main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends A Cry in the Dark (8 years before TPM Qui/Obi/ OC's, AU) Author Notes 06/30/07

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Aya-Na_Bashu, Jul 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    Great update!

May I be of assistance, Master Jinn??

?No. Thank you, Master Nu, I can find what I need.?

//Gods! Doesn?t that women ever sleep?//

Oh, this made me [face_laugh]

I look forward to reading more!

2. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    Wow![face_praying] I just found this story, and man, am I glad I caught up. [face_dancing] This is amazing! Great Job!=D=

Congrats on a job well done

3. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Master Bashu...hmmm I know I've heard of her.

I think I have read a few of her mission reports. She doesn't come off as uncivil and no where near the rogue that is QGJ.

4. Aya-Na_Bashu

Aya-Na_Bashu Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2005
    Two posts in one day. The Force is smiling on someone.

Chapter 9

As the eleventh hour approached, Aya-Na Bashu paced outside the Council Chambers. She wasn?t irritated, she wasn?t even mildly upset. Aya-na was furious. How dare the Council call her back from vacation. For the past two years it had been one mission after another with barely enough time between to repack her clothes. She hard worked hard for this vacation and the Council was going to find out exactly how she felt about being recalled.

Qui-Gon could feel Aya-Na?s rage before he exited the lift. He hadn?t set eyes on her in years and already he could feel a headache starting. It was just something else he had known he could look forward to. She always brought trouble of some sort and he doubted this would be any different.

?Master Bashu?

?Jinn. You better hope I never find out you had anything to do with our being put together as a team.?

?It?s good to see you, too, Bashu. And no, I didn?t. You have Mace to thank for that. Believe me, you are the very last person in the Order I would ever request to be teamed with.?

//Focus, Qui-Gon. It won?t do any good to be at each others? throats before the mission even leaves the Temple. Gods! That woman is enough to make even Yoda turn. Mace, ol? buddy, you owe me big time for this one!//

// Mace! I should have known. That man takes perverse pleasure in sticking his nose where it isn?t wanted. How did he ever get to be a Councilor? We?ll see how well he survives this time.//

By the time the Council was ready to brief the five teams, Qui-Gon and Aya-Na were at opposite ends of the waiting area. The four remaining teams were trying hard to ensure there would be no blood spilt in the Temple this day. They couldn?t guarantee the same for the rest of the mission.

Before everyone settled in for the briefing, Aya-Na rounded on Mace Windu and shot him a glare that would make the Hutts? blood run cold.

?What in the seven Sith Hells kind of game are you playing, Windu??

?I assure you, Master Bashu, this is no game.?

?Ri-ight. And I?m just some droid you think you can push all over the game table! Give it a rest, Windu.?

Qui-Gon felt his headache increase beyond the merely uncomfortable stage.

//If she?s like this now, how much worse was it going to get? And don?t kid yourself, old man, it will get worse. Force! I?d land in a nest of gundarks!//

?Control your emotions you will, Master Bashu, or confined to the Temple you will be.?

?Confine me then, at least it would be a well-earned vacation.? And with that, Aya-Na crossed her arms and stood quietly seething for the rest of the briefing.

?Now, a rescue mission to discuss, we have.? Yoda looked pointedly at Aya-Na, daring her to utter another word. ?To Nar Shaddaa, you must go. A force sensitive child in danger, you will find there. Strong in the Force, this child is. Left on her own, she must not be. Held, she is, by Poble Suda. Deal with him, you must. At eighth hour tomorrow, leave the Temple the transport will. Master Jinn, anything to add you have??

?Yes, Master Yoda, I do. I can?t stress enough the importance of this mission. If don?t we don?t get to this child and train her, she could be a powerful weapon in the wrong hands.?

?She is being held by Poble Suda. Suda, until recently, was in prison for selling children into slavery. He managed to escape. How? We don?t know the details, but it appears he had help, I suspect from the Hutts. Nar Shaddaa is in Hutt space, so it?s likely he?s under their protection.?

