main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A couple of questions...

Discussion in 'Archive: Idaho Falls, ID' started by RABIDJAWA, Jun 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RABIDJAWA

RABIDJAWA Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    I've been doing a little thinking the past couple days and I have the following questions that need to be answered:

1. Anybody know what happened to Ryan Lewis? He's, like, dropped off the face of the earth. What are we gonna do about the newsletter?

2. When are we gonna get together as a fanfilm festival commitee? Even if we scale it back, we still need to plan it. If we're actually gonna do this, we need to start kickin' some @$$.

3. Has there been a long enough layoff from "Reepo" to begin thinking about the next film yet? I'd like to get started right away on preproduction. Anybody have scripts they feel really good about? Or is it still too soon?

4. Are we still planning on rebuilding Gonk? Or should we go catch a Yeti, stick some horns on his head, and teach him how to act like a wampa? A wampa'd be a cool mascott...

5. Does Hershey's Chocolate Milk really come from a chocolate cow?

2. nordicgal

nordicgal Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Yeah, I was wondering about Ryan, too. ?[face_plain]

3. starwars-widow

starwars-widow Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2003
    ok,
    1. I don't know what happened to Ryan, maybe he got fried in Luke's "Closet Reactor".

2. I'm not on that committee so I have no idea.

3. You know Doug has been working on a script of his own and no one has bothered to ask him if he would like to make it(until now)and he has helped other people make their's. Whatever you do I will be volunteering to help make costumes.:)

4. I think he is on the "to do" list but some people's schedules have been kinda crazy.

5. I will have to consult my Uncle about that- as he owns a dairy farm. Wouldn't want to give out false information.

BTW, I think you should go camping just to try to get your mind off of work, Gonk, or anything stressing ya out! Like Erin said, even if it's just for the day would be fun!

4. Ariadnae1

Ariadnae1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2003
    You know, since we are kinda worried about Ryan Lewis's whereabouts, why doesn't someone call him?

And thank you Michelle for thinking I had a good idea. I don't hear that enough, dang it all. Adam, just come. It will be fun. Maybe smelling like a campfire will do you some good. And like i said before, remember the stars!!!!

5. RABIDJAWA

May 20, 2002
    Is this "The Honor of the Jedi" script? I've read that one, and though I not crazy about doing another Star Wars movie right now (I'd really like to do something non-SW next. We've done two SW flicks in a row), if Doug wants to do it, I'm more than willing to help. I just want to make something.

6. jedi5150

jedi5150 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 4, 2000
    I hate to say it, but this is a post in a STAR WARS club's forum, not a film-making forum. I understand your desire to make a non-sw film, and I would like to make a non-sw film also, but I'm not sure that anyone else would like to make a non-sw film along the same lines that I would.

Truthfully, I'm not up to making anything right now, in fact I'm kind of bummed out/burned out by the way some of the visual FX stuff came out for reepo. I think we REALLY need to perfect some of those techniques before we tackle something else.

Finally, I would really like to see the club focus on things besides filmmaking for a while. For the last year, the club has REALLY focused on making first Wan-Abi and now Reepo. There are those in the club NOT interested in making movies and they have waited patiently for us to get these films finished. It may be time to do something else for a while, at least as a club.

I'm not trying to be a jerk here, just trying to keep the club balanced..."he will bring balance to the force"..... :)

See, I am a power-hungry, egotistical jerk!

7. RABIDJAWA

May 20, 2002
    Doug,

A couple of points, and I don't mean to sound too defensive, but I'm sure I will. Oh well, here it goes:

1. I understand how you feel about "Reepo", but nobody's techiniques ever got better by sitting around feeling depressed about it. As cheesey as this sounds, practice does make perfect.

2. As far as keeping the club balanced, there's no reason we can't keep making movies and do other stuff with the club, too. As I look at it, everything we do feeds into everything else. I guess we should focus elsewhere for now, but please don't cast off filmmaking for good because of one bad experience.

3. I apologize for pushing the film thing so hard, but I've really been depressed lately, and it seems I'm always happier making movies.

