main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A costuming web ring...

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Jedi Girl of Corellia, Jul 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Ok, now to bring together propmakers and costumers into a more close knit community than we already are I've decided to cread a web ring! So go ahead and join!

Web Ring add site

2. Boskone_Kenobi

Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2002
    Thanks for the head's up MY SITE with Plo Koon and the Clone War Jedi has been submitted.

3. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    A bit OT; I'm very confused over this new Webring thinging (it used to be under Yahoo, right?). My site is listed under 3 webrings yet my ID was said not to exist! ?[face_plain]

Anyone can help me here? :D

4. StormtrooperPrincess

StormtrooperPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 10, 2002
    Webring had a period, back when they first left Yahoo!, where you could convert your Yahoo! ID over to webring. But that ended in January.

What you need to do is sign up for a webring ID. After you do that, at the bottom of the main page, on the left is the following notice (highlighted in blue):
    "WebRing Migration:
    If you have a Site/URL that is not yet associated with your User ID you should go here to search and associate. Migration from Yahoo! has ended, January 13, 2002."

Follow the link, and that should take care of things.

EDIT: If that doesn't work, you're probably going to have to rejoin the rings using your new user ID.

5. Mrs_MayimNaar

Mrs_MayimNaar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    I just submitted my site for the webring [face_clown]

6. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Thanks, StormtrooperPrincess! :) I did the migration back late last year but I didn't remember converting my Y!ID to Webring one. :p

Will try it out now.

7. Java_Jedi

Java_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Will submit when finished... I hope

:)

8. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Ok, I've subbmited the ones that have been sent to me. Except there are some that have nothing to do with costuming or propmaking or the link doesn't work. Now if it doesn't relate to costuming in any way then I can't accept it, but if the link is dead I'll just ask for a new link. :)

Thanks!

9. Koshka-the-Cat

Koshka-the-Cat Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2002
    Thanks for approving me :)

I have a question though. The webring box on my page shows as a white text on white box. I've browsed around the webring site to see how to fix it, but came up empty handed. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Katherine

10. Boskone_Kenobi

Feb 15, 2002
    Mine was accepted, so do I get a webring gif to plant on the page or something?

11. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    It's a script that you place on your page... it should be on the main page. Umm... and I set the white text because I had a dark colored page, but I'll see if I can play around with the lettering... either that or you can make a table with a dark colored background and place the script inside that... if anyone needs me to write that code for you I can...

edit: ok I just changed it! So you've got a white background with black letters.

12. Koshka-the-Cat

Koshka-the-Cat Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2002
    Thanks Jedi Girl, it looks great :)

Katherine

13. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Jedi Girl of Corellia, why not add a simple SW picture to it?

14. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Jedi Girl, thanks for adding my site. :D
    This webring thing is totally new to me, where do I get this webring box thingie to put on my site? ?[face_plain]

15. Mrs_MayimNaar

Mrs_MayimNaar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    Jedi girl, thanks for accepting my site! And also thanks a lot for starting this ring! It's a great idea and could be very useful for people who are looking for costuming advice!

[obi-wan]good job.[/obi-wan]

16. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000

Obi-dawn, on the page once you've joined there should be a link that will lead you to the code you need to copy and paste on your page, it's all html.

And I'll see what I can do about a logo, something simple and starwarsie... hmmm...

17. Boskone_Kenobi

Feb 15, 2002
    Ok, whereever the main page is, I cant find it. The http I got in the welcome email leads to a login page that has nothing to do with anything. You will need to provide a direct link to the webring gif, or better yet just include it here.

(Yes, I have logged in, and that also gets me nowhere. Every link I follow that says "click here to get URL code" is false.)

18. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Ok, here's the main page for the ring. There's a join button in the right corner. I hope you can get it to work!

Web Ring

19. Boskone_Kenobi

Feb 15, 2002
    I think I got it. Check out my site to make sure. (Link in above posts)

20. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Looks good!

Two more sites need to have the script put on. If you two want (if your having trouble with it) You can tell me where on your page you want the web ring box and I can send you the code of you page and you can just copy and past that into your web page...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.