main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A clock ticking Re-Posted (JA, angst) updated 12/28

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi_Knight_Jena, Nov 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    This is so cool! :D Please post more soon! :D Please?

2. Jedi_Knight_Jena

Jedi_Knight_Jena Jedi Youngling

Jul 30, 2001
    You like me!... :_| :_| :D [face_laugh]

Jedi Knight Jena takes everyone in her arms and gives them a group hug

I'm so happy, I feel like dancing for everyone!!

...sniff... :_| [face_love]

3. darth_rebelscum

darth_rebelscum Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 16, 2001

Yep, post some more soon! :)

4. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    More story of course. Dancings great but Obi's much, much better. :D No matter what you do to him. <wink>

~Swede :p

5. Jedi_Knight_Jena

Jul 30, 2001
    Here's the next part... it's short, but TheSwedishJedi gave me a very good idea, so I have to change some of the things I wrote. It'll be all for today, I'm afraid (behind schedule for my homework...tsk,tsk.)

Thanks again for the feedback... more please :)

Obi-Wan escaped the sharp claws of one of the zombies and made his way back to the circle of light. Yet, once again he was stopped by the invisible shield.

- What? He said
    I knew it
    *Don?t you start! *
    - What is this ?!

The dark man laughed again.

- You told me if I said the word I could get the weapon. You lied!
    - You still don?t understand where you are, my young friend. The words will have no meaning if you don?t believe them. Doing so, the shield will remain in place.

Again, Obi-Wan had to move away from the shield in order to avoid the slow, but murderous crowd. The dark lord seemed very amused:

- May I suggest you hurry to change your mind? These creatures might not be very fast, but sooner or later, you will be cornered. And then would you like to see what will happen?

The stranger snapped his fingers and the things stopped moving. Instead, they turned around and formed a circle around one of their own. The poor thing had a terrified expression on it?s face. The others started growling and hissing in delight and all together they attacked, then?

Obi-Wan pushed himself further against the stone wall and look away. All he could manage was:

-no no no nononono?
    Oh Force! This his horrible! Force no!
    *I don?t want that to happen to me! *

His whole body was shaking in terror. There was no time to calm down as the creatures turned their attention back to him?

- Fear is a part of your instinct, continued the dark man, it can guide you into survival. Fear is your ally. Fear can be you strength. Listen to it, what does it tell you?

How many times will I have to tell you: DON?T listen to HIM!

But that smart voice was more and more pushed in the back of his mind. Fear was clinging to him like the rest of the shadows, insinuating a very clear message in his mind.

*Do it! Say the darn words! Take the weapon and save your sorry carcass! *
    Don?t! If you mean them, even just a little, you?ll be damned! Fear is the path to?

Three of the creatures charged him. Obi-Wan barely managed to duck under the claws and escape. To his horror, he realized the things were know moving at normal human speed. And worst, they were encircling him.

- Time as run out, I?m afraid? said the Lord.

Obi-Wan made his decision. His vision cleared by fear, the tiny bits of the clouded moral code he did not understood were brushed away like ashes in the wind.

There is no peace; there is only emotion.
    There is no knowledge; there is only ignorance.
    There is no serenity; there is only passion.
    There is no Force; there is only death.
    There is no light; there is only the Dark Side.

As the last words passed his lips, the shield went down and the weapon flew from the throne into his hand. A blue blade emerged and was ready to strike. Obi-Wan hesitated one last time, unsure what to do?

- Now what? He asked the dark Lord.
    - Wipe them out?.all of them.

And the blue blade fell on it?s first victim?

TBC.

Oh...before I forget. Thanks to T.S.J., this thing will probably have a sequel...or at least end/sound like there should be one...

6. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Well that just left me utterly speechless.

7. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    You are quite welcome. I'm looking forward to reading this. [face_devil] Mwhahahahahaha!

Umm, sorry. I'll shut up now.

8. Jedi_Knight_Jena

Jul 30, 2001
    UP! :)

Me want feedback...

