main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Christmas Gift (vignette) - A/P AU EPIII timeframe Part II is up 12/15

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Arriss, Dec 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arriss

Arriss Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    I would like to acknowledge JDH3 for his inspiration to get this little viggy written. Thank you, my friend.

I haven?t posted a new story on the boards in a long time so?be gentle :)

The usual disclaimers apply. Just indulging in the GFFA?

A Christmas Gift - Part I

Padmé watched out the window, her long, dark hair curling around her face and shoulders protectively, as the pristine snowflakes gently fell upon the already snow capped ground. She softly sighed and pulled her blanket more closely to her, hoping to shield herself from the cold outside that was trying to gain entrance through the window. She had spent the entire evening with her family, enjoying their company and the antics of her nieces as they each begged to open another gift. Padmé chuckled at the thought of her sister?s face as she desperately tried to remain firm with her negative reply. Ryoo and Pooja weren?t to be fooled though, they knew their mother was always more tender-hearted during this festive season and they vainly tried to persuade Sola to rescind the one present rule.

?Pleaseeeee,? Ryoo had pleaded, feigning sad eyes.

?Oh, nice try, little one,? Sola had laughed at the failed attempt of bribery.

Padmé smiled at the memory as she continued to gaze outside. Her nieces had failed in their bid to open more gifts ? Sola had managed to win the battle and told them morning would be here soon enough. The look of defeat on the girl?s face was difficult for Padmé to bear and she resisted the urge to give in to their demands at the risk of her sister?s wrath. Sola would have been upset, but not terribly, she noted to herself. It was more of the idea of disrespecting her sister?s authority over her children ? a position Padmé did not want to intrude upon.

She glanced down at her protruding belly ? she was due to deliver the twins within the week and looking forward to becoming a mother in every sense of the word. Over the years she had watched Sola care for her daughters and Padmé naturally assumed that she would play the role of doting Aunt because her career didn?t encompass having children of her own. Her political aspirations were too weighty and the thought of finding someone to settle down with and raise a family she had felt was far out of reach. After all, most of the gentlemen callers she had received wanted nothing more than her additional influence on their positions. They never took into account that she wanted more ? much more.

And then she and Anakin Skywalker had been reunited. She smiled as she recalled their initial meeting ? and how he stumbled over himself as he tried to talk to her.

Ani? My goodness you?ve grown.

So have you, more beautiful I mean, for a Senator I mean.

She had looked into those eyes and saw something she wasn?t ready for ? something she was afraid to see ? love and admiration. Anakin wasn?t interested in gaining any political favors from her, he saw her for who she was ? a beautiful, intelligent woman who had strong convictions and wasn?t afraid to stand on her own to uphold those ideals. He simply loved her, unconditionally and deeply. An emotion she had never truly experienced outside of her family.

And now here she was waiting for Anakin, her husband, to arrive at her family home to celebrate the holidays and forget the war ? if only for a short while. She had barely seen him in months ? he was in the thick of the battles and she had done everything she could possibly have done to protect the many lives involved, with emphasis on one in particular. He knew she was with child ? or in this case, children ? from his last brief visit when she was still in her first trimester. The news was a wonderful combination of shock and elation for him. The tears had coursed down his cheeks as he whispered, I wish mom were here, she would be so happy. In spite of the years of Jedi training he had endured his mother, Shmi, had never been forgotten. She still lived in his heart and he had refused to forget. Padmé could hardly blame him cons

2. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Awww, so sweet. [face_love]

What a cute little story, and so sad that things didn't work out as well as what you wrote. :_| Amazing job as usual, Arriss. :) :D

JD.

3. mixza

mixza Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2004
    Awwww... man, I would have loved to know what Anakin's reaction was. Great job!

4. Darth_Lauren

Darth_Lauren Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2004
    i loved this, so cute
    DarthLauren

5. AnakinsLuv

AnakinsLuv Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2004
    Oh! Arriss! That was soooo cute and beautiful and precious!!!

:_| If *only* things could have worked out that way!

