main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Couple NJO/Jedi Council Questions...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jedi-Ant, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    Hey guys! Just a few quick ones I need some clarification on...

1/ Which NJO book does Kenth Hamner feature most prominently. I'm trying to get a handle on his character for one of my fics, and I'm struggling, to say the least.

2/ I can't seem to remember which NJO book has the very first Jedi Council meeting depicted. I'm thinking it was Destiny's Way, but I can't be sure?

:confused:

Ant. ]-}
    EDIT:Since you've got your answers I'll go ahead and lock this thread. So many helpful folks around here. :D

2. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Yeah, it was Destiny's Way. It's worth noting that half of the council were not Jedi, but politicians [face_whistling]

As for Kenth, his characterization has been pretty bland. Basically, he's ex-military and has a lot of loyalty to the government. Denning has added a bit to him in the few "Jedi meeting scenes in DN" but as far as the NJO goes, there wasn't a lot of material on him. He first appeared in "Agents of Chaos: Jedi Eclipse" but I would also recommend reading his scene in "Edge of Victory: Rebirth," which is probably the most revealing (He warns Luke and Mara that they're going to be arrested, IIRC).

And of course, Destiny's Way... That book is surprisingly important.

3. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Thanks for that, Yoda. :D And yes, I've already made a note about half the council members being politicians [face_mischief] but thanks for reminding me about that.

I think I'll do a quick re-read of DW on the weekend... obviously this has something to do with the next update for Holocaust ;) It's finally back! :p

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    If you want some good Jedi who weren't on the Council in the NJO but were later, DN1 is a good resource :)

5. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Thanks for that, NYCitygurl! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.