More story on friday.

9. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Feedback.... feedback... What can I say? Besides I'm looking forward to seeing how you do this. Besides, I know too much.

~Swede [face_devil]

10. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Can't wait till Friday!

Cool post! :D

11. Jedi_Knight_Jena

Jul 30, 2001
    Walks suspiciously behind TheSwedishJedi

Mmm... you know too much? How true...

A rade blade pierces through her chest and she falls dead...

Mwahaha [face_devil]

[face_love] Just kidding... my final exams started today (I'm in a violent mood)

If you have other ideas, tell me. They're very good... ;)

12. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    First it's a she, not he. But you're forgiven.

And second, if you're going to be like that... <ripps out her own dark blue lightsaber> Try me.

~Swede :D

13. Jedi_Knight_Jena

Jul 30, 2001
    Sorry about that...
    ...But if you insist...

The red blade comes up, ready to strike...
    ...DZZZT...Clack!...
    The saber turns off
    - Darn... don't you just hate when that happens?.

"Evil mood" Jena turns her heels and run likes ~?&*!...

14. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    LOL

Swede lets Jena get away.

It would be no good to kill the author before the story is done. Besides, I'm supposed to be a good Jedi.

15. Jedi_Knight_Jena

Jul 30, 2001
    Sorry people...

Due to extreme fatigue and lack of inspiration, I'm pushing back the posting of the next part for tomorrow... (yawn!)

(I'm in my finals, so go easy on me ;) )

I only posted this to see if I could get a newbie to read it :D :cool:

16. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    :( What? No new post? I can always come hunt you down again. [face_devil]

Kidding. I understand the finals thing. Mine are in a week. yick. I'll be waiting for the new one.

17. Jedi_Knight_Jena

Jul 30, 2001
    What? No new post? I can always come hunt you down again.

Jena looks around and sees she's cornered :

- No! Stay back, I have powers...huh...POLITICAL Powers !~

~Homer J. Simpson

*giggles*Sorry, I saw your signature and I couldn't help myself :p :)

18. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    <looks around. see's nothing new>

So where is this new post you promised? Hmmm? If you don't post I'll steal Obi-Wan and torture him myself.

Obi: Hey wait a minute. That doens't help me!

Me: Shh, Obi-Wan. You're just bait.

Obi: Bait!?

<clamps hand over Obi-Wan's mouth>

Obi: Hhhhppphh mmppppp

Anyway, hope to see a post soon.

19. Jedi_Knight_Jena

Jul 30, 2001
    <J_K_J. asleep in front of her screen>

- snorrrre...huh?....waaaaaaaaaa!!!!

[bunk!]

<J_K_J climbs back on her chair>

- AHHHH!!! IT'S MONDAY!!! I slept all weekend!!NNOOOO!!

< Reads TSJ's message >
    - Hahaha... keep the young one, if you please. We have everything we need right here, don't we my Lord?

< The dark figure looks at his feet were Jedi master Qui-Gon Jinn lays, unconscious >

- Indeed, my dear...

[face_devil]

20. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    <Digs through all the other stories. Finally finds this and drags it back up>

Ugg... Here, I think you lost this. <Hands thread to JKJ> You're going to post on this right? <Takes out lightsaber and twirls> Right?

21. Jedi_Knight_Jena

Jul 30, 2001
    Next post on friday...

Got a little busy with exams and christmas and -not having my computer- and stuff...

JKJ takes the thread...

- Should I continue this, I mean there's plenty of things I cou...

light saber igniting

- huh... well... maybe, but I'm not sur...

Lots of light sabers ignite

-All right, all right, I'll do it... geez! Don't you think you take this a little too seriously.

A dark lord tosses a datapad in her hands and points to a nearby chair.

Jena laughs nervously, sits down and starts writing.

