main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga "A Crying Good Time" -Obi-Wan&Anakin Viggie

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by nickenobi-nz, Jan 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickenobi-nz

nickenobi-nz Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 14, 2005

Ok, here goes......

Fic: A Crying Good Time
    Rating: G

NB: Many, many thanks to Jedi_Freyja who beta'd this [:D]

"Master are you crying?!"

Obi-Wan snapped his head around from what he was watching on the holoscreen in their living quarters. "Of course not!" He replied indignantly, though Anakin was unconvinced, taking notice of Obi-Wan's oddly husky voice and slightly red-rimmed eyes.

"What are you watching?" Anakin didn't wait for Obi-Wan to reply before snatching the remote out of his hand. When he turned the channel back to what Obi-Wan had been watching, he was shocked. He had been expecting holo-footage of Qui-Gon, or some news story of another jedi death. Or, at the very least, The Bantha King.

But no. His very dignified and well respected master was crying over ?Extreme Makeover - Alderaani Apartment Edition?.

"I was not crying, my very young Padawan." Obi-Wan made a pass for the remote but Anakin was already moving it to the far side of the couch, "I just had something in my eye."

"Sure. Well, I may as well stay and watch it with you, in case you need some support," the younger Jedi said. He gave his master a patronizing pat on the arm, and giving Obi-Wan a shove, Anakin made room for himself on the couch and grabbed the bowl of snacks out his master's hands.

"Comfortable?" Obi-Wan asked sarcastically as he shifted uncomfortably on the now-too-small couch.

Anakin didn't even glance at him, "Shhh. It's back on."

The two sat quietly while programme continued. Obi-Wan stared determinedly at the screen, ignoring Anakin's frequent sidelong glances.

Obi-Wan admitted to feeling a little embarrassed at having been caught by Anakin. Not that he had been doing anything of course! But to think his padawan thought him so weak that he would cry over such a sappy story as the one playing out on the screen, Obi-Wan shook his head.

He had considered getting up and leaving as soon as Anakin had caught him, but that would be as good as admitting guilt, and besides, he really wanted to see how the blind guy in the hover-chair who had been saved by the family dog reacted when they revealed his new 5 story apartment. And so they sat and watched.

Everything was peaceful and Obi-Wan was just getting back into the story (the ?dream team? were putting the finishing touches on the 2 story dog-house) when he heard something from the other end of the couch. Unsure of what the sound was Obi-Wan waited for it to happen again. He was about to give up, when...

*sniffle*

Obi-Wan's head whipped round to look at Anakin.

"What?!" He snapped at his Master

"Nothing." Obi-Wan replied, turning back to watch the family climb out of their black stretch speeder, with a slight grin.

Onscreen the host had hugged the family and was now kneeling, shaking hands with the dog and crying uncontrollably.

*Sniff*

Obi-Wan snuck a glance at Anakin out the corner of his eye.

"What?!" Snapped Anakin again. "I've got a dust allergy, OK?"

That was fine by Obi-Wan, he wasn't going to argue. Especially seeing as a bit of the dust Anakin was allergic to was in his eye again.

Onscreen the family was gasping and crying over their amazing new home. The dog was barking and the ?dream team? patted her on the head, hugged her and exclaimed what a hero she was.

*Sniff.*

*Sniffle*

Obi-Wan resolutely ignored Anakin's sniffling and grabbed a handful of popcorn and stuffed it into his mouth, trying to muffle the sobs he could feel building. He knew this was ridiculous but the story was just so sad!

*Sniff. Hic*

The hover-chair-bound blind man toured his new home, the limping old dog in tow, while everybody cried. Host and make-over team included, as well as the cameraman and the two jedi watching the show.

By the time the credits were rolling Obi-Wan had regained a decent control over his emotions, though he wasn't sure if the same could be said of his padawan, who utterly refused to look at him. Obi-Wan could understand that, feeling his own face burning with

2. aden

aden Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2005
    [face_laugh]

But no. His very dignified and well respected master was crying over â??Extreme Makeover - Alderaani Apartment Editionâ??.

[face_laugh]

Oh wow.. that was good. [face_laugh]

3. Stella_Ripple

Stella_Ripple Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 29, 2005
    [face_laugh]
    Wow, thats a completely,er, new and totally unexpected side of obiwan!
    Very funny- great stuff!=D=

4. michaellover

michaellover Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2005
    OH MY...what a pair of saps! :D

5. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Ah, I love it.

6. nickenobi-nz

Dec 14, 2005
    Aden Thank-you!!

Stella Lol, I know! The idea of Obi-Wan crying over a tv programme cracked me up, I had to write it :)

Michaellover *Snigger* aren't they pathetic, in a cute sort of a way. o_O

Valairy_Scot Thanks so much!!

*squee* BTW This is my first fic, so it's cool to get so much feedback. Thank-you guys!!

7. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Hee! This was so cute, I wanted to reach through my monitor and squeeze Obi-wan and Anakin! [:D]

And what an appropriate title! [face_laugh] Very, very well done all the way around! I love a nice humorous vignette and you definitely delivered!

=D=

8. SakuraTsukikage

SakuraTsukikage Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2005
    Very cute. [face_love] Great job. Not something I would have thought of, I have to admit.

9. iLoveAnakin7

iLoveAnakin7 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 17, 2005
    Cute.@};-
    Sounds alot like me in front of the TV when a show like that comes on. I'm such a sap.:_| I didn't know Jedi could be tooo_O

10. Jedi_Freyja

Jedi_Freyja Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2005
    *rushes on in*

Ahhh! You posted this right after I got off last night. I guess that's ok, I'll just be reply number some-odd instead of #1. :p

Congratulations on a wonderful first fic! =D= =D= =D=

Wonderful job. [:D]

Freyja

11. nickenobi-nz

Dec 14, 2005
    VA_Parky I know! Aren't they adorable...Though I think Obi-Wan really should of been the one hugging Anakin.
    I'm glad the title worked, that was the one thing I was a bit unsure about :)

SakuraTsukikage Thanks...it's simply a case of me watching way too much TV!

iLoveAnakin7 Yeah...I'm a bit like that too, though no-one knows! Shhh, it's a secret! [face_blush]

Jedi_Freyja Thanks, lol!! Big upps to you too! :) =D= :D

12. Jedi_of_Imladris

Jedi_of_Imladris Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 14, 2004
    Excellent job! I love this! Obi-wan and Anakin crying over Extreme Makeover. This is just too wonderful!

Great job!

13. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    This was so funny - I really enjoyed it!

Great job =D=

14. nickenobi-nz

Dec 14, 2005
    Jedi_of_Imladris I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Thank-you!!

Kestrel_Kenobi Thanks! It's nice to know I'm not the only one with an odd sense of humour ;)

15. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    That was great! [face_laugh] Obi and Ani crying over a TV show...I love it!

"What?!" Snapped Anakin again. "I've got a dust allergy, OK?"

That was fine by Obi-Wan, he wasn't going to argue. Especially seeing as a bit of the dust Anakin was allergic to was in his eye again.

Yay for dust allergies! Not that I've ever used that excuse or anything... [face_whistling]

Anyway, once again, great job with this! It's fun to see the Jedi's...sentimental side. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.