main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A day without you - [COMPLETED 7/28] - J/Z, Kyle, Kyp

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Stormtrooper_TK-421, Jul 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stormtrooper_TK-421

Stormtrooper_TK-421 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Title: A day without you
    Author: Stormtrooper_TK-421
    Timeframe: Five years after NJO series
    Characters: Jaina Solo, Zekk, Kyp Duron, Kyle Katarn
    Genre: Classic Trilogy Style Action/Romance
    Keywords:
    Summary: Jaina and Jag are engaged, and are going to be married in five days ? but when Jag leaves for the day, and Jaina runs into an old friend, the adventure that follows leaves her questioning everything ? including her love for Jag.

Chapter 1

Jaina Solo, Knight of the New Jedi Order, tapped her foot softly as she looked over speeders in a small shop on Courscant. ?Is this the best you?ve got?? she asked of a near by employee.

The employee lifted his goggles from his grease streaked face, and smoothed his long black hair. He reminded her a lot of Zekk, she noted. ?Well, that?s the T-46, a less powerful model of the T-50.?

I could have guessed as much, Jaina thought.

?It?s usually used by Senator?s wanting to ride around Courscant trying to look good; the T-46 is a more elegant vessel.?

?How much?? Jaina asked.

?Well?? the employee thought for a moment. ?Around four thousand ? you interested in buying??

?Four thousand? Hmm, well, no, I?m not really interested in buying, but thank you.?

The Zekk look-a-like looked defeated. ?Well?most people say that. I work on commission; you know?times have been hard, lately. The rebuilding of Courscant has got everyone?s money all tied up ? and we recaptured Courscant, what ? five years ago??

Jaina nodded absently. The only reason she had even come to the speeder shop was because Jag had run to make some pre-wedding arrangements for the day, and left her to herself. He said she couldn?t come along because he was planning something extremely special. She had agreed to stay behind, thinking she?d find enough to do ? but she had been mistaken, she reflected.

First she had commed the company providing her wedding dress, among other things, double-checking to make sure everything was all right. She had then sat and tried to relax for awhile, and just try to forget everything that was going on with the wedding for just one moment. She failed at this, though, and found herself pacing through the house, sipping caf and just thinking.

She had had a lot on her mind, lately. She was, of course, happy about the marriage ? but something just seemed out of place. She wasn?t sure what it was, but she knew she was going to figure out ? and she had better figure out soon, she knew. That?s why she had decided to get out and visit some small-time shops. Just to get out and clear her mind, get in touch with the Living Force in hope that it would speak to her ? and that when it did that she would hear it.

?You know what?? Jaina said impulsively. ?I think I?ll take that speeder.?

The employees face brightened, and he grinned widely. ?I?ll give it to you for three and a half thousand for your generosity. Thank you, Jaina Solo.?

Jaina?s stomach fluttered and she felt like someone had lifted her up high and then smashed her into the durocrete floor. ?Z ? Zekk?? she said, astonished.

The employee frowned. ?Zekk? Never heard of him. Are you all right, ma?am??

Jaina?s heard sank, and she tried to clear her head a bit. ?Yeah ? yeah, I?m fine. Sorry, for the confusion.? She handed him the sum due for the speeder. ?Thanks for everything.?

The Zekk look-a-like smiled. ?Your welcome, Jedi. May ? well, heh - may the Force be with you.?

Jaina just nodded, giving him a slight smile for reassurance.

?I?ll take your speeder to our little ?docking bay,? the employee said. ?And you can take it from there. Pick up your key at the blue door, it?s pretty easy to find.?

?Thank you.?

Jaina strolled out to the ?docking bay?, which was really just a side wing of the speeder store, and found the blue door. Right next to it was a female employee who handed her the key to the speeder. She then walked over to the speeder, and sat in the open cockpit. She stuck the key in, flipped a few switches, and felt the engines start up.

N

2. Stormtrooper_TK-421

Nov 29, 2004
    I'm just posting this now, because you really need to read the first two chapters right away to get where the story is going:

Chapter 2

Jaina got a hold of herself quickly, and gave a slow, stuttering greeting. ?Hey, Zekk ? how - how have you been??

Zekk just stood and watched her, and Jaina began to grow nervous. She glanced over at Kyp, but the Jedi Master was sipping at his drink, and wasn?t being much help at all. She offered Zekk a warm smile, but he simply started at her, and then past her, as if he was looking right through her, right into her soul, seeing everything. He took a step closer, and if not for Jaina being engaged, would have wrapped her in a large embrace. Instead, he merely put a hand on her shoulder.

?Hello, Jaina.? He said softly, as his hand rested there. Jaina knew she should have felt at least a little uncomfortable, but she couldn?t force herself to feel that way. Not even with the help of the Force. But all he said was, ?How?s Jag been??

She blinked, taken a bit off guard. ?Jag?s?been good. He?s been doing good, yeah.?

