main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Clone Wars Story- Partners needed!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by sidious618, Jan 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    no problem Sid

2. darthmace7

darthmace7 Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 15, 2003
    That's fine with me.

3. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    I have the arc worked out except for one fact.

Do you guys want to have Dooku know Sidious+Palpatine or no broach the subject?

4. darthmace7

Oct 15, 2003
    I've always believed that Dooku knows, but I don't really care. To me, the Obi-Wan/Dooku talk scene in AOTC shows that Dooku knows.

5. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    I agree.

Here goes the overall arc:

The story will take place during the first two thirds of the war. Palpatine is having Dooku make certain planets join the Separatists. These certain planets have some sort of threat to the future Empire(I figured you guys would want to come up with the threat). Since they have joined the Separatists, Palpatine now has a reason to destroy them. (So the battles will be taking place on these planets.)

Meanwhile...
    The rogue Dark Jedi group in the Separatists are being assigned to turn or kill certain Jedi Knights that serve the light side but do their own thing. If they are not wiped out before the purge they may escape Palpatine's grasp.

The to above plots will tie in when the rogue Jedi assist the Republic in taking the "threat planets" and since Dooku knows which planets are the "threat planets" he will assign the Dark Jedi to be stationed on those certain planets.

The Political Plot I figured I would do cause I know you guys want to do some battle scenes. I'll brief you on my part of the story at a later time. Basically you two will be working together the most.

Any complaints or suggestions just post them. If there are none we can start some character sketches.

I wrote this really fast. Whew. :D

6. darthmace7

Oct 15, 2003
    No complaints here. I like it. And you don't need to cut down the political part as long as you have good material. I'm primed to start character sketching when you are.

7. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    Whenever you have character ideas just post em down.

One other thing: try to make it as if this story could
    "fit in".

8. darthmace7

Oct 15, 2003
  9. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    Not contradict anything.

10. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    It looks like you guys have an intriguing project.

I'll be keeping a close eye on this one.

11. darthmace7

Oct 15, 2003
    Alright, Sid. Here's a brief bio on the character I had in that earlier post:

Name: Ohmm Laa
    Species: human
    Height: 6'7
    Weight: 230
    Home Planet: Aargau: under control of galactic banking clan, covered by seven level pyramid
    Bio: Before the Clone Wars, Ohmm had been raised in a family of bankers and was expected to become one himself. His parents realized he had Force powers at an early age. Believing that having a Jedi in the family would bring them family glory, they brought him to Coruscant and offered him to the Jedi. Ohmm learned for many years and was under the instruction of a Jedi Knight when he was approached by Dooku shortly before AOTC. Ohmm agreed to join Dooku, ran away from the Jedi Temple and became one of the Separatist Rogue Jedi. He does not believe in Dooku's powers and hopes to challenge him one day. He is arrogant and believes that he is better than the other Dark Jedi.

12. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    Good ideas Sid.

I?ll rewrite the plot to make sure I understood it, and add a few ideas to it??.

(I haven?t grasped the concept of the rogue Jedi joining the Republic but you may edit my summery to get in your ideas. Also, I?m going to keep with one planet for now, not because I don?t want many planets to be involved, but because my ideas are a bit limited. Again, you may rewrite all this, change it to include more planets, and add your own ideas???)

Ok, the story will take place during the first two thirds of the war.

Planet X (Haven't thought of a name yet) is a forest world which contains one large city in which where lots of guns, and armour is built. Palpatine as Chancellor of the Republic wants to secure his clone army with armour and blasters, to increase his power.

However, he plans to attack the City and it?s weapon factories after he buys lots of weapons. He wants this done because once his Empire is formed, he doesn?t want civilians or anyone who could oppose him, get hold of guns which they buy from this Planet.(this is the threat which Sid mentioned)

So, he uses the Separatists, led by Rouge Jedi as an excuse to destroy the City on Planet X. Once the weapons are bought and delivered to Coruscant, Dooku sends a Separatist fleet led by the Rogue Jedi to Planet X.

The Separatists start landing secretly in the Jungles of X, however a human girl A (one of the main characters) notices them, and rushes to the City and sends a message to Coruscant, to the Jedi Order (or to anyone else who could contact the Jedi)

Thus Yoda sends a clone army to Planet X, led by a group of Jedi, one of them a human male B (we could get this guy meet and become friends with the civilian A)

The clone army led by Jedi Knights arrives on X, and a battle takes place as they fight the Separatists and rogue Jedi while they march towards the City.

Then the clone army marches to the City, human Jedi B meets Human A.

The Separatists attack the City, and the Jedi and clones protect it again.

(We can have clones and droids fighting, as well as Jedi duelling rogue Jedi, and Civilians fighting the Separatists.)

Normally Palpatine doesn?t care who wins or looses in a battle, but this time he wants the City on X destroyed, so he wants the Separatists to win.

Thus he sends a group of clone commandos to help the Republic, but these are in fact spies and they start killing the Jedi one by one in the night.

