main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Date to Remember (Final post is up!) 3/15/10

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Raphire, Feb 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raphire

Raphire Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2008
    A Date to Remember

This will be a three post

Luke slowly turned over in bed. He had been on a mission for the past week and a half, so this chance to sleep in felt like

heaven. He glanced at the clock. Quarter after six. He?d gotten home at four last night and barely made it to bed before he

collapsed. He tried to collapse quietly so not to wake his sleeping wife. And luckily he?d succeeded. The snoring tigress

had stayed dead to the world. But now he missed her at his side. She had probably been aroused by Ben hours ago. Luke

sighed. After a week away, he longed to pull her into his embrace. And now he wouldn?t see her until tonight. He sluggishly

climbed from bed and stretched. That mission had been a tough one. He felt sore all over. He slowly made his way to the

bathroom and staggered towards the shower. As he passed the mirror he happened to glance at himself. What stared back at

him was appalling. A haggard face gawked back in greeting. Huge bags hung under his eyes, accented by dark circles, and his

hair was thick with grease. His beard was patchy and thin and he had dried blood covering half his face. And to make

matters worse the blood wasn?t even his! ?Why did Mara marry me?? He wondered aloud. ?What did she ever see in me?? He

hopped into the shower. I don?t deserve a woman like her. He thought to himself. He sighed and let the hot water

soothe his skin. As it poured over him he let his mind wander. They had been married so long and somehow, even with Mara?s

strong will, they?d managed not to have more then a couple fights. Their marriage had been perfect! Mostly he thought

because of his attention to the little details. He knew all the little things that made his wife?s heart jump. And when he

did these things his did too. He knew how much she loved it when he gave her a small peck on the back of her neck as he

walked past. Also, he loved the way she gave a little shiver of pleasure when he made the bed while she was in the shower.

Her attention to the significant dates in their life was also something he loved about her. She knew everything he?d ever

done for her and that made him want to do more. By the time he left the shower a dumb grin had spread across his face.

Man! He loved that woman! He would do anything for her. As he pulled on his bathrobe his stomach growled. The only problem

was right now he wasn?t hungry for food. The hunger that grew inside him no mere morsel could fill. However he had to eat

to keep up his strength so he trotted off to the kitchen. But as he walked past the table he saw something out of the

corner of his eye, something pink. He looked closer. It was a small card. He slowly opened it and froze at what he saw. As

he read the words time stopped.

Happy Valentine?s Day! I hope you two can find time in your busy schedule to have some fun!
    Han and Leia

Both hungers left him as one thought struck him. I?ve forgotten Valentine?s Day!

Tbc

2. Raphire

Dec 19, 2008
    I would like to dedicate this story to GlindaForJediCouncil

Sorry I forgot and I hope this will make up for it.

3. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Happy Valentine?s Day! I hope you two can find time in your busy schedule to have some fun!
    Han and Leia

Both hungers left him as one thought struck him. I?ve forgotten Valentine?s Day!

For shame, Luke, for shame!

Nice story, Raphire. :)

4. GlindaForJediCouncil

GlindaForJediCouncil Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 21, 2009
    I forgive you, and your little clues-ending-with-a-story game was perfect :) =D=
    Happy Valentines day my dear, loves you ;)

5. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Luke needs a calender. :p

Very cute.

6. Raphire

Dec 19, 2008
    Thanks Daena!

GlindaForJediCouncil
    Awwwww. Love you too!

FelsGoddess Yeah he kind of does

7. HelloKelly

HelloKelly Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2009
    Uh-oh. He's in trouble now!

8. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Luke! how could you forget valentines day. Shame on you.

I bet he remembers next time.[face_laugh]

nice one.=D=

9. Raphire

Dec 19, 2008
    HelloKelly Lol. Yes he is!

Gkilkenny Thank you! I bet he does indeed.

10. Raphire

Dec 19, 2008
    Here's Post Two! I hope you enjoy!