?So,? Zekk said, holding onto her shoulder a bit tighter, his eyes looking into hers. She could see the pain of all the years, and she felt almost saddened when he painfully asked her the question, ?How?d he purpose to you??

She blinked back tears, although, she wasn?t sure why. ?We were in a little ship?just flying around Courscant, looking out into space, just talking. And he said?he said he could tell that I wanted him to purpose to me, so yeah ? he did.?

At this, Zekk?s lips formed into a lopsided smile. ?He always has been one to try and predict people. So did he make the right prediction??

Jaina took a step back, and Zekk?s hand fell away. ?Yes, yes of course.? She gave a diplomatic smile that looked like it belonged more to her mother than her. She glanced over at Kyp, who still wasn?t helping, and who was still sipping at his drink. She quickly brushed away a tear running down her face as subtle as she could, but failed to cover her emotions in any way.

Kyp then decided to help. ?So, Zekk ? are you ready to head off??

Jaina?s head tipped. ?Where are you guys going??

Zekk spoke softly, as he smoothed his still long hair back. ?There have been rumors that a Dark Jedi has been terrorizing the lower city, committing petty acts of violence against the Galactic Alliance.?

Kyp added, ?It may not be that bad ? this Dark Jedi can probably barely even fight compared to us ? but he?s a pain in the back side, and we need to deal with him ? or her.?

Zekk looked into Jaina?s eyes, and she felt the weight of a thousand worlds fall onto her shoulders as she held his gaze. ?We?d like it if you came along,? he said tightly, nervously almost.

Normally, Jaina would have been taken aback, and claimed that they probably didn?t want her to come along ? but this was different?this was very different. She had to give him some grace ? just helping out an old friend.

Kyp spoke again as he stood up from his seat. ?We?re meeting Kyle Katarn, who knows more about Dark Jedi than even Luke, at the Nom Anor in about an hour.?

Zekk groaned. ?Another cantina??

Kyp shook his head with humor in his eyes, as he began walking out, Jaina and Zekk following him. ?You have to remember who set the rendezvous point ? a Corellian.?

They walked out to Jaina?s new speeder. ?Will we all fit inside?? Kyp asked as he eyed the two-man open cockpit speeder.?

?We could always have you sit in the cargo hold,? Zekk said with a grim laugh, showing at least some life.

Jaina just watched as they both sat into the speeder, distant. She was thinking at a million light years a second, and she didn?t know what was going on. She was so sure about Jag?and now, she sees a person she used to love ? and now she didn?t know. She just didn?t know.

Kyp shouted over his shoulder and the engine of the speeder. ?Are you going to hop in, Jaina??

?Um?sure!? she shouted over the engine. She hopped up onto the speeder, and took the ?seat? next in between Kyp and Zek

3. Stormtrooper_TK-421

Nov 29, 2004
    Well, no one's really reading this, but I'm enjoying writing it, so I'm just gonna keep writing. :)

Chapter 3

They set down next to the other cantina and all hopped out. Jaina tried to put her mind in mission mode, so that way she could forget about all that was happening. It was so surreal, and she tried to just forget it.

Kyp spotted Kyle Katarn first, ?Hello there, Imperial.?

Kyle groaned and turned from his drink to face them. ?Do we really have to use the code names??

?Yes.?

?Very well.?

Kyle was sitting in an outdoor area of the cantina sitting under a large overhang that provided shade on the hot summer day, but not much else. He had just been sipping at his drink waiting for them to come, sitting at a table for three.

?Well,? Kyle said, noticing a third companion in the group meeting him. ?If it isn?t Jaina Solo? I haven?t seen you forever. How?ve you been?? He then turned to Kyp. ?And uh?what?s her code name, Destroyer??

Kyp cringed at his code name. He should have figured as much that he?d get stuck with it, being the Destroyer of Worlds to the Yuuzhan Vong in their mind game like warfare around seven years ago, but still. But that reminded him, ?Goddess,? he said. ?Her code name is Goddess.?

Jaina didn?t try to hide the fact that she was annoyed. ?Goddess, huh? So what?s Zekk? Sith??

At this, Zekk cringed a little himself.

Kyp shrugged. ?Sure, if that?s what you want. It?s kinda catchy, right Imperial??

?I would have to agree, Destroyer?

Zekk frowned. ?I guess I?m ok with that?if it has to be.?

A smile played on Kyle?s face. ?Well, we would have called you that regardless.?

?Well, that?s nice to know, Kyle. Anyway,? Zekk said. ?Where was the Dark Jedi last spotted??

The Corellian cleared his throat, ?He was spotted near the rebuilding of the Senate Dome, which is not a good place for a Dark Jedi to be lurking about, obviously. We need to take the speeders, set down at around thirty klicks from the Dome and comb the area; of course, after Kyp combs his hair.?

