main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Cool Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Forja-Bingbey, Jun 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forja-Bingbey

Forja-Bingbey Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2002
    Check out the thread under The Star Wars Movies - Attack Of The Clones entitled - **AOTC AWARDS! Best AND Worst - Fill Out a Ballot**

Here is what I filled out, if you hurry you still can vote!

Best Actor: Hayden Christiansen ? as an almost complete new comer, I feel he has claimed his place amongst the Star Wars acting elite.
    Best Actress: Natalie Portman ? So little to choose from this category, I would have voted for the woman who played Bariss Offee, if she had in fact said anything.
    Worst Actor: Jack Thompson (I)/Cliegg Lars ? The funeral scene slays me. I had a hard time trying not to imagine Phil Hartman?s classic Captain Karl from Pee-Wee.
    Worst Actress: Pernilla August ? I was so sad to see her so under used. She was very good in TPM, and nobody, I mean nobody such have to an on camera death like that ever. It?s my least favorite part of any Star Wars film thus far.
    Best Character: Can I still vote for Qui-Gon? No really I pick Obi-Wan, the way he says ?What?!? even intimidates me.
    Worst Character: WA-7, I deal with them at Denny?s to begin with, why would I pay to see it on screen.
    Best Vehicle/Transport: Republic Gunships ? Yoda in the ?Nam.
    Worst Vehicle/Transport: Count Dooku Solar Sailor ? it just seems impractical
    Best CGI: So much to choose from, but to be specific:
    Worst CGI: Anakin riding the shaak, or as I affectionately call it ?ILM jumping the Shaak?.
    Best Sound: Count Dooku?s lightsaber turning on, pure old school Vader.
    Worst Sound: Poggle The Lesser.
    Best Line/Quote: ?It's worse... he's overly critical!? Pure James Dean angst, I love it.
    Worst Line/Quote: Almost everything that came out of C-3PO?s droid mouth. I though George liked him?
    Best Scene: Jango?s Apartment ? A very well written scene that was played out beautifully by all involved, even Daniel. Ewan playing Sherlock to Temuera?s Moriarty is one of my favorite scenes in any film in a long time.
    Worst Scene: Shmi?s death scene? enough said.

2. JediBeldarine

JediBeldarine Jedi Master

May 29, 2002
    Here's mine:

Best Actor: Ewan McGregor -- I felt Hayden was too stiff during his love scenes..
    Best Actress: Natalie Portman ? Um..
    Worst Actor: None, really..
    Worst Actress: Pernilla August ? I agree.. I hate that death scene.
    Best Character: Obi-Wan.. hands down :)
    Worst Character: Jar Jar.. Gah. "Dellow felegates'? Give me a break.
    Best Vehicle/Transport: Um.. The Jedi Starship Obi Wan pilots.. That thing's neat.
    Worst Vehicle/Transport: Wreh?
    Best CGI: The Yoda lightsaber battle
    Worst CGI: Actually. When Padme and Annie are eating in the candlelight and Anakin picks up that pear like thing to feed it to her. THe CGI definitely messes up there. It doesn't seem to enter her mouth quite right.
    Best Sound: Tie. I liked Poggle the Lesser.. and the cool seismic charge sounds. You know, when everything goes deadly quiet.. Then BAMN!.
    Worst Sound: Boba Fett's voice. Gah, I despised that kid.
    Best Line/Quote: Hmmm.. There honestly aren't many that amused me. C3PO's dialogue was hysterical, I was laughing so hard. But I think Yoda's lines right before he whups Dooku were the best. "My old apprentice" just sent chills..
    Worst Line/Quote: "I wish I could wish away my feelings." BAD GRAMMAR ALERT, BAD GRAMMAR ALERT
    Best Scene: The Geonosis Arena battle.. That was just awesome
    Worst Scene: Shmi?s death scene? Amen brotha !

3. Commander_Clone

Commander_Clone Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    My turn:
    Best Actor: Ewan McGregor -- No contest...Just like he was in my head.
    Best Actress: Natalie Portman. Not only is she hot, she's the only character with any real lines!
    Worst Actor: Jar-Jar. I still hate him. If he even counts as an actor.
    Worst Actress: Pernilla August ? I agree too The death scene was a snooze.
    Best Character: Obi-Wan. Very cool.
    Worst Character: Jar Jar. Did I mention that I hate him?
    Best Vehicle/Transport: Those walker things on Geonosis...can you say AT-AT? We're getting closer...
    Worst Vehicle/Transport: none really.
    Best CGI: The Yoda battle
    Worst CGI: those stupid creatures on Naboo. They were dumb.
    Best Sound: Seismic charges...awww yeah.
    Worst Sound: i thought the soundtrack in general needed some tuning...not original or exciting enough
    Best Line/Quote: I liked 3PO's lines. They were stupid enough to be funny. Just what I'd expect from him.
    Worst Line/Quote: everything jar jar said
    Best Scene: Geonosis, everything about it was awesome!
    Worst Scene: Shmi?s death scene? she deserved better.

4. Forja-Bingbey

Mar 12, 2002
    I'm glad to see some folks voted. Did you submit yours in the Official thread?

I'll post just the ballot so everyone around here can do it fun.

5. Forja-Bingbey

Mar 12, 2002
    Here it is...

Best Actor:
    Best Actress:
    Worst Actor:
    Worst Actress:
    Best Character:
    Worst Character:
    Best Vehicle/Transport:
    Worst Vehicle/Transport: