"A Deception of the Force" is now online!

Discussion in 'Sacramento, CA' started by crutag-ventor, May 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crutag-ventor Jedi Master

star 4
    A Deception of the Force is now available for the first time! Thanks to Saintstoryteller for hosting. A low quality version is up and hopefully soon a high quality version will be available. I am not sure how the site will hold up because we are expecting a large number of downloads for this film.

Of course constructive criticism is welcome, along with pertinent questions, but please keep flaming and such somewhere else. My biggest wish of all is for this to be fun and that you may be entertained by the sweat and blood put into this film! ;)

Thank you all for the encouraging words and support!

Enjoy! :D

ADOTF
  2. drippyzeo Jedi Master

star 4
    Um...what's that white bar at the bottom of the screen?
  3. drippyzeo Jedi Master

star 4
    Um...what's that white bar at the bottom of the screen?

And here's my review...

*** SPOILERS AHEAD ***

Ok, I feel bad admitting this, crutag, but I wasn't really a believer in ADOTF. I'm not saying that I didn't appreciate the obvious time and effort that you put in, and I could feel for you when TFN rejected it, but I wasn't too impressed by what I saw or heard. It seemed like yet another Jedi vs. Sith film, the sort where strong special effects are used to hide a poor script and even worse plot. And I was starting to get really tired of those types of films.

Then I actually watched ADOTF.

Obviously, my reaction was colored by the prejudice I already had. In many senses they were right: it IS a Jedi vs. Sith flick, and many of the elements seemed clichéd. Plus, the high technical feats I was expecting were there. (NICE job on the tracking shots!)

Having said that, there were quite a few surprises. The acting was much better than most fanfilms: I think the scoundrel did the best job. Most of the lightsaber fights were believable, especially the Bane one. The binocular view was a great element, as was the missle...how did you pull that off?! I also liked the nifty move Bane pulled at the end.

And thank goodness most of the film didn't take place in a forest. :D

I could nitpick, but this is your moment in the spotlight and I don't want to take that away from you. One thing I AM compelled to point out is that the plot was kinda confusing. When the Sith witches turned up, it was like...huh? I was kinda expecting Bane. It helped that that was explained a little bit later, but it was still kinda confusing. The part with the Falcon was confusing, too...how did it get there? Was it the bounty hunter's ship? If it was the scoundrel's, what was he sticking around the moon for?

Still, it was definitely a strong effort. Although I think i can see why TFN would reject it (more because of content [Jedi vs. Sith plot] than quality [which was very good]), I can also see many reasons why they shouldn't have rejected it, and considering many of the recent films they've put up, I'm not sure why ADOTF didn't make the cut.

*** END SPOILERS ***
  4. crutag-ventor Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks ;)

The character biographies on the websit explain more why Janar was on the planet. I tried to set their conversation to a more realistic note.
  5. sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Downloaded it. Seen it. Liked it.

I'll have to watch it again (in a cleaner version) before I give a review of any kind.
    I thought it was good, the effects looked good even in this "scruffy" version.
    I don't see why TFN would reject it. it's better than most the films they have on there now (and wayyyy better than more than a few..I wont mention names)

Henry Anakin watched it with me and here's his review.
    "Ooooooooooooooo" (for the lightsaber fights) and "Ship!" (when he saw the falcon fly away) also "Deeetooo!" (he thought R2-d2 was in it for some reason, but he doesn't hold that he wasn't against you or your film)

(odd note: I finished watching it at 11:38am..now there's a good sign)

Do you still plan to put it on Dvd? count me in for a copy.

For myself I love fanfilms, even the ones that don't look so good or have poor acting, because you can still see thier love in it. it's a great expression of fandom to see people who love something like SW so much they want to add thier little part of it.

this makes me want to see confrontation all the more. as well as have some part in the production..even if it's just bringing the krispy kreame's.

Also makes me want to make Chewy's Angels..but I'm no sure how that would come out on a shoe string budget.
    I do have another spoof in mind for a Jedi/Sith version of OLD SCHOOL that would be cheap to make.