Panic seized him. What could he do? His wife was due home in three hours! He rushed over to the comlink and called any and

all councilors he had ever done favors for. With luck they would pull some strings and get him something that would really

impress his wife! But after each phone call he became more and more dejected. All tickets to any vacation planets had

already been bought. The cruises were booked, the lodges filled and he was out of ideas. It was Valentine?s evening and

everything that could be bought had been purchased. Luke sighed and leaned against the counter. Nothing said self absorbed

and insensitive better then a husband who forgot Valentine?s Day. As he bashed himself and wallowed in self pity; he failed

to notice the doorknob turning behind him. ?Stupid, Stupid, Stupid!? He growled to himself. ?Out of all the holiday?s to

forget this one just had to be the one!? He continued to berate himself and completely ignored the figure creeping up

behind him. Two arms encircled him and he let out a scream that would put a teenage male to shame. ?Missed me that much

farm boy?? Mara said with a chuckle. Luke squiggled out of the embrace and faced his wife. His face was white as a

sheet. ?Scared you did I?? Mara said with a chuckle. She gently gave him a peck on the cheek. ?I?m going to go change; ok

dear?? Mara might as well have been talking to a statue. As soon as Mara left the room Luke sat down, hard. He placed his

head in his hands and let out a small groan. He was doomed.

Mara stood up in the bedroom and stared into the mirror. She couldn?t wait to see Luke?s face when she came down the

stairs. She had spent all morning looking for this dress and just as she was about to give up she found it. In one of the

most obvious places ever too! Mara couldn?t believe she hadn?t thought of it before. And now, as she tried it on, she knew

she?d made the right choice.

Luke paced back and forth in the kitchen, trying to think of something, anything to do for his wife. But he was getting

nowhere. He fought to keep his emotions under wraps but he couldn?t help feeling a little frustrated. He just hoped that

Mara couldn?t feel his turmoil through the force. He was pretty sure he had shielded as soon as he saw the note but he did

so again just in case. He heard footsteps on the stairs and turned around a weary smile on his face. As he turned around

and set his eyes on his wife however, all attempts to shield his emotions left him.

His wife stared down at him from halfway up the stairs with a bemused look on her face. ?Honey, if your jaw dropped any

lower I could use it to sweep the kitchen.? She said with a giggle that she never would use in public. Luke couldn?t help

but staring; besides when a guys wife looked this good, it was only natural to ogle at her. ?So darling, are we leaving or

what?? She tossed her hair over her shoulder and grinned saucily at him. Luke slowly nodded and then went to get the door

for her. ?Ummm, dear?? Luke looked up as he held open the door. ?Yes?? Mara looked him over and chuckled. ?Aren?t you

forgetting something?? Luke looked down and blushed. He was still in his bathrobe.

Tbc

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Fun fun couple of posts. Whee! the next one will be mushy [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

;)

12. SITH_MAYO

SITH_MAYO Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2005
    Nice! [face_mischief]

?Honey, if your jaw dropped any lower I could use it to sweep the kitchen.?
    [face_laugh] It's good to still have that affect on your husband!

Love it, please give me a head's up when Part 3 arrives. :)

13. HelloKelly

Nov 12, 2009
    Yum! Mush! A teenage girl should always get between three and four servings of mush a day! [face_laugh]

Very good! I can't wait for the next post! Please add me to the Pm list

14. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Hey, mush isn't only for teenagers...

Poor Luke, though. Somehow, I think he'll come up with something even without trying to.

15. Raphire

Dec 19, 2008
    Jade_Eyes Lol. Of course it will!

Sith_Mayo Thanks! And of course I'll let you know.

HelloKelly Lol. Did you get all your servings?

dm1Maaaybe.

16. Raphire

Dec 19, 2008
    Luke had tried to come up with something all while he had dressed and now as they hopped into their vehicle he was still at

a loss. For awhile he just drove around; claiming that he was giving them a chance to enjoy each other?s presence before

going into a crowded restaurant. ?So we?re going to a restaurant?? Luke would have slapped his forehead if he could.

