main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions a Chosen One question...

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Ananta Chetan, Nov 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    Did Padme' or anyone outside of the Jedi Order know that Anakin was the Chosen One?

2. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    I highly doubt it. It wouldn't have seemed important to anyone else from my perspective. Those who aren't interested in 'hokey religions' as Han Solo put it couldn't care less about such things. Although I'm not sure about Padme.

3. General Valerian

General Valerian Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 6, 2013
    I think Anakin told Padme everything about it. Not sure how much of it did she actually believe, though.

4. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I think Obi-Wan told her about it in The Clone Wars: Wild Space - stressing that he can't fulfil his destiny if he leaves the Jedi Order in order to get married to her.

5. General Valerian

Mar 6, 2013
    Only that Padme plays a pivotal role in ultimately fulfilling Anakin's destiny.

6. BedlamSpirit

BedlamSpirit Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 14, 2011
    Quite the contrary, I remember (Though I don't know if it was a confirmed sourve) that it was posted that GL stated that Anakin could have fulfilled his destiny in the Showdown on Corcuscant. Padme only made it possible that he as Darth Vader through Luke would fulfill it 20 years latter in the Death Star, after all the **** had been done and the Empire never disappeared for good, I think even in Legacy the Empire still exists in some shape or form, though I am not sure, but my point is clear.

Without Padme on the other hand, Anakin would have killed Sidious and the Empire would have never risen in the first place, and the Sith would most likely be gone for good. (The One Sith and all subsequent ones were in some shape or form tied to Palpatine and his Empire, not to mention that it is harder to topple the Sith for good when there is recent evidence, that the Dark Side can lead you to conquer an entire galaxy)

7. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    Obi-Wan and Padme talk about it in ROTS so she knew. Anyone else outside the Order I highly doubt, as most don't even believe in the Force and the Jedi aren't going to go around proclaiming Anakin as the Chosen One to every passerby on the street.

8. General Valerian

Mar 6, 2013
    True enough.

Btw, it really surprises me how people don't believe in the Force in SW. It's not like the Force is like Santa Claus or something you can't see being done. I mean, Jedi use TK, dominate minds, have super reflexes... Sith use the Force to send lightning gout of their finger tips, choke, etc. It's ridiculous that people don't believe in the Force. It's like not believing you're in Rome with the Colisseum right in front of you.

9. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    I don't feel that your perspectives necessarily nullify each other. While maybe they both can't coexist simultaneously, each interpretation seems valid. To add to General Valerian's comment, if I may, I would imagine that he is also implying that Padme's presence played a pivotal role in shaping young Anakin's character from the day they met after he left his mother on Tatooine.

But to get a bit more back on topic...at least from the movies I don't recall Padme being present during any of the discussions concerning Anakin's destiny, though I am not 100% sure about TPM. It was my impression that only the members of the Jedi Council and Qui-Gon knew. In TCW TV series I don't recall Ahsoka ever mentioning it either. Iron_lord posted above that it was mentioned in one EU book. I guess we can assume that Palpatine was well aware of it from the moment he met young Anakin at the final celebration on Naboo in TPM.

10. VanishingReality

VanishingReality Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2013
    -eye twitches at wild space reference- ugh that scene

In canon, not even Anakin cared about the Chosen One prophecy - proof TCW - so why should Padme? Either way, it's Jedi business only so of course Obi-wan wouldn't involve Padme.

11. General Valerian

Mar 6, 2013
    Pretty much. I mean, if he didn't meet Padme he probably wouldn't have fallen to the dark side and Sidious would've been defeated. However, the prophecy of the Chosen One was destined to be as it was. Becoming a Jedi, a hero, then falling to the dark side, committing atrocities and finally finding redemption within the love for his son and killing the Emperor, saving the galaxy. There was no other way for the prophecy to be fulfilled. Anakin was meant to meet Padme.

Ananta Chetan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.