main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Conflict of Interest?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Senator Dzrekpo Amegnran, Sep 25, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vertical

Vertical Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 6, 1999
    I don't know how often PB came to the JC, or what he did when he was here, all I know is I looked at the banned list, and I saw that he had banned Kerry three or four times in the last few weeks... You can see it above, in PB's post.

Vertical

2. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    PB, you've banned him that many times, and you didn't know his current status on the JC? This has been going on for more then just a couple of weeks. I don't think that excuse holds much water anymore.

3. PreacherBoy

PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 3, 1998
    Darth Eric-

"IWMIL's status on the JC just slipped my mind."
    "IWMIL's le mode sur le JC a juste glissé mon esprit."
    "IWMIL's status auf dem JC glitt gerade meinen Verstand."
    "IWMIL's la condizione sul JC ha slittato appena la mia mente."
    "IWMIL's o status no JC deslizou apenas minha mente."
    "IWMIL's el estatus en el JC acaba de deslizar mi mente."

Does that help? I'm really sorry that you don't understand. :(

4. Chyren

Chyren Manager Emeritus star 5

Sep 30, 1998

I have a set of questions.

LC was supposed to have changed the password to the Dopple_Ganger alias. In my understanding this was a requirement to keep it active. Lord Chewy allowed both Legal and Luther - net abusers - to use this alias prior to this. She was supposed to *change the password so these banned users could not gain access to the JC*

She obviously lied about this, or gave Legal the new password. What other conclusion is there when we see the use by Kerry of the Dopple-Ganger alias in this thread?

Lord Chewy is friends with Kerry. Did she not also give Kerry access to her own account during admin status?

How can we believe anything that Lord Chewy says?

I also saw her abusing the rules of the JC the other day by posting obscenities, which went unedited by PB, who was posting at the same time. LC laughed it off, but she also tried to preach to others about ethics at the JC. Hypocrisy.

Why is LC permitted to get away with things that lead to banning, or at the very least, deletion of posts, for other members?

I believe that in one similar case, Paul, this same behaviour led to permanent ban from the JC. And, significantly, that same series of events involved Lord Chewy and Legal.

5. PreacherBoy

Aug 3, 1998
    Actually, Kerry went into her e-mail account and got the password. Bad move. :\

6. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    There's one point addressed.

7. Santee Ordrin

Santee Ordrin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 9, 1998
    How much access to her life did she give him PB? Seems like she gave him quite abit there.

8. JediMasterAlpha

JediMasterAlpha Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 7, 1999
    Doesn't it bother you that that guy has free access into your girlfriend's email account??

9. PreacherBoy

Aug 3, 1998
    Her e-mail is her old JC password. He just guessed. Like I said, he's desperate.

10. PreacherBoy

Aug 3, 1998
    It wasn't a lie. She did change it. Once again, since you don't understand plain English, he went into her e-mail account and got it.

11. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    That's not the lie he's talking about. He's talking about how you apprently don't know Kerry's JC status even though you've banned him a number of times over the past couple of weeks. And the fact that the Kerry thing has been going for more then a couple of weeks is interesting too.

12. Chyren

Sep 30, 1998
    Oh, dear, Joel. That excuse is rather well-used, isn't it? I'd really like you to explain in more detail how Kerry got her password. It sounds like you are implying the hotmail-password scam, which would require the hotmail account to lapse before it could be attempted.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall to the ICQ messages right now.

"####! Kerry! Why did you use that alias! #### you! Now you've blown it! Chyren's here now! OH SITH!!"

In fact, Joel and LC, that's exactly the poo he got you into on the [whatever board it was, there's so many of them] way back when, when he posted the contents of the admin email that LC had passed to him.

He must have some kind of learning disability, because it seems pretty obvious that this would out Lord Chewy's lies, as using the Dopple Ganger alias did here. I felt sure he wouldn't be silly enough to make the same mistake twice.

13. PreacherBoy

Aug 3, 1998
    Is there a reason why all of you guys are asking me things I've already negated?

"He just guessed [her password]. Like I said, he's desperate."

Look, I agree with you guys, this is utter BS and it needs to be taken care of. I'm not stopping you, I'm just getting the facts straight and waiting for someone else to handle it.

14. Chyren

Sep 30, 1998
  15. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    Sigh...

//head shake

Are my posts invisible here?

16. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    And we should trust you why?

17. Jedi Knight Seyrah

Jedi Knight Seyrah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 1, 1999
    ------
    QUOTE: "Why is it that is seems that every dang scandal that goes on around here involves you and LC? "
    ------

I have never, ever, EVER in my life said this, and probably never will again, but . . .

What Darth Eric said.

18. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    Hmmm, while yes it may be inviting, it still doesn't change the fact that I don't trust a word you post. :-|

19. PreacherBoy

Aug 3, 1998
    Because Lord Chewy wouldn't want to hurt her reputation, and get banned like this.

20. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    My issue of trust was directed at Kerry.

It seems my posts are only being selectively ignored now.

21. Chyren

Sep 30, 1998

Joel, you lied about how Kerry obtained LC's password. I would have known this *even* if Kerry had himself not stupidly outed it.

a) It is incredibly hard to break into someone's email account by 'taking a guess'. That is completely unbelievable and I am shocked that you think it would be swallowed by anyone.

b) In order to gain access to admin/username passwords, if the account was a hotmail account, you have to wait 9 months until the account is deleted, create a new one in the same name, then page the forums for the password to the admin/username. The password is sent to the account. Obviously this was not how Kerry got the Dopple_Ganger alias today, because it was registered on 8/22/00.

c) Occam's razor says that she didn't bother to change the password when she was asked to.

d) Kerry has again contradicted what you claimed, by saying "I posted under it by accident, I forgot to log off and log back in under a different name." IOW - Lord Chewy lied. He always had the password.

Why did you lie about that, Joel? Answer me, and don't lie, or I'll know.

Also, point by point, try and take a stab at the questions I raised in my earlier post.

Kerry, my advice to you right now would be not to post, because everytime you do, you get your pal LC in deeper and deeper poo. You are not demonstrating any kind of intelligence right now, you are down to around Luther level. I'm disappointed in you.

Quote of the day:

"Because Lord Chewy wouldn't want to hurt her reputation, and get banned like this."

Lord Chewy's reputation couldn't get any lower, Joel. I'm sorry you are too blinded to see that.

22. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    The original point of this thread, was that Kerry had posted with an alias and wasn't banned on sight by PreacherBoy.

however that alias only made one post so does it matter when it was banned?

Why do you want the admins to be better then human? Are you saying they shouldn't be allowed to make mistakes? Is your overall goal to make being an admin so miserable that they give it up?

People, People, People, please remember we all have lives. Some of us dont exercise those lives as much as we should be we all have lives. If this board matters so much to you personally that you feel the need to criticize the actions of others when they don't meet your high standards maybe it's time for you to step back and re-evaluate what you want from the JC.

Not a sermon, only a thought.

applesauce!

23. Chyren

Sep 30, 1998
    Kerry, hear you nothing that I say?

Wake up, sober up, stop posting. You'll find LC much more grateful to you if you do.

24. PreacherBoy

Aug 3, 1998
    Chyren, he just used Lord Chewy's old password, the one she had on the JC and the one she changed because of his stupidity earlier. I ASSUMED he obtained it by guessing that it was her previous password from way back when.

I was wrong. Juliet is still innocent here. She had no idea he would do this.

25. Chyren

Sep 30, 1998

I posted before I saw his reply.

The facts look a *little* clearer, so breathe easy.

That is not the end of the matter, however.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.