The wedding ring he gives her was a great idea, with the stones to represent their children too....beautiful!

And I too would have loved to read Anakin's reaction! Is there any chance we can get a Part 2? [-o|

I also loved the little part about opening just one present on Christmas Eve.....we have this tradition too!

Anyway, lovely job! [face_love]

-AnakinsLuv

6. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    JDH3

Thank you so much, my friend. :D It was you who helped me get this written so kudos to you!!
    Ah, I wish the saga could have turned out differently, but then what would we writers use for reference. ;) At least I still have Alliance.

mixza

Thank you!! :D Hmm, Anakin?s reaction? [face_thinking] *ideas floating around in my head*

Darth_Lauren

Thank you! I?m glad you enjoyed it. :D

AnakinsLuv

Yay! You stopped by! Awww, thank you so much! I have such a passion for writing A/P. But then all of my stories kinda reflect that. Yeah, um? [face_blush]

If *only* things could have worked out that way
    Check out my Alliance story. ;)

I chose platinum because of its purity and it reminded me of the pure love between A/P. I felt it only proper to complete the circle by including the twins. [face_love]

Hmm, another request for a Part 2? Maybe I?ll just have to do that. :D

I also loved the little part about opening just one present on Christmas Eve.....we have this tradition too!

We have the same tradition in my house ? even when I was growing up. It?s hard on the kitlings because one is never enough but, after all, they need to wait for Santa. :D

7. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Awww and loooooooool!

8. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    that was loverly! It make be bubble inside [face_love].
    You must continue this.. Anakin helping with birth by the fireplace.. soo good.

9. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    DarthIshtar

Thank you! Glad you liked it. :D Gotta have humor I always say!

qingauk

Ok, I give. I'm writing Part II already and as soon as I'm done I'll post it. :D

Thank you very much for your kind comments. I appreciate them. :D

10. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    Thanks to everyone who not only read but posted comments. :) I decided to expand this viggy out and well, the result ended up being longer than I expected. ;)

So enjoy and feedback is always appreciated. :)

A Christmas Gift ? Part II

If Padmé could have captured the expression on her husband?s face with a holocam she would have done so in an instant. His eyes went from loving and attentive to surprise filled with sheer terror at her announcement. Once steady hands were now shaking with excitement and nervousness. His mouth tried to form the words but his voice was unable to articulate them.

Anakin found himself breaking into a cold sweat and shuddering as if he were in a cage filled with nexu?s. Except for the fact that he was in the Naberrie family home and Padmé was right beside him looking expectantly at him to do something.

?Wha-?? Anakin barely managed to utter the simple word.

Padmé couldn?t help but giggle. Even though this was her first pregnancy [and judging by the way the twins used her body as a boxing arena, it would be her last] she had experienced childbirth through her sister, Sola ? at least from the sidelines. Although her water had broken, she knew she was not in any present danger. After all, Sola had had to wait for her midwife to arrive through a storm and she and the baby had been fine.

?Don?t worry, Ani. Everything will be fine,? she reassured her husband who was fast becoming a bundle of nerves.

?What do I do? Should I get Mom?? he asked with a wild look in his eyes. Averting his eyes, he quickly spied a pillow on the couch and grabbed it. ?Here,? he said, shoving the pillow behind Padmé?s head. ?Does that help??

?Maybe we should get Mom and Sola.? Padmé gestured toward the direction of the bedrooms.

?Uh,? Anakin looked around, unsure of what he was even looking for. ?Do-do you want something to drink or eat? I can get you something.? Anakin started to stand, ready to dash into the kitchen and fetch whatever Padmé desired ? even if he had to cook it himself.

Padmé blanched ? remembering Anakin?s attempt at cooking a cake for her one time. She had to admit that his intentions were in the right place but the substitution of ingredients was not a very good idea. ?No, no beloved.? She took hold of his hand to stop him from running off. ?I don?t need anything to eat or drink, but please go and get Mom and Sola.?

Anakin quickly nodded his head and started to turn away but then turned back again, bent down and hugged his wife. ?I love you, angel,? he ardently whispered into her ear.

