main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Chronology of the Future: New 4/26/06

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarkElfa, Feb 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkElfa

DarkElfa Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 1, 2005
    This the first of many parts which I will release about one a week. I hope you enoy and will give any corrective critismor other comments you see as important or just feel like saying hi.

-------------------------------------------------------

Prologue

The galaxy holds many truths?and many lies. Above all else however, it holds many stories. They are stories of great wars and courageous heroes. Men and Women who gave all they had and sometimes more than they had to give to save the lives of the innocent and uphold order and civility across galactic space. There are also stories of monstrous tyrants and evil warlords who stopped at nothing in their quest to dominate or destroy anything and anyone standing in their way. Most of these stories cross paths and it can sometimes be hard to tell one without telling others. This tale is no different. To tell it requires much explanation of the things, which led up to it. This is how I will begin.

Most of you are familiar with the events surrounding the fall of the old Republic and the Rise of the new. Some are familiar with the many conflicts in the twenty thousand years prior to this and the countless battles between the Sith and Jedi, from the great hyperspace war to the Jedi civil war to the clone war and the invasion of the Yuuzhan Vong. This tale intersects with many of these events and has resulted from the untold amount of loose strings that remained untied and would eventually unravel the safety all who live in the current day and age, thirty five thousand years after the formation of the new Republic.

2. NenYim

NenYim Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    Sounds interesting...

3. TurnedJedi

TurnedJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 7, 2002
    ... it sounds cool as well. I'm certainly intrigued.

4. DarkElfa

Jan 1, 2005
    The Current Age

The modern age of the Republic started only thirty two hundred years ago with the completion of the GCR or Great Core Ring. With the devastation of the inner and outer core worlds during the ten thousand year war, what was left of the Republic had no place to call home, no center for political and cultural meeting. The total population of the Republic had been reduced to less than three hundred million individuals total. Many races such as the Rodians, Bothans, Twi?lek and Mon Calamari had been exterminated from existence in brutal acts of genocide. Others were killed off in the long span of time before the war. The Gungans, Weequay, Quarren, Ithorians and Duros to name a few. The Hutts had been destroyed by the Wookies after their failed invasion of Kashyyyk turned into a blood feud that ended with the Wookies leveling the surface of Nal Hutta and the complete annexation of previous Hutt controlled space to the Republic, there by eliminating slavery on many worlds. Once the war ended, these few left were huddled together on the only habitable planet remaining in the Republic, Corellia. This led to the idea of creating the GCR.

The Great Core Ring

At over 1 million miles wide, six hundred million miles in circumference and having a landmass equal to three million planets the size of the decimated Coruscant, it is the largest structure ever created. While easy to think up, it?s design and construction was a monumental undertaking unlike any other in the known history of the Republic. The design phase took place over the span of seven hundred years following the stabilization of the Republic government which during the construction phase would find itself redesigned many times.

The initial idea can be linked to Neru Noran, a political advisor to the Sullustan ambassador; Seib Surn who thought Neru?s idea had such merit he?d bring it before the Republic Council. The Council in turn scoffed at the idea, as the technologies necessary were not developed, the materials not invented and the construction time longer than the ten thousand years war itself. To this Sieb replied that had always taken longer to create a thing than to destroy it and the greater the thing you destroy the longer the time to rebuild it. Only this time they could start from scratch and build a world where the remaining species of the Republic could not only meet, but could live in their own lands and cultures with room to spare for thousands of generations and greater protection. A united Republic under one large roof. No more would there be disputes over the distribution of resources or the problems with defending countless planets across open space. Here, all resources could be designed from the ground up to be even and efficient. Here, all species could be defended at once. It was easy to hurt the Republic when it?s defenses were spread out; when planets could be invaded and destroyed before aid could arrive. But this new home could be built for defense and security.

5. NenYim

Nov 6, 2004
    Very dark and sad. All the aliens are dying out. But I'm hooked...

6. DarkElfa

Jan 1, 2005
    I'm writing some more now and should hoipefully have some more by tuesday.

Also please let me know abnout any characters, species, planets or situations in which your interested and I'll try to write a chapter on their condition.

7. NenYim

Nov 6, 2004
    Okay!

Are the Yuuzhan Vong coping with this genocide? Or have they been destroyed as well?

8. DarkElfa

Jan 1, 2005
    I'm confident as we all are that the Vong will be defeated and as such, I'm simply refering to them as having been defeated. I don't want to encroach on the storylines of the Vong and say something took place which didn't.

