main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Day with the Scoundrel

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Leia_of_Alderaan, Oct 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leia_of_Alderaan

Leia_of_Alderaan Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2005
    Hey all. This is my first non-milestone fic. Meaning it's not about an obvious event in Han and Leia's life. Like their marriage, pregnancies, etc. So, here it is!

Disclaimer: Everything and everybody in this story are property of George Lucas. I, in no way, own any of them. No money was or will be made off of this story. I am just a poor Star Wars fan writing about my two favorite characters (Han and Leia). Please don't sue me! I don't have enough money worth suing for!

Note: Words in italics are thoughts. This site has issues with indentations, so I'm sorry about the messy dialogue format. I don't know much about Sabaac, so just bear with me, please. This is a response to the following challenge. "Write a story post-ROTJ where Han and Leia are just spending a relaxing day together. They can, but don't have to be married yet. Must include a classic banter session, and interruption from the Alliance Coucil, some spicy Corellian food, and at least one good kiss scene." Han and Leia are married.

A Day with the Scoundrel

Introduction

Leia keyed in the last few words on the datapad.

"There." she declared. "One down..." the triumph in her voice dropped to disappointment. "four to go. I'm never going to get everything done in time go get home by five." Her face brightened as she heard a knock on her office door. "Come in!" she called. Her eyes lit up further, and filled with a twinkle as Han Solo stepped into the room.

"Hiya, Princess!" Han exclaimed.

"What're you doing here?"

"Oh, just kidnapping you," Han said as he pulled her into his arms. They kissed.

"What?" Leia questioned, baffled, as the realization of what he said hit her. What was her husband doing?

"Yep, you heard me right. I've cancelled all your meetings, extended all your deadlines, made all the arrangements, and I've even fixed up the Falcon."

"Wha..." Leia's mind still questioned. "But, Han! I have so much to do! I have four more reports to write, three holomails to reply to, two reviews to do, and one..."

"Star Cruiser in a Secchy Tree." Han finished for her, in reflection of the festive holiday song.

"But I can't possibly! There are so many..."

"Ah! Not another word, Princess. You're coming with me, and that's final!" And with that, Han swept her tiny body into his arms with one swift movement.

"Han Solo! You scoundrel! You put me down this instant!"

"Leia, you need a break and you know it. You're taking one today, no matter what you say. Even if I have to carry you kicking and screaming to the Falcon." Leia thought about her "image," and about what rumors and stories would begin going around if that scene were to be witnessed.

"Alright, alright. I give in. Just put me down and let me walk out of here like a civilized person." Even after years of being around Han, Leia still spoke eloquently--like a princess--instead of adapting Han's "smuggler" talk filled with slang, contractions, and improper grammar.

"As you wish, Your Worship." When she first met Han, Leia came to despise this nickname, but now it was one of her favorite pet-names that Han used. "Wait a minute!" Han said as Leia was reaching for the doorknob. She turned her head back towards him. "You're leaving all forms of communication here."

"What?!?" Leia began. "But what if the council needs me? What if they can't get a hold of me? What if..." Han cut her off.

"I think the council can walk through a day by themselves without you holding their hands. Now empty your pockets." With a sigh, Leia emptied her pockets of her holo-pilot and her iHolo. "And the holomailer," Han said. With one more sigh, Leia reached in and pulled out the holomailer.

Chapter 1

Leia sat in the co-pilot's chair of the Millenium Falcon as Han keyed in the coordinates for their surprise destination.

"Now will you tell me where in the force you're taking me?" she

2. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    A very sweet and funny viggie, L_of_A! Nicely done. I like your characterizations of Han and Leia very much.

Yavin IV. Yavin held so many memories.

Because you did such a lovely job on the story, I hate to be picky. [face_blush] I feel I should point out, though, that the memories you write about actually happened on the forest moon of Endor.

That doesn't change the fact that your viggie is a quality read!

@};-

oldj

3. Timothor

Timothor Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2004
    Nice read, great portrayal

4. Leia_of_Alderaan

Sep 3, 2005
    Oldjedinurse: DUMB! I knew there was something wrong with that passage. I'll go edit it. Thanks for that catch. Sure, I know Leia's cell block number on the Death Star, but sometimes I overlook the huge details! This is only my third fic ever, so the praise is greatly appreciated!

Timothor: Thanks!

