main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A Cynical Walk Through the NJO

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Cynical_Ben, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016

The fact that so many people were so upset about it to the point of not giving NJO a chance was dumb.

JediMatteus likes this.
  2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I want a series on the history of the Vong.

3. Grade

Grade Jedi Master star 1

Jan 17, 2013
    I want the Vong series done right.

4. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    I want to see a history of the Vong from their proto species on the original Yuuzhantar to their reaction of being invaded/fought over by the silentium/abominor, to conquering their Galaxy, to the cremlevian war, to their voyage in interglactic space.

The series would end with them reaching GFFA make Silmariliony tragic, have their loss of the force be something like Feanor's doom.

I would read a Vong centered story/history in a heartbeat.

Talos156 and Force Smuggler like this.
  5. JechtShotMK9

JechtShotMK9 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 27, 2013
    So, on Dark Journey now. After doing Star by Star, the only other one I had on me was Traitor, and I seemed to remember you could read it, DJ, and the Enemy Lines Duology in whatever order, so I went ahead and skipped ahead, because Stover, lol.

I remember disliking DJ when I first read it a few years ago, but I'm actually enjoying it a lot this time around, which is funny, since I consider NJO Jaina to be a pretty dull character. I'm about 73% through the book now , and have been reading it nonstop for the past 2 hours or so.

I'm really liking the "Vong Villain of the Day" setup that the series has. I remember Czulkang Lah being my favorite, so I'm really looking forward to the duology after this one. Till then, Harrar and Tsavong Lah's son will hold me over with their antics.

6. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    If I remember right so was it only, what's his name... Nom Anor!, that appeared in CEII and he was created for some other idea not to set up the vong but then they decided to change their plans and use him as Vong for runner.

7. JechtShotMK9

Dec 27, 2013
    "Listen to me, bantha fodder," Lando said. "I blew up a Death Star before you were born. In twenty seconds I can conclude a conversation with General Antilles, who blew up that Death Star with me, and I'll be General Calrissian again, and you'll spend the rest of your military career cleaning refreshers on Kessel. Or you can dig. Which is it?

Oh, Allston. I missed you.

Gamiel, Revanfan1 and Force Smuggler like this.
  8. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Allston was an amazing writer. Who did he say that to? Can't remember.

Talos156 likes this.
  9. JechtShotMK9

Dec 27, 2013
    Some random scrub who wouldn't do what Lando said because Lando was a civilian.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  10. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    What an idiot.

JechtShotMK9 likes this.
  11. JechtShotMK9

Dec 27, 2013
    It's also right before Lando shoots a Yuuzhan Vong warrior in the balls.

I really need to get around to reading those Lando books. Lando is the best character in Star Wars.

12. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I love the Lando Calrissian Adventures.

13. Fettster

Fettster Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 7, 2003
    Traitor was the last of those to release so you're actually reading them in order. I seem to recall DJ and EL playing up a bit the question of Jacen's status after SBS (even though knowing Traitor was coming undermined it a bit).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Ackbar's Fishsticks

Ackbar's Fishsticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2013
    He was one of mine, too. I pointed out back on the X-wing thread that Stackpole and Allston's villains from that series and from the NJO mirrored each other. First, Stackpole gives you a villain who's an ideologue, a fanatic, a sadist, and that even the other villains think is losing marbles by the truckload (Ysanne Isard/Shedao Shai). Then, Allston gives you a villain who's pointedly different - who's not much of an ideologue, who's more sane and a better leader, who's more of a thoughtful strategist and whose role consists of engaging Wedge Antilles in a duel of wits (Zsinj/Czulkang Lah).

For another similarity, both villains are people who fell from grace, so to speak - Zsinj when he rebelled against the Empire and became a warlord, Lah when he backed the wrong political side and ended up stripped of his former place of honor.

For yet another, they're both very eloquent with their insults. Zsinj can swear in sixty languages; Lah says things like "You persist in being an idiot. I am proud to say I did not train you. You would have been my most repellent failure" when in drill sergeant mode.

Yeah, I loved Czulkang Lah. If that history of the Yuuzhan Vong had ever gotten written, I would've wanted him to figure prominently. In my headcanon, he fought battles in the Unknown Regions before the NJO.

15. JechtShotMK9

Dec 27, 2013
    [​IMG]

That is all.

Talos156, Jedi Ben and Force Smuggler like this.
  16. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Ah the Lusankya what I would give to see that on screen

17. JechtShotMK9

Dec 27, 2013
    I just want my own Super Star Destroyer. I don't think that's too much to ask for. I'd use it to go bombard Pluto or something.

18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What is it?

19. Ackbar's Fishsticks

Aug 25, 2013
    SPOILER ALERT:

It's the Super Star Destroyer Lusankya being used in a suicide run against a Yuuzhan Vong worldship.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  20. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Aha, it is rather hard to see that.

21. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Not if you've read the book. :p

Jedi Ben and Force Smuggler like this.
  22. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Which book?

23. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    NJO: Enemy Lines 2: Rebel Stand

Hell, I'm no fan of the overall series but that duology was one of the high points.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  24. Ackbar's Fishsticks

Aug 25, 2013
    He is also The Most Interesting Man In The Galaxy.

PCCViking, JechtShotMK9 and Gamiel like this.
  25. JechtShotMK9

Dec 27, 2013
    [​IMG]

Oh Allston.