main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY A dare...The OT Fast!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by johnny_nod, Apr 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnny_nod

johnny_nod Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 31, 2003
    A proposal for the consideration of any and all NE Star Wars fans(and beyond!)...

We are now, as of this writing, 35 days away from the release of Episode III.

Pick a time. Any time. Ideally, you should at the very least be within multiples of 10 days(so in this case, 10, 20 or 30 days) from the release of Episode III...which is being touted as the last theatrical SW film.

The dare is to subsist solely on the prequels and/or the "Clone Wars" cartoons to get your SW fix prior to the release of "Revenge of the Sith". Do NOT watch any incarnation of the Original Trilogy(A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, Return Of The Jedi) or you will violate the Fast!

Tough? Sure! But then...

...it wouldn't be a dare, would it?

Now I realize that CIII is doing popcorn-empowered showings of the OT, but you can always start your Fast within 20 days of the release of Ep. III...OR, you can let this temptation be your first test of the Fast.

Should you accept the dare, you can stick a line in your sig that reads "OT Fasting since <date>!"

I'll be posting this to a couple of the other NE Fanforce boards.

Any takers? :)

- Johnny

2. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    Just the Prequels? I'd rather watch no Star Wars if I cannot watch the OT!

Quick question though, what would the Ewok TV movies fall under?

3. johnny_nod

johnny_nod Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 31, 2003
    That depends on where they fall in the chronology.

If they are set in the wake of Episode III, then they would technically constitute a part of the Fast...but since I'm limiting this to the three core movies of the OT, I think exceptions can be made...

...but others might think you're cheating! :)

If you've just gotta have your OT, it's cool...besides, this is all in fun! :)

EVERYONE is invited to partake in this Fast on a strictly voluntary level. Not just NE Fanforcers!

Spread the word! :)

- Johnny

(PS: One other thing to remember is that you do not have to begin the Fast right away! You can start your Fast at 20 or 10 days from the release of Episode III. I wonder if we can get caps or shirts or something made against this dare... :) )

4. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    I always thought the Ewok Movies were set after ROTJ. I thought they were kind of cheesy, but they can be fun...At least it's not the Holiday Special! :p

5. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    This is madness. They've gone to far this time. LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.