main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Convenient Charade (Cade Skywalker, Deliah Blue - MMM) *Author's thanks!*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi Trace, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Title: A Convenient Charade
    Author: Jedi Trace
    Timeframe: Legacy (comic) era
    Characters: Cade Skywalker, Deliah Blue
    Genre: Vignette, romance, AU
    Summary: Sparks of romance ignite during an undercover mission.
    Notes: Written for the Monday Mush Mania thread.
    Disclaimer: LFL owns it and I write for free.

A/N: I just discovered the Legacy comics and fell hopelessly in love with these characters. Forgive my fangirl indulgence here. [face_blush]

Special thanks to RedGold for looking this over for me. @};-

[image=http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c228/jadedskies/convenientcharadejpg.jpg]

~*~

The voice under the towel was gruff and clenched. ?There has to be another way to do this.?

?Sorry, hon. You heard the boss. This is a delicate op and we can?t go in with blasters blazing.? Deliah Blue rubbed the towel over her partner?s head one last time and pulled it away with a flourish. ?Ta da! All done.?

Cade Skywalker blinked in the mirror, his formerly-blond hair now colored bright red. ?I look like my father.?

Deliah ran her fingers through the red, shaggy mop in an attempt to tame it. ?So, where?d your blond hair come from??

Grimacing, Cade rose from the chair and mumbled, ?Runs in the family.?

Deliah paused in front of the mirror, inspecting her own disguise. She had dyed her blue hair yellow, which contrasted starkly against her magenta skin. Her attire, a boring shade of ivory, was more conservative than she liked but still revealed a sizable section of her abdomen. After all, a girl couldn?t be entirely clothed. It was simply not how a respectable Zeltron lady dressed.

?I don?t do undercover missions,? Cade said behind her.

Turning around, she picked up a garment bag from the table and held it out to him. ?Too late, handsome. You?re already doing one.?

Cade looked at it like it was a molded mynock. ?Chuba! I?m not wearing a suit.?

?Yes, you are.? Deliah sauntered across the room toward him. ?We?re supposed to be happily married newlyweds straight from our nuptials, so you -? She dug her finger into the middle of his chest, poking him with every word. ?Mister big, bad, bounty hunter -? He swatted her hand away. ?- are wearing a suit.?

Taking the bag from her hand, he tossed it in the general direction of the refresher, growling something in a language she didn?t recognize.

Deliah grinned, leaning in close. ?Just think about the creds. And while we?re at it, we should practice how to act like newlyweds.? Taking his hands in hers, she guided them around her bare waist. ?Now, you should put your arms around me, like this. Firmly, but not too tight??

?I know how to hold a woman, Blue,? he retorted, scowling.

?Do you?? she asked lightly. ?I wasn?t sure, considering we?ve never discussed your?orientation.?

Cade leaned down until his breath was warm against her face. ?You assume that, because I?ve not succumbed to your charms, I have alternate preferences.?

?Didn?t say that, darlin?,? she purred. ?Just afraid you might not be up for the job.?

?It won?t be a problem.? Pulling away, he stalked into the refresher.

~*~

The hotel restaurant was small but elegant, and judging by the number of couples bent over their tables in intimate conversations, a popular destination for honeymooners. Cade shifted uncomfortably in his seat, scratching his neck around the high-collared tunic.

?Relax,? Deliah hissed over her glass. ?You?re going to blow our cover.?

Cade glared at her, but stopped picking at his collar and picked at his food instead. ?Got a comm from Syn. Bounty won?t arrive until tomorrow.?

Deliah leaned forward, lowering her voice as she picked a prua pip from his plate. ?So, we have the night off.? She popped the fruit in her mouth, chewing slowly. ?All to ourselves.?

The table?

2. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    *raises hand for PM!* :D (Gods, I miss SWFF!!)

Trace, this is wonderful! I haven't read these comics but I knew with RedGold's telling me about them and your wonderful story-telling that I'd have no trouble keeping up.

Love Cade! Those Jade genes really come out in that one, huh? [face_laugh]

So sweet, love their morning after talk. [face_love] What a perfect couple! Great fic, lady! =D= You can write so many different people and write them all so well. Excellent work!

3. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    My eyes lit up when I saw that you had posted, Trace!!! [:D]

I'm not familiar with the latest comics or these characters but now I'm really intrigued into learning more about them. You made the two very familiar for someone who doesn't know much about them. Cade has a certain spark and Deliah seems to be quite the match for him.

This was plenty of fun and I loved how you wrote in the cover sequence. Those are always a blast and give the characters a lot of fun things to do.

You made my day! :D And naturally, I'd love to read your PM part to this story. [face_batting]

4. verybusy

verybusy Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 18, 2006
    PM Version??? [face_batting] ... you know i am over 18....[face_batting]#

...and I told myself not to go and get those comics. Well I believe your writing is going to make me logon to Amazon today. :D

What a scene! Mmmmmm evewn in this version .... Just HOT!;)

cheers,

VeryBusy

5. karebear214

karebear214 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2002
    This was fantastic!

