A clean slate?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by TK_Four_Two_One, Apr 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ramble_Boba Force Ghost

star 5
    Yey, its always fun

I'm celebrating been called a mental reject, I forget how many times I've been called that in my life
  2. Sebulba_Sloan RSA Alumni

star 4
    Look who's calling you it though... someone incapable of even the basic discipline of controlling their language in an appropriate manner.

If anyone tries to take this back to the 'old times' and makes inappropriate references then they will be dealt with harshly.

Hmmmm... I guess that makes me a retard to? [face_laugh]
  3. Dark_Elf_Queen Jedi Master

star 4
    Why is it that people feel compelled to come here time after time just to bemoan the fact that this place is so bad? There's a simple solution to this and that is to delete this link off your favourites list and go and fill your time with something worthwhile. But you just can't seem to gasp this simple concept and have to keep coming here jabbing and moaning.

Luke does a good job here imho and yes I'll admit I had my doubts at first based on his age but I wondered how he would feel telling the likes of me and Yosh off if we got out of hand considering he's almost young enough to be our son. ;)

I'm lost for words I really am, the depths of patheticness that some people who keep coming here keep displaying are just beyond all reason and comprehension!
  4. Sebulba_Sloan RSA Alumni

star 4
    Your son spanking you... *muffled hillarity*

Cheers DEQ :) and well said ;)
  5. Ramble_Boba Force Ghost

star 5
    I think it says something about the muturity levels of people who moan about his age. Obviusly they feel insucure with anyone telling them what to do but if he's so young then what? He can't understand rules? The TOS are not that difficult to uphold surely. He's a good poster and cares about the board. He is a good RSA and I wish people would leave him out of their personal moaning because he has not insulted anyone in his time on FFUK.

If someone wants to moan about me making the place crap, fair enough, I had my time where I didn't like the place and posted crap. But to keep coming back and saying the place is crap, not even I did that, after a few bannings I stayed in the AC because I liked it over there, I did come back here but not to moan.

If you don't like the place, follow DQ's advice
  6. Dark_Elf_Queen Jedi Master

star 4
    Your son spanking you... *muffled hillarity*

ROTFLMFAO!!!! *UNmuffled hilarity* naughty boy :p

Cheers DEQ and well said

No problems :)

I have to agree Rambles... I think it has to be said that the simple and honest reason 'certain' people are complaining about Lukes age at the end of the day is that they are peeved that they weren't given the job and as such, whoever was chosen would not have sufficed!

*shruggs*

I've met people my age who act like 12 year old brats and I have 'met' people like Luke who display great maturity... chronological age is just irrelevant!
  7. Sebulba_Sloan RSA Alumni

star 4
    United we stand :) I really am humbled at that Rambles, cheers :)
  8. Az-Azzameen Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm just glad the people who bemoaned the humour levels finally 'showed us how it was done' [face_plain]
  9. Dark_Elf_Queen Jedi Master

star 4
  10. Ramble_Boba Force Ghost

star 5
    hey, I find that insulting Az, I am humourless. Please don't try to say I have humour again
  11. Dark_Elf_Queen Jedi Master

star 4
    Rambles you are a humourless cretin... now get back in your box and we'll try and forget you ever existed :p ;)
  12. Darth_Asabrush Force Ghost

star 5
    Bemoaning humour levels came from more than one quarter Az, you know that.

Anyway, I still like posting here and on the whole most of the regulars and visitors are good natured posters. Maybe this place won't ever be huge but that doesn't really matter.

Can't we just agree to disagree and stop all this bitching?

Yes, we know certain elements didn't get on. Yes, people may return when the members they didn't get along with leave. We all know that! There is no need for the constant carping and sniping and finger pointing!!!!!

As for Seb, I think he will make an excellent RSA and seems to be doing a good job at the moment. What this place doesn't need is people going on about their disagreements on appointments. Seb needs the support of every member here.