Kyp just shook his head in grief. ?So this is the finest of the Jedi Masters??

?Pretty much, yeah. But we should be headed off soon, Kyp. I?m sensing their may be a bit more to this situation than just the Dark Jedi. Perhaps he has allies.?

Kyp nodded. ?Perhaps. I and Jaina will take her speeder, and Zekk and Imperial can take Imperial?s speeder over there. Sound good?? Everyone nodded, or made a gesture of approval. ?All right, well let?s go then.?

Flying over Courscant with Jaina, Kyp asked a question. ?So what?s it like to be with Zekk again??

?It?s?strange. I feel?torn, but I know I shouldn?t be. I?m engaged to Jag, I promised myself to him, and he promised himself to me. That should be enough, I shouldn?t have these feelings.?

Kyp stayed silent, and ? like he expected ? Jaina kept talking.

?I mean, I love Jag. He means the universe to me. I?oh, I feel so stupid for feeling like this! I just need to get control of my mind before I do anything, or say anything stupid. Yes?that?s what I?m going to do.? And with that, she seemed settled enough into what she was going to do, and Kyp didn?t even need to say a word. He smiled inwardly.

But yet, he chose to speak. ?I understand what you?re going through Jaina. I mean?I can?t say I?ve ever been in your exact situation, but I know all about torn loyalties. I think,? he said. ?That the reason maybe you?re feeling this ?attraction? to Zekk is because you?re so nervous about the wedding. You need to just stay strong, Jaina. Stay strong for Jag.?

Jaina felt odd talking to someone who used to think he loved her about love, but he was still her Jedi Master of sorts, even though she was a Knight. ?The Force brought me here for a reason though, Kyp, with you guys. I?m trying to figure out what it is maybe it has to do with Zekk. I?m not saying I?m supposed to love him instead, I?m just saying that maybe I need to come to some sort of resolve with him.?

?Or maybe you were just supposed to help us

4. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    It's looking good S. TK-421. I'm a big Z/J shipper, so stories like this are always high on my must read list, but this also looks like a promising plot arc too. I can't wait for more!

Thanks for Sharing this.

5. Jedi_Bubbles

Jedi_Bubbles Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    It's good!!! I liked it, and I hope to see more. There are just a few problems I have and they're only spelling and grammar.

This is the first thing I've read with Kyle Katarn and I must say that he's quite funny. You have Kyp down nicely. I'll pop in again in a few hours to see if you posted or something.

6. Stormtrooper_TK-421

Nov 29, 2004
    There are just a few problems I have and they're only spelling and grammar.

strange...I'm writing it on a word document and copying and pasting it over here, so it *should* have picked up on most of that.

This is the first thing I've read with Kyle Katarn and I must say that he's quite funny.

Thank you. :) I'm a big Jedi Outcast fan, so being able to put him into the story is pretty cool for me.

You have Kyp down nicely.

Thank you once again. :D I like when I write Kyp to have him be a bit serious, but still have a sense of humor (which he usually lacks in the novels).

btw, thank you *so* much for reading my story! [face_dancing] For awhile I thought no one was going to read it, lol. I want to write a new chapter tonight, but I've got a friend over, so we shall see if I get it done.

---TK

7. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Hey, sorry it took me so long to get here to read this! Thanks for PMing me about it. As I said, I've never read a story that focuses mainly on one of the Solo Twins, so I'm excited to broaden my horizons. I think you've set up this story very well, and I'm interested to see where it goes. I don't really have a preference to who Jaina ends up with already set, so it'll be interesting to see how the story sways me. ;)

I really liked this part:

?Or maybe you were just supposed to help us hunt this Dark Jedi,? Kyp said, thoughtful. ?Sometimes the answer we?re seeking is right in front of our eyes, all we have to do is open up and see. It?s not always complicated, Jaina Solo. Remember that.?

Kyp really seems mature here, and it's a good fit for him. I like what he has to say about the will of the Force...one can't mold it to what they want it to be...they must be open to all possibilities. Nice!

I really want to see your Star Wars/Monty Python crossover when you finish this story--I loved Armchair Jedi and would love to see more humorous pieces from you. Keep up the good work!

8. Fireyforce

Fireyforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    Stormtrooper this is a supurb story! I'm really enjoying it. Sorry I didn't reply till now, been away. Can't wait for more though.

Fireyforce

9. Stormtrooper_TK-421

Nov 29, 2004
    Hey guys - thanks for all reading! :) For awhile, I really thought no one was going to read this, but you guys came through, which is really awesome. :D I'm going to do more replying to each of your posts later, but I'm going to wait until I have some more time.

New chapters today! Read Chapter Four and Five right below!

Chapter 4

?Hmm?? Kyle was pondering something.

?What??

?Nothing, Kyp. I just feel like something is wrong.?

?Have you been drinking again?? Kyp walked up next to Kyle, who had been scouting a bit ahead until he had stopped short.

