main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends A Christmassy Tale (Qui/Obi. Humour/Fluff.) Christmas gift to all.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Glenstorm, Dec 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glenstorm

Glenstorm Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 27, 2006
    Title: A Christmassy Tale.
    Author: Glenstorm
    Characters: Qui/Obi
    Summary: The boys visit a planet with a celebration very similar to one of our own. Mindless Christmas fluff.
    Warnings: Religious connections implied. If you don?t like that then read no further!
    Disclaimer: Nothing belongs to me. No money made (As if)

Hello folks! Just stopping by very quickly to drop this little Christmas prezzie in. I hope you all like it.

Season?s greetings, everyone! :*

?It?s snowing again, Master,? Obi-Wan Kenobi observed as he gazed out of the window at the white world beyond.

Pointless observation really, but there seemed little else to say. His mind was empty. His fingers itched to drum a most unJedi-like rhythm of restlessness upon his knee and the flakes of paint on the windowsill had suddenly become more interesting than they ever had seemed before.

Ok, he was bored.

The planet on which they were staying traditionally held some sort of festival during their darkest winter month and as such had called a halt to everything--including their important trade negotiations with a neighbouring planet. It was an act that allowed the whole population to sit back and enjoy the festivities. A time to ?be merry and joyous? or so he gathered.

Obi-Wan frowned. After being here for little over a week, he couldn?t quite see the point of it. The inhabitants of this planet didn?t really have much to be merry about. To say that it wasn?t a wealthy place was a gross understatement. Everything here had to be kept at the very basic level. Even the cabin in which they stayed was crudely built, made from rough-hewn logs, consisting of only two rooms and one large antiquated open log fire.

He wasn?t complaining about the last one of course. It was freezing here.

Obi-Wan would grudgingly admit the cold never quite agreed with him, but the people on this planet didn?t seem to mind -- the bitter temperatures nor their lack of wealth. Indeed, they appeared to have forgotten their poverty for the moment and were oddly upbeat. Many of them were out there now, in the cold, tossing merry greetings, building terribly ill-proportioned men out of snow and decorating trees with lights and long fuzzy pieces of string that glittered (he hadn?t got to the bottom of that one yet).

Obi-Wan sighed. He supposed that it was all well and good but he wished they could have continued with the negotiations rather than stopping for all this pointless frivolity. It would?ve been a much more productive use of everyone?s time.

At the very least he would not be sitting here, bored, getting to be on a first name basis with interesting flakes of paint.

A long sigh pushed past his lips.

Annoyingly indifferent to his irritation, the snow outside continued to fall, lazy specks of white lace glittering against the many glowing colours peeping from amongst the tree branches.

?It?s magical, isn?t it?? his Master?s voice sounded from close behind him.

Obi-Wan turned to see Qui-Gon, leonine features soft as his deep cobalt eyes took in the wintry world outside.

Trust Qui-Gon to see something like that in all this. ?If you say so, Master,? Obi-Wan replied dutifully.

Qui-Gon turned a quizzical gaze upon his lacklustre Padawan.

?You don?t think so??

Obi-Wan winced and looked up at him. He knew that tone. It told him he was running blatantly into one of his Master?s lectures, but he was unable to hide his lack of enthusiasm now. ?It?s a nice enough gesture, Master,? he started carefully. ?But I just don?t see why it warrants the whole planet coming to a stop. We could have finished the negotiations by now.?

Qui-Gon?s lips curved in a slight smile. ?Always so eager to rush into the future. When did you become such a workaholic, my Padawan?? he asked mildly.

Obi-Wan frowned indignantly. ?I?m not--?

But Qui-Gon had already lifted a hand to silence his protest, turning back to the window. ?Your dedication is admirable, Obi-Wan,? he said. ?But it i

2. Lileia

Lileia Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2008
    *sighs happily* It's beautiful!

Though Obi-Wan could be a little less grumpy in the beginning. :p

Obi-Wan frowned, ?tistlemoe? he believed they called it. Funny name really. He had yet to learn its use, but he had observed that people seemed to get very? friendly towards one another when caught beneath a bunch.

Sure enough, in the next doorway along a young lady caught him looking and threw him a suggestive wink.

Obi-Wan flushed right up to his ears. Ducking his head he hastened after his Master, determined to keep Qui-Gon?s tall frame firmly between him and the bold young girl. No one was going to catch him beneath any tistlemoe.

O my, I laughed at that!! [face_laugh]

?You?re welcome, my Obi-Wan,? Qui-Gon touched his cheek. ?There?s no one else I would have preferred to share it with.?
    Indeed!

Home, love, family. It sang through the very air of the room. Obi-Wan?s heart filled and he found himself leaning closer to his own family.

?I love you, Master,? Obi-Wan whispered drowsily against Qui-Gon?s shoulder, beyond caring whether it was right to say or not.

His Master shifted and wrapped his arm warmly around Obi-Wan?s waist, bringing him nearer. ?I love you too, my Obi-Wan,? he murmured into the soft, short hair.

[face_love] This is so touching! My favourite bit. [:D]

Thank you very much and very merry Christmas to you. @};-

3. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    [:D] Thank you so very much for this wonderful Christmas story, Glenstorm! You captured the spirit of Christmas in this one and it was a treat to read it!

Obi-Wan not seeing what it is all about, but gradually warming more and more to the festival spirit and enjoying what was so special about it was great. As was the warmth of all the festivity and joy and how much a part Qui-Gon was of it all.

Loved the snowfight with the youngsters Qui-Gon had befriended and the first crack in Obi-Wan's Jedi dignity :D And oh yes, ice skating is such a wonderful pastime and you captured the joy of it so well here.

Beautiful [face_love] , as is all of this fic

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww, this is really beautiful!! I love it :) So incredibly sweet [face_love]

At the very least he would not be sitting here, bored, getting to be on a first name basis with interesting flakes of paint.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

5. dimyavie

dimyavie Jedi Master star 1

May 3, 2006
    Sorry it took me a few days to respond to this fic! I must say that I loved it though!! :D Having Obi-Wan experience the Christmas spirit with his "father" was great. Thanks so much for writing and I hope to read more by you soon!

6. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I've been away and didn't know my password! I read this several days ago - it's WONDEFUL!

7. Lileia

Lileia Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2008
    Oh my, there's a drawing! =D=
    What a battle, en epic oone, no less. [face_laugh]

8. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    what a lovely respite.

i loved this part best:

Obi-Wan felt his Master?s eyes move to rest heavily on him. ?All this is before you, Obi-Wan, and yet you sit here by the window on the Eve of Peace grousing over the stall of some minor negotiation. You should be rejoicing in this small pocket of goodness, for such things are the rare islands of light that keep the greater darkness at bay.?

... ...

Obi-Wan looked up surprised. ?Where are we going??

?Out into the world.?

That's where it's at.

9. Raphire

Raphire Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2008
    Sigh... This was an amazing story. I'd read it again in a heatbeat. You captured the Christmas spirt so well.

I loved the snowball fight and the tislemoe.[face_laugh]
    Are you going to do a new years one?

10. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    This is a really gorgeous story :) Will have to go and hunt down your other stuff now :)

Kithera

11. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    Wonderful! You are incredible. Thanks for sharing!!!=D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.