I myself am rather addicted to the Legacy comics, and I love having fanfic to read while waiting for the next issue.

Well done.

6. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    I really need to get out my Legacy comics and actually read them! LOL! But from the sampling I've done, you have the passion and sensuality of Cade and Delilah pegged quite well. Great job, Trace!

7. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    *fans herself* Whew, is it my imagination, or did the temperature suddenly rise here while I read? [face_devil]

This was definitely HOT!

I'm over 18, and would like that aforementioned PM, please. [face_love]

8. 1_4_Jedi

1_4_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 13, 2006
    Yikes ! [face_blush]

That was maybe a bit more erotic than mushy, but I'm not very familiar with the canon relationship between those characters so I'm taking it at face value. Great writing though, I think I can imagine the rest of the story without too much trouble at all.

9. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    First, please send me that PM! ;)

Okay, I LOVE this couple! They're my favorite part of the GFFA after the era of Luke Skywalker! Cade is adorable, cranky as he is. :p

The voice under the towel was gruff and clenched. ?There has to be another way to do this.?

?Sorry, hon. You heard the boss. This is a delicate op and we can?t go in with blasters blazing.? Deliah Blue rubbed the towel over her partner?s head one last time and pulled it away with a flourish. ?Ta da! All done.?

Cade Skywalker blinked in the mirror, his formerly-blond hair now colored bright red. ?I look like my father.?

Deliah ran her fingers through the red, shaggy mop in an attempt to tame it. ?So, where?d your blond hair come from??

Deliah paused in front of the mirror, inspecting her own disguise. She had dyed her blue hair yellow, which contrasted starkly against her magenta skin. Her attire, a boring shade of ivory, was more conservative than she liked but still revealed a sizable section of her abdomen. After all, a girl couldn?t be entirely clothed. It was simply not how a respectable Zeltron lady dressed.

Bravo! =D=

10. Musing

Musing Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2003
    At last! Another Legacy comic fic! [face_dancing]

Pretty hot, Jedi Trace. [face_love]

I qualify and would like the adult-rated extra.

11. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    No idea who this people are, but good for them! :D

(And yes, i'd like the PM and I'm way over 18!)

12. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    What a pair! In my totally uninformed opinion, you did a great job writing these two.;)

I loved how you started off--the way you had Cade grumbling about the hair (Cade, you could do a lot worse than look like your old man) and the suit. And Deliah just took it all in stride.

This part was my fav though...

?Let?s dance.?
    ?No.?
    ?C?mon, I owe you something for this mutant flower.? Reaching across the table, she brushed the back of his hand with her fingertips. ?And you know I always pay up.?
    ?No.?
    ?Ooh, you got something better in mind?? she asked, winking as he rolled his eyes.
    Cade turned to watch the couples gliding slowly across the dance floor or locked in passionate kisses, and looked back at her, resigned. ?One dance. And then will you shut up about it??
    ?Whatever you want, sweetness.?
    Scooting his chair back from the table loudly, he stood and headed for the dance floor when Deliah coughed loudly from her chair. He frowned, made an about-face, and returned to her side, holding out him arm chivalrously.

[face_laugh]Such a charming couple![face_laugh]

I'd love to read your PM edition, please.

13. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    I just read my first Legacy comic on Saturday and you have so nailed both these characters!
    Wonderful job, Trace!

Best Mush Moment: "His short beard was rough but his lips were soft and it was instantly apparent that he knew how to use them. Quite well, in fact."

Goodness...is it hot in here?

Bravo! =D=

14. RebelGrrl

RebelGrrl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2006
    I really enjoyed this story. I'm always a big fan of Zeltrons, and Cade is just yummy. You captured his gruff manner really well here.

I'm of age and would love to see the PM scene!

15. Lauren_Solo

Lauren_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2007
    Deliah turned to her side, shifting under the covers to press against his powerful frame. ?But we have an hour before we need to set up to catch our creds.? Reaching over, she ran a lazy fingertip down his hard, bare chest. ?An hour with nothing to do, unless you want breakfast.?

I think breakfast is last on his mind while he's already got a meal in bed. [face_blush] Bad me for typing that. :p

I don't know much about that era, but I know what i like, and that was good! =D=

16. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Oh man, Trace, no one writes a smoochie kiss like you do. :* *melts*

This was charming and funny and very sweet! Loved it! How different from everything. I'm glad you found those Legacy comics. ;) Maybe we will see some more of this couple?

=D= =D=

17. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Jedi Trace:

[face_laugh] :p

That makes quite sense 8-}

?Do you?? she asked lightly. ?I wasn?t sure, considering we?ve never discussed your?orientation.?

:p

~*~

The flower guy moved on to the next table and Deliah sipped her wine, straightening with a sudden idea. ?Let?s dance.?

?No.?

[face_laugh]
    Would have been a surprise if he would have said yes
    [face_laugh]

Finally breathless, they separated and walked wordlessly back to the table. He paused, standing behind his chair. ?You still hungry??

?No. You??

LOL

Deliah swallowed, barely able to croak out the word good before they met in the middle and he picked her up, crushing her in a passionate embrace. Wrapping her legs around his waist, she took his face in her hands, kissing him fiercely as he carried her to the bed.