This is the basic idea:

Well, it started with an expedition to the Star Forge world and a droid finding and downloading a lost and hidden database. The droid, used the force based technological knowledge in the database to create an army of force endowed, sentient droids with him as leader and began the annihilation of all biological life forms in the galaxy. The Jedi, which had been banished from the Republic after another Sith/Jedi war nearly took place, showed up just in time to turn the tide in the Republic's favor and brought about a renewed respect and admoration for the Jedi and the Force which led to a new form of religion and government in the Republic based on the Force and it's masters. It's not untill after the GCR is built and settled that the truth became known that the Jedi which saved the Republic, were not Jedi at all but Sith mascerading as Jedi and now have complete control of not only the government, but have nearly risen to the level of diety in the eyes of those who worship them and the Force as a religion. (which is practically everyone.) The Jedi order, (actually the Sith) has recreated the Republic as a cast system (regious, warrior and worker casts) with the masters who are the most powerful and know the truth in the religious cast, the weaker Force users who think they're Jedi but have been trained wrong, in the warrior cast and non force users in the worker class. When a warrior class Jedi has a hyperdrive malfunction while on a deep space mission, the truth is discovered that the Jedi, much like the Sith before them, has created a culture of their own in uncharted space.

*Edit*

I've decided to go a different way with this story.

9. NenYim

Nov 6, 2004
    Neat. The Sith control everything again...and they've developed a new culture. *cheers*. Very fascinating...:)

10. TurnedJedi

TurnedJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 7, 2002
    Sorry about the lack of post on my part..., but now I'm back. :)

I really (and I mean really) dig that you sort of re-start the whole galaxy. Nothing is as we know it. Some of the far-future fics I've read aren't nearly this bold.
    I mean you've practically killed off half of the famous species and changed the way the entire galaxy works.

Kudos, this is what I want far-future fics to be like. :)

11. DarkElfa

Jan 1, 2005
    Thank you, that's very kind. I thought it would be very sneaky to take the same old great Star Wars Universe and evolve it by twenty or thirty millenium, see where it takes them. Think of it as a first. The Great core ring is something entirely new to the world of planetary federations and republics. There's enough room here to house all the inhabitants of the republic. Three million planets worth of space. Easy to defend, easy to police. Economics and resources shared.

And now the Jedi are the outcast and the Republic doesn't know that they've been stooped. Only the old masters of the Religious Cast. You'll find that only those that show alligience to the Darkside are permitted into the Religious Cast. The Warrior Class are used as a policing force on the GCR. They think they represent the Jedi of old. If they only knew...and if the Sith only knew that there is a massive Jedi civilization in the uncharted regions. They were there throughout the war. The droids attacked but the Jedi fought them off easily. They never heard from the Republic during this time so they never contacted them about it. they were banned and wouldn't have been listened to anyway.

These were not the Jedi of old. These Jedi were masters. Wise and powerful. As the ancient Sith were in their own lands, long ago, so are the Jedi in this time. Fifty thousand years of compounded knowledge, instinct and ability brissled in the very fibers of their being. These Jedi had become skilled above and beyond any of those who came before, except for perhaps the exception of those who founded the order..

*EDIT*

Again, this storyline has been pushed aside into a different story and I'm going a different way.

12. NenYim

Nov 6, 2004
    Intriguing. Makes one think, what would happen if the Sith found the Jedi? Would they win?
    It's good to see that the Jedi have survived, though. :)

13. DarkElfa

Jan 1, 2005
    I think that it might be the Jedi launghing the attack this time to save the Republic from it's own short sightedness.

14. DarkElfa

Jan 1, 2005
    The 10,000 Year War

The 10,000 year war took place at the dawn of a new age for the New Republic. There was peace across the galaxy for the first time in recorded history without even the slightest conflict being reported in republic space. Most of this peace could be attributed to Sarvus Nil, a Jedi who made it his destiny to bring an end to the many disputes and grievances that once plaugued the outer rim systems. Sarvus personnally travelled to each planet and brokered the deals thereby making a name for himself and a reputation that many believed would remained forever untarnished but such a thing was never meant to be. After the new age had begun, many Jedi finding themselves with free time to endulge their own curiosity and with little else to do besides, began to explore planets that were once thought too hostile for civilized folk. It was on one of these trips that Sarvus Nil unknowingly wrought upon the galaxy an unspeakable foe which threatened to unravel the very fabric of the Republic and return It's inhabitants to the ages of darkness from which it came and leave it there for all eternity....

....a virus.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that I have more time, I've decided to continue this story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.