A couple of ideas...

Discussion in 'Omaha, NE' started by paperclipx, Feb 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paperclipx Jedi Master

star 4
    A few things to discuss.

First off, we've been meeting on the first Sunday of the month for about a year now. I want to know how that has worked out for everyone, and if there would be sufficient interest in, or need to, changing the date.

Second, there has been some interest trying to revamp and breath some life back into our website. Bob has done an admirable job with it but as sometimes happens, real life catches up with us and we have to reset our priorities. So in order to do that, we need to know what you would like to see on a new, perhaps more interactive site. Craig your collectors area idea has already been forwarded. Also mentioned was a gaming area for the gamers. Any other ideas?

If you cant tell, there is a concerted effort to breath some life back in the Omaha Fan Force. With this being the darkest of the dark non-movie times we have felt the lack of interest whittle us away. Well folks, Episode 3 is now only 15 months away. Celebration 3 is only 14 months away. The fan film is happening this year, within the next 6 months. There is plenty of Star Wars related things to participate in.
    But we are not just about Star Wars. The gamers have ventured in the realm of Dungeons and Dragons. Ren Faire season will begin soon. As will the general convention season. Lets try to get some things done as a group this year!

So please, let us know what you think, your ideas, suggestions or even gripes. Its YOUR fanforce, we cant make it better unless you tell us whats wrong.
  2. That awful vracer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Suggestion #1:

During meetings, we feature Roger dancing on mark's coffee table whilst wear a thong and pasties. Maybe a garter for dollar bills. :)
  3. TK750 Jedi Knight

star 1
    So would that be with the CGI mask on, or not?
  4. That awful vracer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Of course. ;)

Sorry Roger, just kidding. Hi guys, sorry for not being around lately. My job has been working me 6 days a week since right before Xmas. I have yet to have a two day week end, and on my one day off, I need to cram in everything, and/or jsut sit around and nap. I was planning to come to tonites meeting with many goodies, but the weather messed that up.

I think the sunday meeting has worked out so far. It seemed last time we discussed this, that sunday evenings seemed to be the best idea. For me, sundays are the only time during the week that I don't have to worry about work. Sometimes, I have family things that need my attention, so the group might occasionally come second, but thats life.

As far as websites, maybe have a new re-design to reflect the seasons. Just a change of colors,or soemthing, so as to reflect ongoing involement. And I'd definately like to see us get an FTP site set up, so that myself, and anyone else can share our goodies with everyone. That's all I can think of now.
  5. paperclipx Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey Jeff! Good to see everythings ok, started to wonder a bit.

And yes, an FTP site has been a long talked about, and very worthwhile, addition.
  6. UncleOwen1138 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I know I haven't been around physically, but I have been lurking in the shadows. I have tried to keep the web site updated as much as possible, but I know there have been times things have been outdated for a while.

As for a new design, I am all for that. If anyone has any ideas of suggestions, feel free to let me know. I unfortunately cannot devote as much time to the web site as I would like, but I will work on it.

I will look into an FTP site. I know we discussed eons ago, and I actually kind of forgot to look into that, but I will put it on my list.

With my job and family, attending meetings have definitely become more difficult than before, but I will try to make more of an effort.

Well, again, if anyone has any questions, comments, or suggestions about the site let me know. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks, I can have a few different sample pages to see if anyone like the change.

- boB
  7. Rhi-Lan Jedi Knight

star 1
    I've been having some trouble with the pasties staying in place... I think I need to wax. As soon as that's done we are a go!
    A gamers section sounds really great, and I could certainly help with that. I also think some more Star Wars related links are needed. The O.F.F. site should ideally be a "one stop shop" destination for those seeking info relating to Star Wars on the web. I have many sites I go to fairly often, and I know everyone else has their regular stops too. I also think everyone has noticed the picures section does not have me in it and that's just wrong. BTW, first Sunday o' the month is perfect. Weather has sucked, but I don't think interest has waned. The meetings are a great time.
  8. TK750 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think it would be nice to have sections assigned to different people who can update them at will. So, if Craig wants a collectors section he can write the content and upload it with no problem. Or, if Roger wants to put his tabledancing pics online as well as an explanation of how he moves his hips that way he can. Also, I think it would be nice if we had more contact information on the site.
  9. paperclipx Jedi Master

star 4
    Two more ideas. One since the last meeting was snowed out, I have been asked a few times about a make up meeting. While that may not happen this month, it did get me thinking we could always have a "rain date" for our meetings...Say the 3rd Sunday of the month.

