1. Welcome back everyone! Wondering why everything looks different? Please visit HERE for more information!

Artist A couple more of my Star Wars iPad Paintings

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by O-Bulent Kenobi, Sep 25, 2013.

Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
  1. O-Bulent Kenobi Jedi Master

this took in total 4 hours. again, thanks!
  2. CommanderDrenn Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Nice work. You should upload more of your creations onto this thread or others. I've never been very good at painting; I am more of a pencil/pen artist.
    O-Bulent Kenobi likes this.
  3. O-Bulent Kenobi Jedi Master

I am exactly like you! always pen and pencil, maybe some crayons or markers thrown in, but now its hard to get used to brush and canvas, its like learning new dancing steps. but you learn it quick!
  4. O-Bulent Kenobi Jedi Master

[IMG]

I've had a lot of request for a Vader iPad painting so I decided if thats what people want, then I'll give you one. Except, what kind of "Vader" painting do I do? i could have gone and done a lot of action poses, a lot of the same "Join me" pose from Empire, but what I loved about this specific image is that its at a moment in the film where Luke chooses to face Vader, regardless of what might happen to him, and that he's foolishly played into Vaders hands. Empire is so powerful (for me) that I thought I wanted US to be facing OUR choice where we walk in knowing full well we might fail, but ultimately know that we give it our best shot.

Also Vader's silhouette is striking as well. I didn't want to kill the image by painting in so much reflective detail onto the mask, considering he was backlit the whole time, he gave off a much more ominous, imposing presence.

Enjoy! :)

(to read about how I lost all the time-lapse capture of the iPad painting just read the ABOUT Section on the youtube video)
    SlashMan, Beezer and JediWheelz like this.
  5. O-Bulent Kenobi Jedi Master

JediWheelz. did the Vader Painting, check it out
  6. JediWheelz Jedi Padawan

Holy...SITH! haha this is amazing!!!
  7. O-Bulent Kenobi Jedi Master

thanks man ! I have to admit, its easier drawing darth vader in shadows than detail his whole outfit!! maybe next one will be more detailed
    JediWheelz likes this.
  8. CommanderDrenn Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Really well done. Just some constructive criticism, if you want any, is that his helmet is a bit odd.
  9. O-Bulent Kenobi Jedi Master

Agreed! Next time I'll do better
  10. Darth_Nub Saga, Classic Trilogy and Film Music Manager

Manager
    star 4
    Very cool - but I think it's time to move these threads to Fan Art.
  11. Darth_Nub Saga, Classic Trilogy and Film Music Manager

Manager
    star 4
    Moved to Fan Art from Classic Trilogy
  12. Darth_Nub Saga, Classic Trilogy and Film Music Manager

Manager
    star 4
  13. Darth_Nub Saga, Classic Trilogy and Film Music Manager

Manager
    star 4
  14. O-Bulent Kenobi Jedi Master

Thanks for the move. You're right it's a more appropriate place for them
  15. Corellian_Outrider Admin FF | Art Curator | Oceania RSA | CR of NSW

Administrator
    star 5
    Welcome to Fan Art. Thank you @Darth_Nub for directing you our way. :)

Since we have a single thread per artist rule, I've merged the four as one and it makes it easier to view your works and new ones in the one place. Look forward to seeing what you'll do next :)
    JediWheelz likes this.
  16. O-Bulent Kenobi Jedi Master

Thanks!! It's much easier !!
  17. O-Bulent Kenobi Jedi Master

18. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
  19. O-Bulent Kenobi Jedi Master

20. Corellian_Outrider Admin FF | Art Curator | Oceania RSA | CR of NSW

Administrator
    star 5
    Heya, another nice set you've created :)

As I've said in your previous thread, we only allow one thread per artist so that all the works are showcased together and among other reasons. You are able to edit the title of your thread to reflect the new additions by going into your first post and more options. I'll merge this with your existing for now and please continue to use this one for your future works.

Keep up the good work :)
    Last edited by Corellian_Outrider, Nov 24, 2013
  21. O-Bulent Kenobi Jedi Master

this took about almost 4 hours. without an easel. i just rested the canvas on a kleenex box and lifted it up just to see if i screwed up!
  22. O-Bulent Kenobi Jedi Master

oh sorry! and thanks for the move to one thread (i'm such a NUBE)
  23. O-Bulent Kenobi Jedi Master

Here is some more of my art except these are more pen and paper art and not ipad.
    this was done on 3 sheets of 8.5x11 paper to create the large aspect ratio of this.
    [IMG]
    I then went back years later to color it in photoshop, around 2004. It was my first time coloring on photoshop something this big.
    [IMG]
    Here's a Yoda i drew in 2001 based on the puppet from Episode1. took 5 hours.
    [IMG]
    This is a piece I drew a few years back for a friend, i call it "Lando's Deal". its framed and on his wall. I originally was going to draw Vader and practiced as a thumbnail but the comic book panels came out instead.
    [IMG]
    This one is reaching a bit into my history. this is one of my first attempts at photoshopping using the Vanity Fair Episode 1 photos and I inserted myself and my best friend into it.
    [IMG]
    I had a video shoot 200 miles north of Yellowknife in 2005 and I called it "Vacation on Hoth". When I got his picture i HAD to do this to it.
    [IMG]
    Here is one part of the box cover that I drew on for a friends comic book box. He stored only his Star Wars comics in there.
    [IMG]
    Here's a Boba Fett I drew for fun
    [IMG]
    This is a self portrait I did of myself a few years back. I also drew myself as 18 years old!!! (i'm 38 now)
    [IMG]
    This is the Long Comic Book Box Cover I did for myself about 12 years ago.It obviously holds ONLY Star Wars comics. I have 2.5 boxes that hold SW Comics but this is one of my favorites (i used to draw on all box covers)
    [IMG]
  24. O-Bulent Kenobi Jedi Master

here is an ink/photoshop color job i did for a coworker's son's birthday. they're planning to print this out as either a card, or onto a larger canvas to hang in their room. Their son turns 5.
    [IMG][IMG]
    and here's the "5" in the centre.

and here's something I whipped up for "May The 4Th Be With You"
    [IMG]
    Last edited by O-Bulent Kenobi, May 4, 2014
  25. O-Bulent Kenobi Jedi Master

Ok that did not want to seem to show up properly so here we go again. AHEM!!!

The 5 year old's 'gift' in inks;
    [IMG]
    Now we have this scanned, have the levels adjusted so the blue pencil crayon 'disappear' and then paint it in photoshop
    [IMG]
    and since he turned 5 I put a big '5' in the middle. Here is that version
    [IMG]
    At the end of it all I honestly couldn't take any $ from my co-worker considering her son is an excitable 5 year old boy who loves Star Wars, and for me, I was that exact same boy drawing & painting this.

And here is my May The 4th Be With You Painting for this year...

[IMG]

You can find more at my facebook page, CrazyPencil/Bulent Hasan Art.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider