A Conflict of Interest?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Senator Dzrekpo Amegnran, Sep 25, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
  1. LostOnHoth Chosen One

star 5
    Sith Vicious:

I seem to have gotten you all upset for some reason.

No..I am not nor have I ever been Lost In Coruscant. I have never been banned and I have never questioned anyone's right to voice their opinion. I did say LC was bitter about losing her adminship in a thread that Iron Parrot started concerning something I cannot remember. LC did not feel the need to respond to me about it. I guess she's a grown up and can fight her own battles.

C Creepio: Libyans *are* Arabs :)

2. hew Force Ghost

star 4
    I am both insulted and threatened by Creepio's gang references.
  3. FreeBeer.com Jedi Master

star 4
    I bet Preacherboy, or Lord Chewy, or Padme Bra, or Kerry, or Darth Eric, or Vertical are pro gang. One of them has his password and put it in there. I want answers.

GONK NABBIT! I WANT ANSWERS. WILL YOU ANSWER ME? IT'S SO OBVIOUS YOUR HIDING SOMETHING AND I WON'T LET THIS THREAD DIE EVER!
  4. Happy Fun Maul Jedi Knight

star 3
    I am insulted but not threatened by Creepio's message.
  5. FreeBeer.com Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't care which one of you silly fools I have to expose (it'd be all of you if it was up to me) but I'm witch hunting someone and I won't stop until I reach the top.
  6. C Creepio Force Ghost

star 3
    I'm going to say this once:

You are crazy people.
  7. AL Chosen One

star 5

Libyans *ARE* Arabs.
  8. Vertical Former Head Admin

star 6
    What has this got to do with Star Wars? Nothing.

What does the Community forum have to do with Star Wars? Nothing.

The problem lies in the fact that in the Community forum, the members are not limited to what they can/should discuss, thus the probability that they will wander into the offensive is increased, thus making our jobs (as admins) more difficult, and increasing the amount of 'gray areas' in our actions.

So, the real problem here is the nature of the Community forum, and the fact that we even have it. Because TF.N has allowed it, we are forced to deal with issues that do not involve Star Wars. Which, quite frankly, sucks.

Vertical
  9. Happy Fun Maul Jedi Knight

star 3
    The top? Will not the middle suffice?

You're messing with things you don't understand, Beer. Stop, whilst you still can.
  10. FreeBeer.com Jedi Master

star 4
    I heard someone hacked Barry's name, but the IP's don't match Preacherboy's so I want answers.
  11. C Creepio Force Ghost

star 3
    I tried to make a legitimate point about the decline of the JC and all you can say in response is "Lybians ARE Arabs"?

I honestly think some of you (not all of you) some of you have been stuck on this website so long that you have lost all sense of perception. It's like you're in a mode to constantly bicker with other members. Some of you know me, some don't but I used to post here quite a bit. Every day in fact, sometimes all day. I was quick to rush to judgement against people, and took part in flaming and bashing posts I didn't like.

Then it got so bad, that I left for awhile. Not just 2 days either, like 8 months. I only come back every now and then. Being away changed my perception. I am no longer lost in constant bicker, and discussion mode. Since I only come in here once in awhile, I come in fresh, ready to discuss SW, not angry about an irritating thread the day before.

Maybe people just need to chill out for a bit. Take a break from the JC. It'll be here when you get back.

I know I'm crazy and evil and horrible for saying this, which is why I don't like it here as much as I used to.

12. FreeBeer.com Jedi Master

star 4
    This thread is so petty. So very very petty. And it's by people who should know better, much better.
  13. Arseman Jedi Knight

star 2
    the JC in general is petty. especially the community forum. what do you expect when it is full of tools and knobs?
  14. AL Chosen One

star 5
    No, I said Libyans are Arabs. Correct spelling.

I have taken part in many discussion such as this one over my time here. I just took a seat back and watched really, not just because I don't particularly know the posters concerned. As far as I am concerned, I agree with the admins' decision of banning certain people over the past couple of weeks.

I find the Kerry/PB not banning/password leaking malarky to be annoyingly complicated but having read the whole "dossier" I do think that there are people, like Kerry, who are clearly in the wrong and should be treated like any other new or old member would.