Aww :D sweet

~*~

Cade wriggled his eyebrows, rolling over to straddle her. ?I don?t want breakfast.?

In a way he does :p

A/N: There is an extra adult-rated scene. Let me know if you are 18 or older and would like to receive it via PM.

Would you mind pming me? [face_batting]

=D= greatly done
    Really liked that one

- Mags

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hey: :D :D
    Checked the MMM index to make sure I hadn't missed anything and found this. Wow!!! Fascinating couple. I don't know anything about the Legacy comics, but they seem to be ... better than the Legacy era ... I heard somewhere that this version of Legacy is a long time after the SW main timeline. Cade sounds a dream bunny. :) :) Foot, Trace. Deliah's a strong woman, just like I like. Yikes--the comics keep them in while pro-fic writes them all out. Go fig. [face_frustrated] [face_laugh]
    Thanks for showing this glimpse into a fascinating time and place, and for the mush. :)

19. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    That was fantastic!!

I love this couple...Although I haven't read the comics--yet...I've read enough fanfic to get the idea of Cade's and Deliah's characters.

They do make a cute couple.[face_love]

Oh, I forgot to add...I'd like to read the other version too...I'm well over 18...;)

FL @};-

20. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    LOL the morning after talk was priceless. Great job. Very cute.

Would love a PM on the other section. I'm over 18. :p

21. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    dang it girl, i'm still trying to cool down from the first time I read this!

:p

You have got to write more Cade/Deliah.... and let me beta cause you know I'm so impatient!!

22. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    ginchy: Thank you so much, gal! :D I was nervous as all get-out posting this ? new territory and all, LOL. Yes, Cade does indeed have his great, great (? - we don?t know how many ?great?) grandmother?s sarcasm and abrupt personality. And her eyes. ;)

MirandaFair: Aw, thank you! [:D] I tried to provide some background info without getting overly narrative about it and I?m thrilled to hear that it was believable and fun for someone who is unfamiliar with the characters. That made MY day!

verybusy: Thank you! I told myself I wasn?t going to read them either, but the story sucked me right in. I highly recommend them. [face_peace]

karebear214: Thank you! :D They are addictive, aren?t they? Like SW crack, lol. And I?m not a comics person, so color me delightfully surprised.

Jedi-2B: Thank you! Yes *waves hand* read them, you must! Regret it, you won?t. ;)

Alexis_Wingstar: Thank you! Glad to hear my plan to increase global warming worked. ;) [face_mischief]

1_4_Jedi: LOL! Well, ginchy said ?fanfic candy? and sexual tension/the requitement thereof is my candy, so? [face_blush] I?ll try to do better with the mush next time. [face_peace] (Love the Ganner quote in your sig, BTW. There?s an awesome scene in the first Legacy where Cade?s father makes a Ganner-esque stand at the Jedi temple declaring: ?None shall pass!? I geeked out, lol.)

VaderLVR: Thank you! Aren?t they fun?? And I do so love that cranky, bad boy. [face_mischief]

Musing: Thank you! I need to find the other Legacy fanfics around. (And I?m working on that Bastion scene. ;))

Golden_Jedi: LOL! Thanks for reading! :D

Blue_Milkshake: Thank you! Yes, Cade could certainly do a lot worse than his old man. Glad you enjoyed it. [face_peace]

Jade_Pilot: Thank you! Another Legacy reader ? wOOt! [face_dancing] Thanks for pointing out the ?mush.? I?m still struggling with it. [face_blush] *is lame*

RebelGrrl: Thank you! :D I?m brand new to Zeltron fandom and I just adore Deliah. And he is yummy, isn?t he? *grin*

Lauren_Solo: Thank you! Aw, you?re not bad ? just honest. [face_batting]

divapilot: Oooh, thankies! [:D] I do so love smoochie mush. :* Yes, there will be more. The plot bunnies are gathering.

Maggy: Thank you! I appreciate that! It was fun to write. :D

Jade_eyes: Thank you! :) Yes, the Legacy era starts 125 years after Return of the Jedi. Deliah is really fun to read and Cade is quite the ?dream bunny? ? if you don?t mind a guy who?s pretty rough around the edges, lol. (And, IMHO ? the Legacy comic series is much better than anything Del Rey has produced recently.)

Flowerlady: Thank you! They?re a really fun couple to write and I highly recommend the comics. [face_peace]

dianethx: Thank you! Morning after is always rather telling, isn't it? LOL! ;)

RedGold: Thank you! I will and I will. ;) And more thanks to you for the pointers and advice. [:D]

Thanks, again, to everyone who stopped by! I truly appreciate it. @};-

23. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    I'm loving the Legacy comics, and this fic was great! Very fun. You captured the characters perfectly. :D

24. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    jedi_of_ennth: Thank you! :D Same here - I'm counting the days until # 14 comes out. [face_blush]

25. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Deliah seems like quite an intriguing character. :p It's nice to have the fanfic to read while I wait for the graphic novel. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.