main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A day without you - [COMPLETED 7/28] - J/Z, Kyle, Kyp

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Stormtrooper_TK-421, Jul 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stormtrooper_TK-421

Stormtrooper_TK-421 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    bumping this up to page 1 - everyone make sure you read this and reply so I know when to post the next chapter. :)

2. Jedi_Bubbles

Jedi_Bubbles Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    I read it all and I liked it. I'll have you know that this has distracted me from writing. Very nice, though. Oh, and you have shown a side of the Solos that I didn't know: the thinking side.

3. Stormtrooper_TK-421

Nov 29, 2004
    The final chapter of "A day without you" - please read! :)

Chapter 10

Kyle and Jacen hopped into Kyle?s speeder a short time after Kyp and Jaina took off. Kyle got the air speeder running, and then took off.

As they sped over Courscant, Kyle asked of Jacen. ?Do you think the Sith will rise again, Jacen??

?I don?t know, Kyle. Raynar was a?less than formidable opponent.?

?Yeah, but give him a few more years of training ? with his lightsaber especially, and he?ll be formidable. Trust me.?

?Yes, true ? and I didn?t even bring Lumiya into consideration. I don?t know how powerful she is by now ? I haven?t seen her in seven years ? but I don?t think I want to find out how powerful she?s become.?

?We?re going to have to though,? Kyle said. ?Knowledge is the greatest power. I think we proved that today with the little fountain incident.?

?Yeah?that was a pretty good idea, Kyle; I?ll give that to you.?

?Thanks,? he said. ?I wonder how we?re going to explain that to Luke, though. We basically ruined an entire room in the Temple.?

?Yeah?all those pipes in the Thousand Fountains are going to need to be replaced, they all blew up. Not to mention that all the walls will be ruined, and the East wall is gone. Thankfully the floors are stone, so they?ll be fine.?

Kyle shook his head in disgust with himself. ?Maybe it wasn?t such a great idea after all. Do you think the Temple will be finished in two years, now??

?Well, we were looking at possibly being done in a year and a half if we got lucky ? but now, yeah, it?s going to be two years. But its ok, Kyle, you were just trying to help.?

?Yeah?I know.?

Jaina raced through the hallway to Zekk?s room, joy and the Force quickening her step. She dodged medics, carts, equipment, and random other things. Zekk was in room 303, and when she found the door number, she slowed her self down, took a deep breath, and knocked on the door. ?Zekk?? she asked.

?Jaina? You can come in.?

She walked in to see Zekk lying on a hospital bed, appearing to be fine. Luke was standing beside him, but decided to leave when Jaina arrived. He walked out of the room, not saying anything.

Jaina noticed Zekk wasn?t hooked up to an IV or anything else, so she assumed he would be getting out soon. But she still asked, ?Are you all right??

?Never better,? he said with a lopsided grin. ?That guy just got a lucky shot in ? I assume you took care of him?? Jaina nodded. ?Yep, that?s the Jaina I know.?

Jaina nodded absently, knowing she needed to tell Zekk about how she wasn?t going to marry Jag, and about how she loved him. ?Zekk?when you were shot down like that, I thought you had died. I?well, to be honest, I was scared. And I know I never get scared?but I was scared that I had lost you. I felt like?like I was coming to a conclusion about something, but the opportunity to make the decision was ripped away from me.?

Zekk was silent for awhile, and Jaina bit her lip as she watched him contemplate. He finally asked, ?What was the conclusion that you wanted to come to??

?I ? I wanted to decide if I really loved Jag, and if I loved you.?

Zekk nodded evenly. ?I see. So ? did you come to this conclusion??

?Yes.? She took a step closer to him, now standing by his bedside.

?So?what did you conclude?? he said, looking up at her with an unreadable expression on his face.

She knelt beside him, and took his hand. ?I love you, Zekk.?

Zekk?s spirits lifted from the graves to the heavens in that one instant. In that one moment where Jaina had taken his hand, and said those words ? it was like a corpse being raised from the dead. He took her other hand, and brought her close to him for an awkward ? yet completely satisfying ? embrace. He held her as she knelt beside him, just enjoying the moment, not worrying about what tomorrow would bring, just being overjoyed that Jaina felt the same way he felt about her.

?I love you too, Jaina,? he said right before their lips met in a kiss he had longed for for as long as he could remember. Jaina loved

4. Briman

Briman Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2004
    The End, already :_|

But a really good chapter to end it, I was impressed. I liked how you wrote the Solo's, especially Jaina and when she went to Zekk to tell him she loved him. Very nice. I'm glad she didn't end up with Jag, I hate that guy. Can't wait to read your upcoming trilogy, promises to be good!

5. Stormtrooper_TK-421

Nov 29, 2004
    The End, already :_|

Indeed :( But if I tried to make the story longer, it would defeat the purpose of it - to be a little, quick, 10 chapter story that shoots into my trilogy. It's like "The Hobbit" or something. :p

But a really good chapter to end it, I was impressed.

:D

I liked how you wrote the Solo's, especially Jaina and when she went to Zekk to tell him she loved him. Very nice.

lol, yeah. that's probably the best romance scene I've ever written. and also, I got better writing the Solo's over time - I'm just excited I got to work out a few of the bugs, so I can write the trilogy to be best of my ability.

Can't wait to read your upcoming trilogy, promises to be good!

*resists giving away spoilers...* I'm really exited about it, and I want to tell everyone, but I have to keep everything a secret [face_shhh] or at least try to :p

One thing I'll say, though, is that the 10th chapter points a good finger towards what will happen in the trilogy - so if you're getting anxious for it ( :p ) read the 10th chapter again.

---TK

6. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    Well it felt quick, but I know the trilogy is coming, so I don't feel at all bad about it. :D

And, yeah, the NR needs a military, but at least they have Zekk to rescue them till they can raise one ;) :p

In all seriousness, this was a fun read. I liked the journey they all walked, and I liked how consequences were handled.

And I hope Zekk learned to use a Force push first, then go for the lightsaber. :D

7. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Wow, great story TK! You were a writing machine with this one, weren't you? ;) I couldn't keep up with the chapters! LOL

I really liked all of your characterizations, and I like the "moral" of the story (or at least how I understand it) that even 1 or 2 people can upset an entire galaxy or order--and where is that line drawn? J/Z deserve to be happy, right? It's just a whole can of worms!

Now, I can't wait for the new Armchair Jedi! :D

8. Stormtrooper_TK-421

Nov 29, 2004
    but at least they have Zekk to rescue them till they can raise one

Exactly. And believe me, they're gonna need him. [face_worried]

I liked the journey they all walked, and I liked how consequences were handled.

Yes, the consequences of this one little story make a huge effect on the entire galaxy. One small event dives into another, and then after awhile the whole galaxy is involved. Like, for instance, take a look at 9/11 - one terrorist attack, George Bush retaliates, and now look at what's going on - a bunch of not good stuff.

I can't say I was trying to copy our current world situation, but that seems a good thing to compare it to. (George Lucas is guilty of *that* one..."I AM the Senate!" :p )

And I hope Zekk learned to use a Force push first, then go for the lightsaber.

Maybe I'll throw that in my story as a nod to you ;)

Kyle: "Now remember Zekk - Force push first, then draw the lightsaber."

:p

---

You were a writing machine with this one, weren't you?

I actually wrote this story in six days... :eek: I guess I've had nothing else to do lately, so I've been writing a lot.

J/Z deserve to be happy, right?

Exactly. Except destiny tends to be cruel to young lovers. :(

Now, I can't wait for the new Armchair Jedi!

[face_dancing]

---TK

9. Jedi_Bubbles

May 18, 2004
    I feel tempted to sing "The End".

I hate endings, it means the story stops. That's depressing. And Jag didn't get rejected yet! How could you end it? That trilogy better come out soon!

Anyways, great job! I loved and can't wait for more, as I said above.

10. Stormtrooper_TK-421

Nov 29, 2004
    That trilogy better come out soon!

Oh, it will...like I said, I just need to finish the plotline, then I'm going to be posting a "teaser" trailer for it :p (I've got to tantalize you guys a bit before I get to the actual story - but don't worry, I'll post the first chapter soon after that, I like to be nice to my readers :) )

11. Jedi_Bubbles

May 18, 2004
    Yay, teasers! Post them soon!

