main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Cyborg's Vindication: a Post-ROTJ Grievous tale

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Eme-ma_Himou, Mar 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eme-ma_Himou

Eme-ma_Himou Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2004
    Title: A Cyborg's Vindication
    Author: Eme-ma
    Timeframe: 20 years after ROTJ
    Characters: Luke, Leia, Kit, --------
    Genre: Science-fiction, Fantasy, Action-Adventure
    Summary: A political trip to Utapau turns to ruin and an uncanny alliance is born because of two unearthed Trade Federation prototypes.

Disclaimer: Star Wars and most of the characters in this novel are copyrighted by George Lucas. The rest were created by me or my buddies over in the RPG thread.

Author?s Note: The Kit I am referring to is not Kit Fisto, but was indeed named after the Jedi. Some parts of this novel were thought up here: Galaxy At War II and during the first Episode of that game.

Chapter One

Drops of rain shattered the dark silence that encompassed a rainy day on Coruscant. All were inside, working? Probably. Speeders pass by and traffic is caused by the increasing downpour.

It had been over two decades since the fall of the Empire, and the newly reformed Senate had been working hard since. After much discussion, the Chancellor now brought to light a new matter.

Leia rose from her podium and spoke, ?If all of you can remember, it has been ten years since the death of one of Utapau?s greatest leaders, Tion Meddon. A celebration of his life will come in a week and we?ll need to send a group of Senators over there to keep our relations with the Utapaun people strong. Who wants to go? Naturally, I?ll be going but I?ll need more. If you have any interests, you are now recognized.?

A few pods came forward and the whole matter was squared away. Good, thought Leia, that?s how I like this to go.

?Thank you very much, all of you that volunteered. We will give you information as it comes.?

In another part of the universe, the beautiful green moon of Yavin lay in a dormant state. An exotic world, also one of the greatest allies to the New Republic, was home to the Jedi Temple.

A Jedi Master strode through the Practice Chambers, just to check up on all his students. The air was filled with Training Droids, much to the dismay of the students.

?Learn to not use your eyes for they could betray you,? offered an exasperated Luke Skywalker.

?Master Skywalker, help!? cried a vulnerable student.

Luke strode around the corner and faced the young man. He was a handsome man, much like his father, with golden bangs slightly covering his eyes.

Luke held back a smile and continued in his authoritive voice, ?Kit, shouldn?t you be off somewhere? Like, doing something??

Kit?s grin was contagious as he returned fire, ?What? I can?t visit my old teacher??
    ?Your father taught you a bit before you came here.?

?But you finished my training, Master Skywalker. You are like a Step-father to me, and like a brother. I would have liked to have met Anakin before the end. My father said he was a noble man once, and the two of them fought during the Clone Wars together.?

?Yes, I have been reviewing some HoloNet transcripts from the Wars and have been researching the different battles that my father and Ben were apart of. Your father, he was a Recon leader, am I right??

?Yes, he commanded a squad of commandos and almost took out the Droid Flagship. [i] Invisible Hand[/i] I believe it was called.?

Luke thought back to what he had learned, ?Yes, that?s what it was called. I believe that was the Battle of Malove.?

They shared a moment of awkward silence, then the comlink at Luke?s waist buzzed. The Jedi Master looked at it: Leia.

Luke rose and opened the transmission.

"Leia, what's wrong?"

"Good morning, Luke. How are the students doing?"

"Great. What's wrong?"

"I need to go to Utapau, on a diplomacy mission. I was hoping that you could come along to help defend some of the Senators."

"Sounds great. I'll treat it as a practice mission for some of the new Padawans."

Leia was pleased that Luke was reacting this way, "Sounds great. Be ready to leave some time soon."

With that, Luke closed the tran

2. master-of-les-pauls

master-of-les-pauls Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 16, 2005
    nice ,i am up for reading anything with the true jedi master luke skywalker

3. LadyZaraMarta

LadyZaraMarta Jedi Master star 5

Aug 21, 2004
    I am curious...who is the mama????

4. Eme-ma_Himou

Aug 29, 2004
    shut up, LZM. I haven't even figured that out yet. I just know there was one.

hm... I know what you are thinking! Where did they end up after they left Baltimn?

5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Hey now, no talk like that to LZM.

I am her surrogate son, you know. :p

Good work, eme. Like it muy muy.

6. Eme-ma_Himou

Aug 29, 2004
    how do you link in a sig, buddy?

be right back

going to the market for some lunch (1:45 in CA)

When I get back, I'll write the next chapter.

7. pashatemur

pashatemur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 21, 2004
    She (if we are talking about a certain lady of Sanctuary who leant upon his arm) did love him, after all! I can vouche safe for that. How could she not?!

Thanks for honoring Malove, and by so doing, someone else, to whom it meant so much. I hope I don't pressume. You brought a tear to my eye. Thank you!

Heels! LZM, a surrogate mom?! I missed the shower!

Good job Eme! Waiting for the next. Keep me posted.

8. LadyZaraMarta

Aug 21, 2004
    I can't wait for the big romantic scene...

Hey...Eme pay child support??

9. Eme-ma_Himou

Aug 29, 2004
    One more word, LZM, I dare you!

No, eme is probably not in this one

10. LadyZaraMarta

Aug 21, 2004
  11. Eme-ma_Himou

Aug 29, 2004
    Chapter 2 (part 1)

The two Jedi made their way off to the landing pads, followed closely by a half-dozen Padawans.

Amid the laughter and giggling from the crowd, Kit turned to Luke, ?Is there any way, any way we can shut them up??

Luke gave Kit a stern look, then looked forward with a grin. Himou, the rouguish good-looking Jedi, is too much like his father. Surrounded by women and he is still afraid, although these are about fifteen.

After a nice walk through the rainforests of Yavin IV, the group arrived at the hangar. It was then that Luke noticed Kit?s ship.

?That! That?s? that?s?? gasped Luke.

Kit smirked at Luke and decided it would be best to tell him the story, ?Yes, that is a Jedi Starfighter, Master Skywalker.?

?No. Not just any Starfighter!?

The ship?s colors were faded, but the uniqueness of the color scheme remained: yellow and grey.

Luke finally got the words out, ?That?s my father?s ship. Ben said it was destroyed!?

?No, that?s where MY father comes into this.

?Back in the day of the Old Republic, the clones turned on their Jedi commanders. Eme-ma, being a Recon commander, was ordered to take out the Fort defenses, which were protecting the Cartaoan leader. He was alone so when Order 66 came along, Eme-ma had time to prepare for the Clone onslaught and disguised himself, once more, as a clone trooper.

?Their squad was ordered to assist a fallen leader on an out of the way mining planet of Mustafar. Upon disembarking, Eme-ma left the group and started looking for a way off that rock. Before finding it, my father bumped into the control room, or carnal house, that housed the dead Separatist leaders. From the control room, he spied two fighting figures: Obi-wan and Anakin.

?My father watched part of the duel, then fled towards the landing platforms, where your father?s ship was sitting. Taking advantage of this, he hopped in and was never seen by the Empire again.?

?Ben told me that the two ships were gone by the time he got there. This would explain what happened to my father?s starfighter,? Luke awoke from the dream of his father and turned towards the Padawans, ?Are you ready for the trip to Utapau, everyone? And, Kit?? Luke asked as the group piled into the shuttle.

?Yeah?? asked Kit, turning around.

?I?d like to fly in it some time??

12. pashatemur

Jun 21, 2004
    Spooky, Eme! I like the little details here and there. Very effective. Keep it up.

13. Eme-ma_Himou

Aug 29, 2004
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    -------------------------------------------------

This makes me angry. I could have gotten away with it too.

14. LadyZaraMarta

Aug 21, 2004
    I thought his ship was destroyed...lava..hot stuff...

Can't wait for "The Son of Eme..."
    Chip off the ole' block....

15. Eme-ma_Himou

Aug 29, 2004
    One more quip about the son of eme, and I'll pretend you're not a girl!

crap, you're right about the ship! ah ha, those were only bits and pieces of the ship. The whole ship wasn't destroyed!

16. KyleKatarn96

KyleKatarn96 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 19, 2004
    lmao lzm...

anyways nice story you have here im liking this

17. DarthAJ

DarthAJ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2004
    Great story! I love how novels are starting to put ROTS stuff: Anti's novel(who has dissapeared), my novel(of course), JW's novel, and now yours! Cool now I am reading 6 novels! awesome. I look forward to where this novel takes us.

18. LadyZaraMarta

Aug 21, 2004
    Oh, Eme...I'm so....afraid!

Ha, ha, ha....

In all honesty, great story....waiting for the next chapter...

I do LOVE teasing you....

19. Eme-ma_Himou

Aug 29, 2004
    I'll be gone all tomorrow...

