main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends A Deeper Shade of Green : Sequel to HOME. Oct. 4 (a tiny partial post - size matters not )

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jodiwent, May 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Thanks to everyone reading and replying, Healer_Leona, Aya-Na_Bashu, Kestrel_Kenobi, Gkilkenny, WWERVD7, dralksakrak, Jaya Solo, no-one, Dooku-Darklighter, and I was sorry to hear you wouldn't be around for a while Just-Pain-Shmi, I hope there will be a lot for you to read when you return.

My seatbelt eggplants are slowly going away, Kodo has been doing alot of humming as well as Dooku-Darklighter, and even my waiting for insurance is over. . . Let's hope I have better luck with this car than the last one.

DSG part 6

Four days on board the small temple transport, simply known as transport 21-B, the younger Jedi had no problem entertaining each other. The fact that Meli and Yoda were already friends helped in that regard. The Jedi Master and the Jedi Knight however had little to say to each other. Paak sat on one side of the solarium while Gara sat on the opposite. Both sat with crossed legs and crossed arms; contemplating the other. They acted as if they were watching the younglings? activities in the center of the room, but their eyes would dart to look at each other with suspicion. The wariness of the older Jedi did not affect the younger ones. They were content to sit on the floor, playing hand games, reciting silly poems or riddles, even singing. One of the songs Padawan Meli found amusing was one that they had made up when they were very young initiates.

?Hands, hands, we?ve got two. Fingers, fingers we?ve got four. Claws, claws, all the more - - ? This tune was accompanied by the showing and matching up of Meli and Yoda?s hands. The girl turned to her master to tell, ?See - - ? she held up Yoda?s hand. ?We are different, but we?re the same.?

?Yes Padawan,? Gara pretended to be interested.

?We made that up when some of the other younglings made fun of us having four fingers and claws.?

?Very good Padawan,? Gara glossed over. ?But you are a bit older now.?

This statement made the Arcadian?s pale face flush. She was normally reserved in public, but relaxed among friends. Meli was quickly learning to keep composed in her master?s presence. ?Garade? is my master, not a friend,? Meli ruminated. Her teacher was not going to be the type of master who took on a parental roll. As one who has no memories but those of the Temple, this did not bother Meli, but it was a slight - - let down. Over the years she had seen the ease and closeness of other masters and padawans when not in training. Knight Paak had always appeared very brotherly towards Yoda once classes were dismissed. ?But they have known each other for a very long time,? Meli concluded. ?Perhaps, Master and I will grow closer after a while.? She hoped.

?Yes Master,? Meli voiced. ?We were just remembering.?

Yoda didn?t say anything, but Paak imagined the green boy was thinking, ?Humph!?

With perfect timing the pilot, Rovis, announced over the ships com unit, ?I thought your graces would like to know that our trip along the Correlian run is about to bring us past Tatooine, meaning Ryloth is next. Perhaps one of you could come up here, and give a more precise definition of how close, close to Ryloth is.? With a click Rovis? announcement came to its short close.

Paak stretched into standing and called, ?Let?s go up front Yoda.?

Yoda stood to follow. On instinct Meli stood as well.

?Padawan,? Gara called. ?I believe Knight Paak only needs Yoda.?

?Oh, of course,? the girl sat down with realization. She went to set next to her master, wondering if Garade? knew any riddles. Somehow, she doubted it.

The pilot greeted the two Jedi with the salutation, ?Well Gents, can I get some numbers for my nav-computer, or are we going to keep riding out into wild space??

Neither Jedi answered. The little green one hopped up to the co-pilot seat and closed his eyes.

?Never saw someone navigate that way,? Rovis quipped.

?Hush,? Paak scolded. ?Let him concentrate.?

Concentrate is what Yoda did. He was searching for

2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Gara continues to be her pushy, annoying self. *Sigh* I like her apprentice Meli, though. The girl seems friendly and has a calm head on her shoulders. Yes! Nice to hear from J'ili, again...though, I was expecting a visit from a Force Ghost, not to see Yoda 'possessed'.

A step closer to Chee, that's good. I fear Paak and Yoda are running out of time, however. Good job and I'm lookin' for the next post! Continue healing up, ya hear?

3. no-one

no-one Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2003
    How rude! And I'm not just refuring to the anoying jedi master. Wonder what thoes tweliks are hiding.... hmmm Post again soon you must!

4. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Doonadello shot back, ?Why don?t you grant it??

?Because it was you who were asked.?

?This Tonaleeda and Master Garade? should get along famously,' Paak thought inwardly.

Let?s take them to Konaaddi, let him decide.?

Master Garade' should lighten up

Whats Kona up to he certainly wants to get the Jedi off his planet.

Nice update=D=

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Too bad the Masters' can't get along as well as the padawans. LOL at the pilot who didn't believe a Jedi.

Ahhh, I hope the Ry?Kone?s give them whatever info they can. That way the Jedi will leave and perhaps find where Master Chee has gone off to.

Excllent post Jodi.

6. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Cute scene on the transport. That master is sure... special. She's not very nice. Has a stick up her... ;)

7. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    Yoda didn?t say anything, but Paak imagined the green boy was thinking, ?Humph!?