Stupid! Why don?t I just go right out and tell her that they would be going out to eat?
    He had unwittingly narrowed his

already slim options. ?Which restaurant?? Mara asked breathlessly. Luke didn?t answer. Suddenly she gasped. ?You got us

reservations to The Interceptor!???? Luke smiled and shook his head. She?d been dropping hints since it had opened

that she wanted him to take her sometime. Mara stared at him with a confused look. ?Honey? Come on tell me! Where are we

going?? The car suddenly felt stuffy and dank. He needed air! ?Just wait dear; we?re at the first stop.? He pulled off to

the side of the road. He?d lucked out. He had somehow managed to end up at the park. A perfect first stop for their ?date?

They got out of the car and looked around. The park was lit up with various lights and it looked positively breathtaking.

The fountains were all on and the light glistened through their flowing waters. Luke gently took Mara?s hand and they

walked around the park. As they drunk in the beauty that surrounded them Luke felt restless. He had no idea what they were

going to do next and in all honesty he felt drained already. Finally they came to a park bench and they sat down. In front

of them was a gorgeous fountain. It was shaped like a mountain and at its peak was a small village. And in the village

center was a tiny fountain. The water poured out of the fountain and streamed down the hill until it came to the cliffs.

Small streams joined it until it pooled over the edge and poured down the side of the cliff in a waterfall.

Mara sighed and leaned up against Luke?s shoulder. ?Oh Luke, this is perfect. You are the most caring and creative person

I?ve ever met.? Luke?s stomach started to feel queasy. ?I?m serious, this park is so beautiful! How did you come up with

such a good idea?? Luke felt positively nauseous. ?You?re amazing and I want to let you know I think you?re the best

husband ever.? She gently stroked his face and then leaned in to kiss him.

?Wait, Mara.? Mara paused and looked at him a puzzled expression on her face. ?I didn?t plan all this.? Luke let out a sigh

and then continued. ?In all honesty I have nothing planned for tonight; in fact I completely forgot about Valentine?s Day

until about an hour ago.? Mara looked at him and grinned. ?Yup, you?re definitely my farmboy.? Luke stared at her

blankly ?Come on Luke! Do you honestly think I didn?t know that you?d forgotten? I sensed your panic the moment I walked in

from shopping.? She chuckled and stretched out on the bench, her head resting on Luke?s lap. ?And for the record I find it

adorable that you would go through all of this for me.? Luke looked chagrined and then grinned. ?So I?m off the hook then??

Mara looked up at him and laughed evilly. ?Not at all, I think you still owe me dinner.? Luke tucked a hair behind one of

her ears. ?How does cereal and toast sound?? Mara leaned up and kissed him. ?Perfect.?

The End

17. SITH_MAYO

SITH_MAYO Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2005
    ?So I?m off the hook then??
    Mara looked up at him and laughed evilly. ?Not at all, I think you still owe me dinner.?

Haha! :D Luke should know he wouldn't be let off lightly.

Lovely story. =D=

18. GlindaForJediCouncil

GlindaForJediCouncil Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 21, 2009
    Aaawww, an adorable ending <3

Good job, I really liked the story, and for you not usually writing this kind of thing, you did very well =D=

*hugs*
    [:D]

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Squee! Yum! Thank you for that sweet ending! [face_dancing]

[:D]

20. Raphire

Dec 19, 2008
    SITH_MAYO Thanks. And he really should.

GalindaForJediCouncil Awww. Thanks. But yeah it was kind of weird for me to write mush.

Jade_Eyes Your very welcome and thanks for reading!

21. HelloKelly

Nov 12, 2009
    Num. Good mush. I loved the ending! Is this really the end tho? You could do more if you wanted to!

Sigh. No I am ashamed to say I did not get all of my servings that day.

22. Raphire

Dec 19, 2008
    HelloKelly Thanks! But no the story is finished.

Tssk. You are a horrible person now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.