:cool: ;)

22. Jedi_Knight_Jena

Jul 30, 2001
    Jedi master Qui-Gon Jinn was sitting quietly in the living room. Slowly, very slowly, he put the book he was holding down on the table. His face was glistening with sweat and he looked exhausted. He sank back on his chair, taking a few moments to recuperate.
    * I heard of being absorbed by something, but this is ridiculous.*

But the hard part appeared to be over. Now that he was alone, the uneasy feeling he had grew stronger and he could finally see why this place was so wrong. As distorted as this place seemed, it was still familiar in a way. As if it was not the first time he had been to a place like this. He sat up and walked to a wall. Putting a hand on it, he focused on the force to see exactly what it was. Then it hit him.

- This isn?t real! (He said out loud.) None of this is real! I am walking inside a dream.

He crossed his arms and scratched his beard. Frowning and thinking he added:

- But were to go from now? If indeed, this is some kind of dream, I am not the one controlling it. And I believe my jailer will be back shortly and I will find myself trapped with that infernal book or worst.

He began walking back and forth. It was useless to go anywhere. He concentrated about what he knew from dreams. A shame his studies of the mind did not include much about the constitution of dreams, a soul healer would have been more than qualified to solve this riddle.

Usually, dreams were the expression of the unconscious mind. They were unpredictable and often made very little sense, even to the dreamer. Sometimes, the Force could express itself within these, but Qui-Gon had never experience such a thing. And from what he knew, the message would have been as unclear as any dream, pass the essential content like a premonition or a warning. This was clearly none of those two situations.

How to interrupt a dream? Usually, his own biorhythm took care of dragging him away from slumber. An morning alarm would also be efficient, when needed. But he had none of these at hand. An external intervention was also out of the question. Then what could force him to wake up ? What inside the dream could help him?

Nightmares! Nightmares would make him jerk awake. That had to be the solution. But which element of a nightmare made one having to flee from rest? Monsters, but he hadn?t took them seriously ever since he was a child. Instinctive reactions like survival or fear from a mortal danger would have him awake. But how to provoke them? Has he had said earlier, he was not the one in control of this place.

He walked out on the balcony. Watching the busy city and a million light glowing as the sun disappeared. All this was but a fragment of his own memory. He looked down, even the view of the lower-levels were as they should. Far, very far down. He couldn?t help to feel a slight vertigo, even on the relative safety of the balcony.

- This might work, he muttered. Unless, of course, I got all this situation wrong and that is what it looks like and I?ll fall to a certain death. Or it wont work and I?ll fall safely, probably bouncing on something, and fly back up here. And maybe my body will not survive such a brutal awake and it will die as I will die crashing myself on an imaginary obstacle. On the other hand?

On this he climbed on the edge of the balcony.

- ?I don?t really have much of a choice.
    - Master? Qui-Gon, what are you doing? A worried voice asked.

*Whoever that is, he most certainly have mastered the art of good-timing!*

- As you may see, I am about to jump to what seems to me like a most certain death.
    - What!?! Goodness, you have lost your mind! You can?t jump!
    - Why not? You don?t expect me to pass the rest of my days reading the same line on the same page of the same book until you are done with whatever it is you?re doing by keeping me here?
    - ? I ? don?t know what you?re talking about? Master, please come down from there?

Obi-Wan begged in a suddenly supplicant voice.

- You?re not well. I think you really need to rest.
    - I believe I have done

23. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Cool post Jena! Specially the part when Qui jumped. Very well done indeed! POST MORE SHARPISH!!!!

24. Jedi_Knight_Jena

Jul 30, 2001
    just Upping ...

25. Jedi_Knight_Jena

Jul 30, 2001
    Need feedback...

This is bad. Here I am posting something, but now I'm stuck with the next part. Probably will take a few days before I post it with New Year's Eve and all.

But I really want feedback, prettyplease-with-big-cherry-on-top-and-fluffy-bunnies-running-around-and-angels-carrying-rose-ribbons-and-rainbows-and-leprechons-and-stuff ???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.