main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Christmas Carol ? Star Wars Style (K/J post NJO - completed)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Maggy, Dec 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Title: A Christmas Carol ? Star Wars Style
    Author(s): Maggy
    Timeframe: AU
    Characters: Jaina, Kyp,
    Genre:
    Keywords:
    Summary: see the title
    Notes: after Dickens `A Christmas Carol´

Disclaimer:
    This is my first K/J - fic.
    English is my second language so please be nice. :D
    I own nothing. SW belongs to George Lucas.
    The story is inspired by Charles Dickens `A Christmas Carol´.

Want to thanks my wonderful beta, Anastasia_Fel.
    Honey, you have helped me so much with that story. *hugs*

oOoOoOo

A Christmas Carol ? Star Wars Style

A Warning In The Night

It was a cold day at the Jedi praxeum. The clouds were dark grey and thick, allowing not a ray of sunshine through. The aging Jedi Master was leaning against a wall watching the apprentices training. Soon it will be Christmas. He loathed the very thought of of the holiday. It was all such nonsense. All that false peace, love and goodwill. Absolute folly if he ever did hear it. For him, Christmas was only the end of another year, a year which was cold and lonely in the many aspects of his life.

Why couldn't they just leave him in peace to enjoy himself? But no, that wasn't possible. He was forced to teach the children, snivelling little brats they were all happy and joyful, repulsive. He could think of many masters better suited for the job than him.

Standing there listening to the songs and cheers, the Jedi master found renewed loathing for the jingles and rhymes of Christmas.

The ancient halls of the Massassi temple bore no adornments acknowledging the coming holiday. Only few of the corridors were decorated, and thankfully they were located far away from him.

For the Jedi Master, December the twenty- fifth was just another day to live his dull life.

As he entered the great chamber for dinner, there was a choir of apprentices' singing Christmas carols. There was a great variety of different species within the choir and all of them were singing (or trying to) in basic. It was quite a sound to be heard.

?Spare me my ears for they will surely fall off with that noise,? the dark haired Jedi Master sneered at them, and they stopped, grabbed for their music sheets and fled the chamber as fast as their little legs would carry them, knocking Jedi over in the process without an apology.

The man watched them before sitting down for dinner, thankfully with peace and quiet.

He served himself, sat alone on a table and everyone around tried to avoid him and his bad tempered mood. The Jedi Master didn't find his appetite and only played with his food until it was a mashed up lump.

Much sooner than he had expected, he found himself on his way back to his rooms. He was lost in thought and didn't pay attention to his surroundings. Suddenly he pumped into someone, a small petit form.

?Ouch!? the object said, startled, ?Watch where you are going you ... Kyp!? a surprised female voice said.

He glared at her. ?And why don?t you watch yourself, Solo?? he snapped back, not missing a beat. He looked at her. She wore her orange flight suit, her hair bound back in a hair tie and a flight helmet under her left arm.

?Oh we are back to Solo, Durron. I thought that it was goodness or your highness, just like the good old days,? she bit back with the same vexed tone in her voice as he had.

?You can bet on that, SOLO,? Kyp said, using her last name again just so he could annoy her. It was fun, he decided.

?You are pathetic, Durron, you know that? What happened to you??

`You´, he thought angrily, but didn't say anything. Jaina just stared at him venomously and pushed him aside, storming down the corridor.

`Stupid nerf-herder´, she thought, concealing the thought with the force.

Kyp saw her leave and turn around a corner. He hurried toward his room and reached them without meeting anyone, thankfully. The green eyed man entered them and sealed the door shut behind him.

His room suited the Jedi?s current mood seeing as it was dimly l

2. Anastasia_Fel

Anastasia_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    *bows*

Thankyou, thankyou sweetie, the story is wonderful!!

Please people, review, or the beta is going to come and make you!! MWAHAHAHA *cough*

Any lurkers please just say hi or something, this is a great story and well worth the read.

3. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    :eek: Mag! Heehee.

4. Jesina_Dreis

Jesina_Dreis Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    ?Spare me my ears for they will surely fall off with that noise,? the dark haired Jedi Master sneered at them, and they stopped, grabbed for their music sheets and fled the chamber as fast as their little legs would carry them, knocking Jedi over in the process without an apology.
    Mean, Mean, Mean!

`You´, he thought angrily, but didn't say anything. Jaina just stared at him venomously and pushed him aside, storming down the corridor.
    Watch what you think, Kyp. She can read your mind...

?Kyp you are a bitter old man. You loath the people around you, have no friends. You nerf-herder, you even let the woman who loved you walk away,? Zeth touched Kyp?s shoulder who shivered at the not really touch.
    Smart man, Kyp's brother.

This was cute, Mag. I like!

Jes

5. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Kyp = Scrooge.....hhhhmmmm....I like.

I can't wait to see the past, present, and future.

Oh this is gonna be good!

6. Jaina_Solo_59

Jaina_Solo_59 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2004
    Everyone's turning.
    I love a X-mas carol. I'm gonna go see it on the stage next week.
    Awesome start Mag!!!!!!!!

7. LadyAngelic

LadyAngelic Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2004
    Oh I KNOW this will be good. :D

8. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    My favorite Christmas story and my favorite SW pairing. I can't wait to see what else you do with this Maggy. :)

~~Jilly

9. Barefoot_XO

Barefoot_XO Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2004
    Well... A Christmas Carol

Kyp is obviously Scrooge
    Zeth is The Ghost of Scrooge's old employer
    Jaina seems to represent that girl that Scrooge was in love with, except that she's alive in this fic.

Well, as an major fan of this particular Dickens Classic (as far as I'm concerned the rest should burn in the Corellian hells, especially Great Expectations) I feel it is my duty to try and guess who the three spirits would be.

I'd almost be willing to lay money on Anakin Solo being one. As for the others... Maybe Dorsk 81... and Miko Reglia?

Yeah! I like those ideas.

Anyway, I'm sure the spirits will be great no matter whom you pick. I love the idea of this story. Good luck. I'll be watching with interest.

Oh! I almost forgot. If you have a chance, check out my new story. It's a one-poster called Daddy Don't Cry. I, for one, loved writing it, but no one seems interested in reading it. Anyway, I'll leave that up to you.

Thanks for starting such a fascinating fic...

Barefoot

10. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    So many readers! Wow!

Sam
    Honey you are the best!
    the story is wonderful
    *bows* and that from a J/J shipper *lol*

Sam be nicely to the readers *lol* We can play with Sarahs! *giggle* ;) :p

Sarah
    :eek: Mag! Heehee.
    You shocked! [face_devil]
    Shocked and scared on one evening? What have I done? *lol*

Jes
    Mean, Mean, Mean!
    He is mean! (for now) *lol*

Watch what you think, Kyp. She can read your mind...
    Yes, she could do that :D but she didn?t!

This was cute, Mag. I like!
    Thank you, Rogue Mistress! *lol*
    You brought Kyp in your story! I still can?t believe it *lol* Kyp! :D :D :D

RedGold
    Glad you like it.
    I hope it will be good, Sam thinks it is ;)

Kat
    Everyone's turning.
    *lol* I couldn?t think of a way to write this as J/J ;) but I am glad you are reading it!
    And I am not really turning; only the plot bunny bit me the last weeks to often.
    I often explained it to Sam when she started to beta it. And now she likes the story even she is a J/J shipper like you. :D

I love a X-mas carol. I'm gonna go see it on the stage next week.
    see you then :D Have fun!

Awesome start Mag!!!!!!!!
    Thank you!

LadyAngelic
    I hope it will :D
    Glad you like it so far.

