main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist A couple more of my Star Wars iPad Paintings

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by O-Bulent Kenobi, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Antlers

Antlers Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    Loving these! I love the angles and perspectives you choose.

2. O-Bulent Kenobi

O-Bulent Kenobi Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 30, 2013
    Thanks! Its weird because I was taking a lot of "ellen selfies" lately with friends at events and the snowtrooper one just became an ellen selfie without me knowing it!

3. O-Bulent Kenobi

Mar 30, 2013
    There's a lot of reasons why I painted this; 1: Because I'm excited Harrison Ford is returning, 2: Empire is in my top five favourite films of all time, 3: Cloud City might be my favourite location for all films, 4: I felt that on my Boba Fett painting I really failed at capturing the Carbonite slab, 5: I wanted to paint a single image that told a story in of itself, and mostly 6: I wanted to seean older Han Solo get some payback from Fett (and yes I'm going off the Expanded universe where Fett survives). I really struggled with this one working mostly on capturing Harrison Fords likeness and this was without practicing sketching his face as it currently looks today. I still think it needs work but other art calls to me. I'll practice with capturing Harrison Ford's likeness later.
    [​IMG]

4. O-Bulent Kenobi

Mar 30, 2013
    felt like drawing a jawa holding a 21-B head

[​IMG]
    then i felt like draing a bossk....LIKE A BOSSK. used only a brush tip pen.
    [​IMG]

Admiral Volshe and Jo B1 Kenobi like this.
  5. Antlers

Antlers Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    You have a very fun, expressive use of color. Very painterly.

6. O-Bulent Kenobi

Mar 30, 2013
    thank you very much! look for my latest painting that I am posting currently! :)

7. O-Bulent Kenobi

Mar 30, 2013
    Here is my latest Canvas painting, which I did over a few months when I had time too. I would have made this in an afternoon but I decided to take my time when it was needed for this. The entire process of this painting being created is documented on my Imgur link HERE and you can see more of my paintings on my facebook page but going HERE
    [​IMG]

8. O-Bulent Kenobi

Mar 30, 2013
    The Boba Fett painting has been SOLD and all $ went to the BC Childrens Hospital :) Here's the proud owner of the painting itself ;
    [​IMG]
    and here's a BONUS SKETCH I gave him for being so charitable! By snatching up this painting he's helping very sick kids in need of new tech and medicines.
    [​IMG]

9. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Nice work on the painting of Boba Fett! Very serene. Also enjoyed seeing the development from blank canvas to the finished form. Thank you for sharing that :)

Your Darth Maul is looking great too. Got the menace showing through with the emotion and pose, definitely has an energy to it.

10. sbk1234

sbk1234 Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 21, 2014
    These are great. I especially like the first Boba Fett one and the biker scout.

O-Bulent Kenobi likes this.
  11. O-Bulent Kenobi

Mar 30, 2013

Thanks! i"m thinking of going and making art based on Star Wars Rebels. So far I've loved this show!

12. O-Bulent Kenobi

Mar 30, 2013
    Here's a painting I did based on how I think Obi-Wan should be in his solo films. Its got to star Ewan MacGregor and he has to be the "Jedi Knight", pen, ink, pencil crayon, markers, then finishing off with water colours we have the ever vigilant, patient, silent guardian Obi-Wan Kenobi. To paraphrase The Dark Knight 'He's the Jedi we need right now, not the one we deserve. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A Jedi Knight.'

[​IMG]

13. O-Bulent Kenobi

Mar 30, 2013

and here's the timelapse capture

14. Flapjack4

Flapjack4 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2014
    Good stuff!

15. O-Bulent Kenobi

Mar 30, 2013
    Here's a Sabine I did from REBELS, drew it at first on a post it note, then imported the image into Adobe Shape on the iPhone, then colored it on Autodesk Sketchbook on the iPhone!
    [​IMG]

16. O-Bulent Kenobi

Mar 30, 2013
  17. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    That turned out really nice and and both Obi-Wan piece could be a moment from the novel, Kenobi.

Also, thank you again for sharing your development/work in progress too! :)

18. O-Bulent Kenobi

Mar 30, 2013
    Thanks!! I'll be posting the next painting's progress next week. Both have now gone to a good home (with 6 kids!!)

19. Pauljwiz

Pauljwiz Jedi Youngling

Oct 30, 2014
    Nice work matey :)

20. O-Bulent Kenobi

Mar 30, 2013
    Here is the album for my latest commission, which is the companion piece to the Obi-Wan Kenobi which I posted earlier, HAN SOLO ON ENDOR (click to view album of the Work In Progress, full image below)
    [​IMG]

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  21. O-Bulent Kenobi

Mar 30, 2013
    Got a new iPhone and couldn't find a cool case to go with it. So i decided to get a cheap case and paint my own images on it. Here we go!

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  22. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Bossk and Darth Maul are particularly good.

23. O-Bulent Kenobi

Mar 30, 2013
    thanks!!

AND NOW.....not art wise but just an annoucement that I am now a part of Generation X-Wing Podcast! We talk about everything that makes us Generation X-Wing (mainly Star Wars!) www.generationxwing.com and please like and subscribe to us on iTunes!

24. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I always enjoy seeing the behind the scenes of your works, thank you again for sharing them!

Also, congratulations on your podcasting position! I hope that you'll enjoy it :)

25. O-Bulent Kenobi

Mar 30, 2013
    Thanks!! I'm hoping tongetnnorenwork posted but have been busy working in my first graphic novel as of late. But in the meantime Generation X-Wing Podcast is now available in iTunes and stitcher!! We also will take questions on Twitter now from listeners if you tweet us @Genxwing !!

Corellian_Outrider likes this.