main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A dare...The OT Fast!

Discussion in 'Archive: Philadelphia, PA' started by johnny_nod, Apr 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnny_nod

johnny_nod Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 31, 2003
    A proposal for the consideration of any and all NE Star Wars fans(and beyond!)...

We are now, as of this writing, 35 days away from the release of Episode III.

Pick a time. Any time. Ideally, you should at the very least be within multiples of 10 days(so in this case, 10, 20 or 30 days) from the release of Episode III...which is being touted as the last theatrical SW film.

The dare is to subsist solely on the prequels and/or the "Clone Wars" cartoons to get your SW fix prior to the release of "Revenge of the Sith". Do NOT watch any incarnation of the Original Trilogy(A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, Return Of The Jedi) or you will violate the Fast!

Tough? Sure! But then...

...it wouldn't be a dare, would it?

Now I realize that CIII is doing popcorn-empowered showings of the OT, but you can always start your Fast within 20 days of the release of Ep. III...OR, you can let this temptation be your first test of the Fast.

Should you accept the dare, you can stick a line in your sig that reads "OT Fasting since <date>!"

I'll be posting this to a couple of the other NE Fanforce boards.

Any takers? :)

- Johnny

2. Saberwielder315

Saberwielder315 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I'm doing it! Starting now! Does that mean I cannot go on the Classic trilogy forum?

3. johnny_nod

johnny_nod Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 31, 2003
    Talking about the OT is not a problem.

What we're talking about is a voluntary viewing of a movie in the Original Trilogy in its entirety.

If you want to be extreme about it, add any fanfilms set after Episode III to the list, but I'd like to restrict this to the legitimate films of the OT.

Obviously, going to Celebration III will no doubt expose you to scenes from all five SW flicks at some point or another...but you only violate the Fast if you go down to the screenings of the OT that they are holding at CIII because it's a voluntary viewing of a movie in the OT in its entirety.

Remember this...and good luck! :)

- Johnny

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.