12. Stormtrooper_TK-421

Nov 29, 2004
    I will :) once I write it, that is ;) But don't worry, I've got what I want in mind for it to be, and it should be good. :D

But I'm headed out for the night, but expect some more writing from me *somewhere* (either the Trailer, or more on my Monty Python/NJO crossover)

Night all! I-)

---TK

13. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    *claps* excellent ending to this...

I've started reading the sequel, so I'll be around for it... looking forward to finding out what happens...

and I love your reasoning for Jag not helping the republic *evil grin* bad Jag... Bag, bag Jagged, such a petty person [face_shame_on_you]

Ah well, the plot thickens.. at least Jaina's with Zekk ;) :D [face_love]

14. Stormtrooper_TK-421

Nov 29, 2004
    bad Jag... Bag, bag Jagged, such a petty person

Indeed, but if it wasn't for his selfishness...

the plot thickens.. at least Jaina's with Zekk

you wouldn't have *that* ^^^ :p

btw, great to see a new reader! Always need more of those! :)

---

btw, everyone, I slightly revised the beginning of Chapter 9, becuase I screwed up on a few things...head over to Page 1 to quickly read it (it's going to take roughly 45 seconds to read)

Thanks!

---TK

15. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    so which is more important? true love or the greater good? *references The Princess Bride* Ah, there it is! "Wuv, twu wuv... that dweam wiffin a dweam" Guess that answers that question!o_O

Zonoma

16. Stormtrooper_TK-421

Nov 29, 2004
    so which is more important? true love or the greater good?

It seems like those two can't co-exist, doesn't it? o_O kinda stinks :(

anyway though, really glad to see you read this, and you can head over to "The Cost of Love I" if you want to see what happens after this story :D

---TK

17. Emperion_Blade_Gaurd

Emperion_Blade_Gaurd Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 28, 2005
    Earlier you said that you liked Jedi Outcast, (And that you were doing a lot of research for this trilogy...) I infer from the first comment that you have not played, (Or maybe you just haven't beaten...) The previous three games in the series... I own all four games (Use to own Jedi Academy, The 5th, But I beat it and it has no reply value so I returned it, Got back everything I paid for it too...) And I have beaten all but Dark Forces (Which is the first, And the only reason I haven't beaten it is because it hase massive levels and no mid-level save feature...) Anyway, Being the massive Kyle Katarn fan that I am... (And also a stickler for detail...) I simply have to tell you something... Kyle Katarn is NOT Corellian! (Unless there's something in Dark Forces that I don't know about...) He's from Sulon, A moon of Sullust, (This is from Jedi Knight, The 2nd game.) I would recommend that you get the books, Beat all but Dark Forces... (Or just read the books and play Mysteries of the Sith, (the expansion pack to Jedi Knight, But IMHO actually the 3rd game in the series...) Since the books probably cover the events up to MotS... (Haven't been able to get ahold of the books yet...) Anyway... The rest of the story was AWESOME!!! Or something close to that...
    When's the trilogy start?

18. Stormtrooper_TK-421

Nov 29, 2004
    oops...I just assumed that he was Corellian. [face_whistling] and uh...the trilogy *never* starts, lol. I tried writing it, and it ended up sucking badly...I tried to start it too soon. but basically the characters/ideas I had for it were put into a story called "If we came back from hell..." -- it doesn't quite follow the same story line as this, but it shares some of the ideas I had for the trilogy. so if you want the trilogy, 'If we came back from hell' will have to suffice ;) it's a good story, though, and I think you just might like it. [face_peace] Thanks for reading!

---TK

19. Emperion_Blade_Gaurd

Emperion_Blade_Gaurd Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 28, 2005
    Well... That's just... Depressing...

*Sighs*

Well as a way of saying sorry for all this trauma that you've caused me...
    How bout writing Kyle into If We Came Back from Hell.... (Assuming that you haven't already...)

I like the way you write him... (I mean, Besides that whole Corellian thing... :p)

20. Stormtrooper_TK-421

Nov 29, 2004
    well, yeah, he's in the story, and I've actually already finished the story. and btw, it kinda makes you wonder if Kyle survives or not (in the 'If we came back from hell' story), but he does indeed survive....I kinda forget him for a moment, so we never find out what happens to him [face_worried] so yeah...it was a mistake, but yeah - just read the story and you'll see what I mean ;)

---TK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.