main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Choice Made, A Life Lost(viggie, J/TK, CRPA challenge response for August)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by magehound, Aug 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. magehound

magehound Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2006
    Title: A Choice Made, A Life Lost
    Disclaimer: I only wish I owned Star Wars
    Summary: Jacen chooses and then acts to protect his family. CRPA August challenge response. Included words are in Bold.
    Genre: vignette, angst, loss
    Timeframe: 3 years post-DN
    Characters: Allana, Tenel Ka, Jacen

The assasins appeared suddenly, unexpectedly. There may have been only one Secret Way to enter the Queen Mother's private garden, but that also meant that there was only one way out.

Ambush! Jacen thought, as he began deflecting blaster bolts with his lightsaber. Inwardly, he cursed himself for not having sensed them with the Force. This was Hapes, every second person was an assasin. He made out their enemies to number around five. Letting the Force guide his actions, he looked out of the corner of his eye to see where Tenel Ka and Allana were.

Somehow, Tenel Ka had pulled Allana behind her on the same Queen's Step, and was now deflecting stray blasts with her own blade. Their daughter clung to her mother for all she was worth, scared, and crying her three-year old eyes out.

Jacen had managed to reflect two of the blasts back to their source, and those would-be killers were now dead themselves. He lifted a third one with the Force, and brought him crashing face-down just a little ways away from himself. Landing on an unsafe spot, the automatic defenses kicked in, and a laser grid cleanly severed the man's head from his shoulders, before retracting back down into the shallow water.

The last two attackers stopped firing briefly, and Jacen was about to direct Tenel Ka to charge them with him, when he saw one of them reach into his belt, and pulled out a cylindrical object. Instantly, Jacen realised their plan. They weren't going to throw it at them, but past them, into the garden itself. They were either hoping to kill them in the blast, or make them all rush forward in a panic to get away from it, either making a mistake along the Way, or rushing right into a waiting blaster bolt.

Jacen knew what had to be done. Quickly turning to his beloved, and his daughter, he shouted, "Stay here! Take care of Allana!" Then he quickly Force-jumped over and tackled the man holding the detonator, enshrouding both of them in the strongest force-shield he could throw up, and hoped it would be enough to absorb most of the blast.

Tenel Ka caught a glimpse of his plan through their force-bond, and had just enough time to scream out, "NOOOOOOOOO!!" before everything else was lost in the birth of a miniature sun.

Searing heat touched Tenel Ka's flesh, and booming thunder assualted her ears. When the flash and rumble had quieted down, Tenel Ka quickly gathered her daughter up into her arm, and made her way over to the other side, where Jacen was.
    Calmly, her mind quickly assesed everything she saw in a detached fashion. Everything over on this side was charred black. The plants had all been set ablaze and died. The masonry now looked as though a huge glob on the blackest ink had been dropped on it. The windows to her quarters had all been shattered, glass everywhere. The two would be assasins, she saw, would not be bothering anyone every again. The sight and smell of roasted flesh gauranteed that.
    Jacen...

Striding through the broken glass of her chamber doors, the Captian of the Royal Gaurd came briskly over, only to stop, aghast, at the scene before him. "Oh my.."
    Tenel Ka abruptly shoved her daughter into the man's arms, "Take the Princess inside!"
    "But, your Majesty.."
    "Just do I say!"
    "Y-Yes, your majesty! Come along, Princess!" He turned right back around and went into the Palace, little Allana screaming for her daddy all the while. Tenel Ka hated to be harsh to her, but she did not want her daughter's final memories of her father to be of..this that was in front of her.

Jacen had indeed contained most of the blast, inside his Force-shield. But he had been at the epicenter of it, and took the brunt of what was left. Jacen'

2. mastermeg_0228

mastermeg_0228 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2006
    :_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

i just tortured myself by reading it again!

the writing is amazing but this is so sad...

:_| :( :_|

wonderful job!

Sparky

3. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    Wow ... this is amazing, Mage. A touching entry. Jacen's last words were touching, making his sacrifice even more powerful.

4. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    :_| That was so touching! Write more! I want to see TK introduce Allana to the rest of the family!

5. Darkwriter

Darkwriter Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2006
    Oh, my gosh. I'm crying . . .

AARRGGHH!! I hate you . . . and I love you. I'll come back later, when I can tell you my favorite parts without getting too emotional.

I know, I'm very sappy.

Great post!

Janet

6. magehound

Jun 4, 2006

7. TnTornado

TnTornado Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2006
    ohh Mage this was soooo sad :_|:_| :_| HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO J/TK?????????? HOW DARE YOU!!!

Argg, now I gotta go find something happy - cause now I'm feeling down.

Besides that, great writing, and very well done.

TnTornado

8. magehound

Jun 4, 2006
    It's not my fault! *points to ZebulaNebula. :p

Anyway, thanks for reading, and glad you liked it. :D

9. Arwen_Djo

Arwen_Djo Jedi Master star 3

Jul 3, 2006
    Awww!! I can't believe you killed him!

I second the motion to write more and have Allana meet her family!

10. magehound

Jun 4, 2006
    I had to kill somebody! It was part of the challenge! It's not my fault! O:)

11. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    Me back! For now.

You wouldn't believe how many Jacella fics I saw before I got here. Very disturbing.

Now,I don't have much to say and Jacen's pre-death, other than he seemed really selfless and I was glad to see him caring about his family instead of the galaxy.

The funeral was touching. Just imagine how Han and Leia must feel . . . after losing Anakin. You described Jaina efficiently. I do hope they made up. I doubt even Tenel Ka could imagine what she's feeling.

I'm so glad Tenel Ka will be sharing Allana with the family. Hopefully this willlead to happy moments!

Great job! And I forgive you for making me cry, not that you really need to apologize. You're a really great writer, and I knew I would need a box of tissue when I read the challenge. We can blame that.

Janet

12. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    YOu think Jacella's disturbing? You've not seen teh Janen onslaught! It's especially bad for me since I love Yuuzhan Vong as well as J/TK but cannot stand Janen. I hate Jacella, too, though. I think I might have to unleash Danni into the chaos and have TK steal away Jacen while all of the rest of the girls are fighting.

It's interesting and nice to see TK crying after Jacen's death instead of taking it out on pirates. Poor Han, he had to lose both sons. I guess Jaina's the only one left, now. Poor poor Solos, TK, and Allana.

13. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    ^LOL! You go, Sil! I haven't actually read the Jacella fics, only the beginning of some, but there are two pages with mostly Jacella fics until the third page. We'll have to see about unleashing Danni. Very funny possibility. We haven't seen her around here for a long time.

So horrible! No one to carry the Solo name!!!!!!!

Janet

14. magehound

Jun 4, 2006

15. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    I view Janen as a couple that would be sacrificed in the Yuuzhie society and Jacella the same way I do Kyp/Jaina (no offense to anyone who 'ships any of the couples that I just named). Yeah, Jacen's way too old for Jysella, whom I'd like to see with OCs.

16. Darkwriter

Jan 28, 2006
    According to my calulations, Jysella is just a year older than Ben. Those of you who have actually checked it out are way better than me, as I like them without reading them.

Janet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.