4. Most important, you guys are my friends, and I was kinda hoping to include you guys, becasue it's more fun that way. I understand that we'll probably have to look for outside help, but I trust you guys and I think we have a good working relationship. Maybe I'm reading things wrong.

I guess that's it. Sorry if I hurt anybody's feelings, but this is kinda important to me.

8. jedi5150

Dec 4, 2000
    Adam,

To clarify my point (I guess):

1 - What I'm saying is that if we do anything, we should spend some time shooting "test footage", figuring out where we went wrong, etc. That way (IMHO) we won't be so dissappointed when it doesn't work, because it won't be killing a project.
    I'm not sitting around feeling depressed about it, just not sure where to go from here. But I don't want to commit to doing work for another project until I've worked out some kinks and know how to do it RIGHT. I'm so afraid that the bad bluescreen hurt Reepo's chances in the contest and I don't want to be the cause of more bad stuff.

2 - You may be correct. However, I truly believe that there are members that get so focused on making films that they aren't interested in/loose sight of anything else. I won't bring up specific examples here, but it has happened before.

3 - No problem, and I understand. This may sound extreme, but at this point I'm so burned-out I could care less about shooting ANYTHING, even my script. If you don't understand why, count how many times my name is in the credits of Reepo. I dumped a TON of time into that piece (as did everyone else involved) and there are other things I wanted to do this summer, and time is quickly running out. Spending the rest of the summer shooting (or gearing up to shoot) something else is not really what I want to do with the 4 weeks I've got left before I go back to work.

4 - I agree, I think we have a great working relationship, thus my feelings in #1. I don't want to jeopardize that relationship because my post-prod work sucks, or my heart isn't in it.

If you and others want to make a movie now, go ahead, but I'm going to bow-out of this one. But there are other ways to have fun besides making movies.

Hope that makes sense dude... :)

Doug

PS - I understand how important it is to you. I really do. I'm just asking everyone to understand that it may not be that important to everyone in the club. Perhaps I'm wrong, and we should bring it up at the meeting and see.

9. INDY-RY_KENOBI

INDY-RY_KENOBI Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2003
    Well, Here are a couple of answers to "Ryan L.'s Disappearance"; since I AM Ryan L. ! LOL

As many of you know, I have been working at the Idaho Falls Public Library this past few months. Well, I have been given LOTS of "extra hours" to work, and that has prevented me from having as much free time as I used to have. Thus, getting used to my "new work schedule", and whatnot, has been a bit tough, and I am afraid that I haven't had the time that I thought I would have to devote to the Star Wars Newsletter.

I think that I should probably resign as the "Editor" , and sign on as the "Co-Editor" of the paper.

I am still VERY interested in the paper, as well as other projects, but I just don't have enough time to "organize" newsletter meetings, and whatnot. Does anyone want to volunteer to take over in my position, and be the "Lead Chairperson" of the Newsletter?

Also, when is the next meeting, and why haven't I received any e-mails from the IFSWA lately; in regards to events, etc. ? I guess I prefer getting e-mails on what is going on, so I don't have to fiddle around with this board all of the time. I use e-mail quite frequently.

Anyway, I am sorry that I will no longer be able to serve as "Lead Chair", but I would be MORE THAN HAPPY to be CO-chair with someone! :)

Also, sorry that I missed June's meeting; I just don't want to miss July's, also... How did getting together on Saturday nights go?

10. jedi5150

Dec 4, 2000
    Ryan,
    Glad you're back! Here's an attempt to answer some of your questions:

1 - I think that everyone will be ok with you resigning. In fact, it's been 6 months, so a new term of service could be issued to someone else.

2 - The next meeting is THIS Saturday at 7:00pm at the library.

3 - Saturdays don't seem to be working out as well as Fridays, and we'll probably move back to Fridays soon.

4 - We have been using the board more than email simply because it's far easier to carry on discussions and fanforce likes us to use it, in fact they encourage us to use it.

Perhaps the newsletter committee membership should be put on Saturday's Agenda? Shoot Erik an email...

Doug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.