?By the Force, that must be it.? He paused. ?Actually, no. Remember that feeling I had that there may be more than just the Dark Jedi here??

?Yes. And??

?And I think I was right.? He looked around, eyeing a nearby warehouse that held components for the building of the new Senate Dome. There was many of these warehouses in the area, but Kyle seemed focused on this one. ?They?re in there,? Kyle said, stroking at his graying beard. ?Although I?m not sure why.?

?Maybe they commandeered it.?

?How do you commandeer a building, Kyp??

?I just meant that maybe they took it over. Sorry that I didn?t use the right word.?

?Well, we might have to send you back to grade school, Kyp ? that?s basic stuff, there.?

?I?ll finish my education if it?ll help you feel better ? but let?s check out that warehouse first, all right??

?Very well, let?s go. I?ll lead the way, you watch my back.?

They walked up to the blast doors of the warehouse, and Kyle stuck his ear up to the door, trying to hear through it.

?Um,? Kyp whispered. ?Those are blast doors, you can?t hear through them!?

Kyle hushed him. ?Shut up, you don?t think I don?t know that??

?Oh never mind. Corellians,? he sighed. ?Always trying to look good.?

Kyle motioned Kyp to come a bit closer. ?There?s thirty thugs beyond that door ? what do we do??

?Get Jaina and Zekk, firstly, and then - ?

?No, that?s not it. We don?t drag them into this. We?re Jedi Masters ? we can deal with this. Here,? he pulled something out of his weapons belt. ?We?ll use this.? It was a frag mine. He held it up to Kyp. ?We?re going to play a little game of ding-dong ditch.?

Kyp frowned at this idea. ?We might lose some material that?s needed to build - ?

?Screw the material ? we might lose good men and women if we let this threat last another minute.? He chuckled to himself as he laid the mine next to the door. ?This is going to be fun.?

?I think you have been drinking, Kyle.? Kyp looked down to see the mine was laid. ?But I think we need to get out of here.?

?Nonsense, we?re not going to trip it, because we know where it is. Anyway, here I go.? He pulled a sidearm from his weapons belt, and looked over his shoulder at Kyp. ?There?s no doorbell.?

?Ah.?

Kyle promptly blasted the door twice, and then took off in a dead spring backward. ?Come on Kyp!? Kyp followed him at a slower sprint, but still ran.

Hastus, a Rodian, was the first one to hear the blast. He yelled, ?Blaster!? And ran to the still closed door.

Soon, fifteen other thugs same and crowed around him. ?What do we do?? asked one.

?I?m not sure,? another said. ?We should wait for our leader to return though.?

?Why wait?? Hastus said forcefully. ?Need to check this ? now.?

?Fine,? the other thug replied. ?But we may need more help. He called over all the rest of the thugs to the door, and soon all thirty thugs were standing and staring at the blast door.

?Well?? one said. ?Someone?s gotta open it.?

?Make the Rodian do it!?

A chorus of agreement shot through the crowd, and the Rodian shrugged. ?If you human cowards will not ? I will. Simon, open the door.?

The human called Simon opened the door at a nearby terminal, and the Rodian looked out into the distance, still not passing the threshold.

?Well, step through the door!? one insisted.

The Rodian looked over at him. ?Fine!? He took a step forward and ?

Kyle grinned at the explosio

10. Stormtrooper_TK-421

Nov 29, 2004
    New chapter! Please read! :)

Chapter 6

Kyle pointed to one human missing an arm. ?There, we?ll question that one.? Most of the others were either dead or dying. This appeared to be the only thug that was going to survive.

?Where?s your master?? Kyle demanded.

The thug winced. ?I?ll tell you,? he said. ?Just promise that you?ll get me to a medic, and that you won?t hurt me.?

Kyp nodded. ?We?ll do this for you. But for now ? where is your master??

?My boss is the puppet of a crime lord ? the man who commands the crime lord?s troops. Us.?

?And is your boss a Dark Jedi?? Kyle asserted.

?No?he was hired by a Dark Jedi. Hired to be the Dark Jedi?s personal guard here on Courscant.?

?How many thugs are or were there?? Kyp asked.

?Fifty. You?ve?you?ve already taken thirty of us out.? He groaned from the pain.

?We?ll get you to a medic as soon as possible - ?

Kyle cut the other Jedi off, ?As soon as you answer one thing ? where?s the Dark Jedi headed for next??

The thug?s eyes grew wide. Kyle could tell he was about to black out from the pain. ?Where is he?? Kyle demanded. ?Where?s the Dark Jedi?!?

?He?s at the -? he coughed, and tried to speak again. ?The Jedi ? the Jedi?? and with that, he blacked out.

Kyp knew where the Dark Jedi was though. ?The Jedi Temple. He?s at the building site of the Jedi Temple!?

