| :_|

I can understand Beru and Owen wanting to keep the Empire out of their lives anyway they can.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

25. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    As I watch Luke sleep, I wonder if he?ll ever know the truth. And what he?ll think of the Empire that killed his mother and destroyed his father. What will he think of us? Of Ben?

Ben.

I like your Beru a big deal. She is very emphatic and very thoughtful. A fine woman and the best foster mother ever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.