The few Jedi alive realize this too late, (we?ll put in that horror of betrayal, finding out that they?re surrounded by enemies,) and a few manage to escape out of the City as the clone commandos order the clone troopers to open fire on the Jedi, and civilians who put up a resistance.

(Clones just obey orders, so it wouldn?t be difficult for the commandos to persuade them that the Jedi and civilians are actually the bad guys)

The few surviving civilians are chained up to be sold as slaves.

The Separatists and Rogue Jedi march to the City, and the Commandos let the Rogue Jedi take over. Thus now the Separatist army on the planet is made up of both clones and droids.

The Jedi (including B) and civilians (including A) who escape rush into hiding into the jungle..

Then they plan a lot, and invade the City?get into fighters and Walkers and a large battle takes place in which the good guys win.

13. darthmace7

Oct 15, 2003
    I like it, KOS. Sid adds in whatever poltical story he likes, and so on and so forth...

My Rogue Jedi character could fight the main Jedi character of maybe kill the main civillian character and cause the Jedi to confront him and kill him.

One idea I had was that the bad guys could win, showing Sid's prowess, but I don't care.

14. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    yeah, we could still make the Jedi's mission a failure because the Rogue Jedi(controlling both clones and droids) blow up the factory, and maybe not even make a final battle, but make the Jedi survivors and civilians just sneak in, grab a starfighter and flee the planet.

We'll keep rewritting the main summery till we've got the story correctly, then work on the characters and start writing the main thing.

15. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    Nice job KOS.

Here is my plan:
    Kos' story will be part of the first two stories. I'll put in the Senate part and Mace can show another battle going on on another planet( you may do what you wish Mace). When we put all of this together we can have two stories. We'll move on from there. Also the good guys can win this story. We want our readers to believe that our characters are the type that always survive. Then we will shock em later on.

And thanks for the interest that the above reader said! :D

16. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    MAce:

I liked the character sketch and it would be great if you could do some stuff with Argau as that planet is awesome. I suppose you've read "Maze of Deception".

17. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    Thanks Tangled_Sphere, and good character Mace.

Sid, can Mace work on what happens on planet x??thus parts of the same story.

All work anyone of us writes can pass to the other two writers to correct, change and build on and thus it won?t be sectioned into 1 person writing a part, but everyone?s interpretation about every part of the tale involved.

Also, I was thinking more in terms of 1 story?you can change parts of the summery to fit in with a few senate posts if you like

Also there are lots of parts which I included in which you can expand upon for happenings on Coruscant?.Palpatine sending Republic dealers to buy the weapons, Palpatine talking to the Separatists, Yoda sending the clones, Palpatine talking to Yoda about sending the commandos.

If you want Sid, you can make the original writings of all that happens on Coruscant, and we?ll correct them, just as you will correct anything Mace and I write.

Also, you can put in lots of politics that aren't really part of the story, but take place in those times, and this still will flow well with the story.

In that way everyone will be writing both the boring and exciting parts of the story.

18. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    Ah. Well this will be like a series and this story will introduce our players along witha nice battle. The next story will take place elsewhere than.

19. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    Oh. Ok. Makes sense. This first story is going to be a bit long though.

What d' you think about the idea that we correct each other's work?

20. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    Well of course. We are in this together.

21. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    I'm heading to bed. Seeya tommorow.

22. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    See you. Good night.

23. darthmace7

Oct 15, 2003
    I see that things are progressing... great! I don't own Maze of Deception, but I remember a little about the planet. There's also some brief info on it in the unofficial encyclopedia on the front page. If either of you have read it recently or own it, could anyone remind me about Aargau?

24. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    I haven't got Maze of Deception, but I read a summery of it, and if Aargau is the planet mentioned in it, I know its got lots of wildlife.

You can continue building up on the summery I made by expanding on Sid's ideas.

When we've got a solid summery for the first story, I'll section it into short chapters, and we can start working individually on different sections.

(So like Mace will deal with a few chapters, Sid others, and I others, but it won't matter much who writes the first version of each chapter, because the writing of each will be changed by the other two authors.)

I'm calling them chapters, but they won't be very long.

(To give you an idea....Chapter 1 - Life on Planet X (whatever we'll decide the world which develops weapons will be called)

Chapter 2 Palpatine sends the Republic dealers. (to buy the weapons)

These titles will give the general idea, but we can expand freely, for example, whoever writes the first version of Chapter 2, can start with a senate meeting, go on to explain that Palpatine is infact Sidious, make him talk to the republic dealers etc.

Still we've got to discuss the characters involved. The Rogue Jedi which Darth_Mace created is a good start.

Anyway, if you want, I'll put a list of Chapters after we're sure about the summery.

25. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    Actually I have a long plot involving the polititians. A group of Senators slowly find out what Palpatine is ultimatly up to.
    So the political part will seem as if it doesn't connect until the end of the story where it is revealed Palps=sidious etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.