?Why?? Kyle paused. ?Dumb question. The question is, why not? And that?s a dumb question too, because he?s already there. If I were a Dark Jedi, the first thing I would want to do is to sabotage the rebuilding of the Jedi Temple ? on Courscant of all places too.?

Kyp pulled out his comlink. ?I?m comming the medics, you go to the Temple. There?s a large worker force there, and we want to lose minimum people.?

?Good ? well, I?ll com Zekk and Jaina and tell them to meet us at the Temple.?

?All right, sounds good.?

As Zekk held her, she heard the buzzing of a comlink. Zekk turned it off. ?This is more important,? he said.

?What if that was Kyle??

Zekk waved it off. ?Then I?ll comm him back ? but let?s just wait a few more minutes.? He held her close to him again.

The thoughts of the question flooded back to Jaina?s mind ? Zekk or Jag? So far the only points she had gathered for Jag consisted of her being engaged to him. There were a lot of great things about Jag, but Zekk had all of Jag?s greatest ? plus something more. There?there was just something about him, she didn?t know what it was. But then again, she was trying to feel not think.

But perhaps, could she feel with the Force? That wasn?t thinking ? that was trusting her feelings. Should she look to the Force for guidance? She thought that she should, and she was about to reach out to it, to plead to it, when she heard something.

?Why hello there.?

They turned around to see a group of five thugs, all training blasters at them. From the middle of the group came their leader, walking at a leisurely pace.

?Who are you?? Zekk asked harshly, now not holding Jaina, but still holding her arm softly.

?I, my Jedi friend, am Major Tracen.? He trained his blaster rifle at them. ?And I do believe I?ll be taking you to my quarters here on Courscant. As prisoners.?

Zekk reached for his lightsaber. ?I don?t think so.?

What happened next seem to stretch for infinity ? but in reality was only a few seconds of time. Major Tracen ? who had master reflexes after years of fighting ? took a single, precise shot ? aimed at Zekk.

Zekk activated his blade, trying to force it to deflect the shot ? but in that split second he knew he was too late.

The shot flew right underneath his careening blade, striking him directly in the stomach ? and as his body dropped to the ground, a red flashed in front of Jaina?s eyes. Was it the Dark Side? No. It was the pain of being so closed to figure out what to do, and then losing the choice ? it was her pain.

And in the sea of red, Jaina activated her purple blade, and stared at Major Tracen. She simply stared at him, but the p

11. Jedi_Master_Mouf

Jedi_Master_Mouf Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2004
    I just found this, I love it

12. Neo-Paladin

Dec 10, 2004
    I continue to enjoy the plot of this one. It has me well and hooked. I look forward to more. :D

13. Stormtrooper_TK-421

Nov 29, 2004
    Stormtrooper this is a supurb story! I'm really enjoying it. Sorry I didn't reply till now, been away. Can't wait for more though.

Thank you. :) Keep excepting more from this story, and then even more Post-NJO stuff from me in the future

I don't really have a preference to who Jaina ends up with already set, so it'll be interesting to see how the story sways me.

We'll make a Zekk-lover of you yet. ;)

I really want to see your Star Wars/Monty Python crossover when you finish this story--I loved Armchair Jedi and would love to see more humorous pieces from you. Keep up the good work!

Yep, I'm also exited for that one - I think I'm going to be switching off between humor and more serious stories (although, all my stories tend to have *some* humor, it's just who I am :p )

I've already written the first five chapters for the Monty Python story but I'm waiting until I finish this one (it'll probably be another four, five chapters longer, it's a shorter "novel", 'cause it's called "a day without you" so it covers a mere day in the GFFA, plus perhaps a wedding day? [face_whistling] )

I just found this, I love it

Good to hear! :D

I continue to enjoy the plot of this one. It has me well and hooked. I look forward to more.

Glad to see you enjoying it all, and hopefully the ending will be good to it! [face_peace]

---

Btw, I said that this story is only going to be around four or five chapters more (arond 10 chapters) - but don't worry if you're enjoying it! Because this story is going to set up a trilogy I'm going to be writing sometime in the near future. It's going to take place probably around two years after this, with this short "novel" setting it up. (clearing Jaina's love story, getting Kyle Katarn into the thick of it, the ponderings about the Force).

I'm glad to see you all enjoying it, a new chapter should be coming today (I better write it soon though, because I'm going to the store soon to pick up Dark Nest [face_dancing] )

---TK

14. Stormtrooper_TK-421

Nov 29, 2004
    Well, I didn't get to buy Dark Nest today :( - but if you all could Read and Reply I'd feel much better! :) :p

Chapter 7

Kyle Katarn walked up to the main doors of the temple, pulling the hood of his robe up for real known reason. Kyp would have scoffed and said something sarcastic about Corellians if he had seen this.

He looked to two Temple security guards over as he approached them. It was two male humans armed with blaster pistols and vibroblades. ?I need to get in,? he told them from underneath his hood.

