main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Collection... of Sorts [Drabbles - Week Three posted 6/9/10]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by brokenlullaby, May 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brokenlullaby

brokenlullaby Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2010
    Author: brokenlullaby
    Title: A Collection... of Sorts
    Characters: Various characters
    Notes: Written for the Ultimate Drabble Challenge 5.
    I might have taken these themes in a different direction than most, but oh well... What can I say? I like randomness. :p

This first set is mostly about Anakin, and how he always seems to get himself into trouble.

Week One

Doctor

?That girl keeps looking at you, Master. I think she likes you.?

?Nonsense.?

Anakin raised an eyebrow, lips curving upward in his signature Skywalker grin. ?Oh, c'mon. You've gotta like someone.?

?Unlike you, Anakin, I try to avoid distractions.?

Whatever point he was trying to prove, it wasn't working.

?What about her??

Obi-Wan cast a quick glance at the woman Anakin was pointing at, eyes widening when he realized who that woman was.

The infamously beautiful Siri Tachi.

Color stained his cheeks.

?What can I say?? Anakin's smile widened. ?I'm a love doctor.?

Companion

?Now that it's raining more than ever, know that we'll still have each other, you can stand under my umbrella, you can stand under my umbrella! Take it away, Artoo!?

?Breet! Breet-eet-eet-eet-eet!?

?When the sun shines we'll shine together, told you I'd be here forever, said I'll always be your friend, took an oath, I'ma stick it out to the end!?

?Breet! Breet! Eet-eet-eet-eet-eet!?

Anakin smiled contentedly, leaning back in the seat of his starfighter. ?Good job, Buddy. I needed that.?

Sometimes singing karaoke with a droid was all it took to ease Anakin's boredom.

Time

It was easy for Anakin to lose track of time. His mind was always racing, never focused on a single task. That made cooking exceptionally difficult. He realized that he had burnt dinner only when the smell attracted his attention, and when he ran to save the casserole, it was already too late.

Obi-Wan would be here any minute... and he would be furious. His Padawan had ruined dinner again.

The front door opened. Anakin's stomach twisted in a knot, gut clenching, preparing himself for the worst. But instead of reprimanding his Padawan, Obi-Wan smiled.

?Mmm. Smells like home.?

Space

?Scoot over.?

?I can't! There's not enough room.?

That was the thing about rescue missions. They always seemed to test the two by placing them in tight situations.

?Ouch! Anakin, your foot!?

?Sorry.?

Anakin hated rescue missions.

?How long is this ventilation shaft, anyway??

?How would I know? Keep moving.?

He was also claustrophobic, and that didn't help.

?I think I'm about to throw up.?

?We're almost there. You can wait.?

?Well, that's the thing. I don't think I can.?

?Anakin...?

Silence.

?You might want to watch your step.?

Dimensions

Waking up after a night of partying was like waking up in another dimension. He couldn't feel anything besides the pounding in his head.

?Rise and shine.?

He let out an agonized scream. If his headache didn't kill him, the sunshine would.

?Shut the blinds! Shut the blinds!?

?Get dressed! We have a big day ahead of us!?

Someone was shaking him.

?No! Get off me!?

?I'll go get the ice cold water, then.?

?I confess! I'll never party again! I swear!?

Obi-Wan crossed his arms, beaming with satisfaction.

?That's good to hear.?

2. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Well, obviously Anakin like Rihanna, huh? That bit had me laughing. Karaoke with R2 -- awesome. :cool:

My favorite was Time, though.

That last bit "Smells like home." I loved that. :)

Great start! Looking forward to reading more of your drabbles. :)

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Fun start. :D

Very refreshing little foray into the lighter side of Anakin/Obi-wan's partnership. :D I like non-angsty, typical teen kind of Anakin LOL And snarky Obi-wan -- not all uptight and thorny :D

They're more like brothers bantering :)

Karaoke with Artoo? [face_laugh] OK, may have to borrow that funny thingamajig for my own drabbles :D

4. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    [face_laugh] Anakin and R2, the ultimate karaoke duo.

Great drabbles

5. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Great drabbles, brokenlullaby! =D= I think taking the drabbles in a direction somewhat different from what one would usually expect from the title is a perfectly valid way of going about the challenge, though we may end up expecting more surprises from you in future sets of drabbles! ;)

?Mmm. Smells like home.?