Age has nothing to do with maturity or intelligence. Seb has shown more maturity than many here so length of membership is also a non starter as an argument IMO.

On a side note:

Beans and Cheese on toast is almost as good as Mushrooms on toast and way better than Hummous on toast.
  13. Dark_Elf_Queen Jedi Master

star 4
    Beans and cheese on toast is for posh people :p

Hummous, Red Pepper and Lettuce in a nice warm pitta is what you need :p
  14. Darth_Asabrush Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah, 'cause that don't sound posh at all! 8-}

I like egg on toast as well.
  15. Dark_Elf_Queen Jedi Master

star 4
    Course not... I like it so it can't be... Ohhhhhhh ok maybe it is cos it's what my Mom makes and they're posh... for Northern folk, before Yosh starts :p

Tomatoes, poached egg on toast with lots of black pepper mmmmmmmmmm :D
  16. Darth_Asabrush Force Ghost

star 5
  17. Dark_Elf_Queen Jedi Master

star 4
    *BAAAAAAAAARRRRFFFFFFFFFFFFF* [face_plain]

Not likely I'm vegetarian bordering on Vegan :p
  18. Moylesy Jedi Master

star 4
    S_S has my full support, he's doing a fine job.

Is J_F a sock?
  19. Dark_Elf_Queen Jedi Master

star 4
    I should think so Moyelsy, the general consensus seems to be that it maybe Charis!
  20. Stuey Force Ghost

star 5
    so i arrived to this little shin-dig a bit late but i'll chip in anyway (probably reiterating what's been said)

nobody is made to post here and nobody is made to read what gets posted. if you don't like the people here or what they have to say then don't read it. if you have any contructive ideas of how to improve this place for us mental retards then suggest them in a constructive manner rather than just posting bitchy comments because it helps nobody

S_S is my best friend but nobody had greater reservations about him being RSA than me but i stayed and i think that the boards have been a lot more fun recently (obviously due to a number of factors) and that he's doing a great job. any old bitchiness should be buried, i'm not saying everyone should make up cos i don't know what happened in many cases but move on

if you don't like it here go or stay elsewhere
  21. Ramble_Boba Force Ghost

star 5
    I agree excatly with Stuey, apart from I didn't really have any resevation about Luke.

And DQ never says no to my meat
  22. Yoshee RSA FFUK/EUROPE, CR Emeritus: London

Manager
    star 6
    She's the only one that doesn't Rambles. :p

But then she isn't known for being fussy. :D

23. Ameera Jedi Master

star 4
    I should think so Moyelsy, the general consensus seems to be that it maybe Charis!

I've noticed that the boards have been a lot less tense and more fun since she stopped posting. Anyone notice that our problems started right around the time she joined? I'm not trying to blame anything on her; I am simply pointing out the facts.

Furthermore, I believe Charis is being bitter because she was not asked to be RSA even if she couldn't accept the position due to "work-related issues". C'mon people, we all know she wanted it. Yet the truth of the matter is, Charis is biased when it comes to FFUK; in my opinion, a leader needs to be impartial. Luke has the ability to be fair and make the right decisions. He deserves to be RSA and he has shown that he is more than qualified.
  24. Yoshee RSA FFUK/EUROPE, CR Emeritus: London

Manager
    star 6
    Well said Maggs. ;) And before anyone jumps on her case about that post, i would like to add that she has just said what a few people here have always thought.

Apart from that, i have nothing to add to this really as we all seem to agree on the fact Luke is a good RSA, the place may not be the busiest in the world, but it's fun for those that DO post here still and also that if a person doesn't like it here...post elsewhere.

That may sound a bit harsh, but i have been here for little over a year now, and more than half the time i've spent reading people whining about each other like a bunch of 8 year olds. Get a grip for Christ's sake.
  25. TK_Four_Two_One Force Ghost

star 5
    i've already got a grip, yoshi! [face_mischief]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.