main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Collection of Jaina/Jag/Kyp Songfics and Vignettes (3-20 - TWO of 'em!) The Fel Girls/Dinner, etc.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by -Trickster-, Nov 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Trickster-

-Trickster- Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 12, 2003
    Here's my newest songfic that I've created in my boredom over waiting for my beta- no offense- to get my next RC post betaed. Anyway, the lyrics are Linger by the Cranberries, not my own. Even if I like 'em enough to wish they were. The lyrics don't quite fit the relationship that Jaina and Kyp have, but I really like the song and it's the only one I can think of that will really go with what I'm thinking.
    LINGER

If you, if you could return, don't let it burn, don't let it fade.
    I'm sure I'm not being rude, but it's just your attitude,
    It's tearing me apart, It's ruining everything.

Kyp Durron walked down the hallways of the base, his mind absently flicking over his earlier conversation with Luke and Mara Jade Skywalker. No, Masters Skywalker, he didn't want anything more than to be Jaina's friend. No, Masters Skywalker, he didn't harbor any ill will towards Jag for making Jaina happy. Well...maybe he did... But in all truth, he knew it was meant to be. He knew that Jaina and Jag were meant to be together just the same way Tatooine was meant to be with it's twin suns.

He keyed the entrance to his room and, as he walked past it, let his Jedi robe drape across the back of the couch in the living section of the appartment. The door connecting to Jaina's room was across from it, and Kyp leaned back against the couch, staring at it blankly for a minute.

I swore, I swore I would be true, and honey, so did you.
    So why were you holding her hand? Is that the way we stand?
    Were you lying all the time? Was it just a game to you?

Jaina sat contentedly in the circle of Jag's arms, her head rested on his chest. Her hands were resting absently in her lap as she struggled to think of something else to say. Deciding she couldn't think of anything else really worth voicing, Jaina just closed her eyes and gave a contented sigh. She opened herself to the Force, intent on falling back into it only to find another hinderance very close at hand. Kyp had just entered his room and was now standing across from the door that connected their two appartments, apparently staring at it. Tentatively she brushed his presense with the Force, unsure as to what he was thinking.

She recieved a similar brush in reply, one that was filled with contentment and confidence. Jaina, contented with it, instead lifted her head to look at Jag's face once more. His lips were turned up in a distinct yet subtle smile, one that caused her to give the crooked Solo grin in return. A moment later, she felt the brush of his lips against her forehead. Jaina pulled away slightly, only to turn her face up and kiss him on the lips.

But I'm in so deep. You know I'm such a fool for you.
    You got me wrapped around your finger, ah, ha, ha.
    Do you have to let it linger? Do you have to, do you have to,
    Do you have to let it linger?

Though he longed to show his true feelings toward her, Kyp sent back only a brush equal of what she'd sent him. Through their Force bond, he knew that Jaina was sitting contentedly with Jag. Before any of his emotions rose past his control, Kyp brushed Jaina's Force presence once more before cutting off their bond, afraid that if he left it open any longer he wouldn't be able to keep from letting her know how he truly felt about her being with Jag. Not that it was his duty to want to kill the pilot; no, that was Han's job. He just wished that Jaina would, instead of going to Jag, come to him for the attention Jag was giving her at present. But that would never happen. She deserved the happiness Jag gave her. He knew that in his head and even in a part of his heart. It just was up to what already believed that to convert the rest of him into accepting it.

Oh, I thought the world of you.
    I thought nothing could go wrong,
    But I was wrong. I was wrong.

Jaina hardly noticed Kyp's presence as it was cut off in their bond, so absorbed as she was. Jag's kisses were now roaming across her jaw before turning to run down her neck.

2. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    *sniff* Poor Kyppie. Sequel maybe? :D

EDIT: YAY! First review! :D

~~Jilly

3. -Trickster-

Oct 12, 2003
    Sequel? Ooo, now there's an idea...*cackles* An I think I may have just the song...*runs off*

4. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Very good! :D I wouldn't mind reading a sequel. :) BTW~ I sent you back the next post for RC around 3 something board time. ;)

J&J

5. -Trickster-

Oct 12, 2003
    Yep, found it. ^_^ And a sequel is coming!! To the lyrics of *intake of breath* Angels Would Fall. It'll be up in a few!!