?And I love you,? she quickly embraced him and then he was gone, nearly tripping over his own feet along the way. She saw him run into the corner as he tried to enter the hallway and the resounding, ?owww,? that followed.

Padmé shook her head and chuckled as Anakin disappeared. ?He certainly is excited,? she commented before glancing down at her monstrous stomach. ?And you both are very determined little Skywalker?s.?

As if to reiterate her statement one of the twins kicked and Padmé watched the action of her stomach move. ?It?s such a shame that your father has missed so much of this. Watching you both grow within me, feeling your movements?listening to your strong heartbeats. Yes, I think life as we know it is about to change drastically.?

____________________*****____________________

Anakin arrived back into the family room with the two blurry-eyed women right behind him. Jobal took the blanket she was carrying and covered Padmé with it while Sola contacted the midwife on the holovid.

?How are you feeling?? Jobal asked with a smile on her face. ?Are my grandchildren causing you much pain??

Padmé gave her mother an incredulous look. ?Mom, I look like a freighter! How comfortable can I be?? she asked sarcastically.

Anakin was beside his wife trying to be supportive by brushing her hair from her face, covering her more with the blanket, and stroking her arm. He was at a loss as to what he should be doing.

Jobal overlooked her daughter?s outburst

11. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    *gasp* Ohhhhhh! *hand up to mouth, wipes away tears* Beautiful, that was absolutely, entirely *beautiful*....so sweet and tender, pure and perfect....exactly as it should be, I reckon! Such an atmosphere of purity and utter, transcendent joy....you've written this so heartrendingly and marvellously that I can literally *feel* the swell of healing, powerful emotion....so much happiness and contentment, peace and togetherness....the Skywalker family, *whole*....ohhh, it's perfect, truly! And I totally applaud you for one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.... :) *sniff* Kudos and then some!

Dawn.

12. BrownEyes_Blue

BrownEyes_Blue Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 29, 2002
    :eek: Wow!!!! That was a wonderful....soooo sweet! [face_love] Warms me up in this cold, chilly night just reading this. Wonderful descriptions and yes, the guys should be happy that they don't have to go through pregnancy or labor.

13. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Awww, how sweety! [face_love]

14. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    ?Your son ? most definitely!? Padmé teased.

[face_laugh] Awww

?Merry Christmas, Daddy,? Padmé said as she kissed him on the cheek.

?And to you, Mommy.?

Awww [face_love] If you'll excuse me, I have to turn into a pile of mush now. [face_laugh]

?I think you?ll grow up to be a Jedi, like your father before you,? she whispered to him.

Perfection, my friend. Perfection. :D :) You did an oustanding job with this 'fic, Arriss. :)

Jd.

15. green_eyes

green_eyes Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    Awwwww! That was so sweet and wonderful, I have tears in my eyes. Beautiful is a good word for this story.
    I love that you have Leia being born first.

But your ending was perfect. ....a Jedi, like your father before you.

A great Christmas gift indeed. Thanks, I needed this.

*green_eyes*

16. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    That was truly beautiful. If only it could of happened that way.

17. AnakinsLuv

AnakinsLuv Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2004
    OH!!! That was so beautiful!!!! I was captivated the entire time!!! I'm so glad that you did Part II!!! Yay!! It was all that I had hoped for and then some!!

I love that Anakin is able to calm Padme through the force. He is such a drug, isn't he? o_O Now wouldn't that be great for every husband to come complete with force-calming abilities? :D

And I love how Arianna can feel what is happening between them...it is so pure and sweet and intimate. I actually feel I'm intruding on them reading those parts. [face_blush]

Perfection is most definitely the word for this fic! [face_love]

-AnakinsLuv

18. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    :_| the tears are streaming down my cheeks. :_| that was so beautiful. Thank you for doing that. It brought tears of joy. I loved the tie in to 'Princess Bride' 'as you wish'. [face_love]

19. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    Dawn ? Oh my, you have me [face_blush] . Such wonderful accolades! Thank you so very much!!! :D My intent was to make the reader feel as if they were literally there w/our couple. I?m so glad it came across that way! I can?t help but give A/P some happiness ? they have so little of it. :(

BrownEyes_Blue ? Yay! I?m glad you got that kind of a reaction. I have a tendency to pull on the heartstrings?now and again. ;) I?m so glad you enjoyed it!!! :D
    Yeah, guys have the easy part whereas we on the other hand?

