main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion A contradiction

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by darklordoftech, Jun 29, 2013.

1. MiamiJedi

MiamiJedi Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 26, 2013
    Actually we are getting two this year not one. Iron Man 3 and Thor 2

2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    true

Sean Sinclair likes this.
  3. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Amazing. You are so succinct.

4. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    My hope is the this ST completes the "Saga" and only spin-offs from that point. The spin-offs can experiment with a variety of things and characters, and Im sure that much like the superhero movies, some will be better than others. The good ones will enhance the saga, while the not so good will not likely have much detraction power in the big picture.

The core saga is obviously the most important and valuable area when it comes to longevity and legacy.

StoneRiver likes this.
  5. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    We COULD see a new trilogy unrelated to the main trilogy-of-trilogies saga. No idea what or who it would be about, which is of course exciting.

I also might like to see a visually consistent re-telling of the saga from an altered perspective or new style that would bring the themes together in an even more clear and succinct way. Obviously that would be a gargantuan and presently irrelevent undertaking but in like 50-60 years or so - I'm sure there'll be a remake of the Star Wars saga.

6. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Right, I got what you were saying. Disney isn't beholden to stop with the main series though, I don't know that it will end (or even stop for an extended period) with 9. Whether or not it is the Skywalker name, or just a continuation of the storyline, I don't see them necessarily going on with ONLY spinoffs, as that would get stale before long (and sales of action figures and lunch pales might dip...). George sold SW so that future generations could continue to enjoy, I think there will always be a main story as well as spinoffs going on.

Disney is obviously going to be different than Lucas, and is likely to have a continuous stream of movies rather than an intermittent one. That could end if it stopped being popular, but that obviously isn't going to happen in my lifetime.

7. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Would the Legacy comics be considered part of the saga if they became movies (not that they would become movies)?

8. Granger

Granger Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    Absolutely. Not that they will/won't be or should/should not be made. (trying not to get into territory that might get this modded into the EU thread) They follow the Skywalker line so something like that would seem to fit the episode/saga format.

darklordoftech likes this.
  9. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I suppose it would, given it would (hypothetically) be a continuation of the main story.

darklordoftech likes this.
  10. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    If the OTrilogy took 9 years, the PTrilogy took 9 years, and the STrilogy is scheduled to take 6 years, how would they fit an entire trilogy into 5 years? :p
    (I know they cud do a LotR - I'm just playing)

The Hellhammer When you say a fourth trilogy, do you mean a fourth trilogy in the saga, or just another SW trilogy that stands alone from the saga?

My understanding of it was they will release a SW movie that is an "episode" every 2-3 years until EPIX is done, but while this is happening there will be a spin off in each of the years between. Beyond that, there isn't a plan or statement as far as I'm aware. So it's kinda both ;)

Don't we get 2-3 Marvel films a year? (Including the X-Men and Avenger characters)

11. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I meant the fourth in the Saga, not related to any of the spinoffs or Skywalker-unrelated Trilogies.

12. StoneRiver

Oct 6, 2004

Thanks for clearing that up. I can't agree with that one right now. Until I see how IX ends that is ;)
    (And please, no one chime in with "but RotJ ended with a certain finality and they're making EPVII now"... things have changed, RotJ was made to be the end at that time cuz GL was tired of SW - well documented - In 1983 until the St was announced, RotJ was the end of the story. If there is to be a fourth trilogy, the ST will be made with that in mind).

The Hellhammer likes this.
  13. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    If it concerns the Skywalkers, then I think they should stick with the ten year hiatus between each trilogy. I hated that Lucas made us wait 16 years the first time. But he did make amends by allowing us to get another in ten years, though. Thank the Force for that. :)

14. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Damn. All this talk of "10 years from now" or "20 years from now" makes me realize that I might be well into my 50s or 60s and waiting to see what happens next to the Star Wars universe.
    It's a strange mixture of very awesome and very scary.

15. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Me, too. That's why I say the less we wait the better. At least for some of us.

StoneRiver likes this.
  16. StoneRiver

Oct 6, 2004

[face_laugh] I hear ya bud

17. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    10 years from now - mid-50's
    20 years from now - mid-60's

Come on now, let's get these projects underway...I'm getting old and cranky.

[​IMG]

18. ThatsNoPloKoon

ThatsNoPloKoon Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 24, 2013
    X-men is made by Fox not Marvel so Disney's not involved in those films.

I'm worried there might be an oversaturation factor with these spin-offs in the years in-between. A new Star Wars movie is a huge deal and I feel like if it's suddenly a yearly thing (even if they are only spinoffs) that hype factor will be diminished.

19. Vicarious Fan

Vicarious Fan Jedi Master star 3

Jul 1, 2013
    ? we've been getting about 2 a year, well at least those with out the big Avengers movie. Next year we get Captain America 2 and I think Guardians of the Galaxy. Then we get Avengers 2 after that. Sometime later we get a Dr Strange movie and a Ant Man movie.

20. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Well as long as there's good enough quality we'll be fine.

21. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    The third Ewoks movie is only a matter of time.

22. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I took the every 2 years to mean for the ST films and then a spinoff film in the off-years. So, a SW film every year.

23. The_Coon

The_Coon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2013
    wasnt 12 "main" films the orignal plan

24. StoneRiver

Oct 6, 2004

Yes, but GL included a droid spin-off, and a wookie spin-off so it was never a "12 film saga". As far as I recall it was a 9 film saga, with spin-offs. I'm at work so I can't trawl for proof, and it's also possible my memory is wrong, so if anyone would like to confirm or refute this, I'd be much abliged. :)

Sean Sinclair likes this.
  25. The_Coon

The_Coon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2013
    then we should all be happy cuz that means disney abrams an kennedy are.completing the vision