But the good news: I'll be bringing my laptop, so, as long as I find an outlet, we'll have plenty more updates tomorrow night or monday morning.

20. Eme-ma_Himou

Aug 29, 2004
    Chapter 2 (part 2)

The shuttle and the Jedi Starfighter exited hyperspace into the space above Utapau. This was the meeting area, thought Luke, where are you, Leia?

Letting the ship get pulled into the gravitational pull, Luke left the cockpit to see how the Padawans were doing. As he walked in, one thought came to Luke?s head: maybe Kit is on to something? The crowd was constantly chattering about different love-interests still at the academy and away from the academy, interjected with giggles and blushing.

?Padawans! It?s time to depart for the surface,? Luke started walking back towards the cockpit, ?and we?ll meet up with Leia and the Senators down there.? He reached for the com and called the adjacent ship, ?Kit, we?re going down to the surface. If it?ll make you happy, you can join us??

?-/hanks, Master Skywalker, I?ll be right down there.?

The two ships entered the atmosphere and glided over the sinkhole landscape towards the capitol city. Kit Himou looked out of his window towards the newly falling sinkholes. What a very dismal planet?. How was Kenobi able to survive here? He looked towards the scenery, admiring how the native creatures bolted across the lowering lands. They reminded him of larger versions of iguanas, except for one important feature: they had the head of a bird, complete with beaks and feathers.

The Jedi Starfighter cascaded from the skies into capitol city. City? More like capitol sinkhole, thought Himou, as the two ships descended onto the landing platforms. Jumping out of the fighter, Kit made his way towards the other landing platform along with the shuttle and Luke.

Luke strode from the Academy Shuttle, secretly hoping that his group of Padawans would get lost. ?Students, we?re now going towards the capitol building, hopefully where we?ll meet up with Leia and the Senators,? Luke said.

As he said this, a tall Utapaun came towards the group introducing himself as, ?Nedem Tehn, they call me. Might I lead you to our Lord? Mister???

Luke stepped forward, ?I am Master Skywalker-?

?Skywalker? That name?? the chordoroy textured man interrupted.

Luke did not need to mindprobe to figure out what the man meant, ?My father was Anakin Skywalker, the great pilot of the Clone Wars.?

?Right? come this way! Something has? happened.? the Utapaun said as he turned on the spot and started heading towards the Governor?s mansion.

Luke quickened his pace to keep up with the tall alien and to learn his story: ?Skywalker? his Master, Kenobi, came to our planet years ago.?

?About forty-five years??

?Yes? I was young then, but I still remember the threat that was extinguished that day. Back in that day, evil and terror went by another name. That name was General Grievous. We thought that he died that fateful day from a blaster shot fired by General Kenobi. But no? his carcass reprogrammed himself over the years and he made his way, blindly, towards our city. We found him, unconscious, encased in the mud of a newly forming sinkhole. We took him in, and froze him in bacta only a week or so ago. Let me lead you to him.?

Luke followed with a determined feeling. General Grievous? Alive? Just at that moment a figure dropped from the roof of the corridor, scaring half the Padawans.

?Miss me?? asked the grinning Jedi.

?Not a chance in Mustafar?? responded Luke, ?but I thank you from the bottom of my heart for what you did to them.?

After a couple minutes travel through the city, the group found their way to the Bacta Chamber. The figure in the tank? he wore a skeletal armor, needed from that near-death shuttle crash decades ago. Half his death mask was missing, exposing a terrifying mouth. When he was still a Kaleesh, he was a brilliant military tactician; but once he was betrayed by the Old Republic and the Jedi, he used that power for the side of evil: his mission became to destroy every single Jedi. Offered power from Sidious, Grievous declined and paid the price for it. An arranged shuttle crash occurred, and Gri

21. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Good work, pal. ;)

22. LadyZaraMarta

Aug 21, 2004
    I stayed up to read your newest installment, Eme....well done...

gee ...all he needs are spare body parts....

...ok...I want to know who is Eme's paramour?

23. Eme-ma_Himou

Aug 29, 2004
    SHUT UP!

jk, you know I love you, LZM. But sometimes you get on my nerves.

24. pashatemur

Jun 21, 2004
    Thanks for the pm, Eme. Good work on characterization and keeping the characters distinct, one from the other. Keep it up.

25. master-of-les-pauls

master-of-les-pauls Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 16, 2005
    good work here ema

thanks for the pm dude , await chapter 3 with great intrest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.