[face_laugh]

Great chapter jodi - sorry to hear you were in a car accident. I hope you're ok. [:D]

8. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Sorry no post, yet. Things have been really crazy here. Just wanted to let people know I haven't fallen off the planet, yet.

When things get somewhat back to normal, I will post here and other stories.

Wish they had a hangin' in there smilly, I need one.

Is it my inmagination, or have all the quote simbols been turned into question marks?

9. Darth_ShadowHawk

Darth_ShadowHawk Jedi Youngling

Nov 25, 2005
    They Have, it's happened to loads of other stories, including mine. Kinda makes it hard to read.

10. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    They were but it got better. ;)

I just started school so I understand. Life is crazy and hectic. Can't wait for more! :D

11. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    This is only a part of a post, not too much for all the time I've been away. A combination of things have kept me not writing and not on line. I think things have calmed down now and I hope to post more often. I'm thinking if I post this even if it's not finished it will give me a kick in the ...

Thanks for reading. If I don't send out P.M.s now, I will later.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    DSG part 7

Kona and the rest of the Ry?koneian head clan grouped together in a private circle arguing with each other in Hutties. They may have thought this would keep their words secret, but both Master Garade? and Knight Paak understood the outer rim language. Yoda and Meli could figure out some of what was being said. The crux of the dispute seemed to be that Kona had persuaded the others to agree with something that was normally forbidden.

< ?Jedi or not, you should have never let that man into the caverns,? > Poponnitta, the woman leader snapped at Kona.

< ?After he saved the children - - ? Kona asked while looking deeply into his comrade?s eyes. < ?How could we not?? >

< ?Because we have never let even other Twi?lek into our sacred place. Now these Jedi will want to go there as well.? >

?Yes, we will want to go there,? Gara put plainly in basic.

The Ry?kone head clan turned as if one to look at the four Jedi. Their expressions momentarily frightened the younger ones. Yoda and Meli quickly took on the cool domineer of Paak and Gara who had not moved a muscle.

Ponni inquired, ?What makes you think we will let four more outlanders where the first one should not have been??

?Because we are Jedi.? Gara?s voice had a twinge of a threat as she added, ?and we?re asking nicely.?

Yoda could see Paak cringing as the Master said this. Master Chee had always emphasized that a Jedi, though many did, should never threaten people who have not threatened them. Just because they were Jedi was no reason they should get everything they wanted.

?I should warn you,? Kona now spoke a threat of his own. ?Every last Ry?kone will fight to protect what is ours.?

?Whoa,? Paak quickly interjected. ?No one said anything about fighting.?

?But the old one provokes us.?

?Old one - - ? Gara mouthed. She shot the two snickering younglings a cross look. Then she got a better idea. ?Your law, as I recall, doesn?t include children, does it??

?What trick is this?? Ponni asked with a scowl on her face. ?You claim to know our laws better than we do??

?I am a Jedi Master, it?s my business to know the laws of many planets.?

?The old one is correct,? Kona said. ?The law reads no adult outlander is allowed to set foot in the caverns - - It says nothing about children, but that is no place for them.?

?No place Jedi children are afraid to go,? Yoda spoke up with a firm nod.

Trying to sound her bravest, Meli stood straighter before declaring, ?That?s right.?

Paak was proud of the younglings? bravery, but if the caverns the Twi?leks were talking about was the place he was thinking about, he wasn?t sure it was safe either. Paak inquired, ?You let Master Chee go; Why don?t you let all of us go??

?NO!? Ponni snapped. ?The old one has a - - bad attitude. She can not go.?

?Will you stop calling me old,? Gara protested.

?Are you not twice my age??

?That doesn?t make me old!?

?Master Gara - - ? Paak?s calm tone and his hand on her arm reminded Gara she was not acting much like a Jedi Master.

Gara then did something she had never done before, at least in all the time Paak had known her; She stood down.

?I?m sorry, I just want to find out fellow Jedi.? Gara actually sounded sincere.

?We - - ? Ponni also sounded contrite. ?What if we allow one of the younglings to go, with one of us?? This time it was Ponni the other leaders looked towards. ?Not one of us personally,? she clarified. ?One of the growers.?

?Growers?? Yoda asked because he had a feeling about which one of the younglings would be going to this place that no one seemed to want to go.

The adults seem

12. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Hi jodiwent
    That was a nice post to return you to the land of the
    boards.
    So glad to have you back.

?Call Paak a liar not!? Yoda snapped.

?Yoda, calm down,? Paak gently said.

?Why does Master Garade? say you lie.?

Master Garade needs a dose of
    niceness pills[face_shame_on_you]
    Not very Jedi like is she

13. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    ?At least it?s not bugs.? - Hehe. We have a running gag now, don't we?

Great little post there. :) Paak reminds me so much of Obi-Wan. :)

14. no-one

no-one Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2003
  15. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    I just got caught back up and still loving every bit of it jodiwent. Keep up the great work. It gives me something to look forward to. Such great stuff.

16. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    WAAAAAAAAAAAA! I want more.

17. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Errr ahhhh Hi there, I'm back from falling off the planet . . . but no post.

I think, the key word being 'think' things will calm down after new years and I may get back to writing.

ttfn jodi

18. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Yay! You're back Jodi! :D

19. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.