Jilly
    My favorite Christmas story and my favorite SW pairing. I can't wait to see what else you do with this Maggy :)
    mhh what do I do with this? There will be ... and then there will be that and ... *lol*
    You will see :D ;)
    Glad you like it :D

Barefoot_XO
    Kyp is obviously Scrooge
    He is :D

Zeth is The Ghost of Scrooge's old employer
    Yub, yub ;) only that he is his brother *lol*

Jaina seems to represent that girl that Scrooge was in love with, except that she's alive in this fic.
    Nope, not quite right! :D

... guess who the three spirits would be.
    *lol* Try!

I'd almost be willing to lay money on Anakin Solo being one.
    How much you bet and what is he representing? *lol* I love bets!

As for the others... Maybe Dorsk 81... and Miko Reglia?
    Interesting ;)
    So what are you betting? I lay my money to ... *lol* No, I will not give it away!

Anyway, I'm sure the spirits will be great no matter whom you pick.
    You may be surprised! *lol*

I love the idea of this story. Good luck. I'll be watching with interest.
    *lol* Thank you! Hope you like what I will do with it.

I will read it as soon as I have time. The last days were a bit stressed because I wanted this finished before I post the first part.

For the lack of readers: they will come, it always takes time.

So anyone else who wants to guess who the three ghosts will be?
    Sam, please don?t give them ideas! ;)

So far there are:

Anakin Skywalker
    Miko Reglia
    Dorsk 81

In the next post will be the ghost who represented the past! So be quick with your guess ;)

Mag

11. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    You brought Kyp in your story! I still can?t believe it *lol* Kyp!
    Yes, and it's all because of you. And he's not mean like this either. It's actually nice Kyp.

Jes

12. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    Always blaming me! *giggle*

13. Smuggler_Shidakis

Smuggler_Shidakis Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    Hee hee! Bitter Kyp!

Very cool.

Bitter!

14. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    Of course I blame you, Mag. But like I said, my Kyp is nice. It's...someone else...who's not.

Jes

15. Jaina_Solo_59

Jaina_Solo_59 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2004
    How'd I know Gina wouyld read this?
    I finished My X-Mas shopping todya! Tommorow is my Grandpa's b-day party but I feel sick. It's at my house too! So basically I won't be able to skip ouit. Aww well if I did I'd miss decorating tjhe tree and seeing 3 of my cousins.

16. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    Smuggler_Shidakis
    Hee hee! Bitter Kyp! Very cool. Bitter!
    *lol*
    Glad you like it

Jes
    *lol* What ever you say ;)

Kat
    *lol*
    Have fun ;)

Mag

17. Anastasia_Fel

Sep 10, 2004
    So anyone else who wants to guess who the three ghosts will be?
    Sam, please don?t give them ideas!

Ohh but Maggy, I wouldn't give away too much :p

Your secret is safe with me.

18. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    I know honey!

Post should up in the next hours :D

19. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    Barefoot here you have your first ghost and he is...

*drum roll*

... read yourself *lol*

Visiting Christmases of the Past

First Part

At midnight Kyp found himself awakened by someone pulling on his robe. The Jedi Master opened the eyes to look for the offending object...
    ?Miko??

The younger man smiled at him. ?Hello Kyp.?

?Miko?? he asked again unbelievingly. Tiered, he rubbed his eyes. Two dead friends, family members visiting him in one night. He really needed to stop drinking so much before he went to sleep, he was having very disturbing dreams.
    ?What are you doing here??

His first apprentice took his hand and pulled him from the chair. ?Come Kyp. I?m here to show you some of your past Christmases. Don?t be afraid.?

?Past Christmases? What are you talking about?? Kyp questioned with a raised eyebrow.

?Don?t ask so much! Come my friend we don?t have much time and there is so much for you to see and remember.? The younger man pulled his old master through the door but instead of the corridor Kyp found himself standing in his old family living room.

