main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Day Off (Wes/Inyri, Hobbie)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JainaSticksSolo19, Jul 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JainaSticksSolo19

JainaSticksSolo19 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 31, 2003
    Like the other baby-sitting stories popping up here, mine is also a response for the same challenge response. its been a wile since i posted anything here. i hope you guys like.

Title: A Day Off
    Pairings:Wes/Inyri
    Disclaimer: I don't own Star Wars. i only wish i did.

~

I woke up to the wonderful sound of the door bell buzzing. I figured Hobbie could get the door for two reasons; the first was that it was too early and the second was the fact that my girlfriend?s head was resting on my chest and I was not about to wake her. Unfortunately my nephew and niece had no problem with it.

?Uncle Wessie! Uncle Wessie!? Great, now they were jumping on the bed and using that horrid nickname my mother had given me. Meanwhile, Inyri had pulled the covers over her head. I looked over at the door to see my younger sister, Breanna, standing there with her arms crossed. What did I do now?

?You forgot, didn?t you?? She sighed ?Remember you promised to baby-sit today so Andrew and I could have a break.? Oh now I remembered; they couldn?t get a baby-sitter, so I said I?d do it. I?d also forgotten to tell Inyri or Hobbie; although Hobbie was probably laughing his head off right now.

?I?ll pick them up at six tonight, okay?? Breanna asked as she was leaving.

?Yeah six is fine.? Six! Already five minutes with them and I was going insane. Well, maybe I could get them to watch the Holo for the next twelve hours. I grabbed Galen, who was closest, and set him on the floor; then placed his sister, Sulwyn, next too him. Both had dark hair, blue eyes and a grin that made even me worry. Then I had an idea.

?Follow me,? I told Galen and Sulwyn as I got out of bed, this was gonna be great. We walked to the kitchen Hobbie and I shared. Hobbie, who already in there starting breakfast, glanced at me worriedly. Like I was gonna do anything, that?s what Galen and Sulwyn were for. I grabbed my water blasters from the top drawer and handed one to my nephew and the other to my niece.

?Okay you two wanna go wake Inyri?? they both nodded there heads, perfect. ?Good, heres what you do. You go fill those with water, then go back into my bedroom, aim at Inyri and then pull the little trigger.? Inyri was gonna kill me for this but it?s gonna be worth it.

?I hope you know she?s going to kill you.? Hobbie said from the ink where he was cleaning vegetables. ?Then she?ll get revenge and you?ll end up on the couch for the next few nights.?

?She?s sleeping?? I started to reply but was caught off by an earsplitting scream. Galen came running back into the kitchen with Sulwyn right behind him, both laughing. A minute later Inyri stood in the doorway. Yeah, I was in major trouble by the look on her face but I still think it was worth it. She was leaning against the door? she had a hand behind her back?Galen and Sulwyn were still laughing?.something was up and wasn?t gonna like it, whatever it was.

The second I finished that thought Inyri brought her hand from behind her back and in it she held a water blaster. How had she managed to get one of those? Then it hit me, my niece didn?t have hers when she got back in the kitchen. I should have known Inyri would turn them against me.

?Inyri, I know you?re probably very upset with me,? I started, time to do some fast talking ?but it was funny, right?? That was a mistake, by the look on her face; Inyri did not think it was funny. I realized I was going to get it and it probably wouldn?t end with getting shot with a water blaster.

?Upset, Wes? I?m not upset.? Inyri stated in a clam voice. Now I was really worried.

?Your not?? By now Galen was holding his water blaster up at me, Hobbie was trying not to laugh and Sulwyn was standing next to Inyri. Great, they?re all siding against me.

?Yeah, Uncle Wessie, ?Nyri isn?t mad.? Aw, how cute, she can?t say Inyri. ?She just wants to get you wet, it?s only fair.? Why did my sister have to teach them about being fair?

?Yeah, Wes, its only fair.? Hobbie mocked in my ear. I was gonna lose and Galen proved that by shooting. Then Inyri fir

2. Valin_Halcyon

Valin_Halcyon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Great job, Sitcks!!!!

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    That was wonderful! [face_dancing]

4. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    *applaudes* This was absolutely fabulous. I loved it! [face_laugh] IT was very sweet and insightful! Great writing too!

5. JainaSticksSolo19

Mar 31, 2003
    Val: Thanks

VaderLVR64: thank you.

Elfsheen: I'm glad you liked it.

6. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    This was good. Got two nieces and several nephews myself and can definately relate.

7. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    awhsum job JSS19! I'm just really happy to see more Inyri/wes stories getting out here finally!

8. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Sticks

[face_laugh]

great work, Sticks
    :D
    they had really an eventful day
    *kicks Wes in his lazy butt* go ask her already :p

i liked it :)

~Mags~

9. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    ?Most of the baby-sitters we get don?t baby-sit again.?

Bet we all know kids like that! LOL!

Thoroughly enjoyable viggie!

10. JainaSticksSolo19

Mar 31, 2003
    ccp: Thank you, I'm the oldest but i have two younger sisters and many cousins.

JAGSGURL15: Thank you. i love Wes/inyri pairings.

Maggy: thanks. i was going to have him ask but the ending wrote itself.

Healer_Leona: thank you. i have to baby-sit my cousins because no one else will.

11. Knight_Aragorn

Knight_Aragorn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    Aw, so cute. [face_love] I love the Inyri/Wes interaction. Great job! :D

12. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    [face_laugh][face_laugh]
    Three Wes Jansons....:eek: Cute interaction between Wes and his niece and nephew. Great Wes and Inyri interaction. [face_love] Awesome job!!:D
    --Wynssa

13. warm_fuzzy

warm_fuzzy Jedi Youngling

Jul 10, 2005
    Special delivery: a Warm Fuzzy for JainaSticksSolo19!

Oh my, you let Wes babysit?!? That's a scary thought.

?Yeah, Uncle Wessie, ?Nyri isn?t mad.? Aw, how cute, she can?t say Inyri. ?She just wants to get you wet, it?s only fair.? Why did my sister have to teach them about being fair?

I really enjoyed this line, because of how Wes switches from how cute they are to basically how it's not fair that they know about fairness. Very interesting narration style altogether - me likes!

I also enjoyed Inyri turning them on Wes - I guess you reap what you sow, eh? ;)

The kids are insanely cute - me likes how Galen asked if 'Nyri was going to be their aunt, and then actually calling her Auntie 'Nyri. You've done a great job with the adorable side of kids!

?Most of the baby-sitters we get don?t baby-sit again.?

[face_laugh]

Fantastic job, JainaSticksSolo19! Thanks for the laugh! :D

~~~

I am the King of the League of the Warm Fuzzies. My true identity is a secret, but there is a way for you to join the League of the Warm Fuzzies to find out who I am! Simply reply to 5 stories you've never posted on before - this is a great chance to delurk! - just like I've replied to your story. These replies are called Warm Fuzzies, because they make people feel warm and fuzzy inside! Once you've given out 5 Warm Fuzzies, I will PM you with an invitation to join the League - and my name.

I hope I made you feel warm and fuzzy inside today, and I hope you'll join me in spreading that feeling all over the boards! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.