main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A cry in the Night...Anakin/Obi-Wan/Shmi...AU/Drama...Updated 3/3/06

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by KELIA, Feb 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Title: A Cry in the Night
    Author: Kelia
    Characters: Anakin, Obi-Wan, Shmi, Owen and Beru
    Genre: AU, very AU
    Timeframe: Just prior to AOTC
    Summary: Anakin and Obi-Wan are returning to Coruscant after a mission when Anakin is plagued by a fimiliar nightmare.
    Author Notes: This was originally going to be a one post deal but has turned into at least 3, possibly 4. If you'd like to receive a PM when I update, please let me know. I hope you enjoy!

PM LIST

River_Stone
    Star_Angel
    Apprentice_To_Master
    Darth_Father-in-law
    aden
    sithhappens6
    iLoveAnakin7
    VA_Parky
    MoeTharen

Screaming...pain...He saw his mother?s face twisted in agony as she cried out in terror...?Anakin...help me!...please...help me!'

?Mom!? Anakin screamed bolting into an upright position. He frantically scanned the room, breathing heavily as the realization it had all been a dream settled in his mind.

?Anakin.? Obi-Wan called out rushing to him from the front of the ship. ?Are you alright??

He paused taking in the sight of a sweaty, shivering Anakin.

?It?s...my...my mother.? Anakin gasped. Obi-Wan crossed the room and squeezed Anakin?s shoulder.

?She?s suffering.? He shuddered.

?Not all dreams are visions.? Obi-Wan offered tightening his grip. ?Perhaps it was just a nightmare.?

?No!? Anakin insisted. ?I saw her as clearly as I see you.? His blue eyes turned frantically to Obi-Wan. ?They?re slowly killing her.?

?Who?? Obi-Wan probed.

?I don?t know.? Anakin groaned hanging his head as tears began to fall down his cheeks.

?Watto?? Obi-Wan guessed.

Anakin?s head snapped up. ?If Watto has hurt her, I?ll tear the wings off his back.? He hissed.

Obi-Wan flinched at the venom in Anakin?s voice. ?Let?s not jump to conclusions.? He replied.

?Master, I have to go to her.? Anakin implored. Obi-Wan sighed.

?Please.? Anakin pleaded. ?I need to help my mother.?

Obi-Wan was silent for a moment, studying the desperation in Anakin?s eyes.

?Alright.? He finally agreed. ?Since Tatooine is on the way back to Coruscant a quick stop won?t put us too far behind schedule.?

?Thank you, Master.? Anakin breathed in relief.

WATTO?S SHOP - TATOOINE

The rickshaw carrying Anakin and Obi-Wan came to a halt in front of Watto?s shop. Anakin paused starring at the building, a flood of memories washing over him.

?We should get going.? Obi-Wan interrupted a few moments later. Nodding, Anakin climbed out of the rickshaw and followed Obi-Wan into the shop.

They found Watto behind the counter fiddling with a broken piece of equipment.

?Chut chut Watto.? Anakin greeted stopping directly in front of him.

Watto glanced up at him suspiciously. ?Ke booda?? He asked.

?Ding mi chasa hopa.? Anakin replied taking the equipment from Watto?s hands. He manipulated it expertly until it whirred back to life.

Watto?s eyes widened in shock. ?Ani?? He gasped. ?Little Ani??

Anakin nodded smiling widely. ?Hello Watto.?

?Weehoo!? Watto cried. ?Look at you. Ya sure sprouted.?

Obi-Wan suppressed a laugh.

?I?m looking for my mother.? Anakin stated flatly.

?Oh...uh...Shmi?? Watto scratched his chin. ?Uh...she?s not mine anymore. I sold her.? He confessed.

?Sold her!? Anakin shouted. ?To who??

Obi-Wan grabbed his arm.

?Anakin.? He warned.

?Years ago.? Watto admitted sheepishly eyes darting between the two. ?But it?s not as bad as it sounds.? He explained. ?I sold her to a moisture farmer who freed her and then married her. Can ya beat that??

Anakin sighed. ?Where are they??

Watto thought for a moment. ?On the other side of Mos Eisley.? He replied reaching for a book. ?I have the exact location here in my records. Here.? He said pointing. ?Here is where the farm is located.?