-Trickster-

6. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Ooooh, very angsty and good! ;) So Kyp decides to pick a fight with Mara to get his mind off Jaina. Will it work? :p I guess we'll find out in the sequel, won't we? :D

Jae Angel

7. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    Good to hear that the sequel is coming soon! :D

J&J

8. -Trickster-

Oct 12, 2003
    Lol. ;) Kyp's not exactly picking a fight, per sé, but still. Alright. On with my writings.

9. -Trickster-

Oct 12, 2003
    And here it is. Yet another songfic by me. Getting sick of my posts yet? This sequel is to the lyrics of Angels Would Fall by Melissa Etheridge and brought to you by the friendly people of Trickster Inc.
    ANGELS WOULD FALL

The rope that's wrapped around me
    Is cutting through my skin
    And the doubts that have surrounded me
    Are finding their way in

Kyp dodged the lightsaber as it arched towards him. The blade that had just missed him halted and drove down in a harsh new downsweep instead. He barely had time to block the icey blue-white lightsaber with his own violet one before it was moving again. The dance of lightsabers went on for a good fifteen more minutes before Kyp's lightsaber was wrenched from his grasp. Even as he called it back to him through the Force, Mara had her lightsaber humming at his throat. With a grin he stepped back and saluted her before returning his deactivated lightsaber to his belt. Try as he might, he could not get the thought out of his head that he had failed yet again today. But he hadn't really failed, had he?

I keep it close to me
    Like a holy man prays
    In my desperate hour
    It's better that way

A heavily-contented sigh slipped past Jaina's lips as Jag pulled away from her. She hadn't even noticed the time go by, not that it had been more than a half hour. Jag was looking down at her, a grin dancing in his eyes. The smile that already seemed permentantly attached to her face when he was around broadened. She put her head on his shoulder, a finger absently tracing the contours of his chest through the dark gray shirt he wore. Fingers under her chin caused her to look up from watching her hand go around it's uncharted path. The fingers were soon gone from her chin only to be replaced with a firm kiss on her lips.

So I'll come by and see you again
    I'll be such a very good friend
    Have mercy on my soul
    I will never let you know
    Where my mind has been

Realizing he wasn't listening to Mara's 'post-battle' remarks, Kyp quickly tuned in to her last words and nodded.

"Well, I've worked past beyond what I wanted to already. See you in the mess later, Durron."

As Mara left, Kyp heaved a sigh and toweled his forehead. He could definitely use a good long shower now. Again using the Force, Kyp called his brown robe to him. Had he known he would be drifting to the gym, he wouldn't have even brought it. It was on that thread that his mind returned to the issue of Jaina and Jag. No doubt they would still be in her quarters when he got back. Well, his sparring with Mara had certainly recentered his focus for the half hour it had gone on, but it had by no means cleared his thoughts. Now that he had no where else to concentrate, he couldn't stop his mind from it's imaginings of he himself with Jaina rather than her with Jag.

Angels never came down
    There's no one here they want to hang around
    But if they knew

He watched Jaina silently as she went to the kitchenette. She came back after a minute to hand him a glass, which he accepted with a nod of thanks. Jag took a sip of the water absently as his eyes tracked Jaina returning to the kitchenette to put her glass on the counter. As she returned once more, she stopped by the window, her gaze caught by something outside. Jag set his glass down on the low coffee table in front of him and stood up to walk over. Jaina had her back to him as she watched whatever it was she was watching. He slipped his arms around her waist, his chin resting on the top of her head.

"What's so amazing?"

He could almost feel the smile on Jaina's face. "Nothing; just look at the sunset. It never seems to be the same on this planet. Even with the buildings abstructing it, it's beautiful."

If they knew you at all
    Then one by one the angels
    Angels would fall

A slight pang of shock traced across his mind at the thought that she might take into account something so small as the difference in the daily sunset. However, that shouldn't have be

10. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    Great songfic! :D Jaina and Jag seem like all they do is kiss, no conversation just 'you're beautiful, let's make-out'. Maybe in the next one have a bit more stuff going on other than what seems to be air-head stuff. ;)

J&J

11. -Trickster-

Oct 12, 2003
    *pretends to look absolutely offended* Conversation? Who needs conversation? Lol. j/k. Actually, the next one I'm working on- to the lyrics of 'White Flag' is pretty much an argument that- I guess- would be a few weeks later if this is an actual story. ;) Dunno though. *shrugs* I have yet to know if people actually bother to read these things past who I've seen post. Anyway, my sister wants me to come help her with a website and I'd best not tick her off just now. See everyone later. :)

12. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    I LOVED IT MUSHY GOOD!!! GRINS :)

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

UPDATE SOON!!!! :)

13. -Trickster-

Oct 12, 2003
    lol. There will be more, I promise. *continues finding good songies for songficcers*

14. -Trickster-

Oct 12, 2003
    Songfic to the lyrics of White Flag by Dido. Hope y'all like!! Oh, and if you read it, let me know these things!! 'Post! Don't lurk...it's not cool.' «-Trickster thinks that should be a slogan on a bumper sticker.

I know you think that I shouldn't still love you,
    Or tell you that.
    But if I didn't say it, well I'd still have felt it
    where's the sense in that?

Tired and battle-worn, Jaina Solo walked away from the conference room as quickly as her muscles would allow. It wasn?t that speedy, to say the least. The only thought on her mind at that very instant was sleep. Unfortunately, no one else seemed to think that she should be allowed it. Behind her, she could hear footsteps. And then a voice.

?Goddess, could I have a word??

That would be Jagged Fel. Jaina turned to see him walk up and it was all she could do to maintain a face of uncaring calm. Giving him a hard stare for a few moments, she at last nodded.

?Very well, mortal. You may accompany me to my quarters and then have your word.?

I promise I'm not trying to make your life harder
    Or return to where we were

The moment the door had slid shut behind Jaina, Jag rounded on her.

?What the Kriff did you think you were doing?!?

The sharp tone in which he demanded the answer was enough to spark annoyance into Jaina?s tired mind.

?You mean other than saving your butt? I?m sorry, I didn?t realize that we bits of Rebel scum weren?t allowed to save our fellow squadmates,? Jaina shot back, well aware of her tone.

Well I will go down with this ship
    And I won't put my hands up and surrender
    There will be no white flag above my door
    I'm in love and always will be

Jag?s blazing green eyes fixed on hers for a minute, as if he were trying to read her mind. Then he threw his hands up and spun on his heal, walking towards the center of the room. He let loose a very exasperated sigh as he turned once more to look at her.

?You don?t get it do you?? Jaina opened her mouth to give an angry reply, but Jag continued. ?You came back, after everyone told you to go. And while I?m glad you did come back to save my skin, you would?ve been a lot smarter to just let it go. You don?t need to go showing the Vong how to get to you.?

His tirade done, Jaina glared at him, anger written in her every feature. Her mind raced through the day?s events, most specifically the skirmish they?d just had with the Vong.

I know I left too much mess and
    destruction to come back again
    And I caused nothing but trouble

?And what would have had me do? Leave you to die? I?m sorry if that?s what any Imperial or one of your precious Chiss would?ve done, but I actually do care about you, okay? Maybe I would?ve been smarter to let you die, but I didn?t want to lose someone else if I could?ve prevented it.? Jaina shook her head, looking away from his face for the first time in the entire argument. When she spoke again, her voice was so soft it was almost inaudible to her own ears. ?I?m just so tired of everyone going away... Everyone goes and they leave me to live with that knowledge... I just can?t take it anymore. I don?t want to lose anyone else.?

I understand if you can't talk to me again
    And if you live by the rules of "it's over"
    then I'm sure that that makes sense

Jag, who had opened his mouth as she had spoken her ?slander? on the Chiss, clamped his jaw shut abruptly. His face softened as he heard her last remarks. He had lost just Dav and Cher and even though that weighed on him every day, he suddenly realized how little he really understood about what Jaina was going through. Many people had called the Jedi one ?big family?. When one of them fell, the rest of them felt the loss. Jaina had never had a traditional family, being hidden from all the people who had wanted to get her and her siblings when she was younger, but she had none-the-less managed to make the most of what she did have. And then, all by this stupid war, she had lost the most precious members

15. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    :D Great posties. Hehe

~~Jilly

16. SaberBlade

SaberBlade Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2001
    Not that it was his duty to want to kill the pilot; no, that was Han's job.

ROTFL!!! Must... have... more....!

