main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Cold Sweat

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr, Mar 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr

Wedge_Antilles_Cmdr Jedi Master star 3

May 22, 2002
    [color=006699]A Cold Sweat

?Come on guys,? a young Wedge Antilles called over his shoulder to his friends as he scrambled up the giant bean stalk that reached hundreds of feet in to the air of the planet, his dark brown hair hanging in his eyes - they were almost to the top. Equally young Wes Janson and Tycho Celchu, and only a slightly older Derek ?Hobbie? Klivian followed closely behind the Corellian. Upon reaching the top, the four young men clambered out into a heavily forested area; at their feet lay a path constructed of yellow bricks. Wes shouldered his way past Wedge, taking up a defensive position in front of his close friend, and began to walk down the pathway ? the others followed.

After walking for what seemed like hours, the forest ended: Wedge, Tycho, Wes and Hobbie were greeted by the site of a huge castle surrounded by a moat with a drawbridge, sitting in a glade at the forest?s edge ? cautiously they approached. Not seeing or sensing any danger, the boys crossed the drawbridge ? approaching a large wooden door, five times the height of a normal man: Wedge knocked ? the door was opened by a petite young woman wearing a white robe, her brown hair was done up in cinnamon-like buns on the sides of her head; around her neck hung a gold chain with a pendant holding shards of the destroyed planet Alderaan.

?You shouldn?t be here,? she whispered. ?If my Master were to discover you, there is no telling what he might do to you,? she finished, casting furtive glances about.

Tycho bowed low, ?Milady,? he declared in his gentle Alderaanian voice, his accent matching hers, ?We have traveled a long distance today and are tired and hungry, is there anyway you could offer us a place to rest for just a short while and something to eat??

The young woman looked about again; putting a finger to her lips, she motioned them to follow her inside the castle, ?You must remain very quiet, my Master the giant is sleeping now so we must be careful not to wake him ? he doesn?t like strangers.? She led them through winding halls to a large hall - a massive table filled the room groaning under the weight of many heavily ladened platters and bowls of food and at one end, in a gilded chair, sat a giant black and white Ewok snoring quietly.

?I?ve got a bad feeling about this,? Hobbie whispered to his friends as the young woman led them to stairway that reached up to the top of the table and up the stairs.

?You don?t prepare all this food yourself, do you,? Wedge asked the young lady who told them that her name was Leia.

?No, my husband Han and I take care of the castle for the giant but others of his kind fix the food and make sure that there is always plenty of it on hand.? She gestured to the food, ?Eat as much as you want, just remember to be quiet.?

As the last words escaped her, the giant Ewok stirred; suddenly, apparently out of nowhere came the gentle strains of a Tatooine harp and the giant settled back to sleep. The young men looked around questioningly. ?That is my brother Luke ? it is his job to calm the Ewok when he is disturbed in his slumber,? Leia whispered.

The famished young men dove into the food savoring different foods from across the galaxy. Finally, sated, Leia led them down off the table and to a small room off the great hall that contained sleeping pallets the size to fit a normal human where they tiredly crawled under the covers and slept.

No sooner did it seem that their heads hit the pillows when they were suddenly awakened by the loud voice of the giant, ?Yub, yub, yub,? he cried, ?I smell blood of Taanabian. Where he,? the Ewok roared. Under the giant?s voice, Wedge and his friends could hear both the harp playing and a man talking trying to convince the giant that he was mistaken. Leia appeared and began to lead them out of the room and eventually the castle but the giant spotted them as they slunk along one wall on their way out. He bounded out of his chair and made a dash at the humans reaching out with his massive paw and grabbing Wes. The others t

2. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Classic! The fab four!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.