LARS HOMESTEAD

Anakin and Obi-Wan walked quickly towards the homestead.

?Try to relax Anakin.? Obi-Wan advised.

?I can?t believe I?m finally going to see her again.? Anakin breathed as they came across a very t

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Looking forward to more on this one! =D=

3. River_Stone

River_Stone Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 2005
    I think this is an excellent AU story. I like how you've described Anakin's anger and how Obi-Wan anchors and smooths out his more volatile emotions. I'd love to see what difference this will make towards Star Wars...The Tusken Raider incident was perhaps the turning point for the young Jedi.

If you could PM me when the next post is up I would be most grateful. I'm not on the internet often and I would hate to miss it.

Good job =D=

4. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Hmm, so Cliege is dead, huh? But if Obi- Wan is going with Anakin, then maybe he won?t go all bad and kill the Tuscans, but maybe they to what they did on Mustafar? Oh, the possibilities[face_thinking] . Please post soon[face_praying] and could you add me to the pm list, thanx.

5. Apprentice_To_Master

Apprentice_To_Master Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2006
    Excellent Story! I would love to see the next update. Will Anakin find Schmi and rescue her, or will she be dead? If she is will Anakin murdur all the tuskens leading him closer to the dark side with Obi - Wan being there? Hmm. .. Interesting

6. Darth_Father-in-law

Darth_Father-in-law Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2005
    That was a very good start, you captured my interest.

I want to see where this goes, so could you please PM me when you update?

7. aden

aden Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2005
    Im exstatic Obi-Wan's going! YES! Maybe Anakin won't turn? And he won't kill all the raiders? :eek:

pm me please if you can!!

8. sithhappens6

sithhappens6 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 7, 2006
    I love the idea of Obi-Wan going with Anakin. This should really get interesting. Could you add me to your PM list? I would appreciate it. I really enjoy this story. Keep up the Good work. :)

9. Pyxelle

Pyxelle Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2005
    Wonderful start, Master! Obi-Wan can be a calming influence in Anakin's life when Anakin lets him. Sad that Cliegg died, but maybe things will be different for Shmi now...or at least different for Anakin.

*crosses fingers*

Padawan Pyxelle

10. Dahlia_Santary

Dahlia_Santary Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2005
    This looks promesing! Great start!

11. SakuraTsukikage

SakuraTsukikage Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2005
    Oooh, interesting. I'm fascinated by the way this might change things, and I think you've portrayed everything quite well. [face_thinking] I wonder what will happen next . . . .

12. iLoveAnakin7

iLoveAnakin7 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 17, 2005
    SakuraTsukikage Nice to see you over here!:)

KELIA, you've done an amazing job with this story so far.

It's nice to see Obi-Wan go with him to find his mother, this time:D

If you have a PM list for this story, please add me.

13. QueenSith

QueenSith Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2005
    Obi-Wan is going with Anakin to save Shmi!

[face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

Uh, they are going to save her, right? [face_praying] [face_praying]

What a nice twist.

=D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

14. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    I'm looking forward to more on this one as well! :)

Please add me to your list of PM's - I love AU's and yours are always wonderful! =D=

15. Stella_Ripple

Stella_Ripple Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 29, 2005
    ooh good start!!!
    Now this is what should have happened! *pouts* so glad you're doing it though! :D Can't wait to see where this is going!

16. JediKaris

JediKaris Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 19, 2005
    Ooohhh, I hope Anakin and Obi-Wan get there in time to save Shmi.

I like this version much better than the film's!

=D= =D= =D=

17. MoeTharen

MoeTharen Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2005
    MORE! MORE! MORE!

Please PM me when you update! [face_dancing]

-Commander Tharen-

18. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    VaderLVR64 - Thank you, I hope you enjoy the rest of the story.

River_Stone - I like how you've described Anakin's anger and how Obi-Wan anchors and smoothes out his more volatile emotions.

Thanks - I think Obi-Wan has a very calming effect on Anakin, when Anakin trusts him enough to be honest with him, that is.

The Tusken Raider incident was perhaps the turning point for the young Jedi.
    I agree.

