main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Date With Mara - (Humour - Mara, Luke, Lando)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Ubersue, Mar 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ubersue

Ubersue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 1, 2008
    Title: A Date With Mara
    Genre: Humour
    Era: Beyond
    Characters: Mara, Luke, Lando
    Summary: Luke summons the courage to ask Mara out on a date.
    Disclaimer: I don't own nuthin'.
    Author's Note: This was supposed to be the Date Challenge for Monday Mush Mania, but as usual I'm incapable of taking anything seriously.

Thanks for reading! And sorry.

-Ubersue :)

Luke took a long look at himself in the mirror, adjusting his collar here, smoothing down a stray hair there.

Today was the day, he decided. He was going to ask Mara out on a date.

He took a deep breath, closed his eyes to centre himself and calm his thoughts...

Nope. Still nervous. He couldn't understand why this was so difficult for him; women had been throwing themselves at him left and right ever since he fired the shot that destroyed the first Death Star. It had gotten to the point that Lando would insist on bringing him to the pub with him whenever they happened to be in the same sector, for all the attention he brought.

"Are you Luke Skywalker?" some cute blonde/brunette/redhead/Twi'lek/other would ask.

"Yes--" he would reply, and would instantly and for the duration of the evening have the lovely lady vacuumed to his face. Apparently Lando would then regal her friends with their shared war stories, and in doing so, proceed to collect the personal comm number of every other woman in the establishment. Or so he said; Luke was generally too distracted to be able to witness it firsthand.

So Luke liked to think that he was pretty good with the ladies. He liked to think so, though if he were honest with himself he knew otherwise; in truth, the ones he really liked terrified him as much as they did when he was fourteen. He never knew what to say to them, and would generally come off sounding like an idiot. Actually, he was much less intimidated by a woman who was trying to kill him than one who was watching him and waiting expectantly for him to say something other than "I'm Luke Skywalker".

Which brought him to Mara.

As he stepped out the door and made his way across the courtyard garden to her suite, he kept his chin up and tried to affect a strut. She may have refused his offers to train her as a Jedi, but while they spend the next few days on the same planet, she might consent to join him for dinner. He climbed the steps that led to the second floor, and halted in front of her door. He admonished himself for being such a damn coward, and reminded himself that the worst that could happen is that she'd say no, and that wasn't so bad, was it?

He gathered his courage, and then pressed the door chime.

To his horror, the door opened to reveal Lando wearing a short, purple silk bathrobe exposing most of his chest. He grinned and slapped him on the shoulder. "Hey, Luke! Long time no see!"

Luke's mouth moved, but no words came out.

"Looking for Mara?"

There was a table set for two, and some long-stemmed glasses filled with wine... oh, it was awful.

"Come on in! But make it quick, will you?" He winked. "Hey Mara?"

Luke shuffled behind in a daze, only dimly aware of his friend briskly checking the adjoining rooms and jovially calling for his lady friend. Soft music floated in the air, and curtains billowed from the open doors leading to the balcony like the scene of a romantic holonovel. There were candles everywhere.

Lando frowned in puzzlement as he walked toward the open doors of the balcony. "Well I guess she's just stepped out...."

Luke followed him through the doors in search of fresh air to suppress his rapidly increasing urge to vomit, only to find that the balcony was surrounded by nothing but a sheer drop.

"Huh," said Lando, thoughtfully.

Luke wandered forlornly through the park until long after the sun finished setting, when he sensed someone hiding behind a tree up ahead. He frowned and cautiously approached...

"Luke?"

He blinked, and peered around the tree. "Mara?"

There she was, looking positively smoking in a low cut, deep purple gown. Her

2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    [face_laugh]Oh Lando. You never disappoint to give me a laugh.

=D=Great Job.

3. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
  4. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Luke Skywalker: the ultimate wingman. :p

[face_laugh] Oh Lando.

This was great!

5. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    :D

Oh, Lando.

I love Mara's complete dating ineptitude in this. I'm sure Luke will get the courage up again soon, though--and it'll have to be better than Lando! Oh, Tendra, what do you get yourself into?

Great little vig.

6. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    *spews diet coke through nose*

=D=

7. Ubersue

Sep 1, 2008

Sorry about your keyboard, Jade. :p

Thanks a lot, everyone! Though you know, I don't think Lando and Mara would make such a bad couple... *ducks tomatoes*

8. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    [face_laugh]

Poor Mara, that would be traumatizing! I think I'm traumatized from just reading it, lol!

Luke was so cute and nervous at the beginning, I loved it!

Great job! =D=

9. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    Ahahaha, that's adorable.

Is it bad though that I had no trouble imagining that Lando would be wearing a purple bathrobe to the door? [face_laugh]

10. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    [face_laugh] Yikes! Very funny. Loved the line about Luke being less intimidated by a woman trying to kill him :D

11. Ubersue

Sep 1, 2008

Is it bad though that I had no trouble imagining that Lando would be wearing a purple bathrobe to the door? laugh I like to think he owns several.[/quote]

Thank you!

12. Jedi_Saber101

Jedi_Saber101 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2011
    If Jack Sparrow were here, do you know what he would say?

"If you were waiting for the opportune moment...that was it."

Luke, you totally blew it.

Please! Update!

=D=

[face_peace]

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
  14. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    Lando wore her bathrobe......hahahahahahahah!!!!! LOVE IT! and I love that luke bungled it in the end...typical Luke, but so so funny!

Well done, thank you for the laugh!!!!

Huggles,
    [face_good_luck] Irish

15. Ubersue

Sep 1, 2008
    Oh, hello new readers! :)

Thank you very much! Glad to give you a laugh. :)

Thanks for reading and all your kind words, guys! You're all awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.