I'm in the process of writing my next fic. That'll be fun. I have two prior to this one. I should probably post them, shouldn't I. I guess I've been relying on my myspace group, which is dead anyways. It's super small. If you have a myspace, you can check it out. The URL is groups.myspace.com/hanleia . I post as So lost, so found, so in love...so Princess Leia. Actually, I'm the moderator. I know the name's long. But hey! It's myspace!

5. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Very cute, sweet, and romantic, and a good observation that Leia needs Han to keep her from being too much of a workaholic. My only nitpick would be that some spacing between lines/paragraphs would make this a much easier read.

6. Leia_of_Alderaan

Sep 3, 2005
    Solo_Fan: Yeah. I know that the spacing sucks. That's why I wrote the note at the beginning. It was formatted perfectly in Word, but it wouldn't format right on the website. Sorry! I'm working on it. It even showed up in the text box. It just would not show up in the final post.

7. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    I really like how you write them.

You must have had fun writing it. I know I had a great time reading it.

What the heck is an iholo anyway? (rhetorical question)

Great job Leia.

8. Leia_of_Alderaan

Sep 3, 2005
    Lola64: I had a GREAT time writing this fic! I know the question was rhetorical, but I feel compelled to answer. An iHolo is kind of my play off of the iPod. I just wanted to stick to the rule of three, so I needed a third device for Leia to leave behind.

9. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    This is a fun fic. It's alwasy great to see Han and Leia play off each other.

Thank you for sharing this.

10. Leia_of_Alderaan

Sep 3, 2005
    Neo-Paladin: Thanks! You know, even more fun than writing these fics (which I put off my homework for), is posting them and seeing the responses.

Thank you all, so much for all the praise, suggestions, and constructive criticism. You guys have put me on top of the world. Yup. Delusions of Grandeur (I had to say it). I was a little nervous about posting my fics at first, but you guys made it totally worth it. Thanks a lot! *runs off to write her next fic*

11. Leia_of_Alderaan

Sep 3, 2005
    Alright! I still can't get anything to indent (if anyone knows, please tell me!), but I did edit the format so there's at least some spaces between paragraphs. (Yeah, Solo_Fan, it was buggin' me, too!)

12. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Oh, man, the rules of jalapenos are hilarious. It reminds me of Christmas Eve as a missionary, sitting there and eating six jalapenos as an appetizer while everyone else couldn't stand the seasoning on the carne asada. Anyway, very cute.

13. Leia_of_Alderaan

Sep 3, 2005
    Thanks DarthIshtar! It's so great to have praising comments from my master :).

14. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    I have four more reports to write, three holomails to reply to, two reviews to do, and one..."

"Star Cruiser in a Secchy Tree."

[face_laugh] Loved it, the whole thing was so sweet. [face_love] I especially liked how Leia kept using communication devices - hard to kick the habit. :p

15. Leia_of_Alderaan

Sep 3, 2005
    JadeSolo: Oh yeah. Have you ever set one on vibrate and then put it in your pocket? All day I'm walking around thinking I felt it vibrate, but it didn't. Then when it does, I don't feel it! So insane...

16. MichaelSolo

MichaelSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2005
    That sounded so much like them I love it.

17. Leia_of_Alderaan

Sep 3, 2005
    Thanks, MichaelSolo!

18. SITH_MAYO

SITH_MAYO Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2005
    Leia stared at Han in disbelief. Han smiled. He reached forward for the commlink. Within two seconds, the commlink was out of Leia's hands, into the air, and then into the river, lost in the swirling depths of the waterfall.

LOL, [face_laugh] nicely done, exactly what I would have done!!! Good old Han![face_laugh]
    I love this story, its great!:D You're writing portrays Han and Leia at their best! ;) Well done!=D=

Can't wait for more!
    S_M

19. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Nice.... :D I already know how this will turn out (I think), but put me on the Pm list, would ya? :p

C @};- S

20. Leia_of_Alderaan

Sep 3, 2005
    SITH_MAYO- First of all, that is one awesome name. I love it! Second of all...more? I really thought I was done with this!

Courtney_Solo- PM list? Seriously guys...this one's done! I wasn't planning on doing more to this fic. Actually, it's just a viggy. I've sort of misrepresented it as a fic. However, there MIGHT be more if I can work up the inspiration. I already have a lot on my plate now, though. I can try. Yup, Yoda would kill me for saying that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.