Star_Angel - yes Cliegg is dead and it?ll definitely make for a more interesting story.

Apprentice_To_Master - Will Anakin find Schmi and rescue her, or will she be dead? If she is will Anakin murdur all the tuskens leading him closer to the dark side with Obi - Wan being there?

Ah the possibilities [face_devil]

Darth_Father-in-law - That was a very good start, you captured my interest.
    Thank you! [face_blush]

aden - Maybe Anakin won't turn? And he won't kill all the raiders?

Maybe....[face_whistling]

sithhappens6 - I love the idea of Obi-Wan going with Anakin.

me too - his being there will alter things considerably

Pyxelle - Thank you so much, Padawan. I?m glad to see you are enjoying my little story. Things will definitely different.

Dahlia_Santary - This looks promesing! Great start!

Thank you :D

SakuraTsukikage - I'm fascinated by the way this might change things, and I think you've portrayed everything quite well

Thank you so much - that means a lot coming from you. [face_blush] [face_blush] I hope you enjoy the rest of the story

iLoveAnakin7 - KELIA, you've done an amazing job with this story so far

Thank you. [face_blush] [face_blush] I?m enjoying writing it.

QueenSith - Obi-Wan is going with Anakin to save Shmi!

Hmmmmm.....perhaps[face_whistling]

VA_Parky - I'm looking forward to more on this one as well! I love AU's and yours are always wonderful!

Awww...thank you so much. [:D] I hope you?re not disappointed with the rest of the story.

Stella_Ripple - Now this is what should have happened!

I agree - thank the Force for Fanfiction!

JediKaris - I like this version much better than the film's!

Me too! :D

MoeTharen - MORE! MORE! MORE!

Soon, Soon, Soon :D

My PM list for this story is located at the beginning of the first post. If you would like to be added or removed, please let me know. And thank you all who are reading and enjoying!

19. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005

TUSKEN RAIDER ENCAMPMENT

Anakin and Obi-Wan stood on the ridge of a high dune studying the encampment below. Once again, Anakin reached out into the Force for his mother?s presence.

A wave of agonizing pain brought him to his knees.

?Mom!? He moaned.

?Anakin.? Obi-Wan dropped down beside him, putting a comforting arm around him.

?I can feel her suffering.? He cried. ?Master, they?re torturing her.?

Obi-Wan squeezed his shoulders. ?I know.? He whispered. ?I can feel it as well.? He looked down at the encampment.

?I have to get to her.? Anakin exclaimed jumping to his feet.

?Not yet.? Obi-Wan replied grabbing his arm. ?You won?t be able to help her while you?re this upset. You need to calm down.?

Anakin sighed in frustration. ?I need to get to her.? He snapped. ?She?s dying!?

?Anakin, look at me.? Obi-Wan commanded. ?You must control your emotions.?

?I can?t.? Anakin cried struggling to free himself from Obi-Wan?s grip.

?You can.? Obi-Wan encouraged tightening his hold. ?Let me help you.? He sent a soothing wave of comfort through the force.

Anakin took a deep breath, feeling himself relax.

?Release your emotions.? Obi-Wan advised. ?Be as one with the Force. Then you?ll be ready to help your mother.?

Anakin closed his eyes, releasing his feelings and allowing the Force to settle his mind.

?We?ll get to her.? Obi-Wan added feeling Anakin tremble beneath his hands. ?I promise.?

Anakin lifted his head a moment later.

?I?m sorry, Master.? He apologized taking a deep breath and squaring his shoulders. ?I?m ready now.?

They made their way down the ridge and into the encampment.

?She?s in this one.? Anakin announced coming to a stop behind a hut in the center of the camp.

He watched anxiously as Obi-Wan cut an opening. Stepping inside, he found Shmi tied facing a rack to the side of the tent, fresh blood trickling down the side of her face.

?Oh mom.? Anakin moaned rushing to her. Obi-Wan quickly cut her binds while Anakin gathered her into his arms.

?Mom.? He whispered wiping the blood from her face.

?Ani...Ani...? Shmi?s swollen eyes fought to open. Her hand raising to caress his cheek.

?Is it you?? She gasped.

?I?m here mom.? Anakin replied, kissing her open palm.

