main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive A Clone Wars Piece and a Photo-Manip

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by XJapanRoX, May 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XJapanRoX

XJapanRoX Official Star Wars Artist star 2 VIP

Dec 5, 2004
    Hey all,

Just wanted some feedback from some fellow SW fans!

Here's the Clone Wars picture I did, which took most of the day to draft, scan, digitally ink and color. Hope you like this one!!

http://www.deviantart.com/view/33026819/

Also, here's a little picture I did really quickly just for fun: Palps reviewing the Mustafar duel. Enjoy!

http://www.deviantart.com/view/33030131/

Please, comments and criticism are welcome!!

2. Todan

Todan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 3, 2006
    Hay XjapanRox i like what you have done there i rilly like the clone wars pick keep it up

Toban

3. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    [:D] Hi Japan! Welcome to Fanarts!

I love your pics! [face_love]
    The one with the clones is very cool, like how you sort-of look over his back to the battle.
    And about the Palpatine one I esp like the blue screen. That looks very cool!

=D= Would like to see more!

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Wow, that's some great stuff you there, Japan, and welcome to the Fan Art Forum!

With the first Clone Wars piece, you've captured Genny's (not even going to attempt his last name :p ) perfectly. It really appears like you freezed a frame from the cartoon series itself and stuck it here. Very nicely done.

And very interesting way you went about the photo manip. The color choices are very nice and I think it goes along well with the overall mood of the scene. I guess the filter works, but I would also love to see it without. But it really is a nice idea and I love how you went around to making it happen! Nice job! :D

5. XJapanRoX

Dec 5, 2004
    Hey again, all!

Thanks so much for all the warm welcomes, guys!

I was a little nervous about posting, I'm kind of shy when it comes to presenting my work.

Anyway, I appreciate all of your feedback! For you guys who'd like to see more, all you have to do is click on the "gallery" button, and I have a few pages full of pieces on DeviantArt. A lot of it is Star Wars or Star Wars-inspired art...plenty of lightsabers! Although I'm not as proud of it all as much as I am my most recent pieces.

I'm glad you guys liked my Clone Wars piece! I spent as long as I had to in order to capture the Genndy feel to it. I'm very satisfied with the outcome. If you'd like to compare it to the actual screenshot I used for reference, its 2:11 in Chapter 21. Sorry I don't have a shot to post, I did it right from quicktime: sketched it on paper, used different colors for the background, then worked on it in Photoshop.

As for the photo-manip, I'm glad you guys like that too! Sadly, I didn't save the photoshop document I used to make it, since it was more or less for experimenting if I could create a hologram effect. Honestly, the filter made the image work a little bit better than leaving it as a photograph. Something about it seemed unnatural, and the filter helped the image blend together in space.

If you like, I can direct link those other Star Wars pictures in my gallery to make them easier to find. Again, thanks for all your feedback! Also, NEGATIVE criticism is welcome as well! Anything to improve! =)

Take care, all!

6. FettFan79

FettFan79 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 25, 2005
    I really enjoyed seeing your clone wars pic! That was pretty cool especially for all the work you put into it!

The emperor's room---the blue-ish tone lighting was my favorite part---looked almost like full moonlight shining down. The back ground was a bit blurry, but I like the texture of it.

7. Fenrisulven

Fenrisulven Jedi Master star 1

Nov 18, 2004
    Ooo, great clonewars picture. I agree with Chilla about the perspective. Very cool.

8. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Hello XJapanRoX and welcome to the forum! These are both excellent--I'm especially enamored of the Clone Wars piece: the perspective is wonderful, and really gives us the feeling of being right there, watching Master Mundi being thrashed by Grievous (...he's looking a bit worse for wear, there...). Great action, excellent composition and energy in the entire piece! The "Reviewing the Duel" is an interesting post-script to ROTS--how would Palpatine feel about how Vader conducted himself during that fight...? Very interesting idea, and a lovely blending of the images for it, too. Nice pieces, and once more--welcome!

FF

9. XJapanRoX

Dec 5, 2004
    Hey guys, thanks very much!

I'm really glad you guys like the pictures! =)

Since I posted this, I've been working tirelessly to color 4 comic pages I pencilled and inked for school, but the subject matter isn't Star Wars...

People my age were growing up as soon as Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers became popular, and managed to catch the ranger fever! Since some TV channels are airing the old episodes now, I was inspired to do a little comic of my favorite ranger. Hopefully you guys don't mind me posting this. All 4 pages have been condensed into one image so you just scroll down to see each page, once you click on the preview image that says "full view."

There's a typing error on page 1 (the FIRST speech box, of all places) and a coloring error on page 2, but I'll correct those and re-upload the picture asap. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy! Look forward to me posting more Star Wars art, as I'm on vacation from college for the next FOUR MONTHS!

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/33123002/

Have a great one,
    -Joe

10. Todan

Todan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 3, 2006

Power Rangers i have not seen that for years cool blast from the past XJ keep up the good work

Todan

11. XJapanRoX

Dec 5, 2004
    thanks very much man! =)

12. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Awwww! That was cool and very sweet! =D= Excellent comic, really like how you've drawn it.

Uhhh, four months? [face_sick] Good luck! [:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.