?And who are you, sir??

?Kyle Katarn, Jedi Master and a member of the Jedi Council.?

?Then why the secrecy?? one of them asked, confused.

Kyle Katarn held a finger to his mouth, quieting them. Now the security guards were even more confused, but Kyle really didn?t seem to care. He just walked past them, and through the large door and into the Jedi Temple.

Inside the Temple, Kyle Katarn could sense the Dark Side. The Dark Jedi was here, and he knew it. He also sensed ? Jacen Solo.

The young man approached Kyle Katarn and looked at him, bewildered. ?Any reason for the hood pulled up over the face?? he asked.

Kyle looked at the ground. ?I?m searching for a Dark Jedi that I believe to be somewhere in this Temple.? He started walking toward the new Room of a Thousand Fountains, and motioned for Jacen to follow him.

They took a short cut, walking through part of an unfinished wall, and soon were walking down a corridor headed for their destination.

?Nice place you got here,? Kyle Katarn said as he looked through a widow with no durasteel. ?Everything?s so ? finished.?

?We?re doing the best we can,? Jacen said. ?If we work hard, and with a little luck, we should be done in?two years.?

?Two years?? Kyle exclaimed quietly, as not for the Dark Jedi to hear them (Kyp also would have frowned at this).

?Well, yes, to have it completely done. In about a year we should have the main bulk of it done ? but it?ll take another year to get everything such as pluming, ect. to be completed.?

?Ah, I see. So anyway Jacen, would you happen to know where we could find a Dark Jedi??

?Well,? Jacen said, thinking about it. ?He might be hard to find. Besides us, he?s the only person inside the Temple.?

?What about workers??

?Well, they?re on lunch break right now ? but they should be back within an hour.?

?Good, that?s good,? Kyle said. ?We?ll have to find them before the workers get here, though, so that gives us an hour. Should we split up??

Jacen shook his head. ?I don?t think so. He probably has someone with him guarding him.?

?The thugs??

?The thugs??

?Yep. I?m sure all the thugs that me and Kyp didn?t get will be with him. There could be up to twenty thugs with him.?

?Wow?well, in that case, we should stick together.?

?I agree.? Kyle pointed toward a side corridor. ?We should head down there.?

?And why?s that, oh hooded one??

Kyle smirked. ?You have got a sense of humor, Jacen. And I really don?t know why we should, but let?s just go there, all right??

Jacen shrugged. ?Works for me.?

Jaina was there. She had reached the Temple.

As she slowed down her flat out sprint to a walk, she realized how fast her heart had been beating, how much her adrenaline was pumping. She felt distant from herself and lost.

She tried to bring her back to herself by taking a few deep breaths, and reaching out to the Force for help. She tried to feel ? and she felt afraid. She was afraid that Zekk was dead, now. She was afraid that the Dark Jedi had perhaps already killed one of her other friends. But mostly, Jaina Solo was afraid of her thoughts, her logic.

Logic was the key to everything ? a key to finding out who you truly were. The key to stepping outside your self and deciding if you were a good person, or if you were evil. It was a frightening thing, this logic, but Jaina realized that logic was just as important as emotion.

Maybe she needed to do more than just feel ? maybe she also neede

15. Neo-Paladin

Dec 10, 2004
    Having read, I'm now replying. It was nice that Jaina could make the leap in perspective to see outside herself. I'm pleased to see Jacen enter the fray as well. It's too bad Zekk will miss all the action. ;)

And I'll have you know, I set aside Harry Potter for this :p

16. Briman

Briman Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2004
    Found this yesterday and finally sat down to read it. Very nice, I'm enjoying Kyp and Katarn most, you've got their characters down pretty well according to me.

17. Stormtrooper_TK-421

Nov 29, 2004
    It was nice that Jaina could make the leap in perspective to see outside herself.

Sometimes that's the only way to solve our problems - to step outside ourselves and just look at what's happening. :)

It's too bad Zekk will miss all the action.

Yeah, maybe we should have him and Jag fist fight over Jaina :p (Just kidding, just kidding!! [face_peace] )

And I'll have you know, I set aside Harry Potter for this

Now *that* just made my day!! [face_dancing] And today's been really crappy too, so I appreciate that. :)

---

I'm enjoying Kyp and Katarn most, you've got their characters down pretty well according to me.

Thank you. :) And yeah, I've got them down better than Jaina and Zekk - I'm still getting used to writing those characters. I've written stories before with Kyle and Kyp so I'm a bit more comfortable writing them. And I'm also glad to hear I'm doing a good job writing them! :D

18. Stormtrooper_TK-421

Nov 29, 2004
    New chapter! Please Read and Reply, even if you've replied to this story before! :) (Multi. replies let's me know you guys are still reading and enjoying it [face_dancing] )

But without further word from me:

Chapter 8

The medic arrived a few minutes, after Kyp commed for him, and he frowned a bit when he saw Kyp?s hand over Zekk?s face.

