main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A couple of questions

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by SilSolo, Jun 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Can anyone here mimic Onimi's speech pattern? My inability to imitate that guy is really feeding DWB...

Also, what color is Jysella's hair?

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I can do it, somewhat. It's kinda like a good translation of Chaucerian snark.

3. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    For Onimi, my best advice is to skim through Destiny's Way and take a look at some scenes there, as well as his "rhymes." There's also a comparison to Gollum that almost everyone has made :p

Jysella's hair appears to be brown or dark brown in her picture in Inisder.

4. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Onimi does more posturing than Gollum, is more of a court jester--someone who pisses off everyone except the king. I thought of Chaucer because has a flair for the more complex words.

5. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Thanks, but the problem with Onimi is that every time I try to talk in the kind of rhymes he does, it ties my tongue up.

I know this is more fanart than fanfiction, but does anyone have pictures of explosive space battles with flying debris, Hapan Battle Dragons, Yuuzhan Vong worldships, large, Sekotian ships, and Zonama Sekot (the whole planet)? I'm trying to get a piece of fic-related artwork done before I fly to China and leave most of my colored pencils behind and all of these things are in the background.

6. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    If you can give me the subject of the rhyme, I can give you some ideas on the wording.

7. JediCallista_1_6_e54

JediCallista_1_6_e54 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    Onimi seems easy for me to write. He reminds me of a character in a book I've read before. Enjoys other people's discomfort, likes making riddles, convulted mind, careful not to go too far. Just drop me a PM with what you need help with and I'll see what I can do!

8. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    "Your questions are valid, no doubts there,
    and what color, you say, is Jysella's hair?
    I will help you, oh yes,
    please put them on my desk."

KT

9. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Thanks for the help! Jysella's hair problem's solved and Onimi... well, I took care of him temporarily when the perfect Disney rhyme jumped into my head and contorted itself to fit the story. Unfortunately, these rhyming muses seem really unpredictable.

10. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    The Shamed Disney One? I've gotta see this.

11. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    The line jumped into my head while I was drawing coverart for the story.
    Original: Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of us all?
    My version: In strides the warrior proud and tall, isn't she the most gruesome of us all?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.