main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Clone Wars Story- Partners needed!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by sidious618, Jan 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    Hi!

I have come up with an idea for a MASSIVE Clone Wars story but I'm going to need some help.
    The basic idea is this:

The story will be a few stories long(how many is undecided) and it will feature primarily original characters (my own and your own). The story is about Jedi Knights on the frontlines, having to interact with the Clones and Regular Foot soldeirs. The other part of the story will focus on Coruscant and the politicians. Kinda like a West Wing and Star wArs thing going on!

It would be great to have two other authors. Three others max.

Thanks!

2. darthmace7

darthmace7 Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 15, 2003
    I would be interested. I have not been active in this forum at all, but I do have two fanfics in the process (one being a fanscript). If you want to see if I am the caliber of writer that you would want, you should probably check the second link in my signature.

If I'm not that caliber, just tell me. I won't be offended.

3. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003

Sidious and Mace teaming together!

I'm interested. (I'll have to do a bit of "blaster research" though because I'm more familiar with saber to saber fights.)

You can PM me to tell me if I'm accepted or not.

4. darthmace7

Oct 15, 2003
    Excellent. KOS is involved! I'm pumped for this now!

5. darthmace7

Oct 15, 2003
    Are we ready to plan?

6. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    I'm ready. We'll wait for Sidious to tell us more about what he has in mind.

7. darthmace7

Oct 15, 2003
    You there Sid?

8. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    All right.

I'm ready for our first meeting. We can have it Saturday 2:00 board time, okay?

9. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    That's ok for me.

10. darthmace7

Oct 15, 2003
    I will put my best efforts into being here then. I can't guarentee it, but I will do my best.

11. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    Don't worry Mace, the info anyone posts remains here.

With meetings we'll be able to discuss quickly, but we can easily post things whenever we get some idea, and wait for replies in the same thread.

12. darthmace7

Oct 15, 2003
    Thanks KOS. Regardless, I'll probably be here then.

13. darthmace7

Oct 15, 2003
    I know we haven't even begun planning, but I just started thinking about one of your ideas, sid. You mentioned a plot involving a sect of rogue Jedi within the Separatist Army. I was compelled to write a short begginning to this. I realize that this will not be what the story really looks like, but I felt like I had to get my ideas for that plotline on paper. Her it goes:

From the Journals of Ohmm La, Rogue Jedi of the Separatist Army

The call us the Rogue Jedi. Our allegiances lie with Count Dooku and his Separatist Army. Dooku himself is a rougue Jedi, and one of the famed Sith Lords as well. When I first met him, I sensed that he was strong in the Force. I did not, however, believe that he was little more than another turned Jedi who was gifted politically. When he revealed himself to me as the Sith Lord Darth Tyranus, I was utterly shocked.

I had long believed that the Sith had to be unfathomably Force-gifted. I had imagined tha they were so strong in the Force that they could defeat even the greatest of the Jedi handily. I was wrong. Dooku is strong, but he is far from invulnerable. I now know that if I were to confront Dooku, it would be a close duel. I am not saying that I would defeat him, but I know that I would give him a good fight.

Even though my dreams of invincible Sith are dashed, I still understand and believe that the Dark Side of the Force is stronger than the Force that the Jedi draw on. During my training in the Dark Side, my power has blossomed in ways that I never thought possible during my time as an obedient Jedi. I have developed new abilities that the Jedi would have never even considered teaching to me. I can call bolts of ligtning from my very fingertips and strangle foes with mere thought.

My companions and fellow Rogue Jedi are strong as well, but they are far behind me. I can feel it. My powers have grown more and more stronger as I train, but theirs are developing slowly. My Force ability and sheer talent is far beyond their own. I feel that I could defeat and kill them, one by one, in sucession. Easily. In the end, this is what I will do. I will kill them one by one. Those who submit to my rule will call me Master, as will Dooku himself. I will become the leader of the Separatist Army. The Repbulic will fall.

14. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    Wow that was pretty good.

15. darthmace7

Oct 15, 2003
    Thanks sid. Sorry for a couple of typos, but I was kind of rushed. I will think further about your ideas. I should be here at your appointed time later today.

16. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    yeah that was cool. We can write a main story, and these sort of journal paragraphs will be between one section and another.

It will be nice to have sort of bad guys consisting of rogue Jedi and droids on one side, and Good Jedi and clones on another. (Each with their unique technology)

Makes the story much more balanced in terms of which side will win.

17. darthmace7

Oct 15, 2003
    2:00 Saturday, PST. Is everyone here?

18. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
  19. darthmace7

Oct 15, 2003
    I'll go in search of Sid.

20. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    My ideas:

We?ve got to create a few good characters first?both bad and good?but mostly Jedi, cause droids and clones don?t have much of a character?though it?ll be cool to have some clone and Droid general.

Then, I can easily write a sort of invasion with clones led by a few Jedi getting into some Separatist base to get some info or something.

Hmm..well?.a few Space pirates/bounty hunters could fit in somewhere.

I think that before beginning we should decide the basic outline of the story?know exactly who dies?then we can fit in the fighting, dialogue, description and battles.

21. darthmace7

Oct 15, 2003
    I agree KOS. I definitely like the idea Sid mentioned about a rogue Jedi sect within the Separatist Army, evening it out. Most of the main characters, IMO, should be Jedi. I would also like to incorporate a bounty hunter or two.

22. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    yeah, Jedi would be the main characters.

Maybe the rogue Jedi could be led by a Sith lord or something.

We could get in Bounty Hunters, but they don't have to look like Jango and Boba. A band of Space Pirates would be fine. And they don't necessarily have to be bad. Still this is too detailed for now.

We'll see what Sidious has in mind, and form a good outline of the basic plot first. It's got to be concluzive and we'll check if there are errors in the storyline before moviing to the final writings.

23. darthmace7

Oct 15, 2003
    We definitely need a solid plot outline. I am usually so unorganized with my writing, so this will be hard for me. I write and then check in on what time period it needs to be in after that. It has put me in some bad spots every now and then.

24. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    I sort of write bits and pieces, then put everything together and keep correcting till it's ready.

We could go about this in this way:

Sidious posts a few sentences of the basic outline, then we add stuff and keep changing those sentences till we're all satisfied. Then we'll start working on the main writing.

25. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    Sorry I wasn't here guys. I've been really sick so I'll try to post out all of my ideas tommorow when I feel better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.