main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends A Crown for a Sith Lord - AU, Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon- Darth_Pixel and VaderLVR, - updated 7/28

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Pixie-n-Vadey, Jun 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ara-gon

Ara-gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2005
    Van's worried about his skin? :rolleyes: Great. That means he's both conceited and vain.

I like Master Kaden, but I don't think I agree with her about Van finding his own way out of his mess. He'll start to feel isolated (if he doesn't already) and that will only deepen his insecurities.

2. ___Sithspawn___

___Sithspawn___ Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2004
    The kid is so...snotty. So, Qui-Gon promised to watch over him, but what could make him ditch Obi-Wan? [face_thinking]

I have a feeling that he will do something very wrong on this mission. I can't wait to find out what...

3. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Oh, dear me. Animosity between two padawans can't be good.

?I understand that there is no excuse for my behavior and I shall try very hard to do better in the future,? Obi-Wan continued. He felt Qui-Gon?s approval in the weight of the big hand on his shoulder.

That is all I can ask of you, Obi-Wan,? Qui-Gon said warmly. ?I know that Van is?difficult in many ways.?

?Many, many ways,? Obi-Wan answered with a slight smile.

Qui-Gon laughed softly and shook his head. ?Yes, perhaps so.? Then his expression became solemn. ?But this mission is vital, Obi-Wan. None of us must lose sight of that fact.?

Letting his expression match his Master?s Obi-Wan nodded. ?I understand, Master. I won?t let you down.?

Giving the young man a pat on the back, Qui-Gon smiled. ?You never have, Obi-Wan. You never have.?

It seems Obi-Wan will end up doing more than letting Qui-Gon down.
    This is a story I am half afraid to read yet can't avoid. Obi's going down! Not good.

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Obi-Wan nodded and hung his head. ?Yes, Master,? he replied quietly. He followed behind Qui-Gon, literally biting his tongue to keep the words from spilling forth and getting him into even more trouble.

Good, he shows some restrain.

?That is all I can ask of you, Obi-Wan,? Qui-Gon said warmly. ?I know that Van is?difficult in many ways.?

?Many, many ways,? Obi-Wan answered with a slight smile.

Qui-Gon laughed softly and shook his head. ?Yes, perhaps so.?

Ahhh, good to see that Qui-Gon is aware of things. :) Woew, not only does Qui-Gon know, but Van's own master is aware. Hmmm, then something should be done in the master/padawan area. o_O

?If?? she took a deep breath. ?If anything should happen to me, would you promise me that you would look after Van??

Oh dear, that is not a good conversation. I know fear for Master Kaden health.

5. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Sorry I missed the last post! They were both excellent! I love the banter and animosity between the two padawans - what I love especially is that Obi-Wan is acting his age. I hate reading fics with a young Obi who is completely in control of his temper and already the wise old Ben from ANH. Here, he's right where he should be when faced with someone he doesn't like. :)

I'm worried about Master Kaden, though. :( I want her to be fine so Van will be out of Qui-Gon's hands. And Qui-Gon! Brandies all around! [face_dancing]

Excellent post, can't wait for more!

-Krystal

6. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    Yuck, I really don't like Van [face_beatup] ...Lovely interaction between Qui and Obi...I'm worried about what you have instore for us though... [face_worried]

A bad feeling I have....

=D= keep the pms coming!

7. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I think Van's master was right to let Van learn to deal with his own messes. After all, he's training to be a Knight and he has to learn diplomacy.... sometime.

Obi-Wan better watch it, though. I think Qui-Gon's not too happy with him right now. He needs to keep in mind what is most important - the mission and his relationship with Qui-Gon, not some foolish boy that has his own problems.

Good job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.