Second idea. Since the majority of us are general movie buffs as it is, I thought we could also do a group movie outing once a month. Say on a Saturday night. A night that wouldnt conflict with the meeting the next day, so the 2nd or last Saturday each month.

What say you?
  10. That awful vracer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Only if we can eat at a Chinese buffet before the movie!
  11. craigrr Jedi Master

star 4
    That actually sounds good. The Hu Hot grill in Miracle Hills is great.
  12. sith_itch Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yes, yummy Chinese food, good movie, & hanging out with the elite. It's all good. Shall we start now discussing when, where & what for March? I too have heard good things about the place in Miracle Hills.
  13. craigrr Jedi Master

star 4
    It's a combination Mongolian grill-type place & buffet. As far as movies go, what would we see? There's not a lot out there I really need to see in the theater. There's lots of good movies out, but after seeing RotK, nothing is really jumping out at me to see it in the theater.

On a SW-related note, Big Fish was really good. The wife & I saw it a few weeks ago. Ewan McGregor was great. I wouldn't be averse to seeing it again. ANyone else?
  14. paperclipx Jedi Master

star 4
    Well thats the whole point. We would decide at the first meeting what the movie would be, post the thread the same night, and then whoever wanted to see it would know when and where and just all meet there. So at the March meeting we would look at whats out, or will be out then, decide on something that sounds cool to see, and then go.

So since there seems to be enough interest in this, I will go ahead and consider it impletmented. Our own little movie watchers club, lol. Eating before is totally OK with me, and of course will be left up to the individuals. We can post where the eating will take place before the movie in each thread too. That actually make it more interesting I think, a chance not only to try a new place to eat, but to see a new movie each month.

So with our next meeting March 7, if we have the movie night the following Saturday (that has to be decided....the Saturday following the meeting or the last Saturday of the month? ) that would be March 13. So you can start looking ahead if you'd like.
  15. craigrr Jedi Master

star 4
    We have an accord. Sounds like a good idea to me.
  16. TK750 Jedi Knight

star 1
    So say we all! Just wanted to give some updates on the new OFF site. Due to recent suggestions to tone down the imperial nature of the site the new theme will be "The Battle of Endor" and will therefore incorporate both major groups of participants in the battle. Although we all know that the whole thing is rebel propoganda. Also, Ewoks are BANNED, so don't ask. Anyways, hopefully more updates will follow.
  17. fanboymt Jedi Knight

star 1
    Either way its amazing looking, let me say.
  18. TheMightyTorgo Jedi Knight

An Accord? I thought you had a Cavalier.

19. TK750 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Just to update everyone. Filming of Roger on the table will begin this week. Because of Rogers hairy chest we will be contracting ILM to add the pasties using CG technology later. Fortunately, Roger already has an extensive collection of G-String panties, so everything looks to be set. Apparently in his "more experimental" days Roger tried to give the "Flame of Rebellion" an entirely different meaning. =P
  20. sith_itch Jedi Knight

star 1
    Have you tried waxing? It is a very effective method of hair removal. Then you could just superglue the pasties on. I think that's what Janet Jackson did.
  21. That awful vracer Jedi Knight

star 3
    So, is the meeting set for next sunday at the Casa de Clip?

......I didn't just jinx us to have bad weather that sunday, did I?
  22. Rhi-Lan Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'll be there, but thanks to a cheap waxing job gone wrong there will be no table dancing. (Thanks a lot sith_itch!) BTW... NEVER go the cheap route of getting a wax job from the back of a van with airbrushed lowriders and nekkid chicks on the side of it. Don't ask me why... just take my word on it.
  23. That awful vracer Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm glad you'll be there, Roger. I have a surprise for you.

[image=http://wf.toonzone.net/WF/justiceleague/episodes/Loontern/Pan02.jpg]
  24. Rhi-Lan Jedi Knight

star 1
    That kind of terrifies me beyond the capacity for rational thought. Looking forward to it.
  25. banthagrl Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ok, I read through this thread twice, and I'm still confused - is the meeting at HuHot tonight, and if so what time?

Except for the last two months, what with weather and all, the first Sunday meeting time works fine for us, and a movie night sounds great too, any weekend as long as there's advance notice. We're house-hunting right now, so our weekends are jam-packed, but with enough notice we can set aside movie-fun time!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.