Kyp cleared his throat, uncomfortable with Jedi Healing practices. ?It?s a ? it?s a Jedi thing,? he said.

The medic stared down his large nose at Kyp. ?Indeed. I am Zolie, the finest on Courscant, and I?ll be watching over young Zekk. For now, I shall look him over briefly, and by the time I am done with that, the speeder should be here to take him to Courscant Medical.?

Kyp nodded, still keeping Zekk?s breathing going with the Force, not wholly trusting the medic. ?Sounds good.? He gave the thumbs-up with his free hand.

Zolie frowned upon Kyp. ?You can let go of him now ? unless you like it.?

Kyp quickly stood up and cleared his throat as he brushed off his cloak. ?Of course, not sir. He?s all yours. Take care of him, now.?

Zolie didn?t even acknowledge him as he attaching a breath-aide to Zekk?s face, and studied the wound.

Kyp decided that maybe he should book out of there, so he jogged quickly over to Jaina?s speeder. Once there, he hopped in and took off. His destination: the Jedi Temple.

At the moment, Kyle Katarn was definitely a sight to behold.

Dressed in all black robes, hood pulled up, skulking around in the dark hallways of the Jedi Temple ? it was humorous almost.

In his older age, Kyle Katarn wasn?t per se going crazy ? but he didn?t really care what people thought about him, and he would act however he wanted to; he didn?t care. Why would he care? He was in his fifties now, and no one really cared about him anyway. No one loved Kyle Katarn, that much was true ? not even the one he loved.

Jan Ors.

No, not even Jan Ors loved him. Maybe before, true, but not now. Not a chance. Not a flaming chance in the galaxy.

He sighed as he walked through another empty blank, dark, room. The room reminded Kyle of his heart ? blank and dark. Not dark by the means of the Force, but he was hurting ? hurting so terribly.

He had been hurt so badly that he couldn?t even feel it anymore ? and that scared him. He didn?t know what had happened, or when it had happened ? but it was Jan that he loved, and Jan that would never love him back. Jan who would always be?a friend.

He cursed the word ?friend?. He hated ?friends? ? in fact ? he didn?t even have any. Not any true friends. Oh sure, he knew plenty of people, but he had no one to talk to ? no one to confide in. No one to love?even love as a friend, as a brother or a sister, as a son or daughter. There was no one for Kyle Katarn.

No one at all.

But then a sound broke Kyle Katarn out of his thoughts ? the sound of footfalls. But this time, instead of charging them himself ? like he always did ? he would go back a little ways, find Jaina and Jacen, and they would work together.

And it would be a change, working together with someone. But he would love it, he knew he would.

He knew he would.

?Jaina, Jacen, I found them!? he exclaimed.

Jacen looked at him. ?Really? Where did they seem to be, or to be going??

?To the new Room of a Thousand Fountains?where we were headed to before. Too bad we got sidetracked, it wasted time.?

Jacen shook his head. ?Well no, perhaps it was good that we got sidetracked. I and Jaina needed to talk concerning a few things.?

Kyle eyed Jaina?s almost-giddy face. ?I swear you?ve been doing spice, kid.?

?Nope, Katarn, ?cause you?re my anti-drug. You know, with you being such a good example and stuff.? Jaina?s look was mischievous.

?Uh, sure?let?s just head for the Room of a Thousand Fountains, all right??

Jacen motioned. ?Lead the way, Kyle.?

As they walked to the Room of a Thousand Fountains, Jaina whispered to Jacen, ?I sense something familiar, but a darker version of it.

19. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    *jaw drops* wow....

I found this todaym Stormtrooper_TK-421, and it's excellent.. I love that it's J/Z, your portrayls of Kyp and Kyle are excellent... Jaina, Jacen and Zekk are good, though I do have one question.

Why does everyone keep calling Jaina, "Jaina Solo"? I know she's outgrown "Jaya", but the addition of the last name seems a little odd..

Anyway, all in all, the plot line in this is wonderful and I'm glad you'replanning this to be a trilogy.... I can't wait for more!

20. Neo-Paladin

Dec 10, 2004
    I'm glad I could brighten your day... or evening as the case may be :p

I Raynar was an interesting twist. I look forward to seeing how it goes.

21. Stormtrooper_TK-421

Nov 29, 2004
    Why does everyone keep calling Jaina, "Jaina Solo"? I know she's outgrown "Jaya", but the addition of the last name seems a little odd..

hmm...well, Kyp calls her that a few times because he's trying to get a point across, and it seems to just fit with what he's saying.

Zekk, same thing, he's trying to get a point across, and it just seemed - to me at least :p - that it fit in there.

I'm glad you'replanning this to be a trilogy.... I can't wait for more!

Good to hear :) And don't worry, you'll get more.

---

Raynar was an interesting twist. I look forward to seeing how it goes.

