main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends A Child's Savior: Epilogue FINALLY FINISHED 07/23/2005 !

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by masterobiwankenobi, Dec 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masterobiwankenobi

masterobiwankenobi Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2003
    Kynstar and Opal: Thanks, I'm glad that you liked the
    part with Dex. I was worried about that scene. I'm
    glad that you're enjoying the story. :) I'll try to
    have the next chapter up sooner.

Peggy

2. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    No it can't be Obi-Wan! Please no [face_praying] !!!
    I am glad Obi-Wan found Dex, such a nice and caring person, an a friend of the Jedi. Liked how he handled Obi-Wan. [face_love]
    Obi is all right, is he? Oh, can't wait for more. :)

3. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Ahhhh

Attack of the evil cliffie

4. jedimommie2

jedimommie2 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2004
    People think my cliffhangers are cruel! Wow! What a great job. I'm really looking forward to more. Sorry I've missed posting, but I have been reading--I'll try and do better. Once again--great job!

5. anekasolo

anekasolo Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2001
    the morgue, THE MORGUE!
    how can you leave us like this with an unknown boy (who's most likly Obi-Wan) in the MORGUE! (I enjoyed your posts thoughraly, can't you tell).
    poor obi-wan, he's 'died' twice now. How many lives does this boy have?

6. masterobiwankenobi

Mar 1, 2003
    jeday, PadawanKitara, jedimommie2, anekasolo Hey i'm sorry about the delay. i have the next chapter finished and edited. I had a computer virus and just got the computer fixed, or the next chapter would be up by now. I still have to add all my documents and other files to the computer yet. then i will send the next part to my beta reader and get it posted here as soon as i can. i'm glad that you are all enjoying this.

Peggy

7. foxy_kenobi

foxy_kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2000
    Ah cool story! I do so love reading about Obi-wan. It's nice to read one involving Qui-Gon wanting him as an apprentice too! ^.~

8. masterobiwankenobi

Mar 1, 2003
    Chapter Eight

Qui-Gon glanced back at Mace and Adi. The boy lying on the table shared Obi-Wan?s hair color and size but the battered lifeless body had fuller lips and a chubbier face than his Padawan. Qui-Gon released the breath that he realized he was holding. ?It?s not Obi-Wan.? Relief flooded through him. However, he was saddened that the family and friends of the boy would feel the same anxiety and loss that he had.

?We?ll find him Qui-Gon.? The warmth of Mace?s hand on his shoulder assured him that he would not give up on the lad. The longhaired Jedi turned around to stare at Mace briefly and nodded before he walked away.

The air in the morgue suddenly seemed very thin. He needed fresh air. Outside the large medical facilities, Qui-Gon took a deep breath. Coruscant?s air was not much better than that of the morgue because of smog and pollutants from the factories. But it was what Qui-Gon needed now. He relied on Mace and Adi to inform the clerk in the Morgue that the boy was not Obi-Wan.

A medical transport stopped suddenly out side the medical facility doors. Qui-Gon could not help but take a good look at the patient to make certain it was not his Padawan. An unconscious woman was taken into the medical center on a hover bed. He knew Obi-Wan was not lying in the morgue and his hopes rose again that he would get an opportunity to find him. A determination to make up for all that had gone wrong in the boy?s life filled his body with urgency.

With the back of his hand, he wiped the sweat off his forehead. The kitchen of Dex?s Diner was very warm. Obi-Wan washed the dishes in a large sink using only soap, water, and a rag. He knew now why the cleaning droids were so important. The kitchen was, he guessed, warmer than the desert planet that some pilots in the Luzick hangar had discussed.

?Ben,? Dex said. He untied the straps of his apron and tossed it into the laundry chute. ?Flo and the other droids will clean the rest of the dishes. You can go home now.?

?Home,? Obi-Wan thought and nodded his head as he turned off the water. He had not given any thought to where he would sleep. The only gardens that he had seen since Qui-Gon had brought him to Coruscant were at the Jedi Temple. He would not go there.