Edit:

I do agree about the SW discussion thing. I always found it wird when people hung around more in Community than the actual forums themselves. I found out yesterday that there a lot of people in Community who don't even like Star Wars, but hang out there because their friends do. Eh????
  15. Vertical Former Head Admin

star 6
    I wish more people had your approach, Creepio. I really do.

Vertical
  16. C Creepio Force Ghost

star 3
    Just trying to help you, Vertical.

I'm going to E2 forums now, to laugh at the Darth Tyranus theories. But I won't post. What if I spell Libians wrong??
  17. AL Chosen One

star 5
    What if I sing to you?
  18. Servings per Container Jedi Master

star 4
    PB: You want answers?

Sen DA: I think I'm entitled.

Padme Bra: I want adminship!

PB: You want answers!?!

Kerry: I want to be banned!

Sen DA: I want the TRUTH!

Kida: Ol'val

I have always been a firm believer in open dialogue, including even (and perhaps especially) the unpopular opinions. If there is one place on the entire JC where one should be allowed to defend oneself openly, it would be within this kind of thread. Banning on sight within the one thread appraising the situation -- and then deleting the posts -- would seem to be somewhat counterproductive.

PB: You can't handle the truth!

19. Gen. Madine's Hairpiece Manager Emeritus

star 4
    If most of these problems involve threads in Community and people who hangout mostly in Community, maybe we should get rid of Community!?! *puts on flame resistant suit*
  20. farraday Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Hairpiece.... that is an excellent Idea.

applesauce!
  21. Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Look, my only involvement in this whole thing was to make sure Kerry was out. Beginning and end. The rest I could care less about.
  22. THC-11420 Jedi Knight

star 2
    yo, man, get the stuff straight.

Libyans speak Arabic but they're not Arabs, they're Libyans. Only people from Saudi Arabia can be considered Arabs. It's like calling someone from Australia 'English'.

More importantly, gangsters who wear blue are called 'crips', not 'crypts' like the mangled up geezer from the crypt on the HBO show.

rookies...
  23. AL Chosen One

star 5

Libyans, just like Syrians, Iraqis, Moroccans, Tunisians, Egyptians, Jordanians, Palestinians (no-Jews), and Saudi Arabians are Arabs. Believe me, I know.
  24. PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Thank you for that post, C Creepio. We're supposed to have fun here as Star Wars members. If you enjoy this sort of thing, I recommend finding a BB that specializes in Argument/Advocacy.
  25. Vertical Former Head Admin

star 6
    Here is Senator's message from before, with an offensive word removed:
    --------------
    Okay, I started this thread, and it sure looks like it's time to finish it, Libyans, Arabs, Australians, English, Crips, Bloods, Gangsters, Geezers, Slackers, Freakers, Dweebies, Jocks, Motorheads, and all other groups considered.

The primary point was to make sure that Legal/Kerry was gone, and not being given any preferential treatment. I think that we can all agree that point has been addressed ad nauseum. He's gone. Hallelujah. Now let's not favor him any longer by bringing up his name. He is a cipher, a non-person who doesn't deserve mention. Case closed.

While there are still some inconsistencies and issues that haven't been fully explored, let's cast them aside for the time being and see how things progress from here. Maybe it's time to give some folks the benefit of the doubt. Let's see how it goes. Sound good?

Creepio's point is valid: this is a "Star Wars" board, not the frickin' floor of the House of Representatives for Gonk's sake! So many things are developing in association with Episode II: genuine information, much disinformation, many rumors, even more theories, and a glorious abundance of utter nonsense. Let's enjoy this time, and come here to discuss what we CAME here to discuss: "Star Wars". It is, after all, the single thing that unites us!

Let's set divisions and squabbles aside and have fun speculating.

This is the place where Darth Kimball appeared (and then disappeared). Surely such a spirit of humor, creativity and camaraderie has not been lost.

Let's recapture it. Let's focus on the films we love so much.

Let's end this thread right now.
    ---------------------

The above was by Senator.
    The repost was by me.

Vertical
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.