main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A couple of things about the Weekly Task #1 (Read this please.)

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother House' started by Jjanda_Solo, Jul 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jjanda_Solo

Jjanda_Solo Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2001
    I was just noticing that epic said that we'd get the questions for the first weekly task tomorrow. So I have two things to say.

1. We need to finalize what % of our points we want to wager. I made a thread about that already.

2. I got a really crazy idea: the questions are going to be about us, asked by epic. So, do you think, maybe we should post the PMs that we sent to epic so that we know all the same information that he knows, so he can't spring questions on us that we don't know the answers to? I know that's crazy, and maybe it's against some rule or something. I'm not going to do that until someone else says it seems like a good idea. It was just a thought I had. I figure providing info about ourselves may be against some rule or something after the task starts, so we should figure this out now.

2. deltron_zero

deltron_zero Jedi Master star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    yeah, that might be a good idea but it could be considered bending the rules a little. i don't think there's anything in my PM that i haven't said here already but i'll post mine if everybody else wants to...

3. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    1. I'd say 50%.

2. I'm not sure I know what you mean, Jjanda. You mean we have to give the basics again like we did in the PM? I wouldn't mind.

I'm so easy-going.

4. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    oh yeah 50% sounds good to me

5. Jjanda_Solo

Feb 19, 2001
    Well, y'know, when we applied to get into the game, we sent epic PMs telling about ourselves, why we should be picked to be in the game, etc. I was suggesting that we could re-post here the exact text of those PMs that we sent, so that all the information that he has about us, our fellow housemates would also have. Make some sense?

I'm not dead sure if that's allowed or whatever though...

6. JediSenoj451

JediSenoj451 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2001
    50%

I agree Jjanda. I suggested that in the "questions and answers" thread a few days ago but I don't think anyone paid any attention. :( ;) :p

~*Senoj*~

7. Jedi Speewwy

Jedi Speewwy Jedi Master star 5

Dec 24, 1999
    I also agree on the 50% but I didn't send epic a PM. If you want though, I can write up a bunch of stuff about me that would have been in the PM...you just have to let me know the kinds of questions he asked. :)

8. Jjanda_Solo

Feb 19, 2001
    No, it doesn't matter if we specifically have that specific PM.

The important point is this:

WE JUST NEED TO MAKE SURE THAT *WE* HAVE AS MUCH INFORMATION ABOUT OUR HOUSEMATES AS EPIC DOES.

Thank you. Just think back whether there's anything you've told epic that you haven't told the rest of us, and post that somewhere. Thanks.

9. JediSenoj451

May 24, 2001
    Does anyone know what happened to the Daily Tasks BTW? ?[face_plain]

Anyhoo... here's the PM:

Education: Studied in Greece for a year. Currently an honors student in a high school in America.

Work Experience: Taught Greek for a year. Worked in a restaurant for a few months as well. (Not much, but what can you expect from a 15 year old? ;) )

Hobbies: For the past three years I have been highly involved in Public Speaking. I compete both on a local and national level.

I also love the arts. I paint, dance, and play the piano.

Likes: Classical Music, Movies (Favorites include: Schindler's List, Forest Gump, and of course Star Wars), Simpsons, kind people who have a sense of humor and enjoy having fun, books, hot guys (Ewan and Hayden, yum! [face_love])

Dislikes: Arrogance, Brittany Spears, sports (except for a few such as soccer), TPM, Country Music

Personality: I feel that people see me as a kind person. Many view me as an intellectual. However, that doesn't mean I do not have a sense of humor (I can get a bit wacky!) or like to have a great time.

Why I want to participate: Well, I have played other JC games including The Mafia (Two time winner) and The Hogwarts House Cup and had a blast. It allowed me to meet many new members, and I hope my experience in Big Brother will help me get to know other JCers who I might never have talked to. And of course I want a shot at a chance to get colors. (Who doesn't? ;) )

What I can contribute: I can follow the rules. In other words, I can prevent myself from posting elsewhere on the JC. I managed to pull myself away from the boards for a few months in order to deal with real life problems. This should be a piece of cake compared to that.

In addition, I have time to post regularly so I will be able to keep the forum active. I also have the time to complete any tasks you may give us.

Last, I am not shy. I am not afraid of meeting new people (I get along with almost all the JCers I have met) or acting a bit wild. Hopefully, this trait will help keep things interesting and spice up the game in the long weeks ahead.

And you should accept me... simply because you should. :p

10. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    And here's mine:

Age: 25, Sex: Male, Education: Psychology at the University of Amsterdam (graduated), Work Experience: the odd University job, Interests and Hobbies: literature, drawing, writing, psychology, rising from the ocean and destroying cities, Type of Personality: charismatic and brilliant, slightly haughty, and I love:

Inspiring pieces of art and an interesting, intimate, deep conversation (you know the kind: one of those in which all barriers are removed and there's a puff of magic in the air).

But I hate:

People who have turned into machines -- of reason, work, et cetera.