Under a decorated tree sat two children. Kyp recognized them as himself at five years old and his older brother Zeth. Both were wide eyed and staring at the brightly decorated pine tree. Behind them sat their parents, and together the family was singing Christmas carols.

?That's Mum, Dad and Zeth. What are you doing to me Miko?? the aging Jedi Master asked toward his former apprentice.

?I have done nothing. That is all you. I take that this was the last Christmas you spent with your family??

?Yes it is,? he whispered and turned to watch the scene before him again.

When the song was finished, Mrs. Durron gathered Kyp into her arms and hugged him. Kyp slang his tiny hands around her neck and returned the hug.
    ?Merry Christmas, Kyp. Love you.?

?Merry Christmas to you too mummy and I love you too,? Kyp replied, reaching up to kiss his mothers cheek. He beamed at her and hugged her again. His mother let go of him and he run into his fathers arms.
    ?Marry Christmas daddy.?

?Marry Christmas, Kyppie,? his father hugged him too. Then the young boy looked at his older brother. He grinned mischievously.
    ?Marry Christmas bro.?

Zeth gazed at his `baby brother´. ?Wish you the same.? He stepped toward him and tussled his hair, getting a yell from the young boy.

Kyp had cherished this memory for the last 30 years. It was the last time his parents had told him that they love him. It was the only Christmas he could really remember with them. One month later his parents had been killed and he landed in the mines of Kessel.

?Kids blow the candles out than you can open your presents,? their father said. They nodded and did as ordered. When they had finished they sat again on the floor and searched for their presents.

They both unwrapped their gifts and grinned mischievously. They threw the torn wrapping paper at each other and shrieked when they themselves were hit.
    Sitting on the couch, the two parents watched with a smile as their two children played happily, fully into the Christmas spirit.

Kyp felt a cold touch on his arm. He looked down and saw Mikos arm resting on his arm.
    ?It is time to go. I have other things to show you.?

Before he could question his long gone apprentice about his meaning, Kyp found himself on the top of the old temple on Yavin. One the edge of the roof he spotted a light haired young girl. Besides her was a young dark haired man sitting.
    ?Deirdre...?

Miko looked at his bitter master with a slight bit of amusement in his eyes. ?Yes Kyp that is her, Deirdre Clya. And when I was told, if it was correct, the two of you are going to confess your love for one another. When was that??

?It was in my first year here. After Exar Kun's evil. After Carida's destruction, at Christmas,? Kyp answered sadly.

He walked closer toward the couple. Miko was right; a 16-year-old Kyp Durron was about to tell a good looking girl that he was in love with her. Tha

20. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    That was cool Maggy!

I feel sorry for Kyp in some ways. Poor guy gets his life turned upside down and all. No wonder he turns in a scrooge. You really picked the right character for this!

More. Now. I demand it. :D

21. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    Hello Red!
    Thank you! I couldn't think of someone better than Kyp *lol*
    Tomorrow will be the next part up
    promise

Mag

22. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Very cute. :) I love stories that show Kyp interacting with his family. :)

However, Kyp was eight when he and his parents went to Kessel, and his parents died when he was nine. :)

Dana

23. Smuggler_Shidakis

Smuggler_Shidakis Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    ^^ Dana beat me to pointing that out. :p

Scroogy Kyp... I'm having so much fun with him... Cute childhood memories!

24. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    I have to study, Mag, but I wanted to let you know I thought this was cute. Looking forward to more Kyp/Jaina.

Jes

25. Anastasia_Fel

Sep 10, 2004
    He walked closer toward the couple. Miko was right; a 16-year-old Kyp Durron was about to tell a good looking girl that he was in love with her. That particular Christmas was the best after his parents were killed. Deirdre had been helping him with his healing abilities and he helped her with levitation, they had become close friends over the months, and Kyp had just realized that he wanted more from their relationship than just normal friendship, he wanted love.

He He, Kyppie is finally waking up to himself, at 16 mind you :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.