?I don?t think I need to tell anyone here that this is a dangerous mission. I expect everyone to stay on alert. That means sleeping on shifts if need be. We have the element of surprise on our side, Suda isn?t force sensitive so, unless someone?s told him, he doesn?t know she?s broadcasting. This works both for and against us. There are other Force-sensitives out there that may also be looking for this girl.?

?I have made the report of our last mission against Suda availa

5. aden

aden Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2005
    *anakins voice* this is where the fun begins *anakins voice*

[face_laugh]

By the way, Master, I finished the vid. I'll send it to you next time your online. :)

6. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Wow Aya this is terrific two posts[face_dancing]
    and what is making Master Bashu angry.:mad:
    Cannot wait to find out what grudge
    she has with Qui-Gon[face_devil]

great story.

7. Mind_Tricked

Mind_Tricked Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 1, 2005
    YAY! Two updates! [face_dancing]

Terrific chapters! =D= =D= =D=

She?s never once, in the years I?ve known her, played by the rules.
    Qui-Gon's words were enough to introduce the new character. And she has a nice name too! ;)

Poor Council to have to deal with TWO renegades. LOL And what was Mace thinking making them a team? [face_thinking]

If she?s like this now, how much worse was it going to get?
    I think I'm even more curious than he is! :D

Do try to be civil
    Please no! ;) For the sake of the story! :D

8. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    Two wonderfully done post.=D= Yay!!!!!!:D

9. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Two great posts! Just what I needed this morning! =D=

10. Aya-Na_Bashu

Jul 14, 2005
    Hi, ya'll. Just a quick note here.

If you want me to PM you for future updates, I need for you to let me know specifically that you do want PMs. My computer has taken to eating the occassional file and my list appears to have been the latest delicacy on the menu. Fortunately, my story files are not on my hard drives.

Thanks for reading, that's why I write.

Aya

11. Aya-Na_Bashu

Jul 14, 2005
    And now for the replies. =D=

Gkilkenny, Qui-gon can be very thick-headed. The occassional slap up beside the head usually takes care of that.

Master Bashu is definately one of a kind amongst the Jedi. As a follower of the Living Force, she will always follow the will of the Force instead of the Code. That's why she's considered a renegade.

I'm planning, sometime before next Christmas :D , to write a separate story on the past mission history. That'll give a much clearer picture of what the bad blood is between them.

SiriKenobi12, Thanks for reading. I'm glad you're enjoying my little tale.

PadawanKitara, Master Bashu...hmmm I know I've heard of her. I think I have read a few of her mission reports.

You've been reading Master Bashu's mission reports? :eek: What did you do to earn that kind of punishment? I'd rather sit through one of Palpatine's self-aggrandizing speechs in the Senate than read one of Bashu's reports.

At least now you know how not to write mission reports. ;) [face_laugh]

Mind_Tricked, Don't worry about Qui-Gon and Aya-Na being civil towards one another. ;) Won't happen in this life, and I'm not even certain it'll happen after they've become one with the Force.

kenobiwanobi, Two wonderfully done post.
    Thank you. [face_blush]

VaderLVR64, I'm glad to have helped ease you into the morning. [face_coffee]

I'm glad everyone's enjoying the story, I'm having a blast writing it, especially now that Aya-Na's on the mission. There are new posts in the works (Aya-Na threatened me if I didn't). I hope to have at least one new post up by the time classes start back late next week.

12. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    Oh wow, I am really glad that I peeked in here! I am curious to see how this plays out and I love your depiction of Yoda. PMs, please?[face_batting]

13. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    After you said that, I know I have read a few of her reports (even if she did use a pen name that greatly resembles one of the attorney's in my office) Punishment Indeed!

I think she has every right to be grumpy after being pulled off vacation. I would be (looks over shoulder)... Oh no..Master says I'm never grumpy, just sarcastic!

14. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
    Uh-oh! Sounds like Qui-Gon is gonna have a Haytime a woman name Aya-Na Bashu? I wonder who that can be? [face_thinking] 8-} Update soon!

15. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Two great posts! Poor Qui trying to deal with Aya-na, another "renegade" like him. Surprising that they don't actually get along. But it just makes it more fun for us, I think. :D Mace is really getting on the bad side of Qui and Aya. [face_shame_on_you] I'm glad Yoda will be looking after Obi. Obi won't be happy being left behind when he's recovered though.

Thanks for the pm, and please continue! :)

16. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    By the time the Council was ready to brief the five teams, Qui-Gon and Aya-Na were at opposite ends of the waiting area. The four remaining teams were trying hard to ensure there would be no blood spilt in the Temple this day. They couldn?t guarantee the same for the rest of the mission.

[face_thinking] Hmmmm... A bad temper, Aya-Na has.

?Control your emotions you will, Master Bashu, or confined to the Temple you will be.?

?Confine me then, at least it would be a well-earned vacation.? And with that, Aya-Na crossed her arms and stood quietly seething for the rest of the briefing.

:mad: Yes, a very bad temper!

This is going to be one wild mission, and Qui-Gon had better pack plenty of headache remedies! [face_laugh]

Can't wait to read more! :D

Thanks for the PM! [face_batting]

HAPPY NEW YEAR !

17. Aya-Na_Bashu

Jul 14, 2005
    Zonoma, - Welcome, I'm also glad you peeked. ;) As to how it's going to play out, well ... [face_whistling] Yoda is a fun character to write.

PadawanKitara - I still can't read Aya-Na's reports. They put me to sleep. Nothing at all like her personality.

LilQui-Gon - Qui-Gon's definately going to have his hands full with Aya-Na. She will certainly test his ability to control his emotions. But then, Qui-Gon is a renegade, he may chuck the control and let her have it verbally. Naaaa, he's too much of a gentleman for that, no matter who's pushing him. Stay tuned, we'll find out.

Jedi_Tigris - Take two renegades that don't see eye-to-eye. Add into the mix one history of bad blood. Stir well, and you get a lot of butting of heads This is going to be one wild mission, and Qui-Gon had better pack plenty of headache remedies!.

I think Mace would be miserable if he wasn't on someone's bad side. It's what he does best.

As far as Obi-Wan's concerned, he'll show that stiff upper lip he's so famous for.

Star_Drifter - This is going to be one wild mission, and Qui-Gon had better pack plenty of headache remedies!

Wild, Don't you know it! I'd love to be a fly on the wall, or have a vidcam hidden somewhere on the transport. ;)

Qui-Gon's got the meds in his pocket and extras in his pack. Rumor has it that he cleaned out the infirmary of their entire stock. He's been on missions with Aya-Na before, He's making certain he's very well prepared.

With all he has to do, Qui-Gon's being very helpful with the next post. I can't say the same for Aya-Na, she's holed up in her quarters and refusing to speak to anyone. :rolleyes: The next post will be out when I can bribe Aya-Na to come out and play.

18. Roain_Xantos

Roain_Xantos Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2005
    still catching up on the reading, but i like so far.

-Roain <><

19. Artanis

Artanis Jedi Master star 2

May 10, 2005
    I really enjoyed the posts, Aya-Na_Bashu! I can't wait to see how the mission plays out... [face_mischief]

[face_laugh] She's not afraid of anything, is she?

Thanks for the PM, and great job on the updates. :)

20. Aya-Na_Bashu

Jul 14, 2005
    Wow, someone has nominated this story for an award. Thank you, I'm rather speechless at the moment. :eek:

The next post is in the works. I haven't forgotten about Eddiyah and her tormenter, they'll be back after the next post.

21. Tiffanty1

Tiffanty1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 5, 2005
    Master I forgot to say "Congrats on the nomination for your story!" unfortunately I didn't nominate you. I didn't even know about the awards till recently. I do wish you to finish the next part of your story. I am in suspence waiting.

Tiffanty

22. Aya-Na_Bashu

Jul 14, 2005
    I know it's been a while, my RL writing took over my life.

Chapter 10

?Is there anything I can help you with, Master?? Obi-Wan asked as Qui-Gon finished packing for the mission.