What a wise Master Obi-Wan is - he understands that his Padawan is probably all flustered over making a mess of the meal, and manages to reassure Anakin by praising him for his initiative without having to lie. :) Love the light-hearted banter between the two - it's moments like these that I like to include into my imagination of the years between TPM and AOTC.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  6. GeneralKenobi7

GeneralKenobi7 Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 18, 2009
    Awesome! I love Time and Dimension - you write Obi-Wan and Anakin really well!:D

7. brokenlullaby

Mar 20, 2010
    Ceillean: Haha, yes, I'm sure Anakin would like Rihanna. I know I do. :) And I also liked the line "Smells like home". I think it sounds like something that Obi-Wan would say. I'm glad you liked it! :D :D

Jade_eyes: I, too, prefer light-hearted Anakin/Obi-Wan. Their relationship was probably full of smiles and laughs. I like to think that they weren't always fighting. And go ahead and borrow it. The world of fanfiction needs more Artoo/Anakin karaoke time! Lol. Thanks for the comment! [:D]

FelsGoddess: Thank ya, Fels. Karaoke is good for the soul. [face_mischief]

Valiowk: More surprises... errr... *goes off to make a note of that* And yes, I like to think that the relationship between Anakin and Obi-Wan was a happy one. That makes Anakin's eventual betrayal even more difficult to handle... :( Thank you!

GeneralKenobi7: Thanks! That's a big compliment. I'm happy they both seemed to be in-character, and I'm glad you enjoyed it. :) [face_peace]

And now, onto the goodies...[face_blush]

This week is full of Luke/Yoda mischief. Yay! They're such a cute couple. :p

Week Two

Island

Luke had been standing in a tree, balancing Yoda on his back, and now he was sitting in a pile of mud. Obviously, he'd fallen. The pain in his buttocks gave that away.

?Ah! Help me you must!?

Grimacing, Luke pushed himself to his feet, turning to search for the owner of the voice.

Yoda, once a powerful Jedi Master, stood on an island in a lake of swamp water, covered in mud from head to toe.

?Stuck in quite a pickle I am!?

From Luke's vantage point, he looked like a pickle.

?Stop laughing you will!?

Survival

He'd faced danger before, and he'd always had the chance to laugh about it later. Surviving was something that Luke had been born to do. It was in his blood.

This, however, was beyond danger, and the chance of survival was slim.

?Do this you can, hmm!?

Luke gulped, wiping the sweat from his brow. He had to do this. This was just a test ? the ultimate test.

?Love it you will. My secret recipe it is.?

He nodded solemnly and took a bite of Yoda's latest concoction.

It didn't kill him, but it came pretty darn close.

Lost

Luke mumbled something into his sleeve, and Yoda's ear twitched.

?Mmm, understand that, I did not.?

?Iostmyshaber.?

?Speak up, you will, hmm! Tell me where you've been, you must.?

Luke focused on the ground between his feet. He didn't want to see the look on Yoda's face when he told him what had happened.

?I... lost my... lightsaber. I was afraid to tell you.?

Yoda wasn't angry, surprisingly enough.

?Hmph! Ruined your surprise, you have. Made you a new lightsaber already, I did.?

Luke face-palmed. He'd been hiding in the cave all day for nothing.

Other

Luke picked up the bowl and sniffed it, crinkling his nose and sticking out his tongue when the smell filled his nostrils. Sith-spawn. This may very well kill him.

?Eat it, you will!?

?Yes, Master.?

He cringed, praying to the Force and every other deity he could think of. He pressed his lips to the bowl and tilted it back.

?Good, yes??

Luke lowered the bowl, smacking his lips. His face split into a wide grin. ?Hmm. It's not bad. What's in it??

?Eye of toad and ear of bantha, hehe!?

Son of a Sith.

Flashback

Luke couldn't remember an early memory that didn't involve Ben.

?What are you doing out here so late? It's dangerous, you know.?

?I got lost.?

?Well, blast it all, we've got to get you home. Can't have you wandering around in the desert, now can we??

?Thanks. I'm Luke.?

Luke remembered his smile, friendly and warm.

?You can call me Ben.?

Ben Kenobi. The crazy old hermit.

Something hit him in the shin. Luke looked down to see Yoda, stick in hand. The evil little troll...

Oh, Ben, I could really use your help now...

8. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    So Yoda isn't a good cook, I take it. :p

9. Valiowk

Apr 23, 2000
    I was just kidding about more surprises [face_blush] - please feel free to ignore that comment if a particular theme doesn't lend itself to being interpreted in a different way easily!

Either that, or Yoda's idea of tasty isn't quite the same as everybody else's. ;)

I love the way that Yoda was so willing to show that he needed help, or how much he cared for Luke (even if he sometimes showed it in ways that Luke would prefer he avoid ;) ). Yoda is usually portrayed as talking in riddles, even when he's encouraging somebody to do something, which always made him seem a bit distant, so it's nice to see a different, direct side of him. :)

10. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    [face_laugh][face_laugh] Oh, these were great!! I think "Island" and "Lost" were my two favorites, but I loved them all! [face_love] Wonderful job! =D=

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I can't pick a favorite -- I laughed at each one!! :)

:D

12. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Oh those were cute!!