6. crutag-ventor Jedi Master

star 4
    That was the most touching review I have seen. Thanks would you mind posting it in the FanFilm forum?
  7. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I watched it this morning.. and my review is... *MJF holds two thumbs up.* My favorite parts of the film include the music you selected for each scene was just perfect, I liked the Jedi/Bane lightsaber duels, the "bad" bounty hunter's telescopic lens and rocket, and I loved the humor of the "good" bounty hunter and his interaction with the Jedi. The ending of the film was also very good. :D
  8. crutag-ventor Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks, you have been the only person who seemed to pick up on Janars mannerisms with the Jedi. I thought it would add a little bit of reality to the scene.
  9. sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Just tell me where (new thread, some other thread) and I sure will.
  10. Donovan Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Awsome man! Can't wait to see it.

...and I disintegrate.
  11. crutag-ventor Jedi Master

star 4
    sacul-1138 I can't get the link to work but on the home page on the left will be "FanFilm Forum" the post is for ADOTF. :D
  12. sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Done and Done.

I left out the part about my spoof idea's don't want anyone to steal my award winning idea (roll eyes here)

Edit:
    Also isn't there an award show for Fanfilms now? I forget who does them. Dude you should enter it. if nothing else to get your film seen.
  13. qui-gundi_15 Jedi Master

star 4
    i thought it was pretty bad ass. good camera angles. 2 thumbs up :D
  14. crutag-ventor Jedi Master

star 4
    I?m working on it. ;)

What about AJJ, EJ, and LDV? Have they fallen of the face of the Earth?
  15. qui-gundi_15 Jedi Master

star 4
    hey crutag is there a way were i can download it on to my comp. like a zip file?
  16. MattesKrymsod Jedi Knight

star 2
    Devin's online every now and then..but yea, he hasn't posted in a while?

HE GOT BANNED AGAIN?!?!?!?
  17. crutag-ventor Jedi Master

star 4
    DVD?s are in the future for all who can afford them. Mwa ha ha ha!
  18. qui-gundi_15 Jedi Master

star 4
    i'de be happy to buy one
  19. Elvish_Jedi Jedi Master

star 2
    nope, still around. just flew around the face of the earth. :p i've actually been wondering where you are, Crutag, until lately. i should still be in for any productions, if they're this summer. i'm gonna try to be taking a Sierra College summer class and getting a job, but i should have some free time.
  20. qui-gundi_15 Jedi Master

star 4
    i'll be in new york all of july so if i'm gonna do filming this summer butter be in june or august.
  21. JoeSunrider Jedi Master

star 4
    Sssh Crutag! You can't sell it! Lucas will send in the legal hounds! They'll hump your leg!
  22. crutag-ventor Jedi Master

star 4
    I know that, just being funny. The cost will be for materials.

I havn't seen pacman ether!
  23. JoeSunrider Jedi Master

star 4
    It's still iffy though. There was a long thread about it in Fanfilms a while back.
  24. pacman Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm here! Well...sorta.

Looking good Crutag!

I only got to watch the first couple of minutes of the film, but it looks cool! I hope to have some time in a couple of days to watch the whole thing.

Ya'll should totally throw together a premiere for the film. Just have it in June so I can come! :)
  25. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Sorry crutag haven't seen it yet. I am smack dab in the middle of moving, and packing up the "collection" has been a royal pain in the a$$. Four days later and more than 50 boxes and I still have one wall to go. Two nights ago, I was in the midst of downloading ADOTF when my computer crashed my AOL softwear. I had to unistall AOL and then run to Walmart and get one of those promo CD's and reinstall AO(hell) version 8.0. In the process, I lost all my star wars bookmarked sites and all my saber customers info. So, it has not been a good week. Hopefully tonight, I will download it get to see it.

And no Mattes, I haven't been banned again, just very busy.

EDIT: BTW crutag, I just tried to download it and there is something wrong with the page.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.