main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT A Declaration of War within the fandom (PT Haters)

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Delta Scepter, May 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Delta Scepter

Delta Scepter Jedi Master star 1

Jun 5, 2014
    Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jedi Council, my fellow saga and prequel fans, on this day May 4, 2016, propose an insurrection to counter the growing and increasing threat of the Prequel Haters. This small, yet powerfully vocal group is threating to destroy everything we have worked so hard to build, and erase the movies we love from existence. This group has even influenced those on the corporate level, and worse, also influencing the younger generations such as my younger brother and sister.

I say it is high time that we started becoming more vocal ourselves. This peaceful protest, Gandhi-MLK poodo is not working. I suggest more aggressive tactics. We must fire with fire. We must strike back. And yes, I am condoning a course of action that would lead us to war with the Prequel Haters.

I propose we rally together others like ourselves on the various websites, forums, groups, and social sites and media. We then use the haters tactics against them. Where they post lies, false truisms, and “received wisdom”, we counter that by posting the truth, facts, evidence, and trivia.

We must quell this meme, who is with me?!

2. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Isn't that what most PT lovers already do?

Countering falsehoods isn't the same thing as spreading them, so it's hardly the same tactic.

This aggression just seems misguided. Just enjoy the prequels, and spread what you love about them. That's the only way to get anyone to listen.

3. Delta Scepter

Jun 5, 2014

That's exactly the kind of attitude that has got us into this mess in the first place. It makes us look weak!

4. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015

Hmmm....I smell dictatorship...

While it's great that you love the PT and have the enthusiasm, fighting nukes with nukes won't make peace.

Best way is to turn the other cheek, and become calm.

Of course, it would be *kinda* fun to raid every internet site.[face_devil][face_dancing]

5. AshiusX

AshiusX Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 7, 2016
    I won't stoop down to their level. Some of them to be honest come off as mean-spirited and unlikeable people. I don't want to be like them.

6. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005
    Overall, I think we should all work to promote the movies in a positive way (if that's what you really wanna do: get prequel love out there).

On the other hand, don't be afraid to be firm with people who bash or equivocate, either. They've had the microphone too long. And it's perfectly okay -- wholly necessary and life-affirming, in fact -- to stand up for what you believe in.

My real fight, however, is for secularism and humanism over religion -- especially over religious obscurantism. A bit more important than sticking up for space movies now owned by a multinational entertainment conglomerate.

(Even though I've spent considerable time with these movies, having a fight that really doesn't matter too much, in the grand scheme of things.)

7. Delta Scepter

Jun 5, 2014
    You cowards. Damn your non-confrontational ways. There is a war on the horizon, and you won't do what needs to be done to stop it.

Darth Basin likes this.
  8. Nate787

Nate787 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 29, 2016
    Nobody is trying to erase the PT from existense.

9. Sepra

Sepra Force Ghost star 5

Jan 14, 2016
    I don't really understand?

I mean, if someone doesn't like the PT, I usually mention why I do. I'm not really sure why any fan has to "go to war" with other fans...

10. museinwoodenshoes

museinwoodenshoes Jedi Master star 4

Nov 25, 2015

[​IMG]

The atmosphere here on the boards has already gotten way too malicious recently, we do not need to fan the flames any more.

And sorry Nate787 I quoted you by accident.

11. {Quantum/MIDI}

Dec 21, 2015

It's just THAT time of year. Hopefully, it won't be too long.

Deliveranze likes this.
  12. Sepra

Sepra Force Ghost star 5

Jan 14, 2016
    I agree Muse. It's why I don't post on the boards as a whole often, and why I'm protective of the threads I am on.

SuperPersch and Ezon Pin like this.
  13. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    I've noticed a certain hostility to not only the PT section but all sections of the forum as well. But hopefully things will cool down.

Ezon Pin likes this.
  14. {Quantum/MIDI}

Dec 21, 2015

Here but mostly the TFA forums. It'll cooldown soon but man, I have noticed some crazy salt in the forums..

Chancellor Yoda likes this.
  15. Darth DoJ

Darth DoJ Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 13, 2016
    I hate Justin Beiber's music but I don't run around the internet ranting on about it - why must people bitch and moan about movies they hate?

There are aspects of the PT I really don't like but I love every SW movie and don't mid discussing the good and the bad, but there would be no point in randomly bashing the stuff I don't like, it's silly.

That said, is your mother going to get sick because of people on the internet trashing a movie or three? Is a cat going to die because of it? Is the movie going to disappear from existence or are you going to stop enjoying it? No. Don't fuel the fire. Just let the mods do their job.

Many Bothans died to bring you this post.

16. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    While I low key always wanted to troll OriginalTrilogy.com, I am way too old for that and it's a waste of time because eventually you're going to be ignored. I don't care about the exception of others for these films. I don't say when someone doesn't like them "Oh yeah I like them but they are bad." No half ass apologies. I stand my ground and I tell them why they are some of the greatest blockbusters to ever grace the screen. If they disagree fine by me but they need to hear others instead of antagonize. That said, I don't think fueling hate with hate is a good idea in anyway. One of the first things I learned I'm when I arrived here is to be passive. Not passive aggressive.

17. {Quantum/MIDI}

Dec 21, 2015

On point Brotha-Ranze.

Fighting fire with fire, will only create a more disdain within the social group of the fandom.

Darth Downunder and Deliveranze like this.
  18. xezene

xezene Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    I did consider actually producing a Youtube series meant to examine the positive contributions of the PT from many angles. However I never went ahead with the idea, and as such, it just remains an idea at present. :p

Ezon Pin and AshiusX like this.
  19. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Fandom's a lost cause,
    Time to jump ship!

I kid. No the fandom is just silly. Everyone seems to be jumping at each with knives and daggers if they have different opinions.

Frodo:
    "I wish GL hadn't have sold the company, I wish it has never happened"

Gandalf:
    "So do all that are forced to take that path but it is not for them to decide. It is only what you decide to do with that, that matters"

20. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    I'm not joining any war until we determine if Cad Bane is really a Duros.

21. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    And if that contradicts the EU.

22. SuperPersch

SuperPersch Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2004
    No thank you. I already struggle to keep my passion in check. Do not lure me to the dark side. I will not turn, as the former SuperPersch may have done, a Sarcasm Knight of old.

Sent from my brain using thumbs.

Ezon Pin likes this.
  23. AshiusX

AshiusX Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 7, 2016
    I wouldn't. If you are a fan of PT. Then Youtube is probably the worst place to be in. You'll be flooded with hate comments by PT haters and by acolytes of Red Letter Media.

24. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    "Youtube comments, you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. You must be cautious."

Kenobi1138, Deliveranze and AshiusX like this.
  25. {Quantum/MIDI}

Dec 21, 2015
    You had the same plan also? I was contemplating on if I should create series or not like that with others..

I've been thinking this for months now...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.