From Luke's vantage point, he looked like a pickle.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Great start to the drabbles. I look forward to more

=D= =D= =D= =D=

13. brokenlullaby

Mar 20, 2010
    FelsGoddess: Yoda? A good cook? Well, I know I wouldn't trust his cooking. ;) Thank you! :D

Valiowk: I always despised Yoda, and I'm not quite sure why. The Prequels made him seem like a self-absorbed prick. I liked him a whole lot better in the Originals. He was hilarious, and he always had something cooky and wise to say to everything. Thanks! :D

dancing_star: Thanks for the comment! I'm glad you enjoyed them. I really loved writing them. Yoda was actually pretty easy to write, and fun. So was Luke. :)

Jade_eyes: I think laughs were what I was going for, so thanks! I couldn't really pick a favorite, either, so that's a good thing. Again, thank you so much for commenting! :) :)

KELIA: [face_laugh] I think the pickle line was one of my favorites, too. Thanks!

YAY! More drabbles coming up!

Author's Note: I just can't seem to get enough of Anakin! He's just so much fun to write, and young Anakin is so stinkin' cute! (Not that the older Ani isn't. hehe). These drabbles are, once again, focused on Anakin. I'll try to think of something a bit more creative (and out of my comfort zone, next time).;)

On another side note, I had to look up the definition of "scape". Hope I used it correctly! That was a tricky one. ;)

Week Three

Far

Obi-Wan was sweating profusely now. Moisture dribbled down his forehead, stinging his eyes. His muscles were screaming. There was a dull ache in his left leg that wouldn't go away. How much longer could they possibly keep this up? It never seemed to end. Slash, duck, stab. Slash, duck, stab. Over and over again.

"I'm getting too old for this!" he managed between clenched teeth.

Beside him, Anakin smirked, raising his blade to deflect a stray blaster bolt. "You're not old, Master. You're far too old."

Obi-Wan rolled his eyes. He now had a headache, to top it all off.

Prisoners

"The Force controls everything. If we open our minds and listen..."

Master Windu's ramblings never seemed to end. They dragged on and on and on and on...

"Skywalker!"

Anakin snorted, wiping the drool from his sleeve. The other students were staring at him like he'd done something wrong. How were they not bored, too?

"The Force tells us what to do. We are merely servants."

Anakin raised a hand.

"Yes?"

"So basically we have no free will. We're like prisoners." He frowned. "I'd rather join the dark side."

Mace Windu's face had never been a darker shade of crimson.

"Skywalker!"

Peacekeepers

It was Anakin's fourth mission, and Obi-Wan was already threatening to disown him.

"What did I do wrong?"

"Well, let's see... You set fire to a block of houses, accidentally ran over a Gamorrean with your speeder--"

"I thought it was dead!"

"That's still no reason to run it over!"

"I didn't--"

"You screamed at two armed thugs and started a brawl in the cantina, Anakin! Jedi are peacekeepers. Our duty is to put an end to violence, not cause mayhem.

Anakin's eyes widened, staring at Obi-Wan in open-mouthed confusion. "Oh! So that's what "keeping the peace" means!"

Obi-Wan face-palmed.

Uncharted

"Be cautious, Padawan."

Anakin rolled his eyes, looking down at the map as he walked.

"Watch your step."

Plop!

"I told you to watch your step."

"Sorry."

Anakin wiped his boots on the grass and fell into step behind Obi-Wan.

"Stay focused. We are walking into uncharted territory."

"What do you mean uncharted? We're in the middle of Alderaan."

"A-Alderaan?"

Anakin gave him a puzzled look, turning the map over in his hands. "Oh... By "Side B" you meant the back side of the map, didn't you?"

"Don't tell me you flew us to the wrong planet [/i]again[/i]."

Silence.

"Anakin!"

Scape

Mmmm. Flowers. Naboo. Padmé.

"A root is the underground organ of a plant that lacks buds, leaves, blah, blah, blah, blah..."

Food... Casserole. Mmmm

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Super use of the prompts =D= Young Anakin is great for sure. And don't worry about getting stuck in a drabble rut as far as characters LOL I'm hoping to stay stuck with my fave pairings [face_dancing] :D

15. Valiowk

Apr 23, 2000
    Oh dear, young Anakin is quite a headache, isn't he? I'm starting to think that Obi-Wan must have had a lot of patience to only threaten to disown Anakin on their fourth mission together. I was expecting a smaller number! ;)

Great work! =D=

16. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    These are brilliant! I think my favourites have to be the ones with Yoda and Luke. Especially when we find out just what kind of cook Yoda is... 8-}

I hope you finished these, they're a lot of fun! :)

17. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    [face_laugh]:_|[face_laugh]
    those are funny
    well done =D=

18. redder

redder Jedi Youngling

Jan 13, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.