main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Day in the Life of a Hero - Han, Luke, Mara - HUMOR - *UPDATED 4/20* SHOPPING!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Eowyn_Jade, Aug 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eowyn_Jade

Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    lol...this chapter was very fun...sorry it took so long :(

---*---

Luke Skywalker had to give himself some credit. He had figured that by now he had done some pretty risky things in his life. Destroying a Death Star, taking on Darth Vader a couple of times, single handedly saving the galaxy more times than he could count?

Yet now he was realizing the seriousness of the situation he had just gotten himself into.

Luke shot Han a desperate glance, but Han was still looking at the sign. He was biting his bottom lip as if trying to contemplate whether or not he had a good enough argument to get them out of this one.

In desperation, Luke turned to Mara who was beaming at the building in front of them. She must have sensed Luke?s gaze though, cause she suddenly turned to give him a questioning glance.

?Something wrong, Luke??

Luke?s eyes went wide and all at once he forgot what his argument was as he saw a twinge of something in her eyes.

It was the regular ?you-had-better-be-able-to-bring-up-a-good-argument-farmboy-or-I?ll-embaress-you-from-here-to-Hoth.?

Wisely, Luke just managed a weak smile and forced himself to follow her into the building. As he passed Han, he clipped him on the shoulder, forcing him out of his daze.

?Don?t leave me alone with this!? Luke hissed at him, out of Mara?s earshot.

Han shot Luke a look of annoyance. ?Look, kid, if you plan on getting married this is something you?re going to have to put up with this?? he paused and glanced around, now that they had entered the building, ??a lot.?

Luke wrinkled his nose and glanced around again, weighing his options.

Shopping, Mara, shopping, Mara, Shopping?

Thankfully before he allowed his brain to run away too quickly, Mara called back to him.

?Luke! Luke, come look at this!?

He quickened his pace, Han close behind him. They both sped into the nearest store where Mara was, but upon seeing what Mara was looking at, Luke cringed, trying hard not to let her see his reaction. She was looking through an assortment of dresses ?but not just any dresses.

They had just stepped into a wedding store.

---*---

?Three strikes and you?re out, kid,? Han whispered to Luke as they both kept a safe distance behind Mara. She was not in the best mood right now, Luke having received his first strike by telling her he liked a color she didn?t, and receiving his second strike by questioning her choice of flowers. Luke was also constantly reminding her that if the public saw them together in a wedding store, they would get funny ideas and the news of them would probably get out faster than they wanted it to. But Mara was holding a deaf ear to his complaints and mearly continued to shop. She had, thankfully left the wedding store, but since then had visited about 10 other stores that Luke usually wouldn?t be caught dead in.

Luke shifted some of the bags under his arms to a more comfortable position. Glancing over, he saw that Han wasn?t having as much trouble as he was.

?Used to this, are you?? He asked his friend, half serious and half joking.

Han shrugged. ?Comes with the territory. I got three kids, and Leia?s got a full time job. Imagine holding two hands, having one ride piggy back and carry three shopping bags.?

?I take it you?ve tried this tactic?? Luke said with a grin.

?Many a times??

Mara turned another corner, walking faster, Luke and Han now struggling to keep her in their sight.

?You know,? Han started, ?I wouldn?t think of Mara doing this kind of stuff. She doesn?t seem like the shopping kind.?

?Or the cooking kind,? Luke added, shifting some bags again.

?She?s a spitfire that one,? Han agreed. ?You think you can handle it??

Luke grimace. ?I?ll admit, the game wasn?t that bad, I can deal with loosing. And the cooking?that was probably our fault, mostly. But the shopping?? he sighed and they turned another corner. Thankfully Mara had stopped and was examining a bunch of jewelry in a stand in the middle of the street, so they slowed down a bit. ??I don?t know, Han. I was never re

2. Eowyn_Jade

Jan 14, 2003
  3. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    [face_laugh] Poor Luke! Ah, you'll get the hang of it, er, maybe :p

More please? [face_begging]

4. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Luke, Luke, Luke.... Han really needs to tell you about male opinions when it comes to planning a wedding. You need to say, Yes, dear, whatever you like dear.... over and over... Do not, repeat, DO NOT give your opinion! It simply does not matter! The man's job is simply to show up on time and in the Tux the bride picks out! Tell him, Han! Before Mara kills him! [face_laugh]

5. Eowyn_Jade

Jan 14, 2003
    J_M_Bulldog - Well, maybe he will and maybe he won't 8-} But I'll sure be updating soon! Thanks for the review!

GreatOne - lol! That's great! yes, yes...so true [face_laugh] You gave me a nice idea for the next post too! Thanks for reading and reviewing!

EJ

6. Eowyn_Jade

Jan 14, 2003
  7. Eowyn_Jade

Jan 14, 2003
    up! Please!

8. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Oh, wow. I just chainsawed my way through this story. All I can say is funny! Man, Mara gets mad at the drop of a hat! And poor Luike and Han. They have no idea what to do with themselves, do they?

9. Eowyn_Jade

Jan 14, 2003
    Yeah! Another reviewer!

:[:D]:

o_O

err...yeah, well, thanks for reviewing :D

EJ

10. Laura_Anu

Laura_Anu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    Poor Luke...he really should have gone shopping with Mara before they got engaged, though. :)

11. Aimeer9

Aimeer9 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2002
    LOL poor Luke :D

12. Eowyn_Jade

Jan 14, 2003
    Oh yeah! more reviews! I was hoping that you guys hadn't abandoned me! thanks so much for coming back!

EJ

13. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    "Poor Luke" nuthin! 8-} The wedding is the easy part.

Now Han here:
    ?Used to this, are you?? He asked his friend, half serious and half joking.

Han shrugged. ?Comes with the territory. I got three kids, and Leia?s got a full time job. Imagine holding two hands, having one ride piggy back and carry three shopping bags.?

Han is da man! ;)

Fun post!

~Trace (who is obviously married with children, LOL)

14. Eowyn_Jade

Jan 14, 2003
    Oh I'm glad you said that Trace, I have absolutely no experiance 8-} So I'm glad it came out alright :D Thanks for the review!

EJ

15. Laura_Anu

Jun 27, 2002
  16. Laura_Anu

Jun 27, 2002
    Just bumping this back up.

17. Laura_Anu

Jun 27, 2002
    I hope this hasn't been abandoned...

18. Laura_Anu

Jun 27, 2002
    Just a little bump...

19. _princess_leia_

_princess_leia_ Jedi Master star 6

Feb 23, 2004
    This is a good story, I hope there is more to come.

20. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    more soon :D

21. Laura_Anu

Jun 27, 2002
    Uppers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.