?Do you have a place to stay Ben?? Dex switched off the cooking elements and looked over his shoulder at the youngster.

Obi-Wan didn?t know what to say. He didn?t have any place to stay, but he also didn?t know what Dex would do about it. Could he try to contact the orphanage that Qui-Gon had told him about? After careful consideration he lied, ?Yes sir.?

Dex studied his face and Obi-Wan felt as if the man could see right through him. ?Where??

?Where what?? Obi-Wan asked.

?Where are you staying? I?ll give you a ride in my speeder.?

?It?s not far from here,? he replied, ?I can walk.?

?Ben, if you want to continue to work here don?t lie to me. This is Coco town. The residential area is a far walk from here. If you need a place to stay for a while I can help you, but you must tell me the truth.?

?I don?t have anywhere to stay sir, I?m sorry,? Obi-Wan answered, looking down at his feet, hoping Dex would not be angry with him.

?Where were you planning on going,? Dex questioned.

?I don?t? know. I was hoping that while walking, I would find a bench to sleep on. On the planet Luzick, I used to sleep in the gardens. I haven?t seen any gardens here though,? he said.

Dex laughed, ?There are no gardens on Coruscant. Not unless you go to the Jedi. Perhaps there are other buildings with gardens, but I don?t know where. And as for sleeping on a bench, you?re not on Luzick. The streets of Coruscant are not a good place for naps especially during nightfall.?

Obi-Wan looked at Dex as the Besalisk washed the grease off all four of his large hands. The man would most likely contact the security forces or the Jedi Temple. It was a mistake to tell him.

?Ben,? Dexter sighed, ?I have an extra room in my apartment if you want to stay with me. It?s not ver

9. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Poor Obi... torn at his decision. :( Well Dex will help him out! Good ole Dex :D

Glad to know Qui now knows that it wasn't Obi that was dead. What a relief for him!

And Obi's friends... poor kids.

Can't wait to find out what that person knows about Obi!

Great work! :D :D

10. Jedi_Borme

Jedi_Borme Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2000
    :_| Poor Obi he is have it so hard. This is a great story just found it and now can't wait to read the next chapter.

11. jeday

Jan 4, 2004
    :D Obi is well. Thank you for this great post! [face_love] Dex!
    Can't wait for more...

12. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    Going up!

Could we have a new post soon? Please!!

13. anekasolo

Feb 16, 2001
  14. masterobiwankenobi

Mar 1, 2003
    I promise i am working on the
    next chapter. It should be ready
    to be sent to my beta reader
    soon. ;)

15. jeday

Jan 4, 2004
    Yeahh! Jumps up and down. :D

16. anekasolo

Feb 16, 2001
    oh goody goody gum drops!

17. KSkywalker

Aug 7, 1998
    Hi! How is that next chapter coming along? We are all eagerly awaiting the next part!

18. anekasolo

Feb 16, 2001
  19. masterobiwankenobi

Mar 1, 2003
    I just have to edit chapter nine which should be done tonight or tomorrow. and then i will send it to my beta reader. i would have had it done sooner but real life got in the way and over the weekend we were camping without any computers around :eek: I promise it should be ready soon. I already started to write chapter ten in my notebook, so hopefully it won't take as long to write. Thanks for being patient, and for the reviews.

Peggy

20. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    Hi!
    Just found this story and I am loving it, especially how you were able to work Dex in!

Can't wait for more soon!

-snowbee-wan kenobi

21. KSkywalker

Aug 7, 1998
    :_| :_| It's been so long! :_| :_|

I guess I can wait a little bit longer. Thanks for the update!

22. jeday

Jan 4, 2004
    Come on! It's time for an up! :) Please?