Obi-Wan sank down beside them and began to assess Shmi?s wounds.

?My son...? Shmi groaned. ?I knew..knew...you?d come...come for me.?

?you?re safe now.? Anakin assured her hugging her to him. ?We?re going to get you out of here.? His tears fell on Shmi?s bruised face as she fell into unconsciousness.

?She?s been beaten pretty badly.? Obi-Wan announced softly as he tenderly covered the open cuts. ?There?s nothing more I can do here. We need to get her back to the Lars Homestead.?

Anakin nodded in agreement. Picking up his mother as gently as he could, he followed Obi-Wan out of the hut.

LARS HOMESTEAD

?She should recover completely.? Obi-Wan said as he applied the bacta to the last of Shmi?s cuts. Upon his and Anakin?s return, they had treated all of her wounds while she slept blissfully unaware.

?I can?t believe she survived.? Owen marveled as he gazed at her.

?You shouldn?t have given up so quickly.? Anakin accused, glaring at him. ?She wouldn?t have suffered as long if you hadn?t...?

?Anakin.? Obi-Wan warned.

?I?m sorry.? Owen sighed. ?I just...I never imagined....? His shoulders slumped.

Beru gave him a quick hug. ?It?s not your fault.? She whispered into his ear.

?We?re just glad Shmi will be alright.? She said looking directly at Anakin.

?We should let her rest now.? Obi-Wan declared.

Anakin turned to him to protest.

?In peace.? Obi-Wan added with a pointed look.

Anakin kissed Shmi?s forehead softly.

?I?ll be right here.? He promised gently, following the others from the room.

?I think we need to get a few things straight between us.? Owen declared as soon as Anakin shut the door to Shmi?s room.

?Owen.? Beru cautioned.

?It?s fine.? He insisted.

?Perhaps we should

20. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Woohoo! An update! [face_peace] And Shmi is safe. I was worried!

I think the argument between Anakin and Owen was very realistic. It will be interesting to see what Shmi has to say about the whole thing when she wakes up and finds out what happened. There are two young men there who love her very much - it will be very hard to choose between them... Unless they all go to Coruscant and live happily ever after??? ;)

Looking forward to more! Thanks for the PM! It's always such a pleasure to read your stories!

21. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    I am so glad that Shmi survived, but I feel sorry for her since when she wake up, her husband will bee dead after trying to save her.

?Just listen.? Owen snapped. ?My father was killed trying to save Shmi. We did everything we could. We just weren?t strong enough.?

?So you just gave up on her.? Anakin hissed, eyes narrowing ?Do you know what she?s been through because you gave up??

?ANAKIN!?

Hmm, I can understand why Anakin feel the way he do, but I don?t think that they should argue about it.
    I hope that Shmi actually go with Anakin to Coruscant but something tells me that she won?t. I?m completely lost on that one:confused: .

Anyway, great update=D= , thanx for the pm[:D] and more soon[face_praying] .

22. MoeTharen

MoeTharen Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2005
    YAY!

A million times better than the movie! Shmi lived! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

I hope Anakin gets to take her to Coruscant with them! [face_praying]

:D :D :D

I'm just so thrilled about this fic. Keep me posted! :cool:

-Commander Tharen-

23. sithhappens6

sithhappens6 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 7, 2006
    Ohh..There's about to be a what.....!! LOL. Now on a serious note, poor ani, That was very sad and you did a great job at it. :)

Thanks for the Pm and the link. I love when people leave links for the updates, It's so convinient. Thanks again. Please update soon.

24. QueenSith

QueenSith Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2005
    I love that Shmi will survive!!

[face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

But Ani, blaming Owen for how long Shmi was held by the raiders?

[face_shame_on_you] [face_shame_on_you] [face_shame_on_you]

Hopefully Shmi can help him see the light.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

25. iLoveAnakin7

iLoveAnakin7 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 17, 2005
    Phew! I'm so glad Shmi is going to make a recovery. This is how it should have been. :(

Will he convince her to go to Coruscant though?
    What would the council say...?:confused:

I'm glad Obi-Wan is being so cool about this too, that really helps:)

I like where this is going...thanks for the PM:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.