-Saber

17. puppyglo

puppyglo Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2003
    Great fics! :D

18. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    The beginning was really sad but then... Han. [face_laugh] That was great!!!! :D

?What in all of Corellia?s hells is going on here?!?
    [face_laugh]

19. -Trickster-

Oct 12, 2003
    [face_devil] [face_devil] [face_devil] [face_devil] [face_devil]

you want more, you say? and there shall be more!! as soon as i finish it.

[face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush]

yeah. that. i'll have something for you by the weekend. promise. ;)

20. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    It's past that weekend. O:)

21. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    This is great!

Poor Kyppie-boo :( :_|

I love Han's reaction to seeing Jaina and Jag together [face_devil] Reminds me of...something...

Jag and Jaina are so sweet together [face_love]

More soon?

22. -Trickster-

Oct 12, 2003
    This songfic?s to the lyrics of Why Can't I? by Liz Phair. Hope everyone likes!!!!

WHY CAN'T I?

Get a load of me, get a load of you
    Walkin' down the street, and I hardly know you
    It's just like we were meant to be

Jaina silently as she looked out the canopy of her X-Wing to see Jag Fel?s clawcraft whipping by overhead. She?d liked him, sure...but she couldn?t figure out what the kriff that meant in relation to anything else- the Goddess ruse, her career, her parents...well, more specifically what her father would do to Jag if he ever figured it out that she wasn?t just keeping him around as part of her ruse. The fact that he?d walked in on them after their fight had been bad enough. The fact that he was beginning to follow her around, or employ C3P0 to do it, didn?t help the matter. And if either of them ever got any hint of information... With a sigh, Jaina calmly admitted to herself that her future was going to be very bleak. There was no way in any of the nine Corellian hells that her father, the infamously blaster-happy Han Solo, would welcome a possible extension of his family to the son of and Imperial Baron. Not to mention a Corellian one.

Holding hands with you when we're out at night
    Got a girlfriend, you say it isn't right
    And I've got someone waiting too

The thoughts lingered around in her mind for the rest of the day and even kept her up that night. There was no getting around it: this relationship, wonderful as it was, wouldn?t be able to go anywhere. But even with the thought of what she had to do firmly implanted in her mind, Jaina couldn?t help shaking the feeling of perfect bliss whenever she was around him. Everything that was wrong just seemed to evaporate into meaningless whims and wisps of worry when she was talking to him. There was just something about Jag Fel, whether or not other noticed it, that was just... She couldn?t even find words to finish her thought. But she knew what it was deep down. Because it was a feeling, not a word.

What if this is just the beginning
    We're already wet, and we're gonna go swimming

Jaina walked out of her quarters the next day feeling lower than she?d thought possible given her current situation. In truth, her situation was quite good. She had her twin, she had her family, she had a great friend and she even had a friend who was something more. Unfortunately, that last person might hate her after what she had to do. Maybe it was Piggy and Sharr forcing her into this, maybe not. They?d brought immediate attention to the fact that they frowned on the fact that Jaina was ?seeing? Jagged Fel. It would ruin the ruse, they had said more than once. Only the people who seemed to remember that she needed to have something to pull her back to reality when it all became too much, when the pressure got too high, supported her. But that didn?t mean that the Wraiths didn?t have a point.

Why can't I breathe whenever I think about you
    Why can't I speak whenever I talk about you
    It's inevitable, it's a fact that we're gonna get down to it
    So tell me
    Why can't I breathe whenever I think about you

Jaina was standing, shuffling from foot to foot, in front of Jag?s clawcraft, listening to him calmly fix whatever the current problem was. Unfortunately, they?d probably both be having a big problem sooner than that...emotionally at least. Well, it wasn?t really fair to go into that. She couldn?t speak for him. Even as she called the words to mind, she knew she couldn?t do this. Screw the Goddess ruse. Screw listening to Piggy and Sharr. Screw the Force-forsaken Yuuzhan Vong. Screw ?em all to each of the Corellian hells and back, then ship them to Kessel for a good long term in the mines under chains. There was no way she could give up having Jag as more than a squadmate. No matter how many angles she tried to put to it, she still would love him, still would feel the same way. And that feeling didn?t even tarnish with the thought of her father grabbing a blaster to aim at J

23. jedi_jaina_solo71786

jedi_jaina_solo71786 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2003
    Awesome story so far...hope you get more up soon!

24. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    that was great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is it to soon to ask for more?

25. -Trickster-

Oct 12, 2003
    yes, yes you can. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.