23. masterobiwankenobi

Mar 1, 2003
    AN: Thank you for being patient. I got this chapter back from my beta reader a couple of days ago. I started college on Monday and my kids started school on tuesday. Between getting the kids ready for school, taking my daughter to girlscouts, filling out paper work for school, and doing my homework today was the first time that i got online for more than a few minutes.

I've already started the next chapter so I plan to work on it over the weekend. I can't promise that I will have it finished soon, but I will try.

Here is Chapter Nine it could be better but...

Chapter Nine

Qui-Gon sat in a meditative position in his living area for most of the night. Finally giving up on finding his calm center, he slowly stretched his stiff limbs and stood up. He decided to make some tea before he resumed searching for Obi-Wan again. The chances that he would ever find his Padawan again were not good, but he just couldn?t give up on the lad. He knew he would spend the rest of his life searching for him if he had to.

The sound of his door chime interrupted his thoughts. With a sigh, Qui-Gon abandoned his half prepared tea and tapped a button on the door control panel. The doors slid open with a hiss.

Master Mace Windu stood on the other side of the entrance with a warm smile, ?Good morning,? the dark skinned Master said, opening the conversation. Qui-Gon could only wonder if the other man was in a good mood or just trying to cheer him up. Either way it disgusted the Jedi Master

?That is a matter of opinion,? Qui-Gon grumbled and stepped aside to allow the Council Member enter his apartment.

?Qui-Gon, I?m glad you?re dressed because we must leave now,? Mace told him, the smile he seemed unable to hide still covering his face.

?Mace,? Qui-Gon groused, ?I?m going to look for my Padawan as soon as I finish my tea.? He did not want to participate in whatever scheme his friend had devised to cheer him up. Obi-Wan was out there somewhere possibly in trouble. He needed to find the boy

?Really! I?m going to bring him back. I thought you might want to join me,? Mace replied, his brown eyes locked on Qui-Gon?s sapphire eyes.

?Do you know where he is??

?Knight Monoly?s friend Dexter Jettster, who owns a small diner in CoCo Town, contacted him last night. He said that a boy came into his restaurant looking for work. He used the name Ben Kenobi and Dexter said that he wore Jedi clothes. He also has a Padawan style braid behind his right ear.?

Qui-Gon?s heart began to race. Could they have really found him? Who else would use the name Ben Kenobi? ?Where is he now??

?He?s still there. Dexter apparently decided to help the boy by hiring him. He let Obi-Wan stay with him to keep him off the Coruscant streets. He told Monoly to have someone meet him at the diner at the ninth hour. Dexter said that Obi-Wan would be there cleaning dishes. He?ll send the boy to the dining area for a break when we get there.?

?What are we waiting for? Let?s go,? Qui-Gon replied as he started for the door.

Obi-Wan watched Dex as he prepared some strange looking food that he had never seen before for first meal. The diner had only a few customers in the morning. The second and last meals were normally the busiest. The regular patrons seemed to enjoy Dex?s cooking.

Obi-Wan put the last plate in the drying unit and looked up at his boss. Before he could say anything Dex spoke.

?Ben, why don?t you take a break? Hil will bring you a glass of Jawa juice,? Dex told him continuing to stir the food that was beginning to sizzle on the grill.

Obi-Wan nodded, switched off the water, and put his hands underneath the drying unit. He thought that a break would be good. Hillish had told him that he would need to rest whenever he could because once the diner got busy it might be awhile before he got a chance to take another break.

After drying his hands, Obi-Wan walked into the dining area. The lad sat down at a booth at the far side of the diner. He began to look around the dining area as Hillish walked tow

24. KSkywalker

Aug 7, 1998
    A New Post! Thank You!

Obi-Wan, Don't go to the Agri-Corps! Stay with Qui-Gon!

25. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Ahhh great! Dex got him to actually talk with them! Poor Obi... he doesn't think he belongs! Poor kid... hopefully things will work out... ack... Agricorps... Well if that's what he wants. Poor Qui... he's gonna feel so alone if Obi goes!

Great chappie! :D Glad ya back in action! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.