-- Anyway, I could bring all this and a bit of humour (check my bio, first four, five threads) to the house. And I won't leave until I'm voted off.

All the best!

Debo

11. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    oh, okay here's mine...

Let's see, where to begin? I'm deltron_zero, I'm a 27 year old male from Ellensburg, WA, happily married to another avid poster on the JC Kerr_Plunk and we have 6 beautiful children. I'm a graduate of Central Washington University with a degree in philosophy and I'm currently employed by C.W.U. as a library technician. I've only been posting since February but I've made quite a few friends here already and I fancy myself fairly wise in the ways of the forums.

What else? I'm a huge fan of hip hop, and in fact I've been in a hip hop band called Log Hog since 1994. Here is a picture of me and one of my bandmates at practice...

[image=http://www.pfgrecords.com/photos/lh11a.jpg]

That's me in the front, we play shows occasionally, maybe once a month and we've released 3 C.D.s on our own label. You can visit our webpage here. There you will find links to other sites where you can actually download some of our music if you like.

I also love rock music, especially from the 60's and 70's, the only kind of music I really don't enjoy is the modern pop country music that pretty much dominates the airwaves in my neck of the woods.

Some of my other interests include sports, Tolkien, and movies of all types - I especially like David Lynch, Terry Gilliam, Tim Burton, and Jim Jarmusch. I like playing cards, chess and other board games, as well as playing games on the JC ;)

Why do I want to play this game?

Like you said, it's a chance to be a part of JC history. Also, it could be a good chance to really get to know some of my fellow posters, and heck, it just sounds like fun happy.gif It might be hard to give up the other boards and games that I regularly post in, but oh well... they'll still be there when the "Big Brother" game is over.

What can I contribute to the house?

Oh shoot, I don't know... but I consider myself to be a fairly intelligent person with a pretty extensive knowledge of philosophy and all sorts of trivial things, plus a pretty decent sense of humor. And you know, you have to have one musician in the house.

;) :D

So, what do you say? Do I have a shot?

12. Dark_Lord_Erik

Dark_Lord_Erik Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2001
    So, this is my JC Big Brother Tape.

My name is Erik, I'm 23 years old and live in Rhode Island, USA. I've been a fan of the TV series Big Brother since the first season here in the US.

I work for a national chain of pharmacies, as a supervisor. It's a crap job, but somebody has to do it. I've been working there for 4 years. What excitement!

If selected to be part of this great new JC game, I will be the voice of reason in the "house". In other words, I will bring balance to the house.

My interest are baseball(played all of my life), the internet, and just having a good time with friends.

I realize that I'll be giving up posting privilages outside of the "house" for the duration of my stay, but I will freely do that.

Hopefully this information is enough for this application. If anymore info is need, please contact me. Thank you.

13. Jjanda_Solo

Feb 19, 2001
    Okay, here's mine. I think I ran a little longer than some did. [face_blush] I tend to be verbose.

I'll start with the categories specifically asked for.

Age: 18 (will be 19 in October, but I doubt that's important)

Sex: Female.

Education: I just graduated from high school a couple of weeks ago, but I've already applied and in fact registered to go to college next fall and major in computer science. My goal is to graduate with summa cum laude (a 3.9 GPA or higher). Of course, that's to make up for the fact that I was extremely lazy in high school and didn't even quite make a 3.0. Though, I should stress, that is due to laziness and irresponsibility. I am very intelligent and capable.

Work Experience: Last summer I had a job working at an international non-profit Christian satelite TV station. I did work entering and correcting data in their database of people on their mailing list etc. So basically it was fairly brainless typing work. And I did occasionally use the JC when I should've been working. I've done a little work for my parents other than that, and I'll probably get some job this summer, though I haven't started working on that yet.

Interests and Hobbies (besides Star Wars!): I like reading sci fi and fantasy in general, specifically Dune, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Lord of the Rings, and anything by Orson Scott Card, though other stuff as well. I like reading almost anything else, including scanning and flipping through the dictionary and books of quotations (I love words, and I think I have a fairly good vocabulary). I also like reading poetry. And writing poetry and sometimes prose. I've started a couple of SW fan fics, and finished one short one. I've written a great deal of poetry, both rhyming and free verse. I could send examples if you don't believe me, as I do most of my writing on the computer. I enjoy anything having to do with computers, basically. I chat and post far too much. I like hanging out with and talking to people, though I'm too introverted and lazy to be as friendly as I should. I play the piano and sang in choir in high school. I've sang a solo a couple of times and I've written a few songs.