Raynar is one of the elements that'll shift over into the next trilogy - and no, I'm not going to copy Troy Denning, I haven't even gotten my copy of The Joiner King yet - but he's going to be in there (the trilogy). (But no, I'm not going to be copying on however Troy Denning uses him, so no worries there [face_peace] )

22. ZekksGoddess

ZekksGoddess Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Whew, I'm all caught up now. Very interesting fic you've got going here, to say the least. I' m very eager to find out where it's headed. Hurray for J/Z!!! And...Raynar!?! Hope for another update soon!

23. Briman

Briman Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2004
    Wow, you post quickly! Superb updates, and I'm liking Kyp more and more.

24. Stormtrooper_TK-421

Nov 29, 2004
    Hope for another update soon!

I want to write the 9th chapter tonight - so you can probably excpect it sometime then. :)

---

Wow, you post quickly! Superb updates, and I'm liking Kyp more and more.

Yeah, that's my one talent: being able to write/update fast. :p And I'm glad everyone seems to be enjoying Kyp and Kyle. [face_peace]

25. Stormtrooper_TK-421

Nov 29, 2004
    New chapter, this is 2nd to last chapter! Please read and reply! :)

EDIT:

I messed up a bit in the beginning of this chapter. I messed up some continuity, a line said by Raynar, not to mention a gender confusment. [face_worried] Ok, well, it was just a typo, but still :p

All I edited was the first little bit of the first scene, so just read it and become unconfused (if you were confused before...and if you weren't, read it anyway ;) )

Chapter 9

Raynar Thul gave a curt nod as he stepped forward. ?It is I.?

?You?re?you?re different,? Jaina said as she noticed his darker features. ?You?ve fallen to the Dark Side.?

Raynar Thul scoffed. ?Do not state the obvious, Jaina. We both know that I?ve turned to the Dark Side.?

?I knew too,? Kyle punched in.

?Well, well, if it isn?t the infamous Kyle Katarn. Still in your right mind??

Kyle shrugged. ?Somewhat.?

?He is,? Jaina pressed. ?Raynar ? why did you turn to the Dark Side??

?I didn?t have a choice,? he said. ?So instead of fighting, I simply embraced my destiny. My Master told me it was my destiny to join the Dark Side, so I - ?

?Who?s your Master??

Raynar laughed. ?I wouldn?t tell you if you held a lightsaber to my throat, Jedi. You know what you know, and be satisfied with that.?

?All I know,? Jaina said. ?Is that I?ve lost a friend today.?

?You lost him long ago,? he said, reflective. ?And I know that word cannot get out about the Sith Order.? He activated his blood red lightsaber. ?I will kill you both, right here.?

?Sith Order?? Kyle asked, seeming not interested.

Raynar didn?t give him the compliment of an answer, and twirled his blade in reply. But Kyle guessed that he was correct ? the Sith were trying to return into power.

Jaina held her already activated blade into a defensive position, not wanting to urge the fight on ? normally she?d want to do that, but this was different. Much different.

Kyle, on the other hand, quickly swung his blade into a medium stance, ready to attack. Jaina threw him a dirty look, but the darkly robed Jedi didn?t notice. He said, ?You take the thugs, and I?ll take the Sith. Deal??

?Deal.? Jaina was almost glad she wouldn?t have to kill Raynar ? she would let Kyle deal with that threat. She noticed Raynar moving toward her, trying to destroy the Jedi?s strategy. In response, Jaina force leapt over Raynar, and began attacking the thugs. She took out the first one with a backward swipe as she landed, and second on a pivot move.

Kyle stepped toward Raynar, trying to initiate a challenge. Jedi Master verses Sith Apprentice. He was ready for this duel to begin, and especially ready for his little plan to come into play. He hoped Jacen had succeeded.

As Kyle and Raynar clashed lightsabers, Jaina took out a forth thug. This was too easy for her, so she decided to get it over with quickly. She reached into the Force ? but was whacked in the back of the head with a blaster rifle. She almost blacked out, but somehow managed to stay in fight. Unfortunately, though, she was too dazed to even think about reaching into her wealth of Force powers. She would just have to take them out the old fashioned way: straight battle.

Kyp ran past the two security guards, not even bothering to tell them who he was or where he was going. He ran through the doors to the Temple and almost ran into a worker. He winced as he apologized for almost running into the man, and hoped silently that Kyle had found the Dark Jedi. If he hadn?t, it was very possible that many workers would die before they could deal with him.

Using the Force to strengthen his perceptions, he heard battle sounds from somewhere around the Room of a Thousand Fountains. So Kyle had found the Dark Jedi after all?and Jaina and Jacen? Hmm, the odds were good now ? although he knew Kyle never cared about those.

But Kyp sensed they were in danger, so he stopped thinking and started running, headed toward the Room of a Thousand Fountains.

When Jacen walked into the

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.