?Thank you, Obi-Wan, I have everything I will need, including plenty of meds for severe headaches.?

Obi-Wan raised a questioning eyebrow at his master. ?Why would you need that much for a headache??

?Because I know I?m going to need it before we?ve even left Coruscant?s atmosphere. Because of one of the team members? ability to imitate a youngling.?

?Did Master Windu assign Master Bashu to this mission, Master??

?Nothing escapes your attention, does it, Padawan??

?Not if I can help it, oh Master mine.?

?You sound as if you?re feeling better Obi-Wan, however, the answer is still no. You cannot go on this mission.?

?But, Master, ??

?No ?buts?, Padawan. As much as I?d rather have you at my back, I don?t want to have to carry you if the assaults start again. We don?t have healers going on this mission, and if you should have need of one, I?d rather you were here. By staying here and continuing your recovery, you will be helping me far more than anyone else on the mission.?

?I know, Master,? Obi-Wan sighed, ?it?s just that I?m not sure if I trust Master Bashu to look after you if something happens.?

?She is a Jedi Master and you will show her the respect due, Obi-Wan.? Qui-Gon reminded Obi-Wan a little more sternly than he intended. More gently, ?no matter how she chooses to behave, she does know how to cover my back, and she?s good at what she does. I don?t have to like being partnered with her, but I can trust her.?

?Yes, Master, I understand.?

?Now, are you packed to stay with Master Yoda??

?I have everything I think I?ll need. If I?ve forgotten something, I can come back and get it. It?s not as if I?ll be a galaxy away. Besides, I?m leaving my astrophysics project here and will be returning to work on it.?

?You can take your pack with you when we go to Yoda?s for late meal.?

While it might have been peaceful in the Jinn/Kenobi quarters, it was anything but in Mace Windu?s office.

A tornado by the name of Aya-Na Bashu had blown in. The hours since the mission briefing had done little to improve her attitude, if anything, Aya-na was in an even worse mood than before and Mace was catching the full fury of her storm.

?You have yet to adequately explain to me why I?m assigned to this mission with that man in charge. I expect, no, I demand a full explanation and I expect it now!? Aya-na was positively seething as she paced in front of the councilor?s desk.

Mace rubbed at his temples in an attempt to make his uncooperative headache go away. He knew without a doubt, that he was going to owe Qui-Gon more than one huge favor for this one.

?Master Bashu, I shouldn?t need to remind you that you serve this order of your own free will No one has forced you to stay. Now, Sit Down!? Mace didn?t raise his voice to the angry master, but he did add a bit of the Force with his words.

Aya-Na complied with a snort.

?Thank you. Now as to an explanation, I added you to this mission, not as means to annoy you, but to take control of the situation in the event that something happens to Qui-Gon. He knows more about Poble Suda than any other person alive. However, his padawan is one of those effected by this assault so there my be times his focus slips a bit. He knows where his responsibilities lie, so I don?t expect it to be a problem, but should he become incapacitated I expect you to step in. By incapacitated I mean unconscious.?

?I also expect you to be civil. He?s already agreed to be civil if you will be. You are to abide by his orders without an argument. If you have reason to question his decision than you are to present your evidence. Qui-Gon will listen to what you have to say if you present it calmly and rationally."

?Did that explain your assignment adequately? Do you have any other questions, Master Bashu??

?That explanation covered everything, Master Windu. I

23. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

So they have special Bashu headache pills
    boy she gives every one a headache :oops:
    "What is her Problem"[face_shame_on_you]

Great Post Thanks and can you PM me please:D

24. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
    :mad: She's getting on my nerves! Annoying little Twit! I better calm down or I'll bust a vessel. Thanks for the PM! :D

Edit: BTW I like your signature. Step away from Qui-Gon and no one will get hurt! [face_laugh]

25. aden

aden Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2005
    lol just reading about her gives me a headache. :p
    Thanks for telling me about the update.

Obi-Wan raised a questioning eyebrow at his master. â??Why would you need that much for a headache?â??

lol. Keeps getting better, Master... [:D]:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.