Type of Personality: Well, on the Myers Briggs scale I am an INTP, Introverted iNtuative Thinker Perceiver, which means I am introverted as opposed to extraverted, that I am more imaginative than practical, that I make my decisions based more on logic than feeling, and that I tend to explore all possibilities and keep my options open. Of course, perhaps you already knew what those all meant. By the way, INTPs are supposed to be only about 1% of the population, and, in fact, Is and Ns are rarer than their counterparts (Es and Ss, btw), so I figure that's a way in which I could perhaps add something not so common to the game. Though, someone who posts a lot on the net might be more likely than the average population to be an I and an N. Anyway, on another scale (I don't know its name) I am choleric and melancholy, though also somewhat sanguine and not very phlegmatic. Is this the kind of information you were looking for, or did you want a less technical and more specific to me description? If that's what you wanted PM me back and I can give that.

What you love and hate (including music, movies, etc etc): Oh boy. Music I am not experienced enough in listening to to have good opinions. Mostly I listen to what my parents will allow, which is mostly Christian music, or I listen to what my friends are listening to. So much of what I have is things like Jars of Clay and Michael W. Smith. I also own Savage Garden and Michelle Branch. There's lots of other things I like, but I don't necessarily know the names of them because I've only occasionally heard them on the radio, and even on the radio I mostly listen to Christian, again, to get along with my parents, and because I actually like it pretty well. I think one thing I for sure dislike is country music, and I often find classical boring, but I'm generally pretty open to anything that the people around me are listening to.

14. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    I actually said something to the tune of 'carn, you know you want me.'

epic knows me pretty well already, so there's nothing in the application that i can really post here. my email is always open if you need to know something though.

15. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Name: Derek "wild_karrde" Arsenault

Sex: Male

Education: College Diploma in computer programming that is pretty much useless these days

Work Experience: Spent a summer "working" at the beach (staring at chicks in bikini's)

Interests and Hobbies: WWF, Molson Canadian, DarthBabe

Type of Personality: VERY easy to get along with, especially after a few beers. I like parties, bars, women, and a few things that would get me arrested in various parts of North America.

reasons for wanting to be a housemate and what you can contribute to the house: I want to win one of epic's retarded games, damn it! What can I contribute? Well, I know a crapload about the EU, and am always open to a canon debate.

And anything else that you think will help your case: I'd go insane not being able to post in lit or the JC, which would make for great ratings
    :D

16. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    I'm actually beginning to see how we have been "casted". Interesting.

17. Bithysith

Bithysith Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 6, 2000
    This is a great idea! :)

Sex: Female

Education: High School (in application process for BA in Psychology at U of M) Work Experience: Lots of retail, currently working in the accounting dept. of a large raw materials manufacturer.

Interests and Hobbies: Anthropology, psychology, astronomy, biology (particularly evolutionary biology). I love reading, writing, art, swimming, films, and animals (especially intelligent species like primates, dolphins and parrots).

Type of Personality: Very logical, but with a tendency towards impatience. Spiritual, empathetic, quiet (unless provoked), pensive.

Loves/Hates: I like all genres of music (except Country and "bubblegum"). Favorite performers include U2, Jeff Buckley, Jimi Hendrix, The Beatles, etc.
    Favorite movies include Amadeus, Red Violin, Godfather 1 & 2, Usual Suspects, Ghost in the Shell, A.I.: Artificial Intelligence, LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring, the SW saga, Interview with the Vampire. I dislike alot of recent teen films, and comedies starring members of SNL. Formulaic "popcorn flicks" are also a source of aggrivation.

18. jediguy

jediguy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2000
    Here's my 'modest' application:

So, the Mods gave you permission to do this? They're allowing a new forum to be created? Nice.

Anyway, I am very interested in being a part of this, but I hope it's not going be purely a bunch of newbies in there. I don't think I'll be able to last 12 weeks. I suppose you want info:

Name: Mikhail
    Interests: Sports, Computers, Movies, Outdoors, Fishing, Boating, Surfing.
    Why I should be in Big Brother: I have personality, dammit! After leaving the house the WINNER, all the HOT HOT JC chicks will be lining up to do the horizontal folk dance with me! I'll be the male Sarah Marie, the female Ben, the not-quite-male-nor-female Andy! I am the epitome of flexible. So dammit, you better pick me.

If you need anything else to do with me. Pictures. Tasteful erotic art. I can provide.

Cheers.

19. JediSenoj451

May 24, 2001
    [face_laugh]

This is great. I love comparing all of our applications. :D

~*Senoj*~

20. JediSenoj451

May 24, 2001
    BTW, you guys. Epic just changed the rules for the weekly task. It's a ton easier now. I think we should raise our points to 600 or so. What do you think? ?[face_plain]

~*Senoj*~

21. JediSenoj451

May 24, 2001
    UP! :)

Some people still haven't posted their PMs. All of epic's questions or coming straight from them.

So far, I've finished two questions.... but can't figure out the third one. I looked through a ton of threads in this forum, but nada.

If everyone could finish posting their applications I'm sure we'll all be able to pass this task successfully. :D

~*Senoj*~

22. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Did you receive the questions via PM, Senoj...? :confused:

23. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    i did, you didn't get yours yet?

24. Dark_Lord_Erik

Dark_Lord_Erik Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2001
  25. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Coincidentally, I received them a second ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.