But then 9 months of chronic complaining can be? Nawwww. :)

DB ? Woohoo!! Glad you stopped by and enjoyed my little tale. :D

JD ? If you'll excuse me, I have to turn into a pile of mush now
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] You crack me up!
    You should take credit for brainstorming w/me on the idea! I?m glad it turned out as well as it did ? I?m proud of this piece. And of course it makes me :) to know you enjoyed it!!

green_eyes - *hands over some Kleenex* Thank you very much for your kind words. I really appreciate them. :D Of course it?s always heartwarming to know that I could help someone smile, we all need that. :)

But your ending was perfect. ....a Jedi, like your father before you.
    Thank you! I thought that was a fitting way to end the story.

HandmaidenVeme ? Ahh, yes, if only? Actually, I have written a story regarding that? ;) I?m glad you enjoyed it. :D

AnakinsLuv ? Hey there! :)
    I was captivated the entire time!!!
    YESSSSS!!!! That?s great to hear and I?m so glad this story worked out as well as it did. Thank you so much!

Now wouldn't that be great for every husband to come complete with force-calming abilities?
    Boy, would we all be mush! :eek: I thought it would be more beneficial to have Anakin help in that capacity than some drug induced stupor. This way Padmé could be more alert when her children finally arrived.

And I love how Arianna can feel what is happening between them...it is so pure and sweet and intimate. I actually feel I'm intruding on them reading those parts.
    That was my intent. [face_devil] Yep, I?m a bad [face_monkey] . LOL

To know you enjoyed my fic brings a huge smile to my face! Thank you very much for your wonderful words!

qingauk - *hands out more Kleenex* Aww, thank you!!! :D Truly!

Thank you for doing that. It brought tears of joy.
    You?re very welcome! I aim to please! :D So glad you enjoyed it!!

I loved the tie in to 'Princess Bride' 'as you wish'.
    Most impressive! You?re the only one who caught that ? or at least mentioned it. I can imagine Anakin saying that to Padmé and doing everything he can to fulfill her wish.

Again, thank you to everyone for your gracious comments. I appreciate them very much!

20. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    Oh, it's too cute and sweet, I love it! If only... *sniffle*. Perfect holiday viggie. :)

And that last line was simply perfect!

21. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    RS ? Hey darlin? :) Thanks for stopping by! Glad you enjoyed my viggy. A little Christmas spirit can go a long way.

Ok, I admit ;) I love the last line. :D

22. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    It's almost Christmas!! Have a great holiday everyone!! :)

23. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Replied to this one already on Skywalker Journeys but thought I'd give it a bump here...

This is beautiful. I love Anakin easing Padme's pain through the Force, and the ring he gave her for Christmas. If only it could have been this way for ROTS. :(

Great job. :)

24. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    Lesson learned ? don?t take a decongestant at night. Result = insomnia. :(

Sorry about replying late a_g :)

This is beautiful. I love Anakin easing Padme's pain through the Force, and the ring he gave her for Christmas. If only it could have been this way for ROTS.

I had a feeling you would enjoy this one. ;) But thank you very much, my dear friend. Alas, the advantages of the AU where we can twist stories to have a much different slant.

I mentioned on SJ about the ring but I neglected Anakin?s part in it here. He symbolizes the ivy leaves, encircling his loved ones and protecting them. He?s always willing to protect those most dear to his heart. [face_love]

and lest I forget...

Merry Christmas darlin' [:D]

25. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Insomnia - Tell me about it.........*sigh*

I love it! Wonderful holiday story, PJ!!